Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, I can't find a calculator online to figure out allowed points for the new plan, even on the UK websites, but from what one poster said about her points, it was about 22% less than she had on SP. I am not good at figuring points, and I think Simply Filling would work better for me where I just eat from the allowed foods, mostly 0 points. I used to eat mostly poultry, but recently started eating red meat and pork.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I saw some of the people on line who said that their points were 7 pts less on the new plan than on the Smart Points plan. I am thinking about switching to the Simply Filling too because that plan looks so similar to that. However, I will wait until the new plan comes out tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #213  

Trish, I receive email offers from WW periodically. I will probably wait until I get a good offer from them. Im very interested, and I know I could follow on the low carb side, but I know I am not good at following a set plan.

I have been eating more carbs in the past few days and my blood sugar has been up. I think it's because I don't have many low carb foods on hand so I'm eating what's here. I will be roasting a chicken today and that's always good for me to have the leftovers on hand. Low carb is very easy for me. I don't have to count or measure anything, just avoid starchy carbs and I'm good to go. But when they jump into my line of vision, all bets are off. LOL

I was having leg cramps during the night. I think that's a sign that I'm dehydrated, so I got up and drank a glass of water and went back to bed and I was fine after that. I know I don't drink enough water especially in cold weather, and also when I have potty problems that leads to dehydration. I've got to watch that. Too many things to watch.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #214  

Carol Sue I will definitely be going to the new plan when I get it. I don't know why they are waiting until next WI day for each person to know what it is. I think my daily points will go down to 23 instead of the 30 I am allowed on Smart Points. I changed my WI day to Saturday because that works best for me because I can weigh at the same time each week.

I switched over to the Simply Filling plan to see what it was and see that I will probably have to give up my bacon and switch back to Canadian bacon when I go to the new plan. Since I have to stay on the SP plan until next Saturday, I will eat the bacon I have open and give the other to my Daddy. I use the low sodium that he likes so he can have it. I will start working toward eating the new way from the UK information we have. This week will also give me time to buy the right foods to go with the 0 pts. I am looking forward to the new plan.

FBS was 145 this morning. Once I get on the new plan, I will stop checking the BS so much. I will just trust the diet.

I have to be careful to drink plenty of water during cold weather. It is supposed to be colder this next week. How wonderful to know that beans are going to be 0 pts. I like beans and used to rinse a can of beans and eat it for a meal. Since I only have to cook one meal a day for DH, it will be so much easier to open a can of beans rinse it and eat it for my evening meal and being fiber it will easily satisfy me and maybe stop feeling hungry at night.

We went to Sam's and Walmart yesterday and I have food again. We are having codfish today. I saw a recipe on WW that I'm going to try out. It is breaded but only 7 pts. I am counting 5 pts because I am not using milk in it. I always dredge my food in club soda instead so I save some points. I am going to look on line to see how I can cook it in the air fryer. I'm going back to eating eggs because on the new plan they are 0 pts and I think the egg yolk is so good for my hair.

Have blessed day.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #215  

Trish I have tried Egg Beaters off and on and I think Walmart Brand taste the best. DH will not cook or eat Egg Beaters and he is the breakfast cook here, so I eat the eggs he cooks, and he cooks them in butter. They are very tasty and fluffy, much better than what I make, so I eat them and count all the calories and fat. They keep me satisfied until supper. The only time I eat lunch is if I eat cooked veggies. On days that I don't have the eggs, I seem to snack more, like my body is searching for something.

I like beans too, but I don't know if I could eat a whole can. I like lentils but the only way I can find cooked canned lentils is in Progresso Lentil Soup. I buy that and drain and rinse them. It retains some of the flavor from the soup seasoning, but hopefully not all the sodium. I divide it into portions and freeze it in freezer bags for future use. I think I use one cup measurements, or maybe 1/2 cup. I used to use a half can of beans when I made chili because DH doesn't like beans, but then I started mashing the beans in the chili with a fork and he doesn't know they are there. The smashed beans just thicken the chili. That's something I will be making this week because after today, the weather is going to get quite cold. Highs in the 30s.

I will have to be watching my email to see if I get one from WW. They usually send one about once a week, trying to get me to come back.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #216  

Went to WW to track food and I was automatically on the Freestyle program. I absolutely love it. I already knew that I was eating a lot of 0 pts foods. I get 23 pts and the 35 weekly I think. Not sure how the weekly points work as I see that I have 31 left and that may be from this past weekend since I made my WI day Saturday. Up to 4 pts a day that I don't use rolls over to the weekly pts to use when eating out or on special occasions. I have my plan for today and looks like I will have 2 pts left to rollover. I don't like that dairy is considered so high, but I will work with it.

I thought I was going out with Daddy and DS so I had 1/2 banana with yogurt and cinnamon with coffee. Daddy didn't feel like getting out so I just ate 2 eggs, 1 sl Canadian bacon with a little bit of mozzarella cheese on a low carb tortilla. I won't be eating a lot of bacon.

I'm not sure how my Daddy is doing. He may just be suffering with allergies which are draining his energy, but not sure. DS said that his stomach is getting bigger. He is saying things to me to prepare me for him not being here much longer so I'm thinking he is getting tired. I'm glad we are going to CHF tomorrow. I hope we get some answers then.

Carol Sue Thanks for the heads up on the Progresso lentil soup. I looked it up and most of them are 2 pts or 3 pts a cup. That is good to know. I might decide to have soup especially when the weather turns cold.

I think I'm going to have to work in more chicken and fish meals since they are 0 pts. DH doesn't like anything but codfish lately. However, I do think he will eat fresh catfish or frozen whiting which I can get at the local store. He likes tilapia, but I don't. WW seems to have a lot of recipes with tilapia so I may have to try some of them. Shrimp is 0 pts and I will have to learn to like some of the other fish that are 0 pts.

Weight was down to 212 today and FBS is 144. I will stop checking as often as I was. I'll start checking only the FBS from now on and I just trust the WW plan. I think I've been feeling like I have lately without energy because I am waiting too long between meals. I'm going to start having an apple or some other fruit or veggie in between meals to keep my energy up. I really like the plan and I'm sure I will like it even better as I learn it better and learn more about what I can and cannot eat to keep my points low.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-04-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #217  

Trish, I could have sworn that I replied to this so I guess I forgot to click on Post. LOL

I sure hope your Dad is OK, but you know you do have to be prepared for the day when he will no longer be here. I think it's best to just enjoy the time you have with him, now. Moving back to Tx was the right thing to do for both you and your Dad.

I used to love grilled Talapia, but ever since I heard some bad things about it I am afraid to eat it. I guess you never really know. I like to cook salmon, but not any other fish. I don't really know how to make it properly. I do like to order fish out, though. I like to eat canned salmon an tuna, too.

You are getting closer and closer to Onderland, Trish!! That will be great!! I think this new WW plan will be good for you. I am on the fence until I get an offer from them.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #218  

I think I did a little better with food yesterday, my FBG is better this morning. I slept good last night and my pain is minimal. I think I will weigh this morning and face the music.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #219  

Carol Sue That is great.

Going to take Daddy to CHF today. I called them yesterday and told them I'm not taking him upstairs for lab. They can do it there or have volunteer take him. They do an IV of Lasix so I don't know if that means hospital stay or they do it in the clinic. The clinic is part of the hospital same place.

This new plan is great. I'm having oatmeal, eggs, yogurt and banana for 2 pts and I got 2 pts rolled over from yesterday. Weight is still 212 and my FBS was 134 and I had to do it earlier. Surprise no bounce up. This works. I did do 21 minutes of 2 mile bike ride yesterday. I have 2 days of exercise behind me. I probably won't exercise today.

Have to get ready to go. Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #220  

Trish, I got on the scale and I'm at 202 on my normal scale, but 203 on my Tanita scale that also measures fat and water %. It's used...I got it at Goodwill. I will have to re read the instructions to be sure I'm doing it right. I want to use it for a while to see what my water % is since I think I might be having problems with dehydration. I will use my normal scale for my weight, since that's the doctor's scale and what I've been using for years now. DH puts weights on it once in a while to be sure it's on point.

I got my email from Weight Watchers. Their offer is just slightly less than the beginners offer on their website. I will have to decide. In the meantime, I think I could try doing it on my own. I think my SP are 30, and I have the list of zero points foods.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #221  

Carol Sue You are so close to being in onederland. It won't take you long with the way you are eating now. You FBS should get better too. My SP points were 30 and now they are 23. I think you probably do WW without joining. The only difference in the list I got on the website and the one I got from WW is that the WW list has everyone of the 0 pts foods list.

I did great today. I am eating only 2 meals and then 2 snack. I actually have 9 pts left over today. I eat a lot of 0 foods and just don't get hungry enough for more. I'm sure there are days that I will use more like the days I eat beef or pork, but when I eat fish white meat of chicken or turkey, it will difficult to eat all of the points.

I stayed up late tonight and did get hungry once, but it went I didn't want to eat after 11 pm and it passed pretty quickly.

