Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish maybe your body does not hold the sodium. After I had the heart attack they wouldn't give me much water as they thought I had CHF .The urologist would want a lot of water for UTI

We went for breakfast at a restaurant and I got sick so it isn't just McDonald's. It could be that the grill is used over and over. At home the pan is cleaned after each use. What else could it be .Eggs are eggs. I don't get sick at home.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I am noticing that some foods I eat in restaurants make me sick too, I think they don't always clean their grills or change the fat often enough. And then some places use more fat than others. I also am wondering if some places trying to be healthier are using that no fat that they came out with a few years back. I can't remember the name, I think it was Olean. That stuff will cause potty issues big time. I have no idea what goes on in places these days. I agree it has to be something they did because eggs are eggs.

As for the salt, I'm not going to worry about it any more and I'm going to cut my fluids back down to only 8 glasses a day. I'm thinking I'm washing the sodium out. Some foods that I cook, I do think I use a lot of sodium sometimes, but I probably do get enough fluids with the veggies, fruit and drink so that I may not have to even drink as much as I do. Most days I have at leas 2 c salad and a cup of veggies at our main meal. Then when I'm doing CAD correctly I have a vegetable omelet and try to have at least 1 or 2 fruits a day. So it is probably time to quit worrying about drinking so much fluid.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #303  

Trish, I always tell DH that no one cooks eggs like he does. He cooks them on a big griddle pan with butter and they are soft and fluffy. I never like the scrambled eggs at a restaurant as well as his. I think theirs are overcooked. I can't even make them the way his turn out. I still don't feel up to par all these hours later. I don't feel like eating anything. Nothing appeals to me, but DH is hungry. I hope he just makes something or gets take out.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #304  

I'm sorry you aren't feeling any better Carol Sue. I like fluffy scrambled eggs too. I haven't had them since DH#2 passed away. I can come close, but not the same.

I did fast until dinner. I was feeling so bad that I did check bs before I started to cook and then before I ate. Before I cooked it was 97, but the interesting thing is that I didn't take a bit of anything until I got the food cooked and I was ready to sit down and eat. I was feeling a little better so I checked bs again and it was 113. I've heard you say when our bs goes so low it is good if we can wait it out while our body is adjusting to it. This shows me that if I can wait that it will level out on its own without me eating anything. I'm finished with eating for the day and will not eat again until breakfast tomorrow.

I pulled a muscle in my back while cleaning out the deep freezer. It is better, but still feeling bad. I did clean up this living area a bit so that if DS does happen to decide to come by the house isn't too bad. Not going to do anything else today.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #305  

I finally started to feel better so I did eat. I had some ice cream and a big salad. What a combination!

Your blood sugar reading as really good!! Yes, I had read somewhere that if your body thinks BS is going to go too low it will release a little glucose to prevent that, and that's what happened. If you continue like this, it might end up going normal. Wouldn't that be wonderful after all those higher readings you were having? I would like to see that for myself, too, and actually, for all of us. We can do this.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #306  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

My scale does play music - only when it is a loss though. Also, the weight it announces is relative to my starting weight (e.g. you are a half pound below your starting weight). It re-sets after you lose 10 pounds.

My FBS is still about the same. So no NSV there this go around. Super happy to have maintained my half pound weight loss for several days so far. I have had a consistent headache lately. Often when I am losing weight I have a headache. I haven't found any one else with the same issue nor have I found a reason for it. I was super hungry today though and ate a lot for my evening meal.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #307  

Popsicle I googled that scale and it is unavailable plus lots of money lol. Sounds fun. Good for holding the loss and BS.

