Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default March Ups and Downs Depression Fighting Thread

Welcome!! we are a small but mighty group that supports each other in our struggles AND good times. Always welcoming everyone! Post as little or as much as you like.

here are our last posts from the end of February -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I haven't felt much like posting. I apologize.

I was in the hospital 23 hours on Wed night to Thursday night.

I explain later. I'm improving.
Lisa - oh no!! let us know how you are, when you feel up to it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Lisa I am SO sorry to read that you were in the hospital Wednesday night. I hope you are feeling much better

Coop thanks for the kind words. I appreaciate it! I hope you are doing well.

Holly i I hope the person who thought someone was stealing parts, will come to understand that your natural tendency is to try to help wherever possible. Even trying to think if ingenious ways to improve things. I hope they understand what a valuable asset you are.

if the cramping persists, i coukd give you the name of my naturopath. She diagnoses and treats with many decades of knowledge combined with muscle testing for condition and what woukd be the best treatment. Most insurance in VT covers naturopathic treatment. The only problem is that she's in Burlington. I have found her to be very accurate and helpful. meanwhile, loving the forecast of so many sunny days this coming week. Daylight savings time in one week!
Kathleen, I hope your medical situation is being sorted out in the most simple way possible.

I am doing horribly with food. It's not the quality of the food. But rather quantity. And there are WAY too many carbs. Chocolate and snack food are my increasingly problematic nemesis. Not sure how I am going to get back in control
Flower - I *think* I am getting some relief with the supplements. thank you for the info on the naturopath Yes Daylight Savings in a week! sure wish our Spring arrived at the same time. But it's getting closer I know you have the power to get your food cravings under control, you are strong!

it seems like I just got over my cold, well the final endless sniffles part, and BAM yesterday was sore throat, then super-scratchy throat, and now runny nose again I don't feel awful, but definitely another cold. Maybe it won't be a severe one!!

HI to every one else!

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-05-2019 at 08:39 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

almost forgot - Flower - this was so funny, a couple days after the 'suspected theft', I was trained to do a substation that was similar to another, and I spoke of it to a supervisor, I said "I'm glad that I know how to do the E-machine kits now" and the supervisor said, "there are only 2 people that Jake trusts to do those, you and Cierra" and I was dumbfounded!! and then wanted to at the contradictory feelings
Old 03-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Welcome!! we are a small but mighty group that supports each other in our struggles AND good times. Always welcoming everyone! Post as little or as much as you like.

here are our last posts from the end of February -

Lisa - oh no!! let us know how you are, when you feel
My breathing isn't totally 100% but it's a lot better.

I had fluid on both lungs and my heart was slightly enlarged, when they admitted me.

I go see Trudy on Friday for a follow up.

Thanks for understanding. It's hard for me to post. I'm a little down.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #4  

Flower, Holly, Coop and all you ladies!!

Just wanted to say hi. I don't like being rude. I never want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm at the laundry mat doing 1 load of laundry. I get my hair trimmed tomorrow and i am in great need of clean clothes.

I'm still feeling shaky but life goes on.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:14 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Flower, Holly, Coop and all you ladies!!

Just wanted to say hi. I don't like being rude. I never want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm at the laundry mat doing 1 load of laundry. I get my hair trimmed tomorrow and i am in great need of clean clothes.

I'm still feeling shaky but life goes on.
"rude"? Oh no. Not you. You are Never rude. Just please when you are up to it, let us know how you are doing. I am sorry you were in cardio pulmonary distress. That must have been horrible. Glad you are breathing better and are going to get medical support <3 I hope you continue to heal
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:20 AM   #6  

Holly thank you for starting the March page. I hear ya re: wishing spring came with daylight savings time. We have been having below average temps. Soon mud season. Then 3 weeks of spring. Then summer. it's okay. My favorite time of year is April and May. All the promise of what's to come.

I am not at all surprised to read that the supervisor said you are one of 2 people "jake" trusts to work on those machines. Glad they are seeing some your worth!

Last edited by flower123; 03-06-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - I concur with Flower, you are NEVER rude and we know that you are a part of us here whether we hear from you or not! we are concerned that you had to be in the hospital!!! Is today the day for a follow-up? hoping for good news!! our best to you Lisa

Flower - I love that phrase 'all the promise of what's to come', for our location, that would be May, our April is usually still very chilly, lots of winter remnant to be rid of, but YES with Hope in sight!!

Hi to Coop, Kathleen!

I had JUST gotten over a cold, maybe 2 weeks, and bam I've got another. Over - the - counter drugs are enabling me to be at work but ugh. At work I have to carry around my box of Puffs with Lotion tissues (because the ones at work are made of white sandpaper) and my sanitizer, because you really need to sanitize your hands after blowing your nose. And a little tube of Vaseline, it's like in a Chapstick form but I discreetly use it for my nose! Haven't had any coughing fits yet, those are the worst when you're at work.

Yay for Friday!!! Having weekends off is still a novelty for me that I love.

have a great day my friends!!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:41 AM   #8  

Lisa how are you doing? Any more news to report re doctors report? I hope you are doing much better. Sending gentle if that's okay

Holly sorry to read that you have a cold again. I take Isatis Gold. It works so well for me. Its a combination of anti viral herbs. I get mine from the naturopath. But I have ordered it online. https://www.amazon.com/Health-Concer.../dp/B000S94PUO Not cheap. But for me its invaluable. I like your description of what you use to keep your nose from hurting too much. Puffs with lotion. And Vaseline stick. I didnt know they make it in stick form. Hoping that by now you are feeling better. Yes, our spring comes sometime in May. I remember in the 1980s when we had earlier springs for a while. It was great. But now so different, colder winters and warmer summers. On Thursday they say the temp will be 59. This will be short lived. But no arctic front dipping down in the 10 day forecast. yay.