Goodnight.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #222  

Trish, I keep bouncing in and out of Onederland, and that annoys me. I want to get in and stay. I want to LIVE there, not just visit occasionally. LOL One thing I notice, before, when I was actually in Onederland, I was getting hunger in the middle of the night that would go away in the AM. I am no longer getting that, so that's a sign to me that I am overeating. I think eating more veggies would help with that.

I do think I could do WW on my own, but I think I would like to try it online to make use of the tools available. I'm just waiting for the right time, and a good offer. I googled and found the last time the 2 months free for a 10 lb loss was offered, and also the $100 refund offer. It has been a few months, so I don't think they will offer that again for a while. I also read on the WW website that a lot of people had trouble getting credit for the offers but WW vowed to work with them to resolve it. I think these people did not follow through on the rules. So considering they had problem with those offers, they might not offer them again.

I'm glad to hear you are not trying to eat all your points when you are satisfied with less. I got into a discussion about that on another thread. Someone said that you could eat meals of mostly 0 point foods, but end up eating way too much by trying to use all your points. So people could be following the plan 100% and still not lose, or even gain. I think most people who have any past experience with weight loss know better than to think that way.

I wonder how Loserbug and Fatmad are doing. No posts from them for a while.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-06-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #223  

Carol Sue I've wondered about Loserbug and Fatmad too. I hope they are just being busy and all is going well for them.

I guess you could overeat on the vegetables and fruit, but I really don't think anyone ever gained weigh eat them. For one thing, as much as I like them, I am quite sure I could never eat enough of them to gain weight. Even if I over ate chicken and turkey white meat and fish, I personally could not eat enough without getting sick.

There are always those people who are going to find something wrong with things.

I think I could do WW on my own too, but I have to admit that it is much easier to use the tools on the website.

I had to estimate the taco salad I made today so I used all but 1 point. They will add it to my weekly points and I will have 38 saved for the weekly to be used. It's been a great day. I'm doing so much better than I have ever done on any diet plan. It is just so easy.

My weight was down to 211.6 this morning. My FBS was 141. Isn't that wonderful?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #224  

Trish, I don't think anyone would over eat on fruits and veggies, but I'm talking about if someone eats 3 meals of mostly 0 points foods, and with this new plan, that would be easy to do. That would leave them with their allowed points, and they COULD use them for sweets, ice cream, chips, and other unhealthy foods but still be following the plan. This is what I meant.

I googled and saw that a woman's body water % should be between 45-60. I checked mine yesterday and this morning so far and I am at 39-41, below what I should be, so I am dehydrated, as I suspected. I won't discuss my body fat % which is way too high!! But from what I've read, when you lose weight, your body fat goes down and body water goes up. I will try to drink more water in the next few days and see if it changes. I know dehydration is not good for you.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #225  

Carol Sue I knew you didn't think that way, I thought that woman you were talking about said you could overeat on eating just 0 pts foods. I thought she meant not eating any of her points and no points allowed. I may have misunderstood. I agree that you could use the points for those junk foods, but those foods have such high pts that I agree that would be unhealthy. However the points for those foods are so high that it wouldn't take long until they would all their points and while they might still lose weight, they would not be healthy.

BTW, if there is a place to calculate WW Smart Points on line, those points have not changed. The only points that have changed are the ones that have become 0 pts. Just a thought.

My weight is bouncing again, but this time I know I am within my points yesterday. I've learned since I started WWFS that my weight bounces up slightly just before I'm about to get a loss. It is a good sign instead of something to get upset over. My FBS was 126 this morning. Woohoo. Things are looking good.

A wonderful discussion with my Daddy this morning. He told me he wished he knew what to eat to lose weight. I shared with him the basics of WW FS. We talked about the things he likes to eat that he can cook and eat healthy and lose weight. I told him that he likes fish and chicken and vegetables and fruit and we figured out what and how he can eat it to lose weight and be healthy and keep his sodium low. I believe he will do it. I couldn't have told him before today, but when he asked me, that gave me the opportunity to guide him. I believe this way of eating has come not just for me, but for my family as well. I think my DS will finally get on it. She just has to get to the place to where she will. I feel like my being successful is going to be key to that. In fact, I think I will start having her and Daddy to come over here some days so I can cook breakfast for us and they will see how to eat. Guess that is my new mission in life right now.

I bought FF milk for me and DH told me to just start buying it for both of us. I am going to talk to him about us slowly switching to ground turkey. I've never been fond of it, but I think if we make it a slow transition, that we will be able to.

This is going to be a day when I won't be using all my points. I like the fact that they have changed the rule of you having to eat all your points. That fits me better.

Have a good day.
Closed Thread