Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 AM   #106  

Good morning. Joanne-that;s great about your son! We were happy when Brett went back to church and now Angela is a Christian. I pray for my other kids every day-They were all brought up in the church but.......
We went to a seminar on prayer-really good. We will get more of it in Sunday school and church and at 6 tonight. We prayed over a lady who has cancer.
Chelsea did a good job of cleaning. I am still going to get rid of more stuff. I want to come in and look around and not see junk everywhere.
Bye for now-Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #107  

So sad about the boy who died ... I'd hate to know I had a child or grandchild over there!

Joanne, you are blessed with so many siblings. I only had one brother and he died at age 24. Always wished I had more. I have 2 friends and a first cousin who say they are my sisters - we're close, together & talk all the time and even go on vacations together sometimes ... but just not the same. Glad your son is in church. It's a relief when our kids are doing good. Us mothers are such worry warts! I had Jenna all weekend, she's such a delight.

Talk about rain - it rained so hard here yesterday it was nearly a flood. But PTL we're supposed to have at least 4 rain-free days! SUNSHINE AT LAST! Maybe I'll start feeling better. And talk about not being able to find a place that doesn't hurt. I was sitting here thinking about that one. I was 'self-examining' ... But I just had to stop and say, "Thank You Lord", because I didn't have a sore throat or a tooth ache!

Something is wrong with Sami. She either has a broken leg or hip or something. She started across the yard yesterday and was just yelping with pain holding her back leg up. We couldn't get our vet so we made her comfortable and gave her some asprin. She isn't eating and won't go out of the garage. She won't walk much, either. I gave her children's Tylenol twice today. She hasn't eaten all day ... just layed in the garage. Hubby is taking her in first thing in the morning. Bless her heart, just makes me want to cry seeing her in pain like that. She doesn't seem to be in pain, though, when she is laying still ... just when she tries to walk around. I hope it's just a break and she'll be ok. She's only 7 yrs. old.

Last edited by MemeToo; 05-15-2007 at 06:29 PM.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #108  

Poor Sami-hope it's something simple.
What a weekend focusing on prayer. 15 suggestions to jumpstart your prayer life. One was praying the scriptures-just pick a book and do about 4 verses a day-read it and then pray about what comes to mind when you read it-and what people it urges you to pray for. Another was to pray while you walk.
Suzanne said I put a guilt trip on her when I asked her to go see Bobby-she said she was going to and he hadn't had any company. He lives so far away. But I will see him on Wed.

We have calling hours tonight and a funeral tomorrow. Brad's friend's father. Funny thing is that he and his wife had my kids and school and I find out that he has been Brad's friend all his life. the man whose father died.
The asthma is better. I've gone to stuffy .
I found my water pik nose thing. Can't believe I didn't throw it away. Have done it a few times. A bit uncomfortable. One side of my nose is blocked. Wonder if the neti pot is better???>
Bye for now Mima
Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 AM   #109  

Meme, last night when I went to bed I groaned. Bob asked me what was hurting, and I told him it would be easier to say what wasn't hurting!! I think we're related!! Poor Sami!! Hope she is ok.

Mima, I like the prayer suggestions. I'll have to give it a try.

We were planning to leave for Michigan tomorrow morning, but we are going to leave early afternoon today! Should be fun for the 3 of us. Looking forward to it. We'll be home sometime on Friday.

You ladies behave yourselves while I'm gone!!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:36 AM   #110  

Took Sami this morning. He X-rayed her and said nothing was broken. He first thought maybe she had torn ligaments but ruled that out, too. Said it was a bad sprain. He said we will have to keep her off the leg and give her an anti inflammatory for a while. She's still there. He had to put her under to do the X-ray because he couldn't straighten her leg out. I couldn't get her out of the van by myself because she weighs 67 pounds and hubby had to go to work at 1 ... she wasn't awake yet. He said he'd just keep her until the morning and not charge us. He's a good doc. He's been our vet for about 20 years. I looked at hubby on the way up there and said, 'think he'd take a look at my ankle while we're up there?' He said, 'that'd probably do about a much good as the one's you're going to now.'

I actually got some work done today. ("Work?!?") Anybody remember Maynard from the Dobbie Gillis Show ... Bob Denver? I'll never forget the way he used to say WORK. I cleaned out my nasty car. Then tonight I started on one of the closets in my bedroom ... you also wouldn't believe all the 'stuff' you can find in a closet that hasn't been cleaned out in forever. Hubby even found some jeans he didn't know he had after he got home ... and can still wear! I didn't get the closet finished. Maybe tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. It's a pretty big closet but not the biggest one. I have a walk-in that I'm going to paint and put organizers in. I bought 3 sets of shelving units from Lowes right after Christmas for the back of the big closet to put my shoes, purses and sweaters in, some with drawers and some with shelves ... but I haven't felt like doing any of this stuff yet. One project at a time ... I still have hubby's whole bedroom to paint and completely redo and the basement is still sitting there waiting on me like a giant cave with it's dark mouth open ... ready to swallow me up! I went down today and decided how I wanted it arranged. I'm going to sell my electric piano down there (I have one upstairs) and also the big diningroom table and 6 chairs and organ. When I do that and rearrange the other furniture, we'll have room for a pooltable. I'm getting excited and wanting to get all this stuff done. I'm going to have to be careful not to over extend myself! Caution!!! I always do this. Not this time, though. I'm already hurting bad enough. I'm going to pace myself and just work an hour or so in the morning while hubby is here and then another hour or so in the afternoon and then take a nap. Then work another hour or so right before he gets home and then go to bed. ("Best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley.")

Last edited by MemeToo; 05-15-2007 at 06:30 PM.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #111  

You sound like me, Meme. I have this urge to have everything organized-that means I have to walk behind Brad who gravitates to disorganization.
Got a call that skin doc had a cancellation so brad is going to drop me off. go to the funeral, and come back. They keep checking tissue to see if they got all the skin cancer. Hope they don't have to do it too many times. Worse thing is the shot in the forehaed. Of yeah, I have to cancel my hair appt.
Have a great time, Tammy. Bye for now, Mima
Old 05-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #112  

Please don't post here. Starting a new thread.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote