Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dorothy. Sounds like you have a good handle on your health, Setting a goal for 50 is a great idea. I guess I should do the same for 75!

Stuck to plan yesterday until evening when I found a stash of candies that I missed in my purge. They are now in the trash, minus a few. FBGL was fine today although weight is up just a smidge. We'll see where it is next Monday, my official weigh-in and ticker change day.

I'm having a bowl of pea soup for breakfast which should set me up for gym at 7:30.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Dorothy.

I told you that scale was going to be laughing at me. And it's raining to boot. Sheesh!

Everything seems to be good this morning, including some sweet peace and quiet. Just me and the dog, and the laundry. Hope the day picks up it's mood, or it may be some heavy hoofing in class later.

Madeline, how's your dad doing?

Everyone have a good day. Check in later.

Kathy
Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

How is everyone's evening going?

Had a great time at dance class, even had some newbies. She had some great album on from the Andrews Sisters and USO music. Was there a movie out that had that type of music in it? It was good. Blood sugar didn't drop so much today, 86mg/dl.

Actually got in 4 glasses of water today, probably because I was thirsty after class.

guess I'd better get to bed, I keep falling asleep

Kathy
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #49  
Come on Spring!

Dragging a bit this morning with just a hint of a cold. I'll pop some Cold FX and just get on with it. I have to go to the city for a 10 AM appointment with my periodontist and need to make a small shopping list for later.

BGL is up a wee bit this morning, probably from having ribs for dinner last night. Today will be more pure - just had a ww English muffin with Laughing Cow cheese. It was so good I almost don't want to clean my teeth.

Have a great day!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #50  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Everyone How is it going with everyone today I have not tested in 2 days been so busy. Did not workout today my knees are killing me. I put my food in spark people and I seen I only ate 800 calories today so I had a double cheese burger I dont want to wake up feeling bad and I will . I hope to get out side and workout out tomorrow I have to take something tonight for my knees. I had the hubby last night put in my souround sound out side I couldnt hear the tv in the garage it is so big But will get it tomorrow. Better run bed is calling me.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #51  
Come on Spring!

Well, I ended up having Chinese buffet yesterday after the periodontist - it was right beside the dog food store. Weight was up just one pound, not the usual three, this morning. Still fighting off a cold. I just have to get rid of it before I leave on holiday next Thursday! I did go to the gym this morning although I am feeling rather cruddy. I'm going to pamper myself a bit with clam chowder for lunch and an afternoon nap.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #52  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

We must have had 5 million inches of snow yesterday, so I won't be going anywhere today...the roads are very bad...it's heading east Ruth and Mad, I hope it doesn't get to you.

I'll probably do some baking today. I bought the Wheat Belly cookbook the other day and some of the recipes sound really good.

and maybe get on the treadmill

Have a great day all.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #53  
Come on Spring!

Weight bounced up again overnight! I guess the Chinese buffet is catching up although yesterday's carbs may have done it too. I just checked and I had four slices of bread and potato - over what I usually eat. I'll be more careful today. FBGL seems steady no matter what I've eaten.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Dropping by to say hello. A lot going on these days. DH got his 1st cortisone injection Monday and we have an appt with orthopedic next week. Still having pain so not sure how much it has helped as it is my understanding that it takes 2 or 3 of them before things get noticeably better so may have to have another one before we see any real improvement.

DD passed her state exam and is now a nurse. DGS evidently bought himself a car today as it was sitting in the drive when I got home from beauty salon. I guess the next thing is for them to move so everyone can go on with their lives. Don't have a date yet but I assume and hope by February we will be on our own again. I'm sure they are as ready as we are. I know I never liked being away from my hubby for any long periods of time.

I'm hanging in there. I'm spending time learning how I want to eat when they move so DH and I both can be healthier. Will be nice to have my exercise area back again. I am strictly an Intuitive Eater now. However, I've been in the process of learning what foods that I really do like. I've learned that I actually love fruit, veggies and some proteins. After doing lots of research on how to eat the way I like eating, I finally decieded to do my own modified version of paleo/primal. Since I don't understand the difference, I'm not sure which one I'm on. I always thought diabetics couldn't eat a lot of fruit, but I've learned that isn't true; at least not for me. Since I never was one for eating breakfast except for when dieting, I learned from 2 books that I read that I can eat a bowl of fruit for breakfast. I only eat fruit on an empty stomack. I like th e idea of combining foods such as eating veggies with protein or starchy carbs, but don't eat protein and starchy carbs together althought that isn't always possible for me. I'm also in the process of eating very little processed foods. This actually make healthy sense to me. The result is that I not only lost 2 lbs this week, but my fbs has been steadily coming back down at the same time. I am so thrilled to have both coming down at the same time. Weight loss will be slow, but it will be a healthy weight loss. As recommended in one of the books I read, I'm not going to set a goal weight at this time. I will just weigh once a week to see how things are going. The other nice thing is that I don't have to eat any thing unless I am hungry. I like that.

Although I haven't been checking in much, I seem to have become a lurker who reads everyday.

Have a nice weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #55  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends:
was away for a few days. I didn't overeat, but was off plan. so weight is back up. I don't know why, but am having a really off day. Feeling emotionally very fragile. I just have about 10 days of vacation left, and we had planned to go skiing at a nearby resort. With the rain and warm weather, this may not be possible. So it may be disappointment. All morning felt on the verge of tears. Went to yoga, then lunch with DD, was feeling a bit better, but am back to the low point again.
Have been eating on plan today. Lets hope the weight comes off again and I can get back on track physically and emotionally. Hope this is just a blip, its just a day after all.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #56  

Madeleine You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #57  

Finally found out tonight that I am eating a Modified form of Primal woe. It is Paleo that doesn't allow any dairy or fat especially saturated fats and even sweet potatoes. I finally have found a woe that I can live with.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #58  
Bonnie

Hey how is everyone doing for me I am doing ok . I have been eating good but not working out . I must get on that today I need to workout daily I have to go back to the Dr in the end of the week I must show some weight loss to him.

Other then that I have been doing good jest busy my knee had been hurting a few days their so I spent my time reading witch I do alot of. Well I guess I better be going the hubby let me sleep in this morning so a little behind.

Hello to everyone I am sorry I have to cut it short will be back later..
Old 01-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #59  
Bonnie

Dropping by to say that I did a hour with Richard Simmons and then 2 hours of walk it out on the wii. Feeling pretty good.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #60  

Thought I would share an interestig thing this morning that explains very well EVERYTHING we've experienced with guests this past 18 months.

We had our dedication celebration in our brand new church building this mornig. DGS and his Mother came in to sit in sanctuary with a cup of coffee each. DGS left and then returned and told his Mother... "We can't have these in here". She refused to give hers up, but DGS left and threw his away. I suddenly understood her way of thinkig... SHE HAS NO RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY OR THEIR RULES. Now I understand why the children have no respect for authority or other peoples property. They are only followig their Mother's AND Step-father's examples.

They hope to move within a few weeks and we all will be ready.

Have a great week.
Closed Thread