Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:51 AM   #16  

The weather this year is nuts. I have to travel 50 miles tomorrow and it's going to be ok but the I have to do it 5 more times in the next 2 weeks. But I am looking forward to going to work to break up the monotony. They have a beautiful pool at the hotel.Went out to lunch with Auntie yesterday-we didn't walk because it was too windy-I have had that sinus stuff-I was achy on Mon but am better now. Even though it isn't spring, the trees blow their pollen in early I was told by a doc.Bye for now-Mima
Old 02-27-2003, 06:01 AM   #17  

Everyone still in bed? I had to get up early because it's over an hou's drive to work. But I got a book on tape. Carb cravings have been bad. I found out yesterday that the 2 meds -HRT_ I have been taking are made from soy-no wonder I have problems when I eat extra soy-I really want to go back on Prempro-So behave everyone-how are you doing, Meme?with the weather? Mima
Old 02-27-2003, 09:00 AM   #18  

It is just barely over freezing here so the precept is coming in the form of rain. The whole state is green, on the weather map and it is supposed to rain all day today. Better than ice, I guess. We broke a record...the most days ever without sunshine! FOURTEEN!

I just checked my Solganal (gold shot meds.) and I don't have enough for another shot!!! I was supposed to go get one today! So...yet another new medicine! I'll have to start taking the pills they gave me instead. I dread this...there's a lot of side effects! I'm going to wait until next Wednesday because I have Kaylyn today and I'll have Jenna tomorrow night and Saturday. We are supposed to shop for carpet and appliances Saturday afternoon, then there's church Sunday and I have to teach Monday and Tuesday PLUS I have a Dr. app. about my ankle on Tuesday between lessons.

I'm going to take my pillow and a quilt and go to the couch for the rest of the morning! (And watch Playhouse Disney!!!)
Old 02-27-2003, 11:24 AM   #19  

Angry Hi Fibropals

Well, I am back. Had a terrific holiday. Leaving home, it was 5 below zero and a few hours later (7) it was 44 above. I am going to post a couple of pictures. Even though it is winter in here, the scenery is spectacular. This is the first time I have ever seen the rivers and creeks running freely in the middle of winter!

Meme - I hope you can get your meds working well for you. You must feel terrible. It appears that you are too busy for someone who is not well. Looking after little ones takes a lot of energy - something you are short of right now.

Joanne - I hope that some of the pain is gone. Just look at that nice snow and dream

Mima - Sounds like you need a roof job!!! I guess I missed something. Are you working again? I thought you said after the last job, that you were going to retire Good for you, getting out and keeping active. I started back on the estrogen patch and I really like it. My Dr. was not that concerned about that trial on HRT. He has been around for a long time and he said it was 1 out of every 100,000 women that had a problem with the heart. Who is to say they wouldn't have had it anyway? Like the Dr. said, estrogen was the best thing that ever happened for women, as it gave them back a life. I guess, I will die of something so I think I want to be comfortable NOW!!!!

Candice - still no son home? Maybe he will decide not to come home and then you will have a really clean room to use for something else.

Ally - Hi. How are the internet chums doing? I forget what you were doing. I will have to go back and reread your post. Something not far from you. Hope you are keeping well.

Anagram - Hope you are keeping well and not letting winter get the best of you

Hope you are all keeping well

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 02-28-2003 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:17 AM   #20  

Found the best 1 pt cookies at Kroger..they are called oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Natural Oven Bakers makes them..they have omega-3 in them and a bunch of healthy stuff..3 grams of fiber too! What a find! Yummmmmm!
The cookie monster strikes again!

Welcome back Yappy!
Old 02-28-2003, 10:24 AM   #21  

Default Hey There

Happy -Welcome back- Thanks for the thought. Change of weather is always difficult for some of us. But, life goes on. I creeped up another 1 1/2 lbs. This is telling me to get it together.
I was at tops last night and a ladiy estimated my age at 75. That told me I have to do some work also. I will be 70 the 10th of March. I am having enough of a problem getting the # 70 out of my mind. I know she felt bad later on. Wake up time..
Ally - hope your days are going well.
Candice- Nice to hear from you. You do love ypur cookies! If they are not chocolate I can let them slide right on by.
Mima- I got to give you credit. Driving 50 miles to go to work. Do be careful on those roads.
Meme- Hope you feel better soon.
Anagram- Feeling Better? Hope so
Motivation!!!!!! That is what I need.. Bye, Joanne
Old 02-28-2003, 06:02 PM   #22  

hey i miss all of u....................been doing atkins since the first and only have lost 10lbs i am getting restless and in need of some carbs but am afraid it will lead me to eating carbs all day any suggestions??? i hope all of u are feeling better than what i have been reading on this page alone and if u ever need me i am here just give me aholler ok................................................ ..
Old 02-28-2003, 06:55 PM   #23  

