Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #76  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOANNE! Suzanne went to the doc's yesterday and he said Lily should stay put for a couple of weeks, which gives us time before I have to go there,
Eye is doing well-next Tues she will tell me what I should get for distance temporarily. Of course, that eye is still swollen.
Tomorrow we are going to meet Pam's parents so I can give them their picture-Evan is sleeping over and I am going to breakfast with my gf, Mon I am taking Mike to the game. Cooking dinner for him also. That's why I can't go home yet. Bye for now=Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #77  

Default Hello

Hello Everybody.. Tomorrow my daughter-in-law and son are having us over for a birthday dinner. I will be very careful with my eating all day as she may be cooking pasta.. And my son said she is making a cake.. I sorta ruined my points tonight. I planned fish but when I dropped it in the floor it became eggs and 3 small biscuits.. Well, I made them with skim milk! And turkey sausage. Not a good points meal.The birthday will be over and I can get down to really working on my eating plan.. Where have I heard that before?
It has rained here all day.. I like the rain except when I have to take Christie out. Clocks move forward Sunday so it won't be so dark at this time of the evening.I am not fond of walking in the dark..
I hope everybody has a Great Weekend... Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #78  

Hope your bd dinner is nice. I am cooking for Mike's bd Monday-first we go to a Red Sox game-Evan was sick so I couldn't take him overnight. Hope no one else gets sick because we will bring the bd dinner there.
Eye is slowly improving but can't drive. It's weird walking in the store but I can see near fine-with reading glasses. The lens were supposed to improve distance!!!!
Going to breakfast with my gf and possibly lunch with dil's parents. Leaving Thurs-so much to do-this has been a crazy year. Mima
Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone. I did check in quickly a couple of times but didn't have time to post anything. Anne, I stopped taking the Ribose...it was acting too much as a diuretic for me. I might begin taking it again when (and I do have intentions!!) I start exercising. I am suppose to go to a beginners tai chi class on Monday evenings with a neighbor....hopefully it will motivate me to get my butt back on the elliptical! I changed my doctors appointment to give myself an extra two weeks to get back to the diet. Hubby went to see his doctor last week and got some medication to help with his appetite. Guess he is dieting with me now......his knees still can't take exercise though.
Happy Birthday Joanne! We have had very cool weather here on the east coast. Lots of rain yesterday and last night too....I think they said close to 4 inches here. I had to drain the pool twice because it got too full....and hubby came home from work because they couldn't do any road stuff in the rain. Today is cool and very windy but the sun is shining and it feels refreshing for a change. Hopefully it will warm up the next few days. There are lots of arts and craft fairs around the many parks here this weekend.
Mima, I sure hope your trip back north goes smoothly and nobody gets this "crud" that is going around. I'm sure your vision will improve with time and healing....eye surgery really traumatizes the eye muscles. Keep us posted on things.
Tammy, I hope you are staying warm up there in Ohio. Has all the snow melted?? We had record cold temps down here this winter and some people lost a lot of their plants and shrubs. I sure would hate to have to go to the expense of replanting some of our stuff right now. I did remove that passion vine and replaced it with a yellow jasmime. I put the passion vine along the fence between the neighbors house and ours. We'll see what this spring brings!
Off to get some chores done. Hubby had to go in this morning to work because they had yesterday off.....I needed the peace and quiet today anyways. Lots going on next week but I will try to check in. Enjoy the day ladies!! Bye for now.
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #80  

Glad to hear from you Kate-we had 6-8 inches!! Now it's raining back home-hope the pump is working.
Met my gf for breakfast and dil's parents for lunch-wanted to give her the pic I painted for her.
We are leaving Thurs. Taking Mike to the Red Sox game tomorrow, And making his bd dinner. Haven't found out how they are-afraid!!! Don't know what I will do if they are sick.
I was up an hour later this morning-my bgody is such a clock. Mima
Old 03-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 320/214/140

Height: 5"2'

