Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:26 AM   #16  

Hi Lisa I am hoping your doctor can get more medication for you. Sometimes that may mean writing the prescription for a different dosage. So insurance will pay for it. Wishing you very best. I know this is a challenging time for you <3

Coop thats terrible that your pain therapist does that. You deserve someone who is not so overly analytical. I hope you find someone great very soon!
AND I hope the pain becomes more under control.

Holly and Kathleen
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:07 AM   #17  

Welcome Follena!

I got my med today. I'm starting back down at 75 mg for a week or so.

My original mg per day is 150 but I don't think I'm going back to it. Maybe 125? I didnt realize, until i went off it, thst 150 makes me a little zombie-like. It's hard to explain the difference.

I know i need the med but maybe a little bit lower.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:12 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Hi Lisa I am hoping your doctor can get more medication for you. Sometimes that may mean writing the prescription for a different dosage. So insurance will pay for it. Wishing you very best. I know this is a challenging time for you <3

Coop thats terrible that your pain therapist does that. You deserve someone who is not so overly analytical. I hope you find someone great very soon!
AND I hope the pain becomes more under control.

Holly and Kathleen
Flower,
The secretary wouldnt do that for me. Im not a happy camper.

I never bug the Dr, I never ask her for anything. So this one time when I need something....

I'm not happy.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:20 AM   #19  

Hi Follela, and welcome to the site

I'm very sorry you lost your mom - I know how hard it can be, we lost ours 4 years ago, and there's a great big void left behind now.

I think my sister has been a bit like you - trying to fill the void by growing relationships with others. It's a tough one - we'll never fill the void mum left behind, but it doesn't mean we don't love her. No one will argue with you like family does, or forgive you that way either.

I hope you'll be able to find some comfort in your faith, and growing the interests you and your mom shared.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:21 AM   #20  

Lisa I'm sorry you lost your medication, I'm glad it's been a blessing in disguise, and allowed you to realise your dose needs altered.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #21  

Thank-you flower - I guess it's just her style! She must be a big fan of Freudian slips. I just feel like pointing out to her that I'm not a thesaurus who knows 8 alternative words I could have used, but picked that one because I'm crying out to let her know I'm messed up inside

I hope you're feeling a bit better from your family gathering
Old 03-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #22  

I got dizzy Friday night and fell again. I've never been dizzy like that in my life. The world spun and spun. I tried so hard not to fall. I do remember falling against the wall before landing on my back.

I'm going to call a pulmonologist in the morning. It was suggested to me in the hospital and I think it's best.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I got dizzy Friday night and fell again. I've never been dizzy like that in my life. The world spun and spun. I tried so hard not to fall. I do remember falling against the wall before landing on my back.

I'm going to call a pulmonologist in the morning. It was suggested to me in the hospital and I think it's best.
Lisa I hope you did not do any harm to your back when you fell back on it. Will you let us know what the Pulminologist said when you called? you sure have been through a lot lately.

Last edited by flower123; Yesterday at 05:01 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Thank-you flower - I guess it's just her style! She must be a big fan of Freudian slips. I just feel like pointing out to her that I'm not a thesaurus who knows 8 alternative words I could have used, but picked that one because I'm crying out to let her know I'm messed up inside

I hope you're feeling a bit better from your family gathering
Coop Sigh I think sometimes therapist get locked into a pattern. and hopefully draw people who relate to that pattern. If she is even partially a Freudian analyst, that for me would be a problem. I hope you find another name of something who is able/willing to accommodate YOUR agenda rather than her or his own.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #25  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

hello friends!!

Lisa - oh that is too scary, hearing that you got that dizzy!!! yes we want to know right away what you find out and what can be done. Thinking of you this morning! and I will take heed of your words of No More Falls for any of us!!

Coop - we don't like that therapist either that she makes you feel so uncomfortable when trying to dig deep and explain things! I hope someone else is available whom seems to be a better match for you! and that is a darn shame about the heating pipe, yes won't it be nice when we don't have to have the heat on! My cold is just about gone, just the remnants that I have to blow my nose/clear my throat pretty often.

flower - how are you, we are all concerned about your brief words of what you are struggling with .... we are here for you my friend whenever you want to vent.

was there a new person, but they deleted their post?

We had SO much melting occur on Friday, it was great!! Still have lots and lots of deep snow but at least the 12 foot snowbanks along the driveway have shrunk to maybe 8 feet . Sunny today :sun: which is always nice.

Back to work in a few hours, the weekend goes by too fast! Didn't do much of anything, which is needed sometimes. Caught up on sleep, brushed EddieDog so much that he does look sleeker and even more handsome, put handfuls of fur in the garbage!

We were able to pay our property taxes with what we had in the bank, which is a major feat, considering how much less I'm making this year. Thankful for small things!!

Hoping our Miss Kathleen will pop in soon! and still missing PandaCupcake
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #26  

I'm glad you guys think the therapist is a bit dodgy too... Did I mention I have to go 8 weeks between appointments too? She's subsidised because I was referred to her through my doctor. If I see someone else, we have to pay full price. But I think it'll be worth it, if that someone else is more frequent and more understanding.

Holly I'm so glad the snow is starting to melt I can't imagine being stuck with 12ft snow mounds next to my drive! I hope you have some money left over after property taxes to treat yourself to something nice too