Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Everybody,

Eating was off yesterday, but back on track today. I've decided that I have to plan ahead or I lose it. I also believe that Counting Calories & Carbs while doing CAD will help me stay on track as well. Carbs will mostly be veggies and dairy no grains at least for now.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #32  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Good luck Pattygirl63
you are doing good!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #33  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Ok ladies I Spent a hour with Richard this morning and I also spent a hour with the walk it out . Eating has been on plan
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #34  

Brother and I were born in Canada of American parents - we ended up with two Thanksgiving dinners....

Eldest is getting lots of advice from lots of people re the accident. He was working at the time and the truck that hit him was county owned. He's a smart kid (BS in Economics) so he'll figure it out. Money is one thing - I just want his health to be fine.

BS was 67 this morning and I had the usual abandon ship reaction from my body. Going to reduce another med the dr suggested and see if that helps.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #35  
Bonnie

Lunch down alot better today 2 cups of brussell sprouts, Jennie-o unseasoned turkey patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese and onions on a wheat sub roll since a whole loaf of wheat bread molded and I jest bought it a few days ago. But aunt insist the bread sits by the stove
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Quick post. Fbs at 74 this morning. I spent most of the day at a funeral. I did well with the luncheon although I allowed myself a tiny little bit of the root beer floats - they were made in honor of our friend who passed.

Wishing a happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. See you in the morning
Rie
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #37  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

the dinner was divine: just a quick fly by to say I did well today, yes I had several treats, but stayed within planned intake for a Thanksgiving dinner, and since veggies we the biggest part of the dinner, I did partake but not overdo.
Also send leftovers away for others to enjoy. Will be eating leftovers for the next few days, and having others over to enjoy the pie.
Have a great day for Sunday friends.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #38  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it's been a yo-yo time. Saw 188 again the other morning and am 186.4 today. The only good thing is that my FBGL is holding steady in the normal range.

Sort of down about this as the new clothes I bought in March are too snug to wear now that we are back into transition weather. Size 12 just doesn't cut it when I try to sit down.

Completely cutting out wine would help. (Hey, Mad, maybe it's a Canadian thing!) I also need to force myself to eat more salads - they just do not appeal to me in this cooler weather - not that I adored them before!

**Sigh**
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #39  
Bonnie

How are things going with everyone? For me here all is going well I been doing great with the food and working out too . feeling alot better I do think I am gonna have to go to the Dr though MY back is killing me I know it has to be from all the weight I carry on my Belly it hurts the most when I first lay down and when I get up or sit too long in a spot. This will be one thing I will give up.

Was in Walmart last night and a lady stopped to me comment on something I had in my buggy . It was a bag of Sliced onion and red and green bell peppers. I only pay 2.50 a bag . I usually use two a month she said she didn't know they made stuff like that and she would have to go get her some. I love to cook a slice of chicken and saute some of them in a little olive oil and place them on top of my chicken and then lay a slice of provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese . I call it smothered chicken.

well I must run I need to start the coffee....
Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all!

Fbs at 71 this morning. My eating and activity are pretty much on track and my weight isn't budging! Grrrrrr. This week I am going to really try to kick start. I am trying to prevent the start of a full-blown cold as I have the scratchy throat, mildly achy feeling. Lots of fluids and vitamin C on the menu today

Mad, I am so glad that you did well and enjoyed your Thanksgiving gathering. What are the traditional foods for the holiday?

Ruth, I just sent ds to the store for salad. I plan to go back to eating a small romaine salad before supper each night. It will cut my portions automatically. My dgs loves it too.

Trish, hope you are having a good weekend.

Bonnie, you sound wonderful. I am going to set my alarm at 530am this week so I can work out longer without worrying about the time and getting ready for work.... I am proud of you. Have you tried the sandwich thins? They make a good sandwich and also make a lovely, thin and crispy piece of toast. I have been eating a lot of them. I also find that they don't mold? I eat the flax and fiber type and they are sure good. 100cals and only 22 carbs for both pieces. I haven't seen those pepper/onion bags. This morning, I cut up onion, celery, and zuchini. I keep them in ziploc bags in the fridge. Instant veggies for cooking. When I am eating well, I find that I am prepared....

Froggy, hopefully your son is doing well.

Have a great Sunday, everyone! I am off to read, relax, watch football and try to kick this cold.

Rie
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #41  

Cut down the dose of victoza and it helped. Even with a high carb dinner I was at 89 at one a.m. but still had the all alert empty the body reaction. Also was checked out at minor care to see if I have a UT infection. nope.

Eldest is getting frustrated at being hurt. Also his work has no HR people and he's going to have to start doing all this stuff himself.

Last edited by froggydawgy; 10-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #42  
Bonnie

Rie Thats what I am eating right now I made a piece of chicken and added some lettuce for my lunch Now having to dash off and take my youngest to the dr.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #43  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

hey everyone:
our traditions have changed with new family members, my son-in-law's dad is Japanese, so we have sushi as an appetizer for the family gatherings, at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, and any other occasions we can think of. It was hoovered up pretty quickly yesterday when they arrived at 3 pm. Then I made a soup, Jamaican butternut squash soup, a little spicy, that went over very well. Had beans, beets, acorn squash, rosemary potatoes and carrots, turkey with stuffing, and some cheese biscuits my Dad's ladyfriend brought, and the reheated yorkshire puddings. These yorkshire puddings are the only thing not homemade, but they are better than anything I make, so I go with it.
For dessert, I made all the backing sugar free, apple pie and low carb apple crisp, and pumpkin pie. I don't eat the crust, so the pumpkin is also low carb.
Well, no I am hungry, time for food. !
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #44  
Bonnie

Daughter is back from Dr she has a bad sinus infection and the aunt is sick with bronchitis and the coughing is so bad she is peeing her pants. I went and bought her some of them poise pads to see if they would help with her problems.

Dinner went over well I made spaghetti and instead of me having noodles I made some roasted Zuchnni and jest put the sauce over it . Boy was it Wonderful . Tomorrow is roasted whole chickens and some red potatoes and carrots I don't think I will do but a few potatoes or may be none.I will have to see how I feel. Well Better run and check on the daughter. Oh by the way hubby went to Dr too found out the pain in his elbow he has tennis elbow they shot is elbow up with something and says if it don't help he has to have a cast on for 6 weeks. OK well going now for sure....
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Bonnie Hope every one gets better soon in your home. Good for you planning ahead and back on track.

Mad and Ruthing and any other Canadians here HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Today was a good OP day. Catch y'all tomorrow.
Closed Thread