Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ruthie I can understand about getting down on the knees to clean. Hope Disney recovers quickly.

Rie Hope you will feel better soon.

Mad Hope you are able to get some rest.

Bonnie I agree that bp isn't an easy way to lose weight. I've known people who had it and some kept the weight off because they followed the weight loss plan while others didn't stay with the plan and gained their weight back or never lost it to start with. I know 5 people who did it, 2 kept it off and 3 didn't. So I think learning to do it with diet should come first.

Well, I guess I can't drink so many Atkins shakes. I was sick all night... nauseous. However, I did some research yesterday on paleo/primal eating and I am moving into very low carb woe today. Still have a little upset stomach, but I am going to do this any way. I had a very good 2 egg veggie/bacon omlet this morning. However, I think I could have had just 1 egg. I plan to have beef and veggies for one meal and I have acquired a taste for shrimp and mixed veggies with Alfredo sauce. So that will be my meals today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #62  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I changed my ticker I have lost 33 pounds since I was diagnosed with being a diabetic. Although Right before I was diagnosed my weight was 307.5 and I went down to 301.5 when I was diagnosed . So I think I am gonna put that at my starting weight.

Well the girls Therapy today was stress full I am gonna watch Y&R and then spend some time with Richard I might even go for a walk it is sooooo Coool right now I would like to enjoy it for the moment.

I will get back to you all later. I hope all is doing well.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #63  

Here

With the weight going down (not willing to post it yet but will work up the courage eventually...) - I've been reducing the insulin at night (only time I take it) and the victoza. And feeling awful. I noticed 24 hours, when the next dose was due I was feeling better. So last night - no victoza and today about feeling normal.

Will call for followup appt. with dr to keep her up to date. Have reduced insulin 15 units and was at 74 this morning.

I think I've been afraid of this for a long time. I knew this might happen. Falling bs and feeling awful. Strange I know. Trying to battle the anxiety of this and take charge and be proactive.

Hope everyone is feeling strong and healthy.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #64  
Bonnie

ok so they went and got krispy kreme doughnuts and I had to have a few. I couldn't denie myself that I will be making up for that tomorrow . I wont let myself be dragged down. I am entitled to make some mistakes. But I will bounce back....
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #65  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another day of sinning - I'm with you Bonnie. I "forgot" my Victoza again yesterday and ended up eating four apple pastries late in the day. I actually bought them when I went to the store for milk late afternoon. This proves that the V. is still working to curb my binge inclinations. It had also been a bad day with having to wash the floors three times.

Today will be better. I'm up a pound and it's time to stop messing around. I've taken my meds and am planning to go to town for dog food very shortly so I can be there and back before the Chinese buffet is open.

At 73, you'd think I'd have developed some self-control!

Raising my coffee mug to an in control day for us all.

(I do like "don't" instead of "can't". Now to remember it!)
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,

Fbs at 86 this morning after a sleepless night. This cold is awful. I am going to stop messing around and stay home today. My plan is to take cold medicine and try to sleep the day away.

Sorry, just no energy. Have a good day.

Rie
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #67  

Ruthie - Those pesky temptations do get to us sometimes. I feel the same way you do. I thought I would have this all under control by this age. I still believe we can do this. We've had it under control before so that means we can do it again.

Rie - I hope you are feeling better soon.

Bonnie - Still envy you being able to exercise with Richard. Krispy Kreme isn’t my weakness. Now if you bring in nacho cheese and I’m a lossed. As someone said to me once “Life happens” now you just move on OP.

Well, I am 3 lbs from being with the ticker again. We are going to Charlotte and I have my plan as to what I’m going to eat if we go to the bbq place. Not sure if we go somewhere else. I am eating more low carb since I’ve give up wheat. I thought this morning while dressing about all the times I could eat crackers with a salad and show a weight gain the next day and how I always wondered why. If I have an allergy to wheat, then I have my answer.

Have a great day Everybody.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #68  

Chocolate... always amazed that anyone (Daughter) can eat half a
chocolate bar and then leave the other half for days...

I have worked my tastebuds up to 85% dark chocolate. I actually like it
and find anything less to be bland. Also find one square is satisfying - most of
the time

bs 76 this morning.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #69  
Bonnie

Trish that's what I am thinking too Life happens it wont be the first or the last. So I spent my morning with Richard and now I am ready to run the errands for the day . Hey on the bright side my pants aren't tight right now they are pretty comfty. I noticed when working out I feel a little defined in my shoulders hope that's a good thing. Will be back later to see how all is doing..

Rie this time of year I swear a million things are going around.

BTW October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I go for my mammogram tomorrow( My very First).
Old 10-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #70  
Come on Spring!

Good for you, Bonnie. Get the boob squish done with. You are wise to start now. I have many friends who left it too late - some of them are gone now.

Rie, I hope your "me" day knocked out the worst of that cold. Strangely, I have not had a cold for a couple of years despite visiting so many hospitals and nursing homes where germs abound.

Froggy, I love the doggy picture. Does he/she dress like that often or just for photo-ops?

Patty, congrats on being so close to ticker weight. I hope you enjoyed Charlotte. I've never been there except to the airport. It was my first visit to the South and I was most impressed by the rocking chairs and by the friendly people. I've yet to have BBQ.

