Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #61  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That DOES explain a lot, Patty.

Sort of in limbo today about my trip to Cuba. Donna's sister had a major heart attack last night and, until we get some news, my trip may be cancelled - unless I decide to go myself.

Food has been good but scale is still stuck. Extra fibre and water is going to be on the menu today!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #62  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Ruth I know what you are saying I have a few issues right now with our aunt over stuff like that too.

I woke this morning and My body is aching a little but other wise I am feeling good. Jest took my meds and Now waiting on time so I can eat have to wait at least 30 min or so. Doing pretty good here FBS was 111. I dont know why but I can never get it below 110 in the am . I have been keeping everything written down in a note book and I also log it on Spark people. I made their 5 ingrediant soup the other day and it was good only the next time I will have to spice it up some.

1 can of Beef or Chicken broth
1 can of fat free refried bean
1 can of low sodium black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of corn
jest put it in a pot and heat it up and done Serving size is like 1 cup

Very cheap to make too.

I have a few others I jest havnt tried them yet But I will here soon . Our weather is playing with us it is almost 80 here right now.
Have to run so I can get some things done will be back .
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #63  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

hey all: ski trip is cancelled for sure. DH and I are gonna do some daytripping, and see what the weekend/next week brings for snow. Weight of course is still up. Mood still a bit low, but not so fragile. Don't know why I was so tearful.
Will also spend some time thinking about managing exercise and diet in a better way. The holidays are messing me up too much!
anyhow, no whining. have a good day friends.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Unhappy

I'll take over the whining for a bit. Blood sugars are great, doing my water (up to 4 glasses most days) but that is all that is going right. Up 4 lbs since I started, despite being good. Not a happy camper, to say the least. Thought I'd check in today and see what was going on. Sorry about your trip, Madeleine. Guess I will start over again, but I need a good attitude adjustment: it's not really helping me at the moment! Have a good rest of the day, all.

Kathy
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, I'm so sorry we are all having weight issues etc. I am hoping when my house guests leave that things are going to be much better, easier and less stressful.

DSIL is flying in on the 26th and hopefully since he only will have 5 days off work, they will be out of here by the 28th. They are moving into a home that belongs to a son of the long time family friend of DSIL parents who performed DD & DSIL wedding. The house is for sale and must be continuously ready for real estate showing. They can live there for 6 weeks. Hum? Should be very interesting. Thank God that won't be my problem. It will be so nice to have my home back.

Ruthie So sorry about your trip.

Bonnie, Madeleine, Kathy and Everyone

Hope we all have a better day tomorrow.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-15-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #66  

Bonnie, the soup has most of the ingredients of my friend's Taco Soup that I dearly love. Hmmm, time to make some of that with our awful weather.

A better evening, with all things accomplished. It still amazes me how much my blood sugar drops after exercising, even with good snack on board. I did notice that I was over about 150 cal for the day.

We are waiting for the winter storm to hit, and I plan to stay off of my soapbox on the subject of winter weather here. I am hoping there is school in the morning. And I should get off in case the power goes out as it frequently does during these.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Kathy
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #67  
Come on Spring!

Weighed in at 190 this morning so I'm heading the right way.

Feeling much better as the Cuba trip is still on! Donna's sister is recovering and the other sisters insist Donna go on this trip. Whew! I didn't find out for sure until last night so today will be very busy. We are leaving very early tomorrow to drive to the Toronto Airport so I'll see you when I get back. It should be an interesting ten days. I'm not sure what the food will be but I'll avoid carbs and sugar as much as possible.

Hang in there ,Chickies
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #68  

Have a great time Ruth.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #69  

How was everyone's day? Things went well today so I can't complain too much (just my sore thighs from a new exercise I did yesterday, but they felt better after tap class today) I hope things look better on the scale in the morning. Today, I had what I guess was a decent drop in my blood sugar during dance class, made me nauseous, dizzy and gave me a headache. At first I thought I was having a bout of my vertigo, til I got home. That is getting really annoying, especially since I make a point to have a snack with protein an hour before I exercise. I could understand it if I was on some medication, but I am not. Time for a doctor visit--probably is anyway for blood work for my thyroid and Vit D that is still out of whack. I need a new meter too, I think. It is my first and only one I have ever had and I like it alot, but you can no longer get the driver to upload results to the computer. My DH likes his little one, I like my One Touch Ultra Smart. There are so many new meters out there, and most have upload capability now (I bought that meter because at the time, it was the only one with upload capability). Guess I'm looking for opinions on a new meter.

