Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #16  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good evening fellow chicks

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all our New Zealand users here on 3fc. Gosh it kind of sounds strange saying that in September When for me that day is celebrated in June. Though I do know that our Mother's day is different from that of Canada and USA.

Today has been a cloudy day though did not rain right up until the evening time so we had had the best part of the day dry. I am keeping the eye of the weather more this week because is normally the week we go on holiday but this year we are a week later.

Just finished watching a 2 part documentary about the history of relationships between humans and that of cats. It explored the history of cats in different cultures and mythology. The first stop of the documentary was to a place in Belgium called Ypres. ( I instantly recognised the town of Ypres as I went there when I was at school as part of a history trip. Ypres was one of the towns that was involved in the first world war. I remember being very moved by the Menin gate which is a war memorial.) where every three years they have a festival that shows what happened right up until 1830's that cats where thrown off high buildings. Do not worry no cats are used now only stuffed toys. The ladies who owned these cats were thought to be witches so thus they were burnt. I never realised that in parts of the world cats are revered and even have been thought of as goddesses. One of the highest growth now of the keepers of cats is Japan here they absolutely adore the cat. Virtually in every shop window there is a figurine with a cat with it's paw raised. This is suppose to bring good luck and prosperity to you.

Today for lunch I have eaten chicken, with a selection of steamed vegetables. Then for tea we had a sandwich after a selection of fresh and tinned fruit with a low fat framage frais by weight watchers. So a good day for being on plan today so pleased about that.

Last night I had a very heavy stumble when I stood up from my computer chair and my legs just gave way on me. So just like Humpty Dumpty I fell down back onto my chair. I experienced lots of pain in my back which was lessened with my pain killers. It then brought on a bout of pins and needles in each of my limbs. God as been kind to me today and my back is pain free. The pins and needles are virtually gone so things could have been far worse. I gotta stop trying ballet I am hopeless at it but I am a slow learner no doubt I will be doing an encore performance someday soon.

ROSEBUD I found that my taste buds have changed a little since embarking on this journey. I prior to this absolutely adored chips (fries) but now I am much happier with a jacket potato or new potatoes like yourself. I am not saying that I don't ever indulge in them but given the choice I would pick the jacket potato option. Just a pity that my love of sweet stuff did take the same journey. I find if I steer clear of it I don't crave it. Though if I start indulging frequently the bad cravings sets in and I want sweet things all the time.

Sounds like your pasta meal with those mini meat balls went a long way making extras for the freezer freeing you up on lots of cooking some days. It is our version of ready made meals but a whole lot healthier as we know what has gone into them.

I hope the weather remains nice over the weekend for those of you who have the holiday weekend. If it is anything like British weather it is nice before hand then come the special weekend or what we call here bank holidays the heavens open Then the only thing it is fit for is our feathered friends the ducks. To make matters worse it is then nice weather again the day you go back to work. Talk about rubbing it in

Well done on keeping on plan and getting all that exercise in. Yes you never before really wanted a job that required a bit of elbow grease now you think yeah that will burn some calories I today did some cleaning in the kitchen. DH pulled out the cooker today in the kitchen as there seemed a bit of a smell from that area. Well the culprit was discovered to our horror the side panel on the kitchen cabinet has started to rot that in turn has started to corrode the oven I have now put a report into the repairs section online as it is not urgent repair for them to come and look at the problem. To be honest the kitchen in here comes out of the ark (Noah's that is ) and needs to be replaced. Though I do not know if the council will stretch to that much I think they will just replace that panel. Whilst the cooker was pulled out I took the opportunity to clean both sides of the cooker which I can't really do in in its present position. Plus the side panel of the kitchen units well one any road the other is well past it's sell by date I will let you know what the council say when they come to inspect the job. Sometimes they do not do an inspection but I think they may as I did mention other issues with the kitchen so fingers crossed that we get a new kitchen. I don't want anything too fancy that is just not me just something that is practical and does look like something Mrs Noah would be using

Talking of council repairs on Wednesday we have the repair man or lady for that matter coming to change the pull light cord in the bathroom. Ours keep jamming so it is only a matter of time before it breaks. I thing it is just ordinary wear and tear cos when you think about it they do get some hammer over the years being pulled on and off for light in the bathroom.

