Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #61  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow chicks

I have had a mixed bag in the weather department with the morning being very cloudy with the threat of rain. This afternoon is the absolute opposite with blue skies and sunny. I wonder what the evening has in store for us today

I had a salad corned beef sandwich with fresh fruit for our dinner today. we are going out for dinner tonight as our friends have confirmed with us first thing this morning. Apparently it is going to be curry for tea tonight. I know that she makes them mild for me so no after effects in the tummy department. I am really looking forward to it as I have not seen the both of them for so long. I normally see John as he works at the MS centre each week but not so frequently his wife.

Just finished showering and getting ready for this evening. I know it is rather early but showering for me takes lots of energy the warm water just wipes me. To top it off it looked like Sweeney Todd has been in the bathroom as I managed to nick myself twice shaving. With having reduced feeling in my legs I did not feel either just saw the results of blood trickling down my shins. So now I have plasters (band aids) on the both of them. I think it is coming time to maybe use a different method of hair removal.

Good job I am wearing black tights tonight to go with my outfit as they should hide the plasters fairly well. I am wearing a white blouse with a little bit of embroidery down the left side in white and silver thread. I am wearing it with a long dark navy verging on black with a mixture of polka dots of in shades of white, blue, red and grey. It sounds very gaudy but the pattern is very pretty and plus I get numerous comments how nice it looks.

ROSEBUD Sounds like you had a nice time at friends meeting their new "baby" aka their new dog. I have heard you mention this couple who are renovating their home. This must be a daunting task and it sometimes nice to have another view and advice along the way I am sure. I am sure they value your advice and suggestions along the way. Sometime with a project like this you can't see the woods for the trees at times.

Glad you get your glasses free as they can hit you in the pocket. Shame you still have to use another pair of glasses using the PC. I find though I have to be when reading in bed my favourite place to snuggle up and imagine myself in the story I must sit in a certain positions or I am not looking through the right part of my lens.

Hopped on the scales this morning glad to say that my week of indulgence whilst on holiday has now gone. I put on some weight 2lbs to be precise which was to be expected as I was being rather naughty. I am now back to 177 which my body likes to sit at. I was once down to 175 for a few weeks but I could not sustain that I now concentrate on healthy food and portion control rather than trying to be my lowest weight.

Just watched a programme on DMD (Duchenne muscular dystrophy) the one thing I was impressed was how much help the family gets or the person themselves with the condition. Also the life span was much longer than in our own country. The one thing I like was most of the young men lived independently from their family. This must give such empowerment to the young men and allow them to run their life as they want rather than what their parents want.

There was a lovely holiday homes for disabled/ abled bodied people. It catered for both with work surfaces which lowered and raised. Sinks and basins again did the same thing. The setting was beautiful close to the sea and full access for all users to the sea. I thought if I was a wheelchair user I am sure I would value a holiday home like that, that both DH and I would enjoy. It highlighted to me how much further we have to come in helping those with challenges in their lives. I know we are moving in the right direction but still have much to strive for I think in my opinion.

Time for me to finish getting ready to go out. I need to put some make up on for starters and sort my hair out. Got the shaggy dog look at the minute, don't fancy hair with my curry Bye for now and take care ladies

purpleorc

Old 09-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 301/280/199

Happy Saturday, Chickies-

Two sunny, beautiful days in a row. Such a welcomed relief to the two weeks of rain!

Yesterday I traveled to Hot Springs, Arkansas, to bring my scooter to the repair shop. It had quit on me! I just received a call from the repairman and the cost is $120. I know that's a lot of money, but I am so grateful he was able to fix it. My insurance company will not help pay for a replacement, and scooters can be very expensive. So I am focusing on the postivie... $120. is a lot less than a new scooter!

Hot Springs is a bigger city than where I live. It is an interesting place as it has many hot mineral baths. It's a touristy town, too, so there are always lots of people to watch! I love sitting on my scooter in a mall or similiar place and just watching the people. As you can see, it doesn't take much to entertain me!

Food on the road yesterday was okay. I ate out but ordered baked chicken and green beans. Of course, the portion was too big, so I brought half home for dinner. I am amazed at myself because before this try at weight loss, I would have eaten the entire amount and then had dessert! So I can see progress. I am trying to do "mindful eating." And another amazement--- I didn't eat the biscuit!!

