Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #16  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CAFFIENE1V ~ glad that you came over to visit us here; I think you'll like it here. We all know what it's like to have several challenges while trying to lose weight. You definitely have had some problems for sure. I think the key thing is to just keep on, keepin' on ... you are already down to 180 lbs; so you only have to go another 60 to meet your goal, and that is very doable.

Our PURPLE and VAL (short for VALDINE) are doing fantastic. Both are doing a low-carb type plan with VAL eating less meat, but she still eats fish, poultry, and bit of lean beef now and then.

I'm on a lower carb (not no-carb) but more balanced plan because I have had trouble with my sugars, which I'm proud to say are back in the normal range. I am also on METFORMIN so I have to make sure to eat enough or I have the opposite problem and get sick from low blood sugar. I have lost only 3 inches this year; and been on a long stall, so I have been making some changes lately to try and help.

For one, I have increased my walking to at least one short walk each day, plus 2-3 longer walks each week; plus I have my rowing maching set up and available again. I am going to get DH to set up all my equipment for me just as soon as we find out where we are going to be living for the next year. I also lift hand weights and do Chair Aerobics, which I have added some TAI CHAI and Belly dancing arm movements to for variations. I also have Leslie Sansones WALK OFF THE POUNDS dvds which I want to use more this winter.

I hope these changes will make a difference for me. I heard someone say recently, "That all is not lost, as long as you still have the courage to dream the dream!" He also said that having courage is a choice ~ you can choose to have the courage to keep on trying; and courage isn't something that you can lose: no-one can take it from you. This was a spiritual message that really lifted my spirits this week ...

MEOWEE ~ Hope that your PC gets fixed up real soon; so that you can actually use your new laptop. I have also heard some of the concerns that CAFFEINE has mentioned; maybe you could put a pad of some type under the laptop if it gets too warm.

About my PC UPDATE ~ ... well I got really fooled this week. Every time I couldn't get onto the net, I would do a bit of research then call someone (ie a tech support guy or a friend or relative) to find out what was wrong. Each time it would turn out to be a loose wire or connection; or my modem was gone. On Tuesday, I couldn't get on the net all day, then I remembered that I had a back-up modem in my older PC (DH tried to say I didn't, as his memory was playing tricks on him that day, but thankfully I pressed the issue).

I hooked it all up and here I was a happy camper back on the net again; so I thought that's the proof I needed: my modem is gone for sure (after all, it was only a second-hand one). So the next day, DH and I go into town and I pick up a new one. Then I read the paper today with shock: apparently some saboteur cut some large cable that supplied the internet to all of Northern Ontario. The only reason I was able to get on with my older PC that evening was because the workers had replaced the cable by then. So my techie support was in error; it isn't always the modem!!!

So now I have an extra new modem for spare, as technical components for PC's are non-returnable here. Oh well, if I ever need one in the future, I have one right handy ~ LOL! Did we learn something this week class??? LOL! DUH ...

HI VAL ~ I bet you will be really busy over the next while; and I bet you are tres, tres excited too! I'm sorry to hear that you've also been having some PC troubles; I guess it's the week for PC problems ... LOL!

HIYA PURPLE ~ Hope you all have a wonderful trip over the next week (?). Enjoy yourselves. See you when you come back. BTW, I went to the doctors and we found out what kind of rash I had; I picked up a special salve for it and the one on my hand is completely gone now ... yeah!!! Most of the scap on my ankle is also gone; last one came off last night; now I'm just putting some more lotion to get rid of the dryness. It took a while, but we are winning ...

We had rain here all day; so we went to town to get a trailer hitch for our car: no-one had one, so we had to order one. DH found a place that had one for $120.00 less; then he has to attach it, but then we won't have to keep paying others to move around all our stuff. DH likes to be independant and not have to rely on others: and I understand that!

Oh and BTW, my DAD and SM arrived here last night and my DAD came by to chat for a while this morning; and I'm so happy that he looks better too. I don't know if I told you that he got bit by a snake (a Mississauga Rattler) and some red ants while working on his camper trailer recently, and had a very bad reaction, but he's doing much better right now.

