Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #106  

Flat on my back triggers anxiety. Then being pushed on and not having 'control' makes it worst.
Dr. decided to send me to a friend who can do the ultrasound in her office. I will ask to have my head raised *and* she is giving me some med. AND best of all it is *next* week so I have some grace period.

My lunch is some form of cabbage :-) In warm weather it is a salad and in cold weather it is a soup. I'm thinking of switching to soup today. I loves soups and they are a good way to fill me up. I will cut a lot of things with chicken broth - chili, gravy to make them more carb friendly and still get to eat stuff that I fix for DH and DD and the boys when they are home.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #107  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I hate not being able to work out cause I end up going off plan. Not gone off too bad but bad enough have spent all day getting ready for this party Thank goodness it is done and over with. Well back on track tomorrow . I hope all is going well with everyone.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #108  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all, ticker not moving, and have allowed myself to get off track with exercise after a late night of work Tuesday into Wednesday. No excuses today!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Have a brunch at IHop tomorrow and as much as I hate to do it, I may skip it. I tried looking up IHop menu but couldn't find anything so not sure what I would eat there. Besides I've been so very tired with the busy week of company. So I may just sleep in tomorrow. Will decide probably in the morning.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and a good weekend.

Bonnie Hope things are better today.

Hi Everybody!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #110  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Day did not start well as I had a very low FBGL for some reason - 2.8 is NOT acceptable. I ate a carby breakfast and then went back to sleep for an hour or so. Felt much better and went off to town around noon - with no lunch! Duh! Came home at 2 to an apple and cheddar cheese plus a glass of milk. We get too soon old and too late smart!
Dinner may be carby - meatloaf and acorn squash come to mind.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #111  
Madeleine

ruth, I think meatloaf and squash would be fine, I don't count my veggies as major carbs, I take the ww approach these days, and just count potatoes, corn and pea as carbs. I eat fruit and other veggies pretty freely. Speaking of which, still scale hasn't budged, I have been doing closer to ww this week, a bit higher carb, and its not going well. One reason was that things weren't moving much (tmi) but oddly the whole wheat didn't help. Will try some clear lax today, and go back to lower carb. Also have felt quite sleep every afternoon, not sure if it was diet or meds. Back to what works. I did get out for a walk yesterday, and will again this afternoon, will also work in the garden to clear things out and get ready for winter. I think snow will come for my birthday in November . ; )
Trish, couldn't you get all day breakfast at IHOP? (never been there so don't know) like egg and canadian bacon, skip the toast and hash browns? ask for fruit cup instead? most diners could do something like that?
anyway all, have a nice weekend.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Internet problems have kept me offline all week. I miss you guys when I can't get here. Fbs at 83 this morning I have been working out but my weight seems to be stuck. I will keep at it and hope for a whoosh. I learned this week that subway now has a "chopped salad". Any sub can be ordered as a salad. They put all your ingredients in a bowl, chop them up and you have a salad. It will be my new meal at pool nights.

Bonnie, like you, working out is the key to everything. I stay on plan with eating when I work out. It really curbs my appetite. Today I am going to a friends and we are doing a 3 mile walk. We have a 5k next week and I don't know if she is ready.

Ruth, those lows are pretty scary. I hope you get things under control.

Trish, I stick with plain eggs and breakfast meat at IHOP. It is really hard to resist things there. FYI, they put pancake mix in the omlets....

Mad, hoping we both get a whoosh!

Froggy, I hope the tests go better this week.

Gotta go.

Rie
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks for the suggestions. I did finally find info on line before I went and learned that the omlets had the pancake batter in it so I had decided not to eat one. I didn't decide until this morning to go to the breakfast meeting and was pleased to find that they had a Seniors meal called 2 x 2 x 2 meal so I had it... 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sl bacon and ate a little less than 1 of the pancakes and left the rest. I was surprised at how satisfied and happy with my meal that I was and that I didn't get hungry any more until much later... almost 5ish. I ate a sandwich and haven't eaten anything else. I would like to stop my eating around 5 or 6 each day and get away from snacks. That is my goal.

I've spent most of a month cutting out wheat which isn't easy to do and I'm not willing to make things from scratch to go wheat or gluten free. I never felt any different without it than I do with it. Having lots of stomach problems right now so can't go too low or too high carby right now. So I'm going more for balanced meals and I want to do away with snacks and will count calories to get this weight off. I hope this will not only help me reach goal, but that it will also help me learn portion control so I can be successful at maintenance when I get there. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get my head on straight with this, but I've just had a really bad attitude about it for so long. It's time to get it together again. I think it made me mad that I'm 69 yrs old and still having to fight this battle. I've been successful before only to screw up and have to do it again. This time, I'm going to do it and keep it off. It's just crazy not to.

Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Have a blessed Sunday.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #114  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday morning. Weight is still up and the crazy FBGL is high - for me. Not sure why but am glad I've scheduled bloodwork and a doc appointment this week.

