3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles > Diabetes Support

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #151

Cool

Hi, all. I've been having issues with the site so don't post as much as I used to. My bgl has gone up a bit because I'm not eating right. Still, it was only 117 this a.m., which is good for me. I've developed some kind of wierd nerve pain. When I get up from sitting I feel needle sharp pricks in my left leg from the knee to ankle. It goes away right away, but it's worrying. Is this neuropathy? I hope not. Will run it by my doc when I see him next month.
Last week we had four days of 90 degree weather, then it turned cold again. I prefer the cold if we must have extremes, though.
Rosey - I dress in a "uniform" too. I've given up dresses because I wear granny orthopedic shoes and socks. For work I have black pants which I get from Making It Big and mock neck turtlenecks from Lane Bryant. On the weekends I wear jeans. I have a closet full of clothes that I've outgrown. Hope to get back in them someday.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #152
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

rosetta, that doesn't sounds like neuropathy. It definitely sounds like you pinched a nerve somewhere. the prickling you feel it little sharp electric impulses being sent by your nerves.

where do you ladies work that you need uniforms? I haven't had to wear a uniform for a long time. i may soon though - my school is closing down and i may not have a job after august sniff.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #153
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/177/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think by uniform" Rosetta meant something she usually wears. I am a slacks and t-shirt type too, jean pants on gardening days. That's what I have on today as I am going outside in a few minutes. Yesterday at 84ºF was just too darned hot to get anything done. I kept telling myself it was good exercise but was exhausted after lugging three big garden carts to the compost mountain at the back of my property.

Got the BBQ cranked up for the first time last night and did pork tenderloin and grilled veggies I'd marinated in diet Italian dressing. Yummy and I'm kicking myself that I didn't do more veggies to have today. I think Meowee got me converted to eating more veggies. I'm also going to try fish today - either salmon or tuna as I have both in the freezer.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #154

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!

At least today I went back to the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center for my third class, after the fourth one they give you the appointment with the Dr.

I'm happy about that, hope everyone is doing great.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #155
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Renacer Congrats on attending your class. I found them extremely helpful and still follow up with the educator twice a year .

Rosey Your comments about being self concious and responses really hit it for me. I am getting married in less than 6 weeks and although I don't think of myself as being particularily self concious I am scared to death of having everyone looking at me on my wedding day. I posted about it in the 100 pound club.

Moni Thanks for your kind comments. I seem to be making some positive changes as the result of my wake up call.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the spring weather

Denise
Healthy nutrition, exercise and stress reduction are my #1 priorities

Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #156
Come on Spring!

Did not get to the fish yesterday as I got home too late. I ended up with pasta and tomato/artichoke sauce - not a great choice but at least it was whole wheat. Had a run in with a gift of jellybeans last night but threw the rest out after the givers left. Why candy to a diabetic? I did indulge - orange jellybeans are fruit, right?

Anyhow, BGL was 3.2(57.6) this morning. Go figure!

Today will present a bit of a challenge with a late Easter Luncheon at the Day Away Programme. It'll definitely be ham but I'm hoping for a salad and some veggies. A lot of the clients are diabetic so I may luck out. Dinner tonight will definitely be salad and I may finally bite the bullet and cook fish. (Are you watching, Meowee? Maybe I should post her picture on the fridge.)

Lifting my water glass in a toast to an OP day!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #157

Morning everyone.. its a beautiful sunny day here and the snow is really melting my sl was 94 this am..inspite of a late night dinner(around 9 pm)of grilled pork chop,rice and vegies..yes ruth i think orange jelly beans are a fruit..my b-day is coming up next month and i bought myself the present that i wanted,a nano ipod..my grdd showed me hers when she spent the night last weekend and i luved it...ive been making a list of all my favorite tunes..who says an old grama has to act old Denise you will be beautiful on your wedding day,try and not let those feelings spoil your day i sure can relate to those feelings tho,but as ive gotton older i realize its more imp what i think than what i think others are thinking about me,which is probably nothing as they are busy on their own agenda..anyways enuff rattling have agreat op day everyone (((hugs))) rosey