Well, that's all the news from here for now; hope you are all feeling well. We also went out for lunch today (had chicken); so we will have a lighter dinner tonight. Take good care ladies; and I'll try to hold down the fort over the next few days while PC's get repaired and folks go on vacation ... ... Bon Voyage!!!

I think I wrote a book ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-05-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #17  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I am really excited! And stressed and busy. My appetite took a vacation and I'm having trouble sleeping... so I'm cutting out caffeinated drinks for awhile. (kinda sad because a community group person I work with saved a coupon for a free starbucks for me and I have to wait till atleast next month to use it).

caffeine1v hee hee I thought you name was caffeine IV. Caffeine gets me into all sorts of trouble... but it's latest usefullness is causing a lot of pain when I get silent UTI's. I'm on immuno-modifiers for MS so I'm prone to a lot of infections without typical symptoms. Sorry I missed the plan you're following?

Rosebud
- it really is the week for pc problems! My brother said he'd look at my laptop today -- until then I'm just using his It's nice after several years of having 'college roomies' to have family for roomies. We can be ourselves and still talk to each other 5 minutes later. Hope your computer is fixed soon!

Purple - hope time at your parents goes smoothly as does packing for holidays.

meowee how did the desktop apt go? Do you have to do anything to prepare for Hanna? Hope it mellows out by the time it gets to you!

Turns out the new job is working 8 am to 5 pm... during the winter and 7:30-4:30 during the summer I am so torn between quitting my weekend job and sticking with it. Weight loss is much slower now.. I have 37 pounds to go till goal but I plan on taking the next year to do it. It's buying new clothes that is going to break the bank! I'm going to have a talk with the manager at Reitmans where I work and stop her from giving me 4-9 and 5-9 shifts on Fridays. Maybe onlly 6-9 or nothing on Fridays!

ok I'm going to go and be useful by cleaning.
have a great weekend all
Valdine

Last edited by valpal23; 09-06-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #18  
Rosebud

Well, I put an ad in the paper to try and find a place, but we haven't had any offers yet, but there is a whole week left yet. We are putting our trust in GOD that he'll look after us with the help of some kind Earth Angel. DH is a bit concerned and I told him to stop worrying; everything will be OK. My DAD was teasing him and telling him that our car could make a good mini-camper as it has very comfortable seats ~ lol!

It was cool today; we had to put on the heat to get the chill out of the air. We went over to see my DAD and SM at the farm today and we had a nice visit. They are coming over next week for a roast beef dinner; better start planning.

HI VAL ~ lots of changes in your life and coming up in ours too; I hope we can find a nice place to move to. Some of our neighbours are happy to be moving like me; esp the young ones as they want to move into town. I just want to move period; but it would have been nice to have some more time.

DH is doing fantastic getting everything ready; I just know everything will be OK, as things are going so smoothly for him. Not much other newsy stuff, so take good care, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

argh!!!! I'm using my husband's laptop from work because I'm downstairs and can't sleep (an all to frequent side-effect of my seizure meds) so I typed a nice long reply to everyone...it logged me out!

I'm tired but still can't sleep so I'm just going to make it short and type the reply out again (well...what I can remember of it) tomorrow if I get a chance.

Tomorrow, will be going to church (my dad's a pastor), having lunch with the 20's and 30's girls...all 7 of us if every girl in our church in that age bracket comes (small church). It is at a little coffee shop near our church and I'll have to beg off of eating because all they have are sandwiches that they slather with butter and heat up by "grilling" which with all the butter essentially becomes fried. Then I'm hoping to go get hiking boots and a bag to use as a carry on for my trip to England later this month. I've got to get another medical alert bracelet and then fancy it up by removing the chain and doing a beaded thing instead.

