Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue, I think I just need to concentrate on 30 minutes of exercise with the bike and then add doing more things around the house. I can honestly say that I really do feel good about 20 minutes into riding it.

I found a package of frozen mixed veggies when I went out to get the broccoli and fish sticks. Boy it was cold in the garage. Any way, I brought it in and put some of it in a pan along with some other veggies and added a small can of tomato juice and water and shaved a little beef bouillon into it and cooked it while I was cooking and eating lunch. I've turned it off to let it sit and meld the flavors together and I will eat it later when I get hungry to keep me warm. I surely do love soup when the weather is so cold. They are saying we might have a mixture of snow/rain later, however, in TX here where I live you learn as a child not to count on it. It usually snows when you didn't think it was going to and doesn't when they say it will. It is 29 degrees and raining so it will be messy driving. I hope people stay safe in that stuff tonight.

I'm watching the Panthers game right now. Looks like if they don't get with it they are going to lose this game. I watched the Cowboys win earlier. I don't think they have a chance to go any where now, but they won any way. DH watches but dozes off a lot.

Stay warm dear friend and I will see you here next year. LOL Happy New Years Eve.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:30 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Our Steelers won again today so they are definitely going to the play offs. We played the Cleveland Browns. The poor Cleveland fans....they have not won a game yet this year.

Trish, I usually use canned mixed vegetables when I made vegetable soup. They are Great Value brand from Walmart. I have tried different ones from stores around here and I find that they have the best ratio of veggies. Some have a lot of carrot, some have very little corn, and some have no lima beans, which are my favorite. The last time I made soup I didn't have any of the cans but I had a couple bags of frozen mixed veggies. Do you know, DH realized I had used something different and told me he liked the canned ones better. I can eat the frozen ones just cooked with butter and salt, but not the canned ones. The canned ones I only like in soup.

We had our pork and sauerkraut for dinner tonight. Years ago I used to cook it for us to eat at midnight. Eventually, DH told me he didn't want to be eating that so late, right before going to bed. I asked if he wanted it on New Years Day instead, but he wanted it for dinner, New Years Eve. So that's how we started this tradition. I didn't feel very hungry so I only ate a little bit. But later I remembered I had ice cream in the freezer. With outside temps in the teens, I was eating ice cream. LOL

I will eat some leftover pork and sauerkraut, for luck. My step-son made the sauerkraut home made and it's really good. Too good to throw out.

Happy New Year to All!!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-31-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:41 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Happy 2018
Old 01-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You too Trish.

Let's get a fresh start for 2018. Here's a link to the new thread.

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dia...ml#post5343546
Closed Thread