Have a great weekend!
Spicy
Old 09-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #63  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

stumbles in

I'm still kicking! I tried to quit amantadine on my own. well that was a mistake!!

let's see.. relationship update. Right now I'm giving B 'space'. He seems to be more comfortable with an internet based relationship... not so much face to face. So I think I'll be breaking it off fairly soon. I'm a few years younger then him... but he's got a lot of growing up to do. It's been a good experience though

Work is busy. I moved into the master bedroom in my house.. switched rooms with my brother and painted the room so the house has better resell appeal. It's a beautiful sage green now, instead of Barney the dinosaur purple.

winter is on it's way in northern manitoba. but it has yet to snow! yay!

and i am still tolerating the max dose of Rebif. side effects are too strong for me not to premedicate... and for me to take it during the day right now. but i am taking amantadine regularly and have started meditating in addition to doing yoga. I've also started a belly dance class - I tried to do an intense class but ended up dizzy and confused from some complicated dance moves... so I'm sticking with core moves right now.

I am going to my parents place for an extra long weekend for thanksgiving next month. and thank goodness greyhound didnt withdraw bus serve from manitoba! my brother was thinking he was out a job (and i thought i was out free greyhound bus rides!) so that is looking up.

i am having a gettogether at my house tonight and going out to dance with some girlfriends later. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #64  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW, VAL ~ you look stunning in your new avatar!!! I love, love, love the new color you chose for your hair -- it looks fab on you. Sometimes, we have to try a few different shades to find that special one that enhances our appearance like no other ... and baby, you found it! You look really classy, and sophisticated, and professional too! Love that touch of red lace peeking up out of your suit too ... how very sexy!

Sorry that the thing with Mr. B didn't work out but it's a good thing that you got to see that early on. Maybe you are just more than he can handle at his young age -- maybe someone about 5 years your senior might be suit you more. My DH is 11 years older than me, but there are days when I wonder if he isn't way younger than me; this may be a male thing, I dunno (shhhh ... don't tell him I told you that) ... let's just say that he is young at heart ... yah, that's it ... huh, huh ... huh, huh ...

I hope that you can get your meds fixed up pretty soon, so that you can feel better. Good for you doing the meditation and yoga; they are both good for lowering stress levels, they say ... Sounds like you are planning on selling the house in the near future; still planning on returning to school too? I hope you have a wonderful time with mom and dad on Thanksgiving; I think it's so nice to spend holidays like that with family that cares about us.

So glad that you dropped by ... It is nice to hear from you and get an update on your life; and what is going on. Hope you and your girlfriends all have a wonderful night of dancing tonight too!

SPICY ~ glad that you got your scooter all fixed up; $120 doesn't seem bad, but for a scooter that may be a lot. Sounds like you have a lot of fun zooming around on it in the malls and places like that. I would love to have one someday, but they are tres expensive to own here; the best buys are second-hand ones. You can rent one but they never told me how much it would cost me.

HEY PURPLE ~ gee sorry you knicked yourself again whilst shaving ... Oh, what about an electric shaver? I have a one screen by BRAUN that I just love. It is actually for men, but it doesn't really matter and it is nice and smooth and easy to use. Glad that those 2 wee lbs are gone forever again; I can imagine that 177 for someone your height would look very good. Sometimes, it is better to listen to where our body is happy than trying to go too low and not being well.

Yes, those holiday homes for the disabled sound very nice; it is nice that you found them. When we go anywhere (which isn't that often and we should do that more) ... we always have to look for a ground level place with easy access for me; and a place that allows pets too (as we have always had a pet) or we just wouldn't want to go there.

We had a very dull, overcast day, but later on, the finally came out around dinnertime. The sky is very clear right now with a bright half moon and lots of stars; hope that stays so that we have some nice for tomorrow. I just putted around here doing little things while DH continued to help his friend with his vehicle; it is taking longer than they thought as they didn't have the right tools and had to modify a bit. Tomorrow he is resting becuz he is very tired.

Hope you all have a peaceful and restful SUNDAY tomorrow; and do take good care ... ROSEBUD
Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #65  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ We had a good day with on and off; so we went up town after lunch and picked up some Spit BBQ chicken for dinner and that was so yummy and healthy. We may have some frozen yogurt ice cream for our dessert for tonight.

I did very, very well this week keeping OP; credit moi for that! I did have one treat at a friends, but still managed to keep within my cap of 1800 C's a day (pheweee). I did a re-think, and I am going to start at 1600-1800 like someone else on this site, so that I will have some leeway later on down the road.