My BS has been too high the past few days .No carbs for me today!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #308  

My knee was bad yesterday, but after lots of pain meds yesterday it felt pretty good this morning. Before I got up I laid in bed for a while. I bent my knees then raised them up, then put a hand on each knee to "feel" if the left one felt different from the right one. As I pressed on them, something popped in my left knee. It would be WONDERFUL if something had been out of place and it popped back in. I can only pray that that is the case. I would be forever grateful. We are going out to Goodwill today for 99cent day, so I will let you all know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Old 08-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #309  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Oh my, so many things to say. Trish, I would suggest you add real salt to your foods, and still avoid high sodium foods. Real salt with iodine is healthier than the salt they add to prepared foods. And you should always drink for thirst etc. Sometimes if I don't drink when I think of it (first feeling of thirst) my body gets confused and I get hungry instead. SO I make sure to drink more now, as it helps me not to overeat.

Pipsicle, try having a bit more salt as well for your headache. and I assume when you are doing IF you are not "dry fasting" but that you are well hydrated.

For some reason, at bedtime, I have a lot of urge to pee. I can go hours during the day, and I stop drinking fluids shortly after supper, but I have to go 2 or 3 times before settling down at night. I have been successful in getting to sleep without any meds, including herbs and such. But am still struggling with getting back to sleep when I wake during the night. I still have to use the bathroom during the night, and then have trouble getting back to sleep. Will have to see what the CBT insomnia site says about that. I know I am not to stay in bed if I am not sleeping, and I tried a sleep meditation, but still had to get up read. When I went back to bed, had to sleep with the CPAP mask off, I just could not sleep with it on. So not the best sleep last night. I am determined in this time off to avoid drugs, but if I find taking a simple melatonin supplement does help me to sleep longer and deeper, maybe will do that.

Carol, I hope your knee is good today after that pop! That would be great news. My cousin just had knee surgery, where they re-aligned stuff that had suffered some damage. She never had a major injury there. She did have problems with an injury to her other leg, and the worry of course is that the "good" leg gets out of alignment taking extra weight and pressure for a long time, so even without major injury, small things will cause big problems. Since she lives in Northern Ontario, I drove her down south for the surgery when I left the island last week, and drove her back on Friday, hence the very long days of driving, since is was a couple of hours extra from London where she had her surgery. She was still in a lot of pain yesterday. Hoping it will be easing off soon.

I am curious about you getting sick from the eggs etc at the restaurants. Sadly, many places do NOT use butter or the grease we would use at home, maybe you are sensitive to lard or whatever they are using. If the oil or grease was off, you or DH would smell it, I am sure.

I have been sticking to plan pretty well. I do allow myself fruit, and had a lot of cherries yesterday, they were not the best though. Not much on hand today, and we decided not to go anywhere and just stay at the cottage today, so I will not have temptations around, and no problems sticking to my 18:6 2 meal a day plan. DD did not find my wallet at home, so I will have to start cancelling cards. No action on them, (I don't have TAP on my cards, so they are no good to a thief, if there is one. ) I just really didn't want to have to do this, I am so sure the thing will just show up..... ugh
Old 08-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #310  

My knee pain is still not very bad these few hours later, but I DID take pain meds. My blood sugar was pretty high this morning for some reason. I had some home cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast and am getting hungry now. I hope that means my blood sugar is coming down.

I don't know about the restaurant eggs, but both the places we where we ate are places that seem to be clean. I can only assume it's something different they are cooking with. I don't just get potty issues, I actually felt horrible after eating. I grew up eating things cooked with lard and bacon fat with no problem, but in the past 30 years I have not been a big fat/greasy food eater and I guess my body just doesn't like it.

EDIT DH and I discussed my getting sick and he pointed out that he ate the same things I ate and didn't get sick, so it's something that doesn't agree with my stomach.

There is another restaurant where we eat often and I get potty issues afterwards. I mostly order salad there so it could be they use greens that contain preservatives.

Mad, I cannot really sleep without my CPAP mask. I often doze off in my recliner while watching TV but only for a few minutes because I keep waking up. DH doesn't like me to put my CPAP mask on when I lie down in bed to watch TV, but I do it because so many times the TV will put me to sleep and if I don't have the mask on I just keep waking up. I feel that if I fall asleep, it's because my body needs it. When I am hospitalized I tell them to give me 3 ltr of oxygen at night to make up for the Cpap. I tried wearing it one time but they had tubes up my nose so I couldn't wear the CPAP.