Oh, another thing I'd like to do before I go is to have my husband take my wedding ring to a refinery so we can get the $ from it and make a new one I actually like. See, the ring we originally bought I liked, but it wasn't platinum like Ben Bridge had it labeled as. Because of that they made me a ring that is platinum but I've never liked it. Anyway, I can't wear it now because I'm so fat. I'm curious how many of you have had to either give in and get rings re-sized or are like me and stubbornly avoiding it in the hopes that your fingers will be where the weight comes off first.

Oh, and I'm actually starting to look into the ketogenic diet because it can be really good for epileptics. Right now all I'm doing is watching what I eat and trying to exercise a bit more. The ketogenic diet is supposed to help with seizures. I honestly don't think I could do the ketogenic diet though. You have to measure everything exactly and it is almost all fat with very little protein or carbs. To get it to work best you have to restrict fluid intake too. Now, I don't drink much unless I force myself to anyway. I've actually gone a whole day without drinking anything and not even noticed it. Today, I think I had about 5 ounces of water and maybe 1/2 of juice with about 3 ounces of coffee...so all told I've had a little over 8 ounces of liquid. My husband says I must be part lizard and get all my water from the food I eat. Still...I just don't know that I'd be able to do it. Heck, they generally want you in a hospital when they first start the diet. There is a modified Atkins' diet too that you can do, but if you just looked at my favourite foods you'd think I'm French, which I'm not. I could easily live on crusty French bread, cheese, coffee and chocolate...good dark chocolate, not wax. I say dark chocolate is chocolate, milk chocolate is pretending, and white chocolate is the ghost of chocolate past. Atkins just sounds like pure torture and certainly not something I could stick to for more than a month (if that).

Anyway, I'll write more tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #20  
Rosebud

HELLO LADIES ~ Well, I was pretty tired yesterday, so I thought I had already posted and looks like I didn't. I fell asleep early while doing my crosswords and woke up around 2am; then I moseyed off to bed.

I went to do some packing and noticed that all but two of the boxes a guy gave DH have no bottoms ~ LOL! Oh dear, we'll have to find some cardboard and cut them to cover the bottoms as they are good boxes with lids. I told DH that I haven't packed in so long that I don't know where to start: so he suggested my extra dishes from the high shelves that we don't use quite as often; but I just realized that even with my little homemade step, I can't reach that stuff, so I'm in a pickle ...

Anyways, I did some calling around searching for places to no avail; a lot of time wasted, but who knows, once we get the word out enuff that we are looking ... somebody might know somebody who has a place available! I even made up some business-like cards to hand out to people we talk to that say 'We need a home'; plus our name and phone number ~ who knows, it might work. I'm trying the 'networking' stuff big-time here.

CAFFEINE IV ~ that diet sounds very unbalanced to me and something that might clog your arteries for sure. Take a look around this site; I'm sure you will find a plan that would be healthier and easier to stick with. I have never heard of a plan before that suggests you restrict your water intake; you need to be careful that you don't get dehydrated, becuz you could very easily esp during hot weather and when you are exercising.

I've lost weight off my fingers already; I'm down to a size 6.5 from a 9. I found this out this summer when I tried on my sister's rings: I probably could wear a size 7, but I have to get white gold becuz the yellow gold makes my skin blister & bleed as I have severe metal allergies.

That is a cute saying about the chocolate; I think white chocolate is kinda like fake chocolate, and milk chocolate is for kids: so by unanimous vote ... dark chocolate is the winner ~ LOL!

HIYA VAL ~ yah, my PC wasn't even broken after all; the internet was off for the day! They got it back on in the evening and by then I had switched to my back-up PC. So now I have lots of extra parts leftover ~ lol! I have to watch how much coffee I consume or I get an upset tummy; most people around here live off the stuff ... all they do is drink coffee and smoke ciggies and cough ~ lol!

PURPLE ~ Have a great holiday in Ireland!

MEOWEE ~ hope you get one of those PC's up and running very soon ...

We have had rain on and off all day long today; I did get out in a short sunny spell to pick some veggies for dinner. I picked the last of the beans in the drums and a summer turnip. I still have carrots and more beans in the main garden. The carrots can stay in there until October to get as big as possible. My tomatoes are ripening on the plants; they started out slow but now they are doing well. I am keeping them on the porch by the house and we put a clear plastic tent over them at night so they are doing great considering our temperatures have dropped quite a bit in September.