Right it is getting late here soon time for me to make some drinking chocolate and find my bed I must admit I am tired went to bed late last night but I woke up really early this morning. I must admit since the change in medication I am waking up early in the mornings. Not that I am taking any less just now I take it just twice a day morning and night. Where as before I took it 4 times a day just smaller doses but added up to the same amount. I would not think it would have such a dramatic result as it has. To be honest I thought I would sleep even longer as I was originally taking 200mgs or gabapentin but now I take 300mgs Not that I am complaining like it is nicer to be able to get up easier in the morning where as before it was awful some morning I needed a few to get going

Well right time to say good night and take care my friends till next time

purpleorc
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 301/280/199

Hello, new friends-

I have done well on my food plan except for the small piece of chocolate cake I had as dessert today after lunch. I am not stressing about it because my dear doctor said for me to occasionally treat myself to a little dessert. So for the first time in weeks and weeks, I indulged. The wonder for me is to just quit feeling guilty over a tiny bite of cake with NO frosting! Left to my own devices, I can beat myself up needlessly.

This afternoon I went to a reception at the local art gallery. There was a "dog and cat" showing--- paintings, photos, etc. all showing dogs and/or cats. I entered a photo of my dog Jack, and my partner entered an acrylic painting of two of our previous dogs. We didn't place, but we met some nice people who love pets and are artistic!

Justwant2BHealthy-I thought of Niko's doghouse your husband and friend are making. There was a category at the show for doghouses and kitty houses. (Notice- the feline houses weren't called "cat houses." LOL)

Purple- I read almost constantly. I have just read the last of some wonderful books by Elizabeth George. Although she is an American, she has written some British mysteries. I first was introduced to her works on our Public Broadcasting Network as her works were produced for Masterpiece Theater. She writes about an inspector from Scotland Yard named Lindley. And I am sure all British inspectors are as handsome as Sir Thomas Lindley!

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed.
Spicy
Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #18  
MSer living healthy

Hello fellow chicks

Grey and overcast day here but no rain thus so far. I have been busy on and off for most of the day. Worked up a good sweat mopping both kitchen and bathroom floors. Kind of figured a good session of mopping would be a good work out and burn calories in the process.

I have made our pack up for tomorrow to take to the ms centre. I made four individual sugar free jellies (jello) to be able to use one for the pack up tomorrow and one for this afternoons tea. Not to mention cooking the dinner somewhere in-between all that lot I have also washed a mat today it is rather a big one and it just fits into the washing machine with a bit of jiggery pokery This mat is a machine washable one though once it is wet it is too heavy for me to lift. Not that it comes out that wet out of the washing machine. Too be honest even in its dry state it is just about in the realms of what I can manage though I suspect not for too much longer. After doing all this I treated myself to a long shower and freshen up.

SPICY Well done for keeping on plan keep up the good work. Little treats such as you have mentioned are allowed and make the weight loss journey easier. All throughout my weight loss ( come to a stand still at the minute but I have become less inactive due to some attacks I had nigh on a year ago) I did as you have done. So don't beat yourself it is allowed you haven't got to be an all the time. I have been off the rails in the past 5 or six days but glad to report I am back on track again and today is my second day of being on plan again. I got myself stressed out when I put my foot in it accidentally. It is not in my nature to hurt people I will go out of my way to do the absolute opposite. A week ago at the ms centre a group of us were chatting about mammogram scans as we were all of an age were we either have them regularly or like knocking on the door in the next 5 years, One of the ladies I was talking with mother died of breast cancer so she is carefully monitored. Unbeknown to us the gentleman who was waiting for his wife in the tank who was having treatment was dying of breast cancer. He got up and walked out we thought he was embarrassed as some men can be. Though the minute he had gone the manager of the centre told us. I was so upset and have stressed myself out ever since punishing myself that I have hurt this man. I would never have brought the subject up had I known about his wife. It is hard enough for him going through all of this without people bringing it up. So I know the art of beating oneself up needlessly so I am no stranger to this.

You told me of the Inspector Lindley in your books you read by Elizabeth George. Oh I am sure that our British inspectors are just as handsome as you imagine they could be. Not that I came in contact with inspectors in my line of work but I did see ordinary policeman in uniform. Oh my they could make you go weak at the knees We use to have to contact the police if we lost a patient on our open door forensic unit. All the patients were on regular checks ranging from 30 minutes ( looking and finding them every 30 minutes) right down to suicide watch which meant one nurse assigned to follow them every where they went. Well this one day it was my first in charge of the ward (I had been a in charge on different wards but forensic ward is a different kettle of fish. So much more intense and more responsibility) Well thus began my day which turned out to be a nightmare . First a patient went missing so police called and they came down to the ward. We filled in a missing person report with them. Oh one bonus I did get this really cute looking police officer. I shouldn't think the officer barely got back to the station when my second patient when missing so the officer came back. I swear he thought we had been making the patient go missing on purpose so we could see this lovely policeman which would make you go all gooey eyed Well this was a great start to my first day in charge. The final thing to go wrong was a patient started getting violent and not listening to verbal command so control and restraint had to be used. Though we had to call the incident team for back up. Incident team were other nurses from other wards who would come running to your ward when the emergency was alerted. The trouble with these incidents you have lots of paper work. I as the nurse in charge of the ward have to call the shots with the incident team. I then had to draw up an injection swiftly and give it to the patient for his own safety and that of others. So my shift was over and it could not come a minute too soon :