I rarely sleep through the night without getting up to pee. Sometimes I make it to 5AM, and on a good day I can go back to sleep. I don't turn on lights. We have a dimmer in the bathroom so I only have to have enough light to see where I'm going.

That's a shame that you didn't find your wallet. I wonder where on earth it got to? If I found a wallet I would probably mail it to the person, provided it contained something like a drivers license with an address. We did find a wallet once. It was in the middle of the street in the rain and it appeared that cars had ran over it, and cards were scattered around. We turned it in to the police station. I'm hoping yours is misplaced somewhere unexpected and it will show up. One time I used my drivers license to pay by check and didn't know I dropped it. It came in the mail a few days later, so someone was respectful and responsible.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 08-12-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #311  

fatmad Thanks for the advice about the salt. I do use sea salt with iodine and yesterday I actually thought about putting salt on my hand and just eating it, but I never did. However, I never salt my veggies, but did decide to do so yesterday. I do add salt to some foods when I cook because we like our meat cooked with season salt on it and the only other food I put salt on is corn on the cob. It just tastes better with it. Other than that I'm not one to use a lot of table salt. I've often thought maybe that is why I always craved chips. Perhaps what I thought was cravings for a crunchy food was actually the salt. I was having a headache this afternoon, but I think mine is from the fact that I got busy and didn't drink my second cup of coffee. LOL

Carol Sue I hope the trip to Goodwill doesn't start the knee hurting again. I pray that the pop was a good thing too. I wonder what books you will find for 99 cents today? You and I just can't pass up a good book. LOL

Pipsicle I haven't heard of a headache when losing, but it is quite possible. Hope it goes away.

FBS was up to 132 this morning, but I'm not surprised. I ended up eating chips last night. So went my DD. I was so hungry. Actually I knew I was hungry for something salty. I wanted nachos but didn't actually have the ingredients because I purposely don't buy them because they are a trigger for me. But when you really want something you can make adjustments even if not as good. I took DH Ragu double cheese and added a few chopped jalapenos to a little of it and ate it that way. I knew when I did it that I was probably going to raise the bs because it was eating so late in the evening. I just had to have it. I guess you would call it a planned off plan snack. I'm back OP today.

I changed the batteries in my scales and I am actually back up to 219 this morning. I ended up sleeping late and didn't feel like cooking this morning so I had 30 g protein banana shake with 2 slices of bacon and a cup of coffee. Neither DH nor I feel very well today so not sure if we will have the steak dinner I have planned or have soup or something that I can cook quickly. I will have another shake this evening. The steak dinner will bring my calories to approx. 1100 calories, but if we end up having eggs or something light and quick, I won't even clock them on MFP because they won't even come close to 1000 calories.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 AM   #312  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Thanks all for the input on the headache.

The scale was up 2 pounds today and FBS was not good. I was able to fast for 15 hours today and my eating window was 6 hours. Although, I have the bulletproof coffee in the morning which seems like a lot of calories to have while fasting. I have confirmed it doesn't seem to impact my BS level. I checked my BS 2 hours after each 'meal'. One was on the high side and the other two were fine. The other thing that is happening is after my evening meal, I have been falling asleep and have zero energy. This also the meal where the BS was on the high side 2 hours later.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:15 AM   #313  

I didn't sleep well last night. I went to bed around 12 AM and woke up at 1:30. I was hot. DH said the windows were open, but he doesn't open the drapes, and we have insulated drapes so the cool air doesn't come in. I fell asleep around 5 AM and slept til 8 AM. Not a lot, but something. The insulated drapes are great at keeping the cold air out in the winter, but not so good in the summer. If he would open the drapes a couple inches the cool air could come in. I really don't think anyone wants to stand outside looking in our window. LOL

Pipsicle, think about what you ate before you got sleepy. That happens to me a lot if my blood sugar has spiked.

Trish, I used to get headaches when I didn't eat, but that was back in my 20s. I really ate low calorie back then and didn't know the tricks of drinking a lot of water or having some salt.