Hi, I'm new here and have Fibromylagia, RA and a host of other painful stuff. I am trying to lose 50 lbs I have gained back after Gastric Bypass. It took me 5 years to gain the 50, but hopefully, it won't take me that long to get it back off...lol. I'm 64 for one thing and then all the pain issues causes me to find it very hard to excercise and walk even, but I know I have to do it, as being older causes the metabalism to not work correctly. If I don't move, I become so sore that when I do get up out of my chair, I feel as if I'm breaking into a million pieces, it's that way all the time. I have lost 3 lbs already...yea!!! and am looking forward to getting out in the spring weather to walk some more as long as I have a few Lortabs to help with the pain. Good luck to all of you as well.
willow542000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #82  

Default Hey There

Welcome Willow, You just think positive and you will lose the weight.. I went to WW and lost 74 and I am just 77 on the 10th of march.
This has been a strange weekend. The son and his wife gave me a birthday dinner. It put 3 lbs on me. I since have lost it. Now I have a bladder infection and have been to Dr. this morning and have to go get some meds for it in about a hour. If Wallmart gets on the ball and fills it without taking hours.
We had a total of 5 inches of rain this past week. we really needed it. Now it may be many days before we get anymore.
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #83  

I have no idea why I go so long without posting. I honestly don't know what I do.

Happy birthday a little late Joanne! Your name is on my calendar, so I knew it was last week. I knew Eleni's was close to yours.

Mima, hope your eyes are cooperating for you by now.

Kate, we've been in the 30's and 40's alot lately, but there have been several days in the 50's! That has helped get rid of most of the snow. I don't have any in my yard anymore, but there are places around where there are still piles of snow.

Welcome to Willow!!! The warmer weather will make it easier to get out and walk. We can all relate to the awful pain! Come and chat when you can! Good for losing those 3 pounds!!

This weekend Tim's fiance, her mother, and her maid of honor will be here. There is a shower on Sunday given by my sisters-in-law. I'm sure we'll have fun. I also have to help out at the Men's Emmaus Walk this weekend, so I'll be pretty busy. Hope I don't get too worn out.

Have a great day!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #84  

Enjoy the shower, tammy. So much fun around weddings-and a little stress but it;s easier to be the mil.
Read my last post about the pump. Well the pump was unplugged so some water came into our apt but there is also water coming in the front to our living room. And it hasn;t stopped. That dear tenant of ours is vacuuming it out as fast as it comes in so we told her not to do it. It probably will seek it's own level but please put everything on the floor into the garage,
Maybe Suzanne will have the baby so I can go right to her house. Brad can sleep at his sister's . He has to put in a drain outside and redo the floors. Got a call into our insurance,
My eyes are doing ok-getting driving glasses today, I don't think that this is the final vision so I will be checked again.
I only need glasses for reading-the cheap ones, none for the computer.
We are leaving in the morning. So I will post from the road if I can. Mima
Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone. It's been a quiet week here....nothing exciting to report. I'm waiting for an AT&T tech to show up this morning and install our new U-Verse system. We are getting rid of Direct TV and going with a new service through our phone company. Looks like we will have to re-learn all those new channels and how to operate the new remote and DVR. Should make for an interesting (and frustrating!) weekend. I don't really like learning new technical stuff....makes me feel old.
Mima, I hope your trip back north was uneventful and you arrived safe and sound. Do let us know all is well? Tammy, has it warmed up in your area yet? We had some serious rain last week but it has been very cool here....below normal temps for this time of year. I think it is suppose to warm up this weekend and then get progressively warmer from here on. Need to go grocery shopping later today to catch all the good sales....but will hopefully not spend too much! Hubby has lost 10 pounds since taking his new medication. He likes not feeling like he is starving all the time. I hope this will get him down enough to consider the knee replacement surgery....we'll see.
Tech guy from AT&T will be here in about 20 minutes so I'll check back later. Enjoy the day ladies!
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 AM   #86  