I am enough!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #158

Cool

Hi, all. BGL 135 this a.m. Ate dinner with wine much later than usual last night. Feeling rather bloated, getting back into old habits. Went to an event last night with a favorite mystery writer who read a passage from her latest book about fat people and made comments about them that were very negative. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Will not buy any more of her books, I'll just wait until they show up in the library.
Ruth -- you're right, I was referring not to an actual uniform but the fact that I wear the same thing every day.
Rosey - enjoy your ipod. I have 500 vynl albums I'd like to download and maybe my 300 45s. Never happen. lol
Denise - Don't think about anything at your wedding but your intended and enjoy the day.
Well, we have office visitors so I have to get back to work.
Ladies - tonight I have a date with Robert Redford and I am so looking forward to it. Yes, in person. Okay, so there will be 500 other people there too. Be still my heart!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #159

DANG rosetta im so geen with being jealous..Robert Redford a favorite of mine..u go chickie..yummy..rosey

I am enough!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #160
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i went to the doc today because i have had really really heavy menstruel bleeding, as well as bad pains. as it turns out, metformin is doing its job by regulating my hormones. i am not on birth control. but man has it been a painful two days. i haven't worked out in two days. i also refuse to get on the scale because i am fluctuating sooo much. in the past three days i have gone up and down and the range has varied as much as 9 pounds!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #161

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Unhappy

I somehow did the dumbest thing and deleted all of the wrong mail Monday night, so I am wading around finding my posts etc.

How is everyone doing? Still the scale isn't budging, but I am exercising more. Guess I'll have to be patient.

Was looking forward to going back to Chicago, but may not get there. I had all my times mixed up and will miss the communion anyway, but 1 school in their area is already closed with a confirmed case of swine flu and the sister-school of my niece's is waiting for a confirmation and will probably be closed, meaning they will be too. My S-I-L thinks they will have to cancel communion as well. I think we will have to make a decision so we can cancel the hotel by 6pm today. I hate that for my family, but everyone needs to be safe. I will just call my son and check on him!

This is the 3rd day of rain, but we need it. Just wish to see the sun for a little bit to perk me up.

Rosey, we bought my mom an iPod last year for mother's day and she absloutely loves it. This year, she bought herself an iPhone, and has put some movies on it for when she goes to Tucson for a wedding. I think it's great--go for it!

Denise, you are already beautiful, and it will all go well

Renacer, good for you, and share if you would care to. There is always so much new to learn that I would be glad to hear what you have learned. You posted something I found interesting on another thread when I was rummaging around. Wish I could remember now where, because I had something I wanted to add/comment...

Have a great day all! Kathy
Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #162
Come on Spring!

Kathy, just click on your name to the left of your post and then on show posts and you'll find where you've been. Happens to me all the time.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #163

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Thanks Denise and Kathy!

My second class is May 12 and is Nutrition II, Nutrition I was totally about carbs and their impact in our glucose. As I understood once we take part II we should have a complete idea and I'll share with you all. I'm not an expert but I think it is really beneficial to us what we do here sharing experiences, I've learned a lot from all of you.

Oh Kathy, maybe the "potato" salad recipe that I posted? I'm too learinig my way around the site and sometimes get lost hehe.

Last edited by Renacer; 04-30-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #164
Come on Spring!

Happy May 1!!!

I was greeted by a gain this morning - serves me right for skipping the scale yesterday. I know it's water weight but is still discouraging. I'll let my ticker lie for a while. The good news is that the BGL was fine. I still can't figure out April's high readings - perhaps it was stress from knee pain - or lack of veggies as Meowee would say if she were here. (I think she'll be back next week.)

May is such a glorious month. I hope we can all focus on enjoying it rather than worrying about weight, BGL and Life "blips". I intend to!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #165
Come on Spring!

Is everyone sleeping in? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

My weight is still up there but the BGL is just fine - 4.1(73.8) this morning. This week I'll make an appointment for my HA1C test later in the month. It was 6.5 last time and I hope it's down a bit more.