I do not use a lot of salt on my food or in my cooking because I don't like a salty taste. I just use enough to bring out the flavor. Everyone has to salt food that I've cooked. I cannot eat eggs without salt. I bought iodized sea salt and we didn't like it. We used it, but now it's gone and we have gone back to regular iodized salt. I don't understand the purpose of sea salt. My DIL uses it and I call it "yuppie salt." LOL It seemed that the iodized sea salt was ground smaller and too much came out of the holes in my salt shaker.

They were talking about the old "cabbage soup" diet on another forum. I put a lot of cabbage in my veggie soup but it's not officially cabbage soup. They made me hungry for it but I can't make it now because it's too hot. I would eat it but DH would not and I cannot eat it all. I don't like canned soup anymore. I used to like Campbells vegetable soup and some of the Progresso soups. The only one I buy now is Progresso Lentil soup, but I just drain and rinse it and just eat the lentils.

My step daughter and her DH tried to buy a house but couldn't get the loan. I didn't think they would, but didn't stop them from trying. She is all upset now and embarrassed. I have told her for the 25 years they have been married that this day would come because they were never good at paying their bills on time. She thought because her DH is now making more money they would get the loan but they have to build up their credit. They are 50 years old now, and I think they should just stay where they are. Their trailer is paid for now and it's nice, but the neighbors are terrible and they want out. I feel bad for her, but she would not take my advice all along and now they have to face the consequences. A hard lesson to learn. I don't know if she is now thinking that "StepMom was right." I think she always thought I was being mean by the things I said. I tried to be diplomatic but what I said was the truth. She was over 21 and out of the house and my voice fell on deaf ears.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #314  

Carol Sue Kids don't listen to us. They have their own ideas and think our way of thinking is old fashioned. Sorry they couldn't get the loan. I used to think it was because I was the stepmom, but I learned that kids do their own parents the same so I decided that is just how they are. Sorry you couldn't sleep. I had difficulty going to sleep to, but I knew it was because of nighttime snacking. I rest so much better when my belly is empty.

I'm going to try not to be so long winded today as I need to get a few things done this morning since we will go see Daddy today. He is upset that my baby sister has been he a couple of days and hasn't been to see him, but I figure it takes a few days to get moved in and settled. Don't know how much they had to move, but there is usually a time limit on a Uhaul so I'm sure they were rushed. We always were and then we were exhausted. There are a lot of things to do when you move from one state to another. She never changed out drivers license but has to go get it renewed before she can drive. So I'm not surprised we haven't heard from them. Plus they are working on revive their marriage so I figure they need some time.

DS daughter is seeing a surgeon today as our doctor removed a mole from her back which looked like nothing but he sent it off to be biopsied to be sure and it was melanoma. Dermatologist said he got it all, but wanted her to see a surgeon to be sure. We will know more today. She is the niece who works for the Cancer Association. Her bosses got busy and got her right in to see a surgery today. According to the dermatologist they will want to remove some more skin just to be sure it doesn't come back.

Well, I really messed up this past weekend, but decided to get back OP and be strictly committed. I'm getting back to the 20 min on the bike today and committing to the 5 or 6 hr eating window using CAD and have 1 CM breakfast and a carbs included RM. I have to get back to no eating at night. I know that whatever I eat at night raises my FBS and I want to stop that. I want to see that low 116 FBS reading and work at going lower.
FBS this morning was 137 and weight up 2 more lbs. I know I can do this and I just need to do it.

Got to get busy. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #315  

Carol Sue Are you okay? I am watching the weather and it is showing all this flooding y'all are still having in PA. I hope you are high and dry and stay that way.

Ended up doing 25 min on the bike this morning. I tightened up the pressure so I get better exercise for the legs and knees. Also the surgeon says that our doctor did a really clean job of getting all the melanoma, but now they have set up an appointment to do prevention treatment in September. So thankful for answered prayer and that she got it taken care of early. She is 34 yrs old and surgeon said it is very rare for someone as young as she is to have this.
Closed Thread