Hope everyone is doing great this week; take good care of yourselves, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-08-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #21  

Oh...I hate packing! Ok, so I also hate unpacking unless it is presents. Boxes without bottoms don't hold all that much I've been told. I hope you can make them work and still be stable. Umm...about getting stuff from high shelves. If they are in the kitchen, I always just climb on the counter and stand there. When we pack I often do the books first, then things we don't use much or often, then clothes that are out of season. I tend to leave the really breakable stuff for last because boxes get shoved around and fall over and things like that. Pretty much I just start in one room, pack up everything I can in there, then go on to the next. I like to do them room by room because then you can label the boxes and you aren't mixing rooms and making it harder to know where to put them in the new place.

Oh, and I wanted to let you know that we've found that every time we wanted to move it seemed like nothing was working and then suddenly we'd find the perfect house. We've owned 2 homes. The first one we had almost asked my in-laws to co-sign but neither of us felt comfortable with that. So, we waited a few more months just looking around. One day I was looking at a new development with our realtor. We were figuring we might possibly be able to afford one of the little 1100 sq. foot single level homes. Saw one, it was teeny and had no personality. It was starting to rain and so we went into another home that was for sale. It looked like a white farm house almost, just what I like. It was 1700 sq ft and we were sure there was no way in heck we'd be able to afford it. Weren't even going to look at the price and my realtor said we might as well, just out of curiosity. Well, come to find out it was the model for the neighborhood. They were wanting to sell it NOW because they couldn't start phase 2 unless it was sold. They'd knocked the price down so much it was about the same as the 1100 sq ft house. The second time was even more amazing. We looked at a house where literally, our realtor and I went home and took a shower after seeing it because it was so bad...we think they were probably the drug dealers of the neighborhood. All the rest of the homes we looked at were without a yard or were run down or would have to have had every single room painted (one had a black room, a poo coloured room, a forest green, and a rotting eggplant). It was insane. Yet again we went to a house we were sure wouldn't work. We were able to get it though...the owners had told the previous potential buyers no because the people had wanted to turn the family room into another bay for the garage and the owners couldn't handle the thought of their house being messed with like that. God can kind of just smack you over the head and say "move here" if you let Him. It doesn't sound like you are hoping to buy at all...but the same thing happens with renting too. Heck, we've known someone who did a rent to buy thing too.

I know...the diet would be HORRIBLE to do and sounds like it would shorten your life span. I would only do it to stop seizures and even then don't think I could manage it. Heck, I think brain surgery sounds better really...and my Neuro wants me thinking about that. I don't know why it seems to work for stopping seizures, but it does. Takes kids who are having 50 tonic clonics (used to be called grand mal's and now are called something that sounds like a drink old English generals had during WWII or something) a day even with 2 or 3 meds, and quite often gets them to where they don't even need medication.

I'm glad to hear your fingers went down in size. I'm really hoping mine do. I miss wearing my wedding ring. I like looking married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
HELLO LADIES ~
I went to do some packing and noticed that all but two of the boxes a guy gave DH have no bottoms ~ LOL! Oh dear, we'll have to find some cardboard and cut them to cover the bottoms as they are good boxes with lids. I told DH that I haven't packed in so long that I don't know where to start: so he suggested my extra dishes from the high shelves that we don't use quite as often; but I just realized that even with my little homemade step, I can't reach that stuff, so I'm in a pickle ...

CAFFEINE IV ~ that diet sounds very unbalanced to me and something that might clog your arteries for sure. Take a look around this site; I'm sure you will find a plan that would be healthier and easier to stick with. I have never heard of a plan before that suggests you restrict your water intake; you need to be careful that you don't get dehydrated, becuz you could very easily esp during hot weather and when you are exercising.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #22  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well the day started out cool, wet, and chilly; not fun to be out in really, but I prayed about it and the sun came out ... yeah! Well, the neighbour wanted DH to put the heat on but the furnace wouldn't work, so the experts had to be called in. Thank goodness we bought a little heater; works just well enuff to warm up the main rooms. So I prayed that GOD would bring out the sun for the other people in our complex; and He did!!! (And the expert is working on the furnace as we speak).

