Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

WooHoo Casandra!

Ugh-I am so tired of the rain, my fingers turned prune-y just looking out of the window. We just got an inch of rain in about 20 minutes. Time to build an Ark.

Going to work a little later today, so I thought I would check in with everyone. Hope you have a great day.

Kathy
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #197  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

HI all and good morning,,rainy here and overcast,,but everything sure is green and beautiful, soon it will al turn dead and brown so is nice to see the green. I go in for my a1c at the end of the month,,hope it is better than the last one was terrible,,now i am on the lantus and metformin ,,have been upping the metformin slowly because it was killing my stomach,,but is much better now,anyway my bs was 85 this a.m to low for me,well all have a great day Meowee must still be sick ,,best to her,,,later,,Jeanne
Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #198  

Morning everyone..sry i missed posting yesterday..i had an asthma attack in the middle of the nite and had to call the perimedics and went to er..im home now and doing better.. i had a cold after easter and as always my asthma flares after that..i was rattley and wheezy but the other nite i just could not breath..im feeling tired today but breathing better..scared my family agin on a brighter note its a goregeus day here today so im going to go out on the deck and enjoy the sun..hope u all have agood day too rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-14-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #199  

Cool

Hi, all. It's warm today. Just got back from the doctor. My A1c was 5.5! Whoohoo! However, my weight is going up so I have to do something about that. My sleep is so poor that I don't feel like exercising and eating right.
Rosey - so sorry about the asthma attack. I hope you feel better.
Jeanne - I can't tolerate the generic metformin so I import Glucophage from Canada. (My insurance won't pay for the brand name.) I hope your A1c is an improvement.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #200  

Hey Rosetta what agreat A1c wtg chickie rosey
Old 05-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 405 / 336 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am new here and was just diagnosed with diabetes less than a month ago. I'm still getting used to following the exchange meal plan that my doctor put me on although I guess it's working because my blood sugar is usually around 90-120 when I test it now and I've lost 16 lbs.

How often do you usually test your blood sugar? I've gotten into the habit of doing it several times each day. I have a doctor's appt coming up next weekend so I will follow up with him on what he thinks I should do, but I'm just wondering what's normal for everyone else.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #202  

Hi Mapleleaf im rosey and live in alaska,im a type 2 and have been for ions..i test only in the am as over the yrs my sl stay about the same,if im feeling off then i test to see where i am..follow what your dr tells you as although we are all diabetic we are all diff and what works for me might not for you and congrats on the wt loss it all helps..hope you come back and get to know us all here..we are fun and helpful bunch..ttfn rosey
Old 05-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #203  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great HA1C, Rosetta. Rosey, I know how scary attacks can be - used to have asthma. Peony, the rain WILL stop - eventually! Jeanne, I didn't know it ever turned dry and brown on the Wet Coast nut now I see you are in East WA.

Maple Leaf, and great work on the weightloss. I test just first thing in the a.m. and seldom test any other time except if I have a very low FBGL and want to see if it's gone back up after breakfast.

Today is a Baking Marathon Day as we have a sale at my Church tomorrow morning. I WILL BE STRONG and not have even a single chocolate chip as I know a little taste can head me toward Sugar Binge Town! A big glass of water while I bake is most helpful.

Have a healthy Friday.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #204  

Morning everyone..its raining this am,but we need it to make the flowers bloom..my sl was 169 this am the prednisone they have me on for the asthma said that could happen..i have to take it 4 more days..ruth a bake sale my favorite with a pot of coffee ..hope u all have agreat weekend and meowee we miss you hope u are getting better rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-15-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #205  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Nice day here at least. My FBGL was 75 today, I'm amaze. My baby has been sick and he has been home with me for the last three days...I think I just focus on him and if there's some room on myself, at least I've been behaving.

Ruth, enjoy your bake sale.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #206  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Basically, I'm still MIA . . .

The two weeks in Ontario where extremely hectic and stressful. I probably should not have gone -- but, we don't always get to make the 'best for us' choices when family matters intervene.

The trip certainly did nothing to ease my ongoing medical situation which was finally diagnosed as Pneumonia. Since returning, I've had two rounds of two different antibiotics and still no relief in sight. I'm getting weaker and more pain ridden as each day goes by. Afraid I don't spend much time sitting upright let alone on the computer.

Back to the doctor on Tuesday, the 19th and will see what he thinks he'll try next. Personally, I think this must be a viral rather than a bacterial pneumonia so there may not be much to do for it except wait it out and keep the

Amazingly enough, the BGL has been doing fairly well, all things considered.

Hope to check in again soon.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #207  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hope you feel better.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #208  
Come on Spring!

Quick post before I pack up my car with the bake sale stuff. I managed to bake all day and did not taste even one little bit! My BGL is great this a.m. and I even dropped another pound. The further I get from that darned 200 wall, the better I feel.

Now to survive the sale. Luckily I will be selling the plants and that is far from the bake table. My own stuff won't tempt me but i must stay far away from Kay Dean's famous butter tarts! Pray for me!

Happy Saturday.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #209  

Hi everyone..its a beautiful day here today..im going to a baby shower something fun..ruth no tarts for you im thinking good thoughts for u to resist ..hope u all have a fun weekend..meowee get better soon rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-16-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #210  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. No problem at all resisting the tarts! Today will be another good day. I hope it's one for all of you too.
Closed Thread