It's been a stressful few weeks but I hope I'm over the hump. When doing taxes for the Mill, I discovered a major discrepancy in the system but do know how to correct it. This has been bugging me as I'm a bit OCD! Now to advise the auditor who is in the middle of an audit - I don't think he's spotted it.

Today should be a good day. I was invited out to dinner tonight but have not responded. I think I want a quiet evening at home instead. I must get back into the gym routine first thing tomorrow morning.

Time for a spinach, ground flax, strawberry and almond milk smoothie. (I'm actually starting to like them!)
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #115  
Madeleine

welcome back Rie: we missed you.
My weight is still stuck. My appetite is down and I know I am not eating as much as usual, but still not moving. I took some clearlax last evening, hasn't worked yet, and if things would get moving that way, maybe so will the weight. I think effexor may also have a bit of a constipating effect, I didn't really have much problem with the zoloft but we all respond a little differently to different meds. The sleep has been very good, nice deep sleep, waking refreshed, having dreams etc. Also helps that the weather is cooler, but no too cold to open the window a bit and have fresh cool air and a warm duvet to sleep with.

Plan for a trail walk today if work doesn't call, the weekend hasn't been as busy as I had hoped for! but did have a lovely baby girl last night with a family that has 3 boys, so they are tickled pink!

Trish: good for you for finding what works for you and really sticking with it. It is difficult at times, but you are finding your way. And finding a way to enjoy the company of friends so you don't feel left out because of your eating plan will really help you stick it out. Yes, giving up wheat is really hard, its everywhere and in everything. I couldn't believe it when you said they put pancake batter in the omelet.

Ruth: Good for you for spotting the problem, you must be a valuable volunteer with that eye for detail. I am not a detail person, but I so appreciate it in others.

Bonnie and Froggy and everyone else, a big hello, and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

It has been a good weekend full of activity and good eating. Perhaps a little more wine than absolutely needed. I have been active with exercise the last couple of days. This morning I walked a little more than 2 miles at a fast pace. I am doing the http://www.colormerad.com/ race on Saturday so I will spend my exercise this week getting ready. I am looking forward to it. I will be walking with several of my friends.

Mad, how nice to spend your professional life bringing such joy into people's lives. Bless you.

Ruth, like Mad, I admire anyone who could find that kind of error. I often joke that I went to social work school to avoid that kind of math. Of course, I am an administrator so I manage budgets.

Bonnie and Froggy. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Rie
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #117  

I figure there is no escaping math....
I was surprised to find, as a tutor, math is my favorite subject to teach - like solving a puzzle.

New appointment on Thursday with a woman who does the ultrasounds in her office and hopefully I can raise my head and I will have drugs - not thrilled about the drugs and still have not decided if I will take anything. HATE feeling altered.

But will get thru the week. I keep thinking what would I tell my kids to do and then I will DO IT!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #118  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Well I must say I have been off plan 1/2 way for about a week been so busy here this week I have had no time to do nothing. I swear I need to clone myself a few times and may be I can get some where here. Got lots to do this week so Hopefully I can get back on track I sure need it!!! Well Better be going to bed have a big week of lots to do here.....
Old 10-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #119  
Madeleine

hi all, weight the same, fbs 5.1 so not bad. Having a carb craving, and couldn't sleep after 5:30 or so, so am up early and decided to make old fashioned oatmeal, will at least avoid the wheat, cooking the oats in the milk so it will be higher protein as well. With some peaches canned in water will be a fine breakfast. Hope it will stick to my ribs. I have an early meeting at the hospital at 8. I set my alarm, which I don't usually do, and after getting up at 5 to use the washroom, couldn't get back to sleep. Anyone else do this? Unable to sleep for fear of the alarm waking you? Ridiculous, but there is it.
I walked the dog yesterday. Am off call this week for clinical work, so will be more regular with exercise and no excuses! Hot yoga this evening.
Rie: have a good week training for the race, hope the knees hold out!
Bonnie: don't get so busy you are not taking care of yourself, you are important too!
Froggy: I know about panic in certain positions, I find certain yoga postures (backbends) do it to me as well, I have trouble breathing too with it. I just avoid them, but its more difficult in your position. If you haven't been tested for sleep apnea, check with your doctor, this may be related.
Hello to Trish and Ruth and everyone else, hope your Monday is low stress and good eating!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #120  
Come on Spring!

Well, it's time to really get a grip! Weight was 189.2 this morning, up ten pounds since July 1. I think I am going to try modified low carb for a couple of days, keeping close check on my BGL. Did extra at the gym this morning but am very aware that weightloss is 20% exercise and the other 80% is diet.

Had scrambled eggs and bacon with no toast at the restaurant after gym - BGL was 6.0 this morning so I knew I was safe to do the gym before breakfast.

Now to work on stress relief by tackling the rest of the tax return for the Mill and getting it into the mail.
Closed Thread