I didn't have a good day yesterday. The munchkins have been acting up terribly the last while: being very nasty and mean to our poor, sweet NIKO. I had to rescue him for the umpteenth time last night: this antic was to tie him up and hang him by his yard rope. Man, was I fit to be tied: I mean, VERY ANGRY!; and it takes a lot to get me mad. I have caught them (well one more than the others) hitting him, slapping him, poking him, stomping on hit paws, punching him, tieing him up, strangling him, kicking him, and hitting him with sticks and blocks of wood and other miscellaneous objects and so forth (and this is just in the last two weeks).

I'm fed up of trying to teach them how to be civil towards a puppy. My new rules are that NIKO cannot and will not be outside the same time as them. We've discussed this problem with their families more than once, to no avail; they just say, 'Yah, we know', but they don't address it! These kids are so sneaky as they would wait til we put NIKO outside then come running over to "play" with him: I told them that's not "playing". The real issue is that they have no adult supervision nor any structured play of any kind.

So ... I told DH "Now that is something that I am not going to miss when we move!" Actually, the only thing that I'll miss is the birds and the lovely sunsets, but GOD can bring them to where we move to: I will pray them back to us ~ LOL! Anyhow, I also had a cold and a wisdom tooth that was giving me headaches, so that surely didn't help matters much.

CAFFEINE IV ~ thanks for the moving advice; that's very helpful to me; and it's all coming back to me now. The encourgement about finding a place lifts my spirits too. Dh has been panicking, so I have to try and get him out of that negative frame of mind. We are not buying a place (can't afford that) becuz we are going to build one on our lot; we only have the foundation done and it will take us about 3-4 years to finish it one-stick-at-a-time ~ LOL! (BUT, we won't have a mortgage at all when we are done; and that's very important).

Sad that we are being forced to move now; so we have to rent for now and there is a real shortage here. I can't live upstairs or in the basement becuz I can't do that many stairs; so I need a ground floor place only and there are only a few of them here. Why that is ... I don't know! DH and I have noticed that about 97% of the apartments available here are not on the ground level.

ANYHOW, our life seems to be taking some odd twists and turns right now: while we are exuberant about building: others are constanting trying to talk us out of it. We don't know what is going on; I have never heard so much negativity. Someone told us that sounds like the big green monster (jealousy) getting to some of these people; I guess that is possible, but I don't understand that becuz I'm always so happy for others to have their dreams come true!

But like you say, we are believing and trusting GOD that He will direct our paths and that the perfect place will just show up at the right time: I just hope it's soon, so that we can start moving before it starts snowing!

HIYA VAL ~ hope you're having a great week. Did you say when you are starting your new job? My short-term memory isn't as good as it used to be ...

HI MEOWEE ~ how are those PC's coming along?

HI PURPLE ... sure miss you when you're gone!!!

Well, I have to go put dinner on; think we'll have fish tonight as DH likes that; and we are having my DAD and SM over for roast beef dinner tomorrow night. So take good care, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
HI LADIES ~
I didn't have a good day yesterday. The munchkins have been acting up terribly the last while: being very nasty and mean to our poor, sweet NIKO. I had to rescue him for the umpteenth time last night: this antic was to tie him up and hang him by his yard rope. Man, was I fit to be tied: I mean, VERY ANGRY!; and it takes a lot to get me mad. I have caught them (well one more than the others) hitting him, slapping him, poking him, stomping on hit paws, punching him, tieing him up, strangling him, kicking him, and hitting him with sticks and blocks of wood and other miscellaneous objects and so forth (and this is just in the last two weeks).
Umm...I would actually call in the humane society if I was you...or the cops. The statistics show STRONGLY that kids who are willing to torture animals are very likely to go on to torture people and often become killers. The fact that they are willing to hang him...NOT a good sign. Besides, it can end up making is so the dog will be unable to tolerate any children around him and could end up biting someone out of fear and would have to be put to sleep (depending on the laws of your area) all because of what those kids did to him.