Well, it's late so everyone have a great night and morning.

Kathy
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #70  

Kathy Not sure if I ever welcomed you to our thread so let me say we are glad to have you here with us.

Bonnie I'll have to try your soup... sound great.

Ruthie Have a fun, safe and exciting trip.

I must share this about DD. Today we were playing with the baby and I told him "Come hug Nannie. You're going to move and I won't see get to see you". She was talking to the baby and said sadly "This didn't turn out like Mommy planned. I should have known it would be this way. But we must be thankful for Daddy". I think she did manipulate to get to move here, but she thought everyone would want to stay here. She never expected DSIL to do what he did and they would have to move back to FL. I can see that she really needs the degree she got to be a LP and in time she will be a RN as she is taking a online classes. I think she needs lots of prayer. I see lots of problems ahead, I just hope her marriage can survive it. It really helps to finally know this and I am so grateful that our relationship is good.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #71  
Come on Spring!

Quickie check-in. Suitcase is packed and meds in the original containers are in my purse. I'll be sure to take them and am going to keep an eye on the FBGL which is running fine right now. There is a fitness centre at the resort which I just might try. Not sure about the food and will probably stick to the buffet although there are four other a la cart restaurants included. See you all when I get back in a week plus two days. I'll wave as we fly over the USA.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Quickie check-in. Suitcase is packed and meds in the original containers are in my purse. I'll be sure to take them and am going to keep an eye on the FBGL which is running fine right now. There is a fitness centre at the resort which I just might try. Not sure about the food and will probably stick to the buffet although there are four other a la cart restaurants included. See you all when I get back in a week plus two days. I'll wave as we fly over the USA.
That's me waving back at ya as you fly over SC. lol
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #73  
Madeleine

Will be missing Ruth, hope she has perfect weather and a lot of fun.
My weight is still up, haven't been able to stay on plan, always some excuse.
Today's is that I had trouble sleeping last night. Finally, at 4 am, I had carbs, (a granola bar) and then slept a couple of hours. So far today am on plan. I hope to stay up until 830 pm or so, then sleep early and get back to normal sleep patterns. Lets home that works.
Have been walking daily, and I hope for more snow here, (no blizzards needed though) so I can x-country ski.
Trish: that must have been nice hearing that from DD, I suspect her DH is a bit of a problem, (all the firings and days sent home from work) and that she will be supporting the family a LOT. DOn't know how much he can contribute, given her has to support his other kids. Must be a stressful life.
Kathy: I used to have quite severe hypoglycemia at times, and do find the small frequent meals or the low carb eating are essential to preventing it. Many type 2 people had problems with hypos in the past, and may still have them even while we have the highs of type 2. (If I do a 3 hour post glucola blood sugar, its in my boots, even though the other levels are high and high-normals. )
Bonnie: keep trucking: and hope the diet planning goes ok inspite of auntie.

hello to everyone else: have a good Thursday
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #74  
Madeleine

Good morning friends: weight is back down below 180 today after a day on plan, and eating on plan so far today, although temptation is there.
younger DD coming for the day, planning for a trail walk with her.
Slept well and long last night, but still tired a bit, but will resist napping today so I can have a good sleep tonight, although caffeine intake later in the day seems to be the biggest culprit with insomnia for me.

SO happy Friday everyone, hope the weekend brings good things to you.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #75  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey all Doing good here will post on sunday the loss only a few pounds. Doctor put me on tenuate to keep the craving down but I think I need to come off it I have had a lot of Nausea and Queezy feeling a few hours after I take it.

Well I spent my morning here at the School raising Kane their . Their is a young man who has been taken a lighter and trying to burn my daughter and I find out only when she came in yesterday screaming her head off and crying . She said he has been taking a pencil and heating up the metal Piece by the top of the eraser and get it hot and throws it at her and then he take cologne and sprays it and is trying to light it up on a bus full of children. He has taken the lighter and come towards her with the flame in her face . They are pulling the video and seeing what is going on and they will let me know what is going on today.

Other then that I am jest busy doing the daily things it is cold again here and I have skipped a few workouts because of the nausea and stuff. I pretty much figured that I must do this myself and I need to keep loosing weight for my benefit I need this.I am the one who controls what goes in and I must keep a tight rope on it.

Hope all is well will get back later.
Closed Thread