Good morning-we had a nice trip home-we ended up in Ny and drove from there right to the church service. Wow-Brad's sister and aunt were so surprised,
Suzanne is waitung for her urine test results to see if she has preeclampsia.And the another appt on Wed. She is on modified bed rest and is so ready to have this baby.
Well, all the floors is the house have to be ripped up because there is water underneath/ The living room is starting to smell. They will get ripped up this week and then get covered with plywood to walk on and then tiled so this cannot happen again-plus the new drainage system.
I got my computer hooked up right away.DSL
It's ony 5-we have been up since 4. Went to bed very early. Hope all are well.
Mima
Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #87  

Suzanne is going into the hospital Sunday night and being induced Monday morning. Next week will be busy!!!
Brad has half the lr floor ripped up-cementing this afternoon. have to do it one section at a time.
We picked out the tile yesterday-got a really good buy for some of it.
That's the news. Mima
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #88  

Default Hey There

The days are really nice lately. We need for some more rain to come. Maybe in a day or so,although we may not get it in out section of Fl.
We plan to go to North Fl. for the Easter weekend. The G/son is excited as we will eat at his house. I have managed to lose a few lbs. I will try not to put it back on .
It seems sometime like I am doing the same things daily.. I have been having a lot of arthritis pain in my shoulders and the Dr had to inject them. So working out in the yard is not good right now. We had a lot of things die this winter. It was the coldest winter for Fl. in many years. Our son may find some time to help me there.
Mima- I hope everything goes well with the new baby and mother..
Tammy- I am looking forward to someone telling me I look skinny in a dress. I have a really nice size 10 I bought a couple years ago. I only wore it once and then gained some weight and it is still in my closet. I plan to wear it again.. I need to lose 5-6 more lbs a reduce my rear end..
Kate-I hope your hubby will be able to get his knee replacement surgery. I need one but Dr says no. My heart and other medical problems will not allow it. So now I am wearing a brace daily.It was special made and I don't like it too much. It does keep the knee bones in place. I can only wear pants and skirts wide enough to cover it. I may get brave and wear shorts again this summer.
Hello Meme, Happy.. Joanne
Old 03-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #89  

Hey, hey, hey. I'm not dead. Like Tammy, don't know why I don't come post more often. Just life I guess. Sometimes I think I have too much of it. I know one thing I have too much of lately and that's pain ... another is RAIN. Hey, that rhymes! ha I really have missed all of you. I read back so I woudn't miss anything. Hope you are seeing better out of your eye now, Mima and sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday Joanne. Sounds like you had a good time. I'm gaining and it's not even a special occasion. I've got to do something about that. Been saying that all winter and now it's time for the coats and sweaters to come off! I've put on about 8 pounds. Some of my friends at church are wanting me to start a class. I would be doing a devotion/lecture, and sometimes it would just be getting a subject started and having everyone sharing experiences. My best friend said she would lead a 20 minute exercise class after that and then I'd have a food/cooking, experience/tasting after that with a low-cal recipe. The whole thing would be about one to one and a half hours max once a week at the church. I'm not sure I have time with all I'm already doing and yet ... it sounds intriguing.

I haven't been sleeping. I think being up at night and snacking is what put on the pounds. I can't sleep ... so I want to eat. I go to my family Doc Mon, I'm going to ask him if there's something he can give me that will help me sleep. He isn't good for anything else!!!

Heart is better but still skips around every now and then. Not a good feeling. But it has settled down for the most part. Been a stressful day. Had to have a little talk with someone ... talk that I didn't really want to have. It's no wonder to me that my heart skips. I'm amazed that it still beats some days!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #90  

Nice to hear from you. Meme-and Joanne. Now for Tammy, Kate and Anne.
I went to chiro yesterday-you should have heard my back crack being aligned.
My eyes are great-still need them checked once more-I have distance glasses which I don't need all the time-no computer glasses and some for reading. I might get some bifocals??????? Since I lose my glasses all the time.
The heat goes all the time here but it was nice yesterday and I went for a walk.
Glad you have your brace Joanne. Don't worry about it-most important thing is you can walk.
I am going to sleep over son's house Sunday night and dil will drive me to the hospital. They are giving her something to soften the cervix and then the pit in the morning.
She is happy it will be over-can't wait to see Lillian Alicia.
Bye for now-Mima