I hope your wisdom tooth stops causing you problems soon.

Glad I could help at all. We lived in a single storey house which my grandparents owned (growing up, we were generally below poverty level. My dad for a while there made $150 a week as a pastor and didn't make much running his printing business out of our home). While we lived in it, a second floor was put on it. At one point, we were standing around talking and a foot came through the ceiling. The guy had slipped and not stepped on the beam. My mom just shoved the foot back up to help him get un-stuck and went on talking. Do you have a plan for the house you are building? I LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at house plans and have designed several for fun. Actually, I've had a house plan picked out for years that we'd like to build if we ever get a chance to have some property.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #24  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . . guess who . . .

At long last I am reconnected.

It is likely going to take me a few days to get caught up with reading around here, though and it is definitely going to take longer than that to reload some software onto my computer; get used to using XP on this machine again; try to start to understand Vista on the laptop; and rewrite some of my homegrown Excel and Word files that I use all the time.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet, but certainly saw the one immediately above and agree completely -- anyone that would try to harm a small animal wouldn't think twice about harming a small human either -- I think you should call the police, ROSEBUD.

Anyway . . . have a great evening and I certainly hope I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #25  

Welcome back Meowee! Glad your computer is working with you again instead of being on strike.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #26  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

be back this weekend
Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #27  

Warning...pity party to follow.

I must say, I'm absolutely terrified at the moment. I see my neuro on the 18th. My meds aren't working anymore. My seizures aren't the tonic clonics like you think of when you think epilepsy (used to be called grand mal), I just get severe dizziness and can't focus. My first med I was on back before I got an official diagnosis (back in '99) made me gain 50 pounds in one month...after 2 months of gaining about 10-15 each month...and all this while barely eating because it took my desire to eat. Why couldn't it have made me want to eat more and still lose weight...oh to be so lucky. Anyway, the med I'm on now causes me not to sleep well and made me lose a ton of hair, plus I went from actually being quite smart to testing as being firmly in the normal (sorry...not trying to brag, honest...but it feels like my brain isn't working at all because it has stopped working like it used to) and my fine motor skills have plummeted. I had to resort to a wig for a while there, but after I'm on a specific dose for a few months my hair starts to grow back. I'm on the highest dose the doctor feels comfortable with putting me on. She gave me a supplemental med to take...I slept 18 hours with only a break (after 9 hours straight) long enough to drink 1/2 a cup of caffeinated coffee in the hopes I'd wake up...it failed. So...now I go see her and I don't know if we'll be changing my med and I'll have to see what "nifty" side effect I get this time...you are guaranteed to have a side effect you just never know what. It is either that, or brain surgery. The idea of surgery is less scary to me than another med. The thing is...how the heck we'd be able to afford it. I'm sure she'd have me on a VEEG for a week or so. That is an EEG that is 24 hours for multiple days. They CAN do it at home, but like to have you in the hospital for it so they can have you on camera the whole time. A simple 1-2 hour EEG costs us $750 after insurance...the thought of having to stay in the hospital for who knows how many days, PLUS surgery...maybe that is why God had some guy rear-end us...maybe the settlement will cover surgery and testing. Doubt it, but you never know.

So anyway...I'm stressing out which isn't good for my dieting. I'm worried, close to tears because I keep having seizures. Had to sit in my office during most of the church service because I kept having them over and over. I don't know what it is doing to my brain. I already have some calcification and deterioration and she warned me that if I have lots of uncontrolled seizures it is likely to get worse. The type of epilepsy I have is the hardest to control with drugs, but is the best for surgery. The thing is...it is also very well known for getting worse and worse and if you don't have TC's when you start out...if you don't keep them under control you'll very possibly end up getting them. That would mean I couldn't drive my oldest to school, and there is no bus. My husband would have to work from home most days because my mom is working on her MFA and though she's within 5 minutes, my youngest with his comprehension delay wouldn't know to call 911 if I had a TC.