We also picked up a few things we needed to carry us into next week. So I got a bit of extra walking in today as well (kudos for that). We were going to go for a drive later on, but when DH went to check the oil and antifreeze, he noticed that he has somehow lost a piece off the car that is very important, so he will be going on a hunting expedition tomorrow to replace it. So we ended up staying home for the rest of the day!

Not much else going on here right now either; we will just have a quiet evening at home. Will probably do some more hand mending next week on DH's clothes, as I got all mine done last week. Probably do some laundry tomorrow as well, I think.

Hope you all have a BLESSED SUNDAY EVENING and a MARVELLOUS MONDAY tomorrow as well! Take good care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #66  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had here all day today; and I mean quite heavy at times. It was very dark and overcast too. We often get fall rains, and they are a bit late this year actually -- but they revive the trees and grass after the hot July and August months, and it was showing that they needed it ...

HEY PURPLE ~ I hope that you are feeling OK, since we haven't heard from you over the last couple of days. I know that you are looking forward to your treatment tomorrow as they really give you a boost.

GOOD NEWS FROM NUMPSTER ~ well, the deal is done so I can share what they are up to. NUMPSTER and her DH bought an awesome B & B (bed & breakfast) home/business in a lovely area in southern Ontario. It is on a private lake and the place is stunning; I spent some time tonight downloading pictures and will find a way to show them to you all as soon as I can. (EDIT: see the end of post)

You'd also be interested to know that my father and SM came in as her junior partner and they will be helping them get the place up and running. Now all we have to pray for is that her condo sells in time for the take over set for March 15, 2010; and preferably well before that date. The previous owner just wants to spend one more Christmas there as it is so beautiful in the wintertime too.

Thanks for all your prayer support and good thoughts for them; I know that they are very grateful, and she expressed that to us more than once. They are very thankful and grateful that GOD worked things out so well for them, and they have some marvellous plans to hold some Christian Retreats there too!

Just stayed home and rested; doing little things around home. Couldn't do much else with it pouring so much outdoors. Have A TERRIFIC TUESDAY, and take good care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD

PS ~ I did manage to get the pics downloaded; as they had already been downsized ahead of time.

Here's a link to NUMPSTER's new home -- as you can see, this is one awesome place; our entire family is tres excited for them, and we plan on visiting there often ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...tember-14.html

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-28-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #67  
Crazed Pudgey One

S/C/G: 265/265/140

Height: 5'1"

The main problems I'm bipolar, I have asthma, and epilepsy. Most bipolar drugs and anti-spasmotics cause weight gain. So it's hard to find a low impact work out that doesn't make me have an asthma attack and a high impact work out that doesn't stress out my body to the point that I have seizures. It drives me nuts sometimes!!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #68  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, AnnaKitty! My mom is on meds for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and has problems gaining weight as well, so I know what you mean. Glad to have you here. We're kind of a mixed lot with some of us having MS, another with spina bifida-related problems, and others with diabetes or other issues, but we're mostly here to support each other

It's cold here in the house this morning, as it was down in the mid-40's F overnight and I refuse to turn on the heat until after Oct. 1st, so it's 68 F in the house right now and I'm sitting under a blanket! It's been a busy few days-did I tell you that the football dinner went very well, then they won another game Friday night . Saturday, we went to MN to move DH's dad's stuff to his mom's garage-not sure if we're going to have a sale or just give the stuff away, as there's not much there that's got any value, but would help out someone who's off to college or just starting out. Waiting to hear what DH's sisters finally say about it (although the problem sister will probably be very angry if we decide not to try to make her more money). Sunday, we had a really nice church and then watched football and the Nascar race (DH flips back and forth and back and forth and .....), took a walk, picked more tomatoes, and tried to recoup some energy for the week.

Yesterday, had to take DS3 to a podiatrist and he had to have an ingrown toenail removed, so he's going to be a little sore for a couple days. Then, shopped around a little trying to find some warmer clothes, as I've had to get rid of most of what I had from last year (waaaaayyyyy tooooo big!), but having problems finding things that I like. I'm pretty conservative about what I wear and don't like low-cut tops or skin-tight anything and it seems that's all that's available in the stores right now. Don't know what I'm going to do, but might try shopping on-line to see if there's anything anywhere out there. I have been going to a 2nd hand store here, but my current size seems to be popular and there's never very much available to choose from.