We love having you on board Spicy and you have lots of valid information so can contribute in many ways. I loved the board for the same reason the warm welcome and help they gave me to over come my hurdles along the way.

Right time for some tea other wise it will be supper time before I get something to eat. So till next time take care

purpleorc
Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #19  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ well, we've had a couple of very, very busy days lately; as I had mentioned that we likely would. We went out to that old place again and DH helped these folks get one of their bathrooms up and running with hot water so that they can have showers and baths.

Plus they hooked up hot water to the kitchens so they could do dishes with hot water for once; and hooked up the second bathroom today as well. The dear girl was so very happy about this as she had no hot water for a couple of months and they had to travel to a relatives for showers.

Anyways, long days but they treated us to two lovely dinners, two days in a row. We ate very well; was very tastey and fairly healthy too. We both are bushed for the long days; even though I really didn't do much, but I did get some walking in both days which is good (kudos 2 me). Now, we'll take a couple days to recupe and get other things done that need to get done at home (like laundry and such).

DH is in bed already and I will join him soon, as I am tired tonight. I'll come in tomorrow and talk more and answer personal posts to everyone when I have more time and am not so tired. HOpe you all have A TERRIFIC TUESDAY tomorrow. So ... take good care of yourselves and thanks to PURPLE for holding down the fort for us once again ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-07-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #20  

Hello, Everyone-
Ah, the long holiday weekend is over! We didn't do much special except have father-in-law over both Sunday and Monday for dinner. We are probably growing tail feathers as we had chicken both days! Sorry for all who eat here at my house, but a chicken breast can be baked, grilled, roasted, and probably many other ways as well!! And they fit so well into my food plan. Cheaper than beef and pork, too. I tried lamb recently, but I think I didn't cook it correctly or something. We didn't care for it. Much better eaten at a Greek restaurant.

The scale moved two pounds down for me at my weekly weigh-in. That's a good loss, but I'm one of those "I want it all gone now!" people. Anyone else like that?

I've enjoyed reading all the shares. Thanks for that. You give me a feeling of companionship on my weight loss journey.Spicy
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #21  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

should have time to check in tomorrow. worked 14 hours today....
Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #22  
Rosebud

HI VAL ~ it is always so nice to see you drop by, especially when you have been putting in 14-hour work days ... That is tiring; hope you don't do that all the time. Hope you had a restful long weekend though ...

HELLO SPICY ~ congrats on releasing 2 lbs forever ... I think most people want to lose weight faster, but I have been thru that enuff to know that isn't how it goes. The scale and I are not friends; I prefer to use other means to gauge my progress (NSV: like inches and sizes), as I have always found that works better for me.

Our dear PURPLE could tell you how to prepare LAMB as she cooks that quite regularly. It is a bit pricey here so we don't eat it much; probably haven't had any since childhood actually. We eat mostly chicken, lean beef and pork here. I picked up some nice boneless & skinless chicken breasts last week on sale; nice to make a stir-fry with.

HI PURPLE ~ hope you had a good day at your 'oxygen therapy' today. I know that tends to tire you out initially, but helps you in the long run. The doctor has me trying some new type of dressing on my leg and it seems to be helping, so we will pick up some more this week too. Sure hope this helps it to clear right up this time.

Sounds like you had some harrowing experiences in your job, but there were also some pleasant perks as well. Your country is well-known for it's telly shows with handsome police officers. I used to watch one show quite regularly on TVO.

I put my legs up after dinner and fell asleep and didn't wake up until now. Am having my tea right now; and DH just sauntered out too. He's gonna have a coffee and a light snack (a chocolate pudding).

