Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #196

Hi. Time for a new thread.

Candice - did you go get the chest pain checked out? If it's in the sternum or the ribs, it is probably FM. If it's on the left side perhaps a trip to the Dr. would be in order. Hope you are feeling much better.

Joanne - Gas sure can feel like heart problems. Even some of the meds I take for Atrial Fibrillation, cause excess gas buildup and causes pain. Some days a person just can't win! Sugar free anything sure isn't handled well by this old body. Same as MSG and it is in almost everything. It can cause my heart to go into AF, so I really stay clear of Chinese Food, even if they leave out the MSG.

Mima - what a sweetheart that little one is. Are they still there, or did they get back home. I'll bet you so enjoyed having them visit.

Went to the Dr. about my heart being all aflutter (yes, Candice, could have been hubby lol). Anyway he upped the doseage of the Beta Blocker. Don't like that, as that pill causes the blood sugar to do weird things and then I am forever hungry. I am soooo trying NOT to eat anything extra, but it sure is hard when the sugar cravings start. Also, very tired. Waiting to get an appointment set up with the Cardiologist.

Everybody have a good day/
Old 02-28-2011, 05:29 AM   #2  

Good morning-it's been so busy since Suzanne came on Sat. Lily seems to have a cold and I have one also or it;s the superhigh pollen. But she is a good baby and almost walking,
I get that acid and it causes pain but it immediately goes away with maalox.
Everyone is coming for dinner tonight.We will have Mike's bd cake even though it isn;t til 3/15/
Have a PT appt at 8 am. and then WW.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

I think I told you girls about the yellow crowned night herons in my yard last year. I took Christie for a early walk yesterday and something made me look up at the old nest. There sat one of the birds. I wondered if they would come back. Now I wonder if the babies from last year will come here.
I am trying to stay on tract with my eating. Not so easy when I think Of food most of the time..I just try to stay busy..I eat fat free foods often. With high colesterol.(sp) diabetic, and arthritis as well as a heart problem. I just think I should. Some of it is tasteless. I guess it is mind over matter.
Hope everyone has a good week.
Joanne
Old 03-02-2011, 04:13 AM   #4  

Happy thanks for the new thread My pain was on the left side but think it was my broccoli soup and left arm trigger pts.....I agravated carring the big pots form the porch down to the basement while trying to avoid tripping on the dog! I hate those days when I am hungry all the time...nothing seems to take the hunger pains away.

Joanne...there are some pretty good tasting low fat, low sugar, things out there I think. Ya just have to be picky..it takes me a long time to grocery shop to find what I want after reading all the lables. Everything in moderation they say.

Mima..hope your cold is better, gald you enjoyed Lilly.

Got the chest freezer defrosted and cleaned along with the corner of the garage it is in. All the outside x-mas decor boxed and put up out there too. The snow is finally melting
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #5  

Default Hello

I wish I could say that my shoulders are better. I don't like going to Dr's. so I am trying to hold out untill the 14th of this month.. I am not sure how much the injections harm or help the tissue. I know that sometimes they don't help at all.
My brother will be here tomorrow from Az. for two weeks. He will stay one week with one of my sisters and me for a week.
I hope everyone has a great week..
Joanne
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #6  

Default I am back

Wow it was busy last week, We ended up taking Lily to the doctor-her ears were infected, I was also so sick with asrhma-doc said it was pollen. Today is the first day I feel better, I have singulair and advair and allegra, and mucunex.Haven;t felt like eating. Yikes.
We are leaving first week in April-I was going to fly home with points but the airfare doubled. So I don't have enough points. Oh well. I am ready.
My back made my hip hurt badly from picking up Lily-PT today.
Bye for now Mima
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