Val-your pic looks good! Wish I had your wavy hair! Hope you get your meds working effectively. And, hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving trip to your parents next month!

Rosebud-glad Numpster's venture is working out! Tell her congrats! You are doing so well with your plan. I also have bifocals, but can't see the computer screen unless I tilt my head way up or push my chair away from the desk. I have to go back for a recheck soon and will be asking if there's a different way to adjust the prescriptions so I can see the computer and the kitchen countertops, so I don't chop a finger off!

Purple-Hope you enjoyed your dinner out! I suppose today's your treatment day, so hope that goes well, also.

Spicy-Hot Springs sounds nice! And, very good staying with your plan! It's amazing sometimes when we look back at how we used to eat and what we find satisfying now, isn't it? Keep up the good work!

Well, gotta go get something done, I guess. Kids need schoolwork to do and, as usual, there's house cleaning to do.....talk to you all later! Have a great day!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #69  
Rosebud

to our group, ANNA ~ I think that you might have more luck with just plain WALKING becuz of your conditions. Later on, you can try picking up the pace and/or swinging your arms to get a whole-body effect.

I read the advice of a MD (doctor) on the net (sorry, can't recall his name) who said that we really don't need to do a marathon to get into shape -- all we need to do is go for a walk for 20-30 minutes for 3-4 times a week (and more, only if you want to).

You can also do toning exercises and hand-weights which help you to lose inches but don't put too much stress on your body -- ie leg lifts, knee bends, tummy tucks, half sit-ups, calf curls, squats, wall pushups, arm & chair aerobics, stretchie band workouts, yoga, tai chi, and pilates ...

You can start out with 5-10 minutes and one round of 8 for each kind; and then work your way up to 30 minutes and 3 rounds. Don't do more than that or you may stress your body and that is all you need to do daily. Mix them up each day for variety too.

HI RONNI ~ I totally agree with you about the clothes out there now -- they are atrocious!!! It seems the clothing industry has forgotten that the majority of women are over 25 and a size medium-large. I guess they don't want our money ...

I cannot and will not ever buy those clothes; they don't suit me, and are not becoming at all to anyone with imperfections. They look like toddlers clothes to me -- scant and half-cropped off to reveal way too much flesh!

What really bothers me is when I am out somewhere and I turn around to find someone's bottom or bosom flashing me in the face ... You often see these young girls spending all their time trying to keep their pants from falling off ... That may get them all the male attention they want (or maybe more than they want), but most people are not impressed by it; and some day, they will learn that.

Our temps fell quite low last night too; and we have a very cold wind again today which makes it feel even colder, but we don't have our furnace on yet either. We just put on some warm clothes (thank goodness I filled my closet some time ago) and a sweater. We also have some nice shawls, vests, and throw blankets if we need them too! I'm on a tight budget just like you and need to save as much $$$ as we can.

YES, I have been reworking and tweaking my plan lately. I made up a journal file; and have set a cap at 1600-1800 calories a day. I am actually enjoying journalling what I am eating each day; I thought it would be such a bother, but it isn't even taking me 15 minutes a day total. Once you have the basic file set up, it only takes a 1-2 minutes to put in what you ate for each meal or snack.

I made a page at the bottom with the most common things we eat daily. I got them from a pocket-sized count book that also has protein, fats, and carb counts along with the calorie counts. It is true what they say -- I am finding that it is helping me to keep better track of what I am eating, and I can have more than I thought, if I choose the right things.

Hope you all have great evening ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-29-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #70  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

wow the last few days have gone by in a blur we have been busy bees as you say. Sunday I was making preparations for the next few days. It felt like I was making sandwiches for the five thousand . Monday I went to Middlesex so a longish journey which the end part turned out to be a nightmare. On the road we were on a fuel tanker had spilt its load so fire crew and police were on scene. Traffic was horrendous on than side of the carriage way I was on the opposite carriage way but the normal rubber necking caused big problems on our side. Very near by another road was closed due to an accident and they were recovering vehicles so this just compounded the situation. By the time I got home I was absolutely wiped out. To top it off I ended up with a dickey tummy I think due to my having to take my prescribed laxatives. Today has been the first day I feel ok and no sore tummy. I put a heat patch on my tummy to help with the pain. I found this a comfort but for the first time in using these it has given me a reaction. So I have one really red patch on my tummy but cream helped this no end.