We got some minor repairs done around here today; some new floor trim in the bathroom (as some was getting old and hard to clean). Plus they had to make the door on NIKO's doghouse bigger as it was a bit too narrow; and we put an old piece of carpet we had saved in there too. We folded it in three so it would be nice and thick for him -- after all, we want our furry baby to be tres comfy. With a little coaxing, he went in and then laid right down; but from what I can see, I still think he prefers to be outside or under the trailer.

We went shopping this afternoon, so I got some walking in today (kudos 2 me); picked up some chicken burgers that were on sale again (I love them as they are half the calories of beef burgers). We did pick up some beef burgers for DH as he loves them now and then. I had a chicken burger for dinner with a big slice of tomato; it was really nice too. I ate well today (OP) ... so credit moi!

I picked up a big box of TULIP BULBS today and we planted them this afternoon; put in some new soil too along with my other flowers which bloomed nicely this past week. My neighbour says they are blooming later this year, but they are pretty: I should take a picture of them tomorrow too.

I would like to plant some daffodil bulbs too, if I can find some; we are going to look again tomorrow morning, first thing, before they are all gone. They seem to sell out fast here and I wanted to get some other kinds too, if I can find some that I like. We are trying to fill the garden up with perennial stuff that comes up year after year; so we have less work to do each year.

We also got some paint on for half price clearance to touch up inside our camper trailer and also a piece of plexi-glass to replace one window that was broken. It didn't cost as much as DH thought; so we really lucked out on the prices. So DH wants to go up and do a bit of work there this week at least one day.

Well, that's all the news here from now; hope you ladies (and gents out there) are having a great week. We are having lovely and warm weather here this week ... almost like a fall summer, which is nice really. The buggies went into seclusion, but a few came back out today; thankfully, there weren't too many though ...

Take good care; and hope you all have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-09-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #23  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Well, we are having another hot and day again today -- now I am sure that summer has finally arrived! We went back up town today to try and find some more fall-planting bulbs but the other store didn't get any in, so either I have to go back to the other store and they only had two kinds or I will have to order some thru the mail, which I think might be a better idea as I can get many different kinds and choose the ones that I want as well.

We did manage to get the stuff we need to do the minor repairs on the roof of the trailer; the seam on the one end it leaking a tiny bit, but if we fix it now, it won't ever get too bad, and it is wise to do it before the winter too. We were fortunate to find everthing we needed but we had to buy a wide putty applicator to apply the sealer as they had no brushes left; but I'm sure it will do the job just as well.

DH is having a nap as it is quite hot outside right now; way too hot to do anything outside at this time of day anyways. We already have the utility trailer pretty well set up for what we need to take up to the lot. All I have to do now is make up a cooler lunch tonight and we'll be all set.

I was just thinking that we should call it our 'CAMP' since we have a camper at our lot now. Here in the north, if you have a lot with a camper trailer parked on it -- then, it is called a 'CAMP' ... People use these for weekend holidaying, summer vacationing, and hunters use them for when they are hunting in the fall as well.

Well, I think I'll go put my legs up for a short while as well. My eating has been spot on today (credit moi); and I managed to get lots of walking in today as well (kudos 2 me). We had to go to three places this morning. If we go up in the morning, it is much easier on my legs and feet.

Tonight, I hope to have a romaine salad with chicken, maybe green beans or asparagus and new potatoes with skins. We got a nice big bag of new potatoes today. We prefer to buy 'NEW' potatoes now, becuz according to my research, they have less starch in them than 'late or fall' potatoes have.

So I hope you all have A GREAT DAY TOMORROW -- and do take care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-09-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #24  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

What glorious weather we have had today been sunny all day though nice breeze to go with it so not unbearable by any means.

Well today is a flying visit I hope to have a little more time tomorrow to sit at my pc and post my normal posts.

I have been busy with preparations for my forth coming holiday which I go Saturday for one week. Though there are days which I can get nothing done one of which was Tuesday which was my oxygen therapy day so after that I am wiped out. Then the other day is Friday as we are going to my parents to pick them up to take them to our home ready for going away on Saturday. So I have to work extra hard in between days. Today has been one of those days so no rocking required tonight to make me sleep I can assure you. Plus I think I was up this morning before the birdies Ok so I stretch the truth a bit it was just a few minute past 7am. Me up at 7am it is unheard of in resent years I can assure you. I am making the most of it whilst it last because I know there will be a time maybe when I revert back to needing a crane to get me up in the morning

I thought a day or so ago I was starting an MS attack which was a bit hair raising when I had that familiar numbness from my knees downwards. Fortunately after a night in bed the numbness went though I was fearful that the numbness would have spread over night as this is the normal pattern of my attacks. I do have one residual issue since the little scare that is my right leg is dragging quite markedly so. Normally that rears it's head when I am tired or have been walking quite a bit. I said a little pray to the man upstairs and thanked him for not letting having a full blown attack.