Hi to Kathleen and Coop

I have been dealing with intense anxiety. Its due to something that is going on. Something very frightening. I will explain. but not atm. Not my health. Living alone with almost no support from day to day has been difficult under these circumstances. Trying to keep my mind from going to the very worst place. Terrified would describe where I have been.Maybe the good news is that because of that, I am not wanting to eat quite as much.

Hoping you all have a great day

Last edited by flower123; 03-13-2019 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

flower - that is VERY worrisome to hear my friend!! tell us about it when you want...until then, from us to you

My cold is so much better, I will be over it soon. don't even need to carry my Puffs around anymore, yay. Thank you for the links for the supplement, flower!

I tripped and fell at work yesterday, I know the Safety Officer will ask 'could this have been prevented?' and of course, yes, if I was not trying to hurry because I felt I was going to be behind in my task!! I was carrying a 26 kg box (yes, that is over 50 pounds!) and tripped on *something* in a narrow passage, either a container that was kinda sticking out, or my own two feet anyway, I am SO lucky, hardly any bruising on my leg/knee or my forearm. And they have surveillance going all the time, everywhere, so I'm sure they can look at it and see me go splat

We are supposed to get some warmer temperatures, that will be good for our spirits but the snow is so deep still.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #10  

Holly
Thanks for the words of support. I appreciate it.
So glad you are recovering from the cold. yay
ykes. You were carrying such a heavy box. And the passageway was narrow. Maybe this was not just your own feet getting in the way. I am sorry you went splat and got even minimal bruises. Sometimes having rigid time frames can be physically dangerous in many different jobs. From assembly work to amazon.com drivers. Anyway, I am glad your injuries were not worse. Re the deep snow. That is something we have much less of in the Champ Valley. Yes there is snow cover. But I would guess much less deep than where you are.

Hoping everyone has a good, and physically safe day today <3

Last edited by flower123; 03-13-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #11  

Lisa I'm so sorry to see you've been so poorly! I am just catching up now. Please let us know you're ok now!

Flower I'm really sorry you've been suffering so much with anxiety, I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now! The cold winter doesn't help much, but maybe now spring is on its way, and you'll get out in the garden again soon

Holly how is you're cold now? I'm sorry to read about your fall, but hope the bruises are healing! My work goes daft if anything like that happens, your CCTV footage would probably be shown in our monthly H&S briefing so just be thankful for that!

I hope all the bad weather has passed for everyone!

Last edited by Coop27; 03-13-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #12  

Not a huge amount to report here. My weight loss has stalled recently, I still have a few Christmas lbs, and a bit more to go to reach my goal. I think I've been pushing myself a bit too much, I can feel myself getting run down.

I've been seeing a therapist for a chronic pain condition - it was a referral through my doctor, but I don't like her that much. She latches onto a random word you use, and over-analyses it. Like in my first paragraph, when I say I'm getting "run down" she would pick on the phrase, and ask me to explain why those words. It makes me very self-conscious about everything I say. I'm going to look for someone else my OH and I can maybe see together, because I think it will help to have him on my side.

I'm really looking forward to summer now! Our heating broke again, just as we got another nasty cold snap. It will be nice to not need heating again soon!

Last edited by Coop27; 03-13-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:31 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
flower - that is VERY worrisome to hear my friend!! tell us about it when you want...until then, from us to you

My cold is so much better, I will be over it soon. don't even need to carry my Puffs around anymore, yay. Thank you for the links for the supplement, flower!

I tripped and fell at work yesterday, I know the Safety Officer will ask 'could this have been prevented?' and of course, yes, if I was not trying to hurry because I felt I was going to be behind in my task!! I was carrying a 26 kg box (yes, that is over 50 pounds!) and tripped on *something* in a narrow passage, either a container that was kinda sticking out, or my own two feet anyway, I am SO lucky, hardly any bruising on my leg/knee or my forearm. And they have surveillance going all the time, everywhere, so I'm sure they can look at it and see me go splat

We are supposed to get some warmer temperatures, that will be good for our spirits but the snow is so deep still.
Holly, my friend, falls are no good. Hear me on this.

No more falls!!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 12:35 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Not a huge amount to report here. My weight loss has stalled recently, I still have a few Christmas lbs, and a bit more to go to reach my goal. I think I've been pushing myself a bit too much, I can feel myself getting run down.

I've been seeing a therapist for a chronic pain condition - it was a referral through my doctor, but I don't like her that much. She latches onto a random word you use, and over-analyses it. Like in my first paragraph, when I say I'm getting "run down" she would pick on the phrase, and ask me to explain why those words. It makes me very self-conscious about everything I say. I'm going to look for someone else my OH and I can maybe see together, because I think it will help to have him on my side.

I'm really looking forward to summer now! Our heating broke again, just as we got another nasty cold snap. It will be nice to not need heating again soon!
Coop,

Don't you find that certain Dr's give off bad vibes?

I am not going back to that dermatologist from last month. Just did not like him.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 AM   #15  

I'm off one of my meds. I've lost it here in the house and I can't find it. My insurance won't fill another bottle until the 24th.

I'm just taking it day by day.