Fatmad, we are waiting for the update on the doctor visit.

Not a good day yesterday foodwise again. Today I focus on getting a grip - a hard grip! Some things are just evil - like the popcorn I bought to make Halloween treats. Today is trash day so out goes the remains of the big bag.

Raising my coffee mug to a controlled weekend for us all.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #71  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI all: well I go MIA for a day or two and so many posts. If I miss a few, sorry about that!
Rie: I think when you are sick, you have to listen to your body and just take it easy if that feels right. SO don't overdo, even leave the pool session early if possible, rest will do more good usually. I encourage my admin and other midwives to stay home and rest when sick. They come back a day or two later, at full strength and don't spread it around. We don't have a lot of "office" illness that goes through all of us. We are around newborns a lot, and spreading viruses could be disastrous.
Ruth: I too sinned and had a piece of pie yesterday, as well as eating off plan generally. Hope disney is better soon. And why should you do better at 73 than any of us? Can't older women be as silly as everyone else?
Bonnie: its quite unfair of people to bring all sorts of treats home, and we can't resist. I prefer to plan my treats myself to make sure they are worth the calories and /or carbs I am taking, donuts wouldn't count for me, but pie would. Depends on your point of view.
Trish: The atkins bars and shakes are pretty sweet and don't get us off the sweets bandwagon, Jersey girl (on the atkins thread) reminds us they are for emergencies when you can't get appropriate food to stay low carb. That said, I will have a shake or bar for breakfast about 1-2 times a week which is a nice break. Also a reminder, to make sure you get enough fat, I find the carb cravings really take off if I don't eat enough fat.
Hey froggy, I too love the dark chocolate. That's a planned treat from time to time.

So: about me, had a very fragile day yesterday, and went straight for the carbs. I haven't had digestive issues with the metformin for a while, but with all the wheat in my system, all the metformin problems are back, enough said. WIll avoid wheat today for sure. fbs 4.7, but weight up a pound.
So the doctor and I are going to change one of my meds, not related to diabetes. I got quite depressed when oldest DD left home and went on zoloft. I have never gone off it. Every time I try, I find the menopausal mood swings just go wild, and I can't manage my temper, can't sleep, can't cope. Have been on the lowest dose possible for a couple of years, but gave up with going off of it. However, I am still having trouble sleeping, (gets worse without the zoloft) and lots of hotflashes, as goes with menopause. I don't want to take hormone replacement therapy. So we are switching me to effexor. Reputed to help with these menopause symptons. I will have to watch the weight issues, as the switch can make me gain or lose, both side effects are common enough that I will have to take care. I have a few more days before I start it, have to let the zoloft go out of my system.
It may seem weird, as I am not depressed or having problems, until I go off it.
Have a good friday friends. I am going to yoga for the first time in a while, and have a plan to meet a friend for lunch at a place that has atkins appropriate food. Plan tonight to spend some fun time with a family with kids where I can play games with the boys and get some quality kid time. Hubby away to close up the cottage, but he is leaving the internet hub and the dog behind. So I will be fine.
Have a good day all.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #72  

Good Morning Everyone,

Ruthie - Yes I did enjoy Charlotte although we usually go to go to Costco. DD goes to nursing school there and SIL works out of Charlotte. I will have to say that Charlotte, actually most of the Carolinas, are friendly people.

Bonnie - You are really doing good. You will have a bad day, snack or meal, but the key is to not let it become a down fall. I've done that. We have to not let it become one of those things that turns int "days" or "weeks" where we give up. We really can't be in "control" of everything around us so we must learn to do the best we can sometimes. If we slip, just consider it one of those "life happens" moments and move on OP. Wish I had learned that when I was a young woman.

Well, I had my plan for my meal at the bbq place and decided to try the corn. I've never had problem with it before and I'm really trying to learn what grains my body tolerates and which ones I don't. I had the pulled pork, cole slaw and corn. The lady forgot to ask me if I wanted the garlic bread or cornbread. I had planned to get the cornbread but she brought the garlic bread which is usually a real temptation for me. YEY!!! A REAL VICTORY!!! I sent it back and ate no bread at all. I was soooo proud of myself. Will I do that next time, I don't know but I hope so. The thing is I did it this time. And the scale didn't move either.

Rie - Hope you are feeling much better today.

Mad - Hope all is going good for you.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #73  
Come on Spring!

Madeline, sending you a great big HUG!

Be well. We need you here.

Patty, Bravo for resisting the garlic bread. :CB: I'd have caved.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #74  

Mad - Good to hear from you and I second what Ruthie said. You are really missed when you aren't here. So check in as often as you can and I pray you have an easier transition from the zoloft to the effexor than you expect.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #75  
Bonnie

Hey ladies so I changed my ticker the other day when I got back on track I weighed 274.5 and now I weigh 268.5 so I have lost 6 pounds this week. Went to wally world last night and found a new Richard Simmons DVD talked the hubby into buying it for me and I watched some of it last night and was all excited to do it so me and Richard will be having our standing appointment this morning very shortly . He makes me feel good and his workouts aren't boring and I like the fact he has people like me on his dvd's .

Well I better get busy have to get my workout in and get a shower and then get ready for the boob squishing . Check back later
Closed Thread