Default Hey There

Marlene- 10 lbs in a month is really good. Have you read the materials on Atkins diets? Some of the things I have read are not in favor of it. I always felt a well balanced diet was better. Maybe slower but that is good too because it is more permanent. Just my opinion.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 02-28-2003, 07:10 PM   #24  

I know some reports are not good but i have tried everything else and i seem like i have no control over carbs and since i have been on atkins i feel more energy, and my doc said it is ok for me but i really miss carbs and sometimes it is not always so easy just to eat eggs, meat and salads i have gotten into organic foods too which i like so i think i just need to get out and walk a bit but the weather has been here it is not possible .......come on spring
thanks for caring
Old 02-28-2003, 09:42 PM   #25  

THE DEATH OF COMMON SENSE!
>
> Today we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.
> Common Sense lived a long life but died from heart failure at the brink of
> the millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records
> were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
>
> He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools; hospitals, homes,
> factories and offices, helping folks get jobs without fanfare and
> foolishness.
>
> For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power
> over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as
> to know when to come in out of the rain, the early bird gets the worm, and
> life isn't always fair.
>
> A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the
> Technical Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational
> trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and "new math."
>
> But his health declined when he became infected with the Technological
> Revolution with the "if-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In
> recent decades his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of
> overbearing federal regulation.
>
> He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and
> enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools
> endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies, reports of six-year-old
> boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, a teen
> suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired
> for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools
> had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but cannot
> inform the parent when the female student is pregnant or wants an
> abortion.
>
> Finally Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became
> contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better
> treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything
> from Boy Scouts to professional sports.
>
> As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept
> informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos,
> low flow toilets, "smart" guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and
> mandatory airbags.
>
> Finally when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior
> furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his
> last.
>
> Common Sense was preceded by death by his parents Truth and Trust, his
> wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility, and his son, Reason.
>
> Three stepbrothers survive him: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.
>
> Not many attended his funeral evidently because so few realized he was
> gone.
>
>
Old 03-01-2003, 07:56 AM   #26  

I'm home and when I drive the 50 miles, I stay at a hotel when I get there and then drive home when I'm done . This is the same job I've had for 4 years-correcting the MA teacher test. I have made so many friends and I can pick and choose when I want to go. I am saving all my money for FL next year-it was so nice to see everyone one. As far as the carbs-I have been eating them and have all my cravings back!!!I did buy a lot of products to make bread, pancakes, cereal but I can't torate the soy. Just found out that my hormones are made from soy-one bothers me and the other doesn't but I may go back on prempro-I took it for 14 years with no problem.Well. I'm home til tomorrow night-5 nights away next week but Brad is coming up Tues night so that will break up the week-and it was so nice to see everyone-I have been such a hermit in this bad weather-glad you had a nice time, Anne. Bye for now. Mima
Old 03-01-2003, 07:14 PM   #27  

Default Hey There

Mima- I guess after the year you have had with the weather you will be glad to come down south.. We have had more rain and cold weather than usual. I lost some plants because I was up to my daughters when a real freeze came our way..But they are just plants and will be replaced if they don't come back.
I did good yesterday eating. Today I slipped and ate some nuts. I walked 2 1/2 miles though so maybe that will help. I must not let myself weaken and grab the junk food ....Motivation..Some people are so strong..
I hope everyone is haveing a good weekend...Joanne
Old 03-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #28  

I am posting a few pictures from my holiday.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:11 PM   #29  

These were taken on our way out to the coast.

A little taste of winter for you Joanne.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #30  

The rivers and creeks in the mountains were free running. I have never seen that before at this time of year. They are usually frozen until at least May.
Closed Thread