I am sorry ladies that I have not been able to write more but I have read your lovely posts and got myself up to speed.

good night ladies and take care to till next time

purpleorc
Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #25  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I had a great long weekend I ended up going to winnipeg for the weekend to hang out with B and meet some of his friends. I was careful to only take day buses (instead of night buses, where one travels for eight hours all night) and wasnt too tired by the time I got back to Thompson.

and now i need to go to bed...... purple please be careful with your health as best you can be. perhaps take it easier. do you keep a symptom journal. same goes for you rosebud and welcome newbies!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #26  
Rosebud

HIYA VAL ~ nice to see you drop by; and glad you had a nice long weekend in Edmonton visiting with B and his friends. That's good that you found some way to travel that isn't too tiring for you. Sometimes, we get so busy on our holidays that we need to come back home and rest from the vacation ...

It is quite humid and sticky here right now; it was a scorcher today with lots of . Thank goodness there was a breeze all day and some clouds rolled in this afternoon (had sent up some prayers for them) and that helped a lot. Can't imagine what the temps would have been without them.

We went up to our 'CAMP' today and put in the new window; the man at the store gave us a special plastic that he says will not break or yellow. It really looks like real glass; you cannot tell that it isn't unless you touch it. The heat was kinda getting to DH so after we got all the curtain hooks and rods up for the windows, we decided to come home. I just wanted to get all the curtains up in the windows to help keep things cooler (shading the sun).

Just those things took us all day; we finally got home at 6:30. Then I made dinner; we had some leftover DELI CHICKEN and heated up leftover new potatoes and veggies. So I not only ate well (OP) today (credit moi), I got lots of exercise doing stuff at the cottage with a couple of shorter walks out there (kudos 2 me) ...

Now I am going to go put my legs and feet up as they are tired and sore. Last night, I read a romantic comedy called KISS ME KATE; it was cute. I wanted to read something that was light and ended up finishing the whole story. DH and I have to go get new glasses tomorrow too. It is supposed to be a bit cooler next week; and I hope they are right becuz it is very humid in here tonight even though it is cooler.

PURPLE ~ I know you are excited about your yearly holiday; hope you and your DH have a grand time with your family once again this year. I know that you are going to go pick your parents up tomorrow so that you all can leave together. If we don't hear from you before ... please do have a great time !!!

Take good care ladies and have A FANTASTIC FRIDAY ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #27  

Good morning,Friends-
After two rainy days, I awakened to a beautiful day. Rain makes me hurt, which some of you might understand. So I was happy to scoot out to the mailbox and enjoy some cooler air.

I was interested in reading about your "camp." I taught in a rural fishing community off the coast of Louisiana. There were many "camps" on the island, some quite fancy and expensive. But they were called "camps" by the locals who had little patience with the big city people who owned them. Some were modest little places and others were mini mansions. The camp owners would come down each summer, but by Labor Day they had closed up and gone back to the city for the winter.

I loved living and working there, but my doctor made me retire early. He was right that I needed to quit, but I hated to leave something I loved doing. The first year of retirement, I cried entirely too much. Sounds silly to me now. I love being retired! It just took me awhile to let go of the routine and the interaction with the kids.

So now you know a little something about me! Thank you for being here and adding some positive support with my food plan.
Spicy
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #28  
Rosebud

HI SPICY ~ it was interesting listening to you tell your story about working in a vacation area. We use to go to a place with lovely beaches when we were in our teens; that would have been a super place to work for the summer. Your story made me think of that place a lot.

DH and I went back there on our honeymoon; and through our travels found a place that was even better. We found an amazing place where you could walk out into the water for yards and it still wasn't up to your knees; and it was very quiet, uncrowded, and peaceful there too. The beaches are on one of the great lakes; which is becoming a very popular vacation spot. My sister, NUMPSTER, is trying to buy an awesome business there as we speak. We are very excited for her and her DH; and we hope that it all turns out well for them.

Like you said ... these 'CAMPS' as they are called up here, can range from a small one-room shanty to a camper trailer (like we have) to a big, expensive trailer, to a cottage, or even a country home (like a hobby farm) that they go to only in the summertime. What some people call a cottage is better than some people's homes; of course, these are very rich people at that. Some call them 'summer homes' -- but we also call them cottages; while camps usually refer to a camper-trailer, or a small shed or 'modest' cottage out in the country, or by a lake. Actually, they all range in sizes and styles.