Yesterday was my treatment at the MS centre. Found good news for the centre the bungalow left for us in the legacy made £98,000 (just over really) with the contents of the home. Plus a big pharmaceutical company who must have a charitable section donated us £9,000. The money from the pharmaceutical company will go into buying equipment for exercising such as specialist bikes. These specialist bikes will let you do the work but if you are flagging it then kicks in and does some of the work. It will also sense a spasm and in your legs or arms and go the opposite way which is suppose to help. I have not been on the bike but I might do now I feel more confident down the centre. I will go on other machines down there that at the beginning I would as I am still self concious. My mind cant still get way from the fact I now am more a "normal" size for my height. Years of people pointing , saying comments behind my back or was suppose to be out of my ear shot are deeply ingrained. So I never want to do anything that may draw attention to myself.

Had a spot of good news today. The council repair team member came to look at the kitchen today and he had made another appointment to replace the kitchen unit that is water damaged. Also he let us know that the kitchens in the next two years are going to be replaced. Also the bathroom to be replace though I am not sure what they will do about mine as I have a different bathroom to most. I have a walk in shower and no bath. Also heating system to be update, new door, and new window so lots going to be replaced in the next few years. I suspect it is to get it up to a better standard and at the moment it is not deemed to be at a good enough standard.

Been busy in the kitchen since coming back from doing a bit of shopping made a carrot and coriander soup. Then made a dish of chicken breast diced with green beans chopped and carrot. Brown rice and one tin of low fat mushroom soup and one of low fat chicken soup. This is all put together in one dish. It is a recipe I found from the tin of soup itself then adapted it with changing the vegetables around to suit what I have in store. This is the recipe from the website http://www.campbellkitchen.com/Recip...astindex=false

ANNAKITTY to the thread nice to have you on board. I can fully related with the issue of epilepsy medication which is renowned for weight gain. I am on 2 such drugs gabapentin and carbamazapine not sure if you are familiar with these drugs as they have different names in different countries. I have been prescribed these for a condition called trigeminal neuralgia and it has found these drugs have properties for killing pain associated with nerves

It is so hard when you are being good and eating healthy. Then the drugs you take seem to be doing the exact opposite of what you want to do "lose weight". Firstly there is light at the end of the tunnel so don't despair. You have to eat as clean as you can. What I mean by that is choose your foods carefully so things like wholemeal bread, brown rice and wholewheat pasta will keep you fuller for longer. Sutanas are good but better would be grapes as the volume would fill your tummy for much longer. It takes a while to get the act right but there is a way. I know I might be a little heavier than I would like but I can do nothing about that but I know the food I put inside me is healthy ( well most of the time I am naughty now and again this keeps me on the straight and narrow so to speak.)

I think also if we are in practice eating well for the majority of time if a new drug comes out on the market that we may have as an alternative without these horrid side effect we will be so use to eating the way we do that technically the weight will drop off to something we are happier with. There are new drugs coming out all the time so I think maybe in the future one of them may help us both

Exercise is another problem I can associate with as we all can in our own ways. We all have mobility issues of one sort or another. Find an exercise that you like even if you can only tolerate it in small doses they all add up. I can only manage short walks but by the time the weeks up I have managed quite a bit. All right a fit healthy person would have clocked up in an afternoon what it takes me all week to do but I have had to come to the conclusion that I can't do what everybody else can. So I set my own little goals that for instance I do walking as my main form of exercise and I set a goal that I want to walk to so many houses down the street. At times it hasn't been easy and I haven't wanted to do it. Though I drag my posterior into action and by the end of it I am always so pleased I did. I am competitive so setting myself tiny mini goals like that to achieve helps me. If I have a relapse with my MS then I have to start again walking and the distance is much less gradually building up again.

Look forward to getting to know you and hearing more from you.

ROSEBUD Thanks for your entries the last few days when I have been out of action with life. Really had a lovely night out with friends on Saturday then played cards till nearly midnight. The evening goes so quick especially when you are having fun.

Glad you are journalling your food I found that a big help at the beginning and like you I thought it would take forever but in actual fact it only took like your said about 15 minutes. It makes you more accountable writing it down and it can often flag up problem areas that you were not aware off. Like when do you get the munchies or what foods tend to send you binging.