Today I am a year younger.. Not really but it doesn't hurt to think so..
We have to go get another sticker for my car tag as my hubby misplaced or lost the one I had. We looked for over 5 hours yesterday and could not find it.. I was not a happy camper.. I told him from now on I would be in charge of anything important..
My brother will be here for a week . I will have a few extra things to do..
My son and his wife will have us for dinner Sat. With their busy life I told them not to but they insist.
We got some rain last night. It is supposed to turn cooler..
Have a great day everybody.
Joanne
Old 03-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #8  

Happy Birthday Joanne
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #9  

Happy Birthday Joanne-enjoy your week with your brother. I am still wheezing and hurting. So far Silverscript has rejected the appeal for them to cover the pain patches.If they won;t I will have to get another shot. I can;t go on like this -it hurts to walk.
Cooler but gorgeous. Getting a lot of money back on taxes for the first time. That will replace lots of money that we have
had to take out of the bank/
Lily is walking-I am waiting for a picture.
Bte for now PT this am. Mima
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #10  

Well, someone has to do it-post, I have a UTI and doc changed my med yesterday to tetracycline-called Auntie and she is going through almost the same thing, Getting another shot today-I am in a lot of pain in my leg, When I get gome I will see an orthopedic guy,
We went to a hymn sing last night-it was so nice, Going up to Holy Land Experience in Orlando next week and leaving on the 5th, to go home.
Bet you are having a nice time with your brother Joanne, Hi all. Mima
Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

It was really nice having my brother here. Of course there are two other sisters here in Tarpon. He had to spread himself around a bit.
Had both shoulders injected. It helped one shoulder but the other still hurts some.Tylenol is all I can take. So I am keeping them in business. The Dr gave me a scrip for pain pills . I don't like to take them.
The weather here has been good ,but, as always I am complaining about the lack of rain. It is really dry here.
UTI's are not the best thing. I have had them and due to the coumadin I bleed a lot. Very scary for me.
Hope all of you are well.
Have a good week..Joanne
Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #12  

Mima - hope you are feeling better. Won't be long, I guess, and you will be back home.

Joanne - glad you enjoyed the visit with your brother. Also, glad you got the shots and that the pain has lessened. I don't like to take painkillers either, but sometimes, taking them just for a couple of days is enough, to turn it around. Just try taking them once a day and see how it feels. I usually take them at night. At times one night is enough, other times, I have to take them for 3 night running.

Candice - where are YOU hiding. Hope you are feeling better.

Spring has arrived in most places, but here, you would think it was the dead of winter. We have had snow since Sat. night, and they say it will continue until Tues or Weds. It is that wet, sloggy kind of snow, so everything turns to slush. Sure don't like that! It's SPRING snow, I guess.

Take care and hope all are well. Meme, come talk to us.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #13  

We probably will see sn0w-at least in the back yard where it isn't sunny/
They opened a whole foods store here-at least I can get all my stuff in the same place,
Glad one shoulder is better-I got a shot in my hip and can finally walk with no pain. Will see an orthopedic doc when I get hone.
We are leaving the 5th and stopping in Whiper Mtn where we had gone to work and then Charlotte. Lily will have her bd on the 10th, She is walking now.
I had to stop taking the teracycline because it made me so sick.
We went up to the Holy Land Experience in Orlando-very nice.
Going to try to post a pic. Mima
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #14  

Hey guys!!! Post!! Glad I am over uti doc said. That med made me so sick.
We had an indoor picnic for my WW group. Fun-we had a gift swap and that was fun too,
Packing up-one more week and it's HOT. Mima
Old 03-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #15  

Default Hey There

I was wondering where everybody was..
We have got some good rain today and it is still coming down. It should be fun taking Christie out in about a hour.
I told you all that I saw the Yellow crowned night herons back. Now I see that there is two pairs in the tree. They can be messy. I will have to clean the sidewalks often.. They built their nests right over the sidewalk.
At last I have some relief from the shoulder pain. Hurts some but nothing like it was.
Mima- Nice to here your UTI is better..
Have a good week everybody..
Joanne
Closed Thread