Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #181  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

hello ladies -

I have been MIA...still getting things set up in my new apartment...dealing with inability to find things when I need them...grrr. I hate not knowing where things are, despite all my efforts to avoid this, it always happens when I move.

My blood sugars have been high in the AM...I KNOW it's because I haven't exercised all week. For me I have discovered that is the missing link...I need to exercise at least once a day - sometimes twice in order to ensure those levels go down. It is so hard to get a good balance because one time I exercised, and my blood glucose went up!! Then I found out that if you do not do sustained exercise, then the workout will simply bring your bs up...you need to do it for at least 20 minutes...wow news to me....

The good news is, I am still losing weight....my TOM made me gain about 8 pounds, I lost it all back, so now I have been hovering between 288-291.

Anyways, keep up the good work ladies. Meowee, hope to see you around these parts again soon!

-Mel
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Moni, timing is always going to depend on doctor recommencations and what results you get. If that routine is keeping your numbers where you want them and you feel good, then that's it. Trial and error is the norm. One of my co-workers takes hers at 9am and 9pm. That is her work shift, so she takes it with her snack when she gets to work, and has it with her evening snack before she drives home. That's what finally worked for her.

Kathy
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #183  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Mother's Day, Chickies!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #184  

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms! Hope I was the only one who had to work today. The hospital never sleeps, but we had a fair day considering how it usually is.

I need to go see about that new girl on the "Counting Carbs" who is a new diabetic trying to go it alone on low carbs and Adkins. Saw her post earlier. She needs some help.

How's Meowee? Missing her and hope she is feeling better.

I am going to get some serious sleep tonight, hopefully. I have K - 3 in the computer lab in the morning. Everyone get a good night sleep and have a good Monday! Kathy
Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #185  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Thanks Ruth and Kathy

I was really BAD last night and now I'm paying the consequences My FBSL 117 eeekkk!

Tomorrow is my second nutrition class, I can't wait to get the appointment to see the Doctor. Other than the A1C levels, what other testing should I look into?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #186  
Come on Spring!

Good morning as we tackle another week.

I forgot my meds last night and was quite pleased to have a 6.2/111 reading this morning. I'm usually a tad lower but that was pretty good with no meds.

Ren, I don't think that's a high BGL. Non diabetics usually test around 6/108. Ask your diabetes educator what it should be for you. As to tests, your doctor will decide - probably cholesterol for sure.

Peony, I hope you can track down that chickie and get her to post in here. Atkins is good but does need some changes for diabetics. If she is a new member she won't be able to send or receive PMs except from MODs so holler if you want me to get her.

Meowee is still on sick leave but did log on once over the weekend. Maybe she'll be back soon.

Happy Monday!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #187  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

hi all hope you had a wonderful mothers day,,mine was great got to fish and out fished the guys,,bs was 140 this a.m,not to bad ,,because i wasn't very good with my eating so could have been worse,,,sorry to hear Meowee is sick hope she gets better soon,,,take care all,,jeanne
Old 05-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #188  

Morning everyone..another pretty day here..i had a wonderful mothers day,peach roses,new earrings and a bq steak dinner,cant beat that..my sl was 99 this am..but i have been having trouble retaining fluid..my little feets look like puffy feet..i took extra dieuritic this am so will be running to the btrm today..meowee sure hopr u feel better soon we miss you chickie have a great day everyone rosey
Old 05-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #189  

Ruth,
Her name was Claudia12, and she had posted on the Atkins forum, but I noticed it because it said "new diagnosis and having cravings" or the like. if you find her post, see what you think.

Check back in with you later after Dancing with the Stars, on this very crazy day!

kathy
Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #190  

Hi everyone.awfully quiet in here.. rosey
Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #191  

Ah, Rosie, it's a neurotic week, and I am just trying to go with the flow. I need to behave, though. I don't want to get too out of control just because I am not paying attention. I have been keeping my hands busy at rehearsals and other waiting times with the baby afghan I am crocheting--it makes it hard to snack!

It was a gorgeous day today, but tomorrow we are back to the rain for a few more days. I didn't think we had moved to Seattle or the tropics. We are already over the month's total for rain.

Have a good Wed. all, talk to you tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #192  
Come on Spring!

Yes, it was quiet in here. The move to the new server went well and was much faster than anticipated. The 3FC tickers are missing but will catch up shortly.

It's been a busy few days which is good since the FBGL has been just fine. I still don't know what happened in April when it was running high - it may have been stress from the knee pain. I go to get the HA1C done this afternoon and am hoping for good results i.e. lower or the same which was 6.5 in January.

Have a Happy Hump Day!

(Meowee is still fighting the Creeping Crud and went to see her doc again yesterday. I'll call her a bit later. )
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I hope Meowee feels better soon <3

I found out yesterday that I can finally fit into my skinny jeans again! (US size 12) I've finally really started taking my diabetes and weightloss seriously, I've been at the gym almost every spare minute! ^__^

My A1C was really good this time round, 5.3 I'm so excited and hope I can keep it up this time!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #194  
Come on Spring!

That's an impressive HA1C, Casandra! Keep up the good work. Unfortunately mine was up to 6.8 when it was tested today. I guess April did screw me up despite good readings lately. I need to follow your good example.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #195  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

That's excellent Casandra!!! I can't wait to have mine done, my appointment is on July 28

The exercise is helping me stay around the 90's...Unless I behave badly.
Closed Thread