We went up town today to pick up some more flower bulbs and I was fortunate that there were some left, so I picked up quite a few. Our little garden along the house should look pretty nice come next spring and early summer. In the spring, we'll pick up a couple more different kinds that will bloom from summer to fall. I picked up some different kinds of tulips like pretty rose-tulips and daffodils or narcissus, hyacinths, and alliums today to give us more variety to go along with our irises and gladiolus, which look very pretty, I must say.

It was another very, very hot day again today with lots of but the clouds came by and saved us by late afternoon. So then I spent some time researching perennial flowers and bushes, and discovered that some kinds of Irises can bloom twice in a season (spring and summer); so I am watching to see if the ones we have in the front yard re-bloom soon too???

We went out for lunch today as I had to wait for our pharmacy to re-open after lunch (1:30 pm); and we met up with a friend and ate with her. I just had a cheeseburger to keep on plan and it was a nice homemade one too. For dinner I just had our favorite super chicken dogs; and I had mine with some beans and stir-fried veggies, so kept on plan well today (credit moi). I also got some walking in today going around a few smaller stores (kudos for that) as well.

I am finding that the water pills are really helping the swelling stay down on my legs and feet; and I hope this continues on. I have been feeling a lot better since taking them too. I have also started taking Vitamin E and that has been noticebly helping my circulation as well. I also started taking Vitamin A to try and help my leg to heal; plus using the tegaderm pads which are a lot easier to use as well -- they cost a bit more but they are worth it.

I did some research and these two vitamins were recommended to help that as well (skin wounds). I bought some fish oil capsules and am taking them a couple times a week; but I did notice you have to watch taking them if you are taking blood thinners, so will ask my doctor about that next time I see him.

Well that is all the news from here for today; and I hope everyone has A WONDERFUL WEEKEND ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-11-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #29  
Rosebud

VAL ~ Here's a link to another thread where I put some pics of my drum gardens ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...ptember-6.html

You had asked about them some time ago and I had to keep going back to resize them as they wouldn't fit. Last night, I finally found a way to get them down to an acceptable size by cropping off some of the picture, but you can still see what they look like pretty well.

I am going to try to find a better way to show you some more pictures. I may have to go back on Facebook, but I may use an different site like my own blog or some other place; but I'll look for one ...

Anyways, you can also see some of my flowers here. The salad/veggie drums and the tire garden (which had green beans) were in the country. We lost 2 drums in the move; don't know how or where but I still have one and will put that at our lot for bulb flowers. We are gonna try and find a couple of more drums for a salad garden and beans too.

The salad drum has lettuce in the center, surrounded by radishes, spinach, and the outside has mulitiplier green onion sets in a circle. The other drums had similar stuff (only romaine lettuce), but also cabbage starts and regular onions and greens. Later, I also planted green and yellow beans in each drum amongst the onions and boy did they grow well.

We put thick cardboard on the bottom to keep the weeds out and planted the stuff really close together to keep them down: hardly had any weeds in these drums and any we had, were easily pulled out. I told DH that I would love a whole garden of these drums, if I could get enuff of them, as they are very easy to use and pick from.

The marigolds in the basket are ones that I planted myself; some were from seed and a few were seedlings I picked up real cheap. I also had baskets with petunias, and some with red geraniums, and some with pink geraniums, all of which grow really nicely (and EZ too). I picked up the starters from the nursery for those too; well worth the money as they bloom all summer.

I have pictures of those too, but I can only post 5 pics at a time; and I have had to resize them several times too. I will try to post more as time goes on. The gladiolus are the bulbs I planted here in the spring and my, are they gorgeous or what? I want to get some more of those in different colors next spring, and some double-blooming Irises for next year too.

Hope you like the pics ... BBL ... Rosebud
Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #30  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ just had a quiet day at home. The temps were gorgeous; we had lots of :sunshine: but with a nice breeze and it was idealic weather all round. Talked to NUMPSTER this afternoon; they are still busy and actively pursuing a business venture and we hope their dreams come to fruition for them.

Had lean boneless pork steaks for dinner with veggies and new potats; very healthy and on plan (yeah). Just had one short walk outside today, but it is better than nothing. Was looking at stuff in the net for a while too. Now it's time to put my legs up and rest for a while. Not much other news here right now, but hope you all have A MARVELLOUS MONDAY and great new week ...

ROSEBUD
Closed Thread