Sorry...I know I'm borrowing trouble but I'm very scared.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Oh CAFF . . . I've got my fingers and everything else crossed for you . . . my Mother had epilepsy but, luckily, she was pretty well controlled by good old Phenobarbitol all of her life. I honestly never saw her have a major seizure -- she'd occasionally just kind of look blank and lose her train of thought for a couple of minutes -- but I do know she had some pretty bad ones back when she was a kid. Good luck, Chickie . . .

And a sunny Hi There to everybody else, too . . . We are having an absolutely gorgeous morning in northern NS -- sunny and cool (only about 50F right now). Fall is definitely 'in the air' around here.

Guess my plans to reload some software and try to rewrite a few of those scuttled applications will be on hold for a little while -- today is the regular Thursday afternoon mall-crawl and since I will be away for the weekend (in North Carolina, if IKE is cooperative) starting next Thursday (18th), have to make the most of this one.

Other than that -- nothing new and different for me -- just happy to be able to say (with some degree of certainty) that I will see you all later.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #29  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ I'm back from two very busy days; we had visitors both days. We had a lovely dinner and everything turned out great (yeah; always a tiny worry), then we played a nice game of EXTREME CHASE and had a wonderful time laughing about DH's mistakes as he was so tired he kept making booboo's!

Today, a man came to get the last two vehicles we owned besides our car; poor DH sure hated to part with them, but we can't take everything with us. We have had to down-size big-time becuz we just don't know where we are going. We went to see another small place; looks pretty good to us, but the owners say it's not ready to show until another 2 weeks, and they needed to get some more info for us too. DH likes it, but we don't really know enuff yet to get our hopes up.

A nice friend called to say that he and his wife want to come and help us move; that is so answered prayer. We've had cold and wet weather and my muscles are just screaming in my legs and feet lately; and we've been under so much stress here. I was bawling and asking GOD to please send some us some earth Angels and they called right after a prayer at dinner.

RE: OUR RASCALLY MUNCHKINS ~ I'm afraid these kiddies are a bit young for the COP THING; they are only 3, 6, & 7 and one is AUTISTIC or something close to it (although he and the 3 y/o are not the biggest problem; they have only been caught doing things a couple of times after copying the real mischief-maker). You know, in every group, there is a leader who has a chip on his shoulder and an axe to grind with life; and this lad is only about 6 y/o.

They have scolded them and made them stay indoors for two days as their disciplinary action. Today, they came out and immediately ran over to our place, only to find that our NIKO is staying indoors when they are outdoors now. He goes out before they get up, when they are in school, and after dinner when they go for their baths at night.

CAFFEINE IV ~ I expressed the same concern to DH; 'What is that boy going to be like when he is a teenager?' He's got a terrible temper and he's very defiant; but at other times, he can be very sweet for a while ... They do have their hands full, and so do his teacher's at school. The family is already annoyed with us for complaining, although I don't why since they know he is a little rascal???

HI MEOWEE ~ I'm so glad that you finally got your PC up and going; hope everything loads up well for you too.

HIYA VAL ~ TGIF; just one more day this week! Hope all is well with you too!

HI PURPLE!

Well, we did get some packing done today and we took CAFFEINE's suggestions; DH packed books while I did my brass collection and small ornamentals. If we keep up this pace, I think we'll be OK; thank goodness, we did some tossing last winter as we were getting so cluttered. That is turning out to be a blessing; and I also did some laundry today too.

Well, I just wanted to pop in and talk as I was so busy I didn't get in yesterday. I must also say that I do appreciate your advice; thanks for being so caring. Take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Another beautiful morning in northern NS . . . hope things are glorious in your neck of the woods too.

After I got home yesterday and started playing around with the computers again I decided I'd have to 'go to town' again today to find a book -- something along the lines of "An Idiot's Guide to Vista for Dummies" might be appropriate.

Other than that -- SSDD -- see you later
Closed Thread