Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

flyby for now. Going to meet a friend for lunch. Already have planned what I'm going to order according to calorie count on line. Will be able to eat, enjoy and stay within calorie count for today. Yipee!

BBL
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #122  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in. Did OK on Atkins induction yesterday and BGL stayed level. Weight is down a bit to 187.6 but no real whoosh although I'll take it!

Good lunch planning, Patty.

I'm off to do an audit for the Horticultural Society - kind of ironic when I'm in the middle of an accounting mess in my own organization!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #123  

Have a great day!!!
BBL
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #124  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Today's fbs was 4.9, and weight was down a pound, so true to ticker again.
I doubt I will stay there after today, crazy day with work and didn't eat right, including eating a muffin. (from Tim horton's, full of sugar!) because they were there! Grrr to myself. I have been hungry a lot, yesterday and today. Taking the effexor at night is good for the sleep but not for the appetite apparently.
I am not as sleepy during the day taking it at night.
Ruth: were you an accountant or bookkeeper before retirement? Your skills must be really valued by your organizations. Hope all goes well with this one.
And that the atkins keeps working, you went down a pound so it must be doing something!
Hello to everyone else, see you all tomorrow!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #125  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Omg so I jest ate some Ice Cream with Some M&M's in it kinda feelin down have been 1/2 on plan for two weeks now.

Jest found out that the Uncle we got to Georgia that we go visit has been diagnoised with Liver Cancer and has 6 months to live he also has two Blood clots one in his lungs and one in his leg. Then on top of that I get a call from the obgyn dr and she tells me my test came back with abnormalities and that I need to come in have a biopsey done. I guess when it rains it pours!!!

Well I hope that all is well with everyone and I hope to be back on track soon....
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #126  
Come on Spring!

Oh my, Bonnie, you certainly have a lot to deal with. I hope the biopsy is soon and gives you good news. Be kind to yourself.

Mad, I hope you have forgiven yourself the Timmy muffin. I can't go into that place at all! Nope, I was not in accounting when I retired but in computer systems - a manager at Revenue Canada. I just have an accountant type brain when it comes to managing money. Too bad I can't manage my weight as well.

Atkins seems to be working as I'm down another pound or so this morning. I actually enjoyed my big salad with shrimp last night. I do need to remember to drink lots of water though to avoid the big C.

Wishing us all a happy Hump Day.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #127  
Madeleine

wow, yes it IS wednesday. My weight didn't go up at all, so for now I am not too worried about that muffin. For those who don't know Tim hortons, its a donut shop, but so much more. These muffins are delicious, but also very large and calorie dense. I realized later that my blessed administrator had cut them in half to make the servings more reasonable, (her husband has diabetes and weight issues) so I actually only ate a 1/2, it was large enough to feel whole!
Today is a conference with food laid on, will see how I handle that, may go out for lunch! for all day breakfast. Do better with eggs.
This sleeping all night is great, could get used to it. I haven't even been waking up to pee lately, sleeping 7-8 hours. However this morning it is still almost dark at 730, which is not so great.
Also for those who wonder, revenue canada, where Ruth used to work, is the canadian IRS. No wonder she is so on top of things. And Ruth, I know what you mean, I am great with teaching nutrition, and know lots about weight loss, but that doesn't mean I am good at doing it! Can't seem to practice what I preach. THough I must say, my clients say it goes much easier to hear about weight struggles from someone who is actually struggling, than a thin woman!
love to all, see you later.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #128  
Bonnie

Ruth I go on November the 5th I hope it is good news and nothing bad too I am staying positive here as I have so much more to go threw right now . They are sending my uncle home today and they are setting him up with hospice. He is 87 so I know he has a struggle ahead of him.

I hope all is going well with everyone!!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #129  
Come on Spring!

Thanks for explaining Revenue Canada, Mad. AND I have finished the dratted tax return and it goes out in this afternoon's mail!!! Can you tell I'm doing a happy dance?

Bonnie, I'm glad your appointment is soon - a shorter time to fret. By the way, I think the majority of the biopsies show no problem but I'm sure you'll still worry.

Weight is dropping a tad each day so low carb may be the solution to this stall. I really find it hard to have bacon and eggs for breakfast though.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #130  
Madeleine

BOnnie: for most of us the biopsy is also the treatment. If your family is complete there is little to be concerned about. If not, the biopsy/treatments can put you at risk for premature labour, but better a healthy mother with options for that than otherwise.
By doing the biopsy, the doctor can usually get the precancerous cells and you are fine afterward. I hope it goes well, and its usually no more painful than a routine pap test, but you might have some bleeding afterward. Remember that whole idea of the pap test is to catch changing cells and prevent cancer, and that is the good care you are getting. I am sure you will do well, and getting the test soon will be good.
I am glad you uncle has a hospice to care for him and keep him comfortable.
I will be in Toronto for a couple of days, probably won't take the laptop unless I drive there. Am debating that, I hate to drive to/in the big city, but going up Thursday evening, the traffic into town won't be bad and there are fewer buses and trains going, and having the car there will allow me to leave when its good for me, not worrying about a bus or train schedule.
Well, must look for a hotel on-line
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #131  
Bonnie

More Depressing new myuncle has fund out that the cancer has spread to other organs now he may not have six months.
Then got a phone call one of the distant Aunts has been takin to the hospital she has phemonia and she was feeling better got up out of bed and fell and Broke her neck. She is in serious condition.

Well Better be going jest wanted to fill in before I forget...

Thanks for all the kind words I will have to talk to the dr . years ago I had a dr tell me I had a uncler on my cervix he did the freezing on my cervix it might be back ..
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #132  

Everyone.

(((Bonnie))) - Prayers coming your way.

Eating is better although not perfect. Weight is up a bit, but not surprised since I've eat out a lot lately so I'm sure I got lots of salt. Hope I'll do better today. Just taking it one day at a time.

Oldest DGD left for school and won't return until Saturday evening. DSIL flew to FL yesterday. His mother paid for him to go see his son down there. So tomorrow will be a special grandaughter/grandmother day with the youngest DGD. I will plan some special things with her.

Have a great day!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #133  
Come on Spring!

Back from Nurse Dracula who had no trouble getting a vein and 9 vials of blood. There have been some times when it was pretty awful bu she's either getting better or my veins are becoming more cooperative. Now for a low carb breakfast.

Bonnie, I feel so badly for your family troubles. Stay strong because I am sure you are needed.

Mad, hope you get a chance to check in during your stay in The Big Smoke and can be strong if faced with food temptations.

Patty, enjoy your special time with your DGD. I am envious and wish mine lived closer to me.

Big wave at Rie and Froggy. Hope to see you soon.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #134  

Bonnie - also scheduled for biopsy on the right breast on Halloween
I did okay today, had xanax from my dr and they raised my head.

The benefit from the day - on the scale and down 2 lbs. So total now is 16.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #135  
Madeleine

hello from the big smoke: I walked for about an hour after checking into the hotel. Ate reasonably today, including a small steak and a salad for supper. I am pretty happy with my eating today, and true to ticker for several days, keeping to the med schedule etc. Hope I don't get all stressed out about tomorrow and allow it to affect my sleep. Meditation, here I come.
Prayers for BOnnie and Froggy for their tests, and you too Ruth, glad nurse dracula did a good job for you today.
Closed Thread