Like you I have the same concepts about clothes I hate to flaunt to much flesh I think it does not look feminine. Dressing with barely any clothes on with skirts that are no bigger than belts looks like prostitutes. You can dress beautifully without dressing like that. I am glad my niece is not like that she covers up and relies on pretty belts or jewellery to show her to her best. Never seen her in a skirt yet don't reckon she has legs Mind you her mum is the same I can't remember the last time she wore a dress or a skirt so must have rubbed off on to the daughters of hers

RONNIE Like I was mentioning to Rosebud I have issues with many of today's styles maybe I am old fashioned but that is me. Like you I found that size 16 which is size 14 US is very popular here so often I think oh I like that blouse only to find none in my size So the search then continues for another. Sizing for me is another issue gosh there is so much difference between different makers and how they can be so vastly different puzzles me So sometimes I am a size 14 UK and another time I am size 16 even a size 18. Now that is 3 sizes difference I wish they would get their act together. I know a lot of it is done for vanity to make ladies think oh lovely I am in a lower size but it make shopping for clothes a nightmare. Right I will get off my soapbox now

Hope your son soon recovers from the ingrowing toe nail treatment swiftly. Not pleasant to have or the treatment for that matter but the lesser of the two evils. Can't you tell I hate treatment on feet. I was useless when I was a nurse I would bargain with another nurse to do the escort to the chiropodist I would do any of the other horrid smelly jobs that nurse inevitably had to do but going to the chiropodist turned my stomach. I think it was the sound of the machines that they use.

Dinner out with friends was great we had curry well 3 sorts to choose from, chicken, spinach and chickpea then lamb curry so spoilt for choice. I mainly had the chicken but had a small serving of the other two. I would have had the vegetarian option as my main choice but it was a rather spicy curry and though best not to got too mad on it else my tummy will rebel. We played cards till nigh on midnight.

SPICY Hot Springs sounds rather exotic to me even though my city is a tourist destination with the connections with Robin Hood. We have a castle but not in the conventional sense it is a folly. Nottingham is built on a network of caves. I have been down a couple of them prior to my mobility issues. In the second world war apparently the caves were used for air raid shelters.

Glad you had your scooter fixed and are mobile again shame that it is not covered by the insurance but as you say a whole lot cheaper than paying for a brand new scooter. We are fortunate here that we have a scheme that helps disabled now you can either have a car or a scooter. Not sure with the scooter how often it is changed but with a car it is every 3 years. All we have to pay for is fuel and the first £100 for any repairs the rest comes under the insurance. So I know how blessed we are in the UK having a charitable scheme such as this to help people with their mobility.

VAL Wow Barney purple in the main bedroom. Now I love purple but not for a room I must admit I tend to be more neutral when it comes to choosing room colours nothing too vivid. I know I would like the new colour scheme in the master bedroom you have chosen now more too most peoples taste should you wish to sell in the future.

Good to hear what is going on with you at the minute as I know you are busy with work and social life. Belly dancing sound great fun and good exercise no doubt.

Have a lovely time at your parents for thanks giving weekend.

I think I have replied to everybody. #Gosh the thread has been busy in my absence it was great to come back to read every ones posts and get up to speed. so till next time bye bye ladies

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 09-30-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #71  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Had a busy day today too; had to go to doctors, and got hung up there for almost 3 hours becuz of meetings. My tests turned out pretty good; blood pressure was down; gonna take a small cholesterol pill to get it in the normal range, but other than that OK.

Doc is still pestering me to investigate the WLS thing more; and we had a big discussion about it again today, but DH and I are not too keen on it. I ran into an old neighbour who told me her sister is having WLS in October and she will have to be on liquid shakes for 6.5 months ... eeks! I'm not going to waste a lot of time and money travelling hundreds of miles and do umpteen tests and such when I am not intending to do that at all.

I am just gonna try to work a little harder at getting healthy with my own plan; even if that means starting over with a new, and better plan that I have created myself. I like the plan I have now; it is healthy and can be improved whenever and however I like ...

HI PURPLE ~ glad to see you back and that you are well; you have had a few busy days there. Oh, all those plans for your bungalow sound marvellous; so glad for you that they are gonna fix it all up for you too. Sounds like your MS center has some great ideas too; glad that you now feel like you can participate more there. Your dinner sounds wonderful; I also had some homemade chicken-rice-veggie soup for lunch today ... was tres yummy!

So, I ate really well (OP) today; and got in a bit of walking too (kudos for that). Take good care of yourselves and please do have an enjoyable day tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-30-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #72  
MSer living healthy

*******STOP NO FURTHER POSTING NEW THREAD STARTED FOR OCTOBER*******
Closed Thread