Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
I’m sorry you’ve received this news. I hope the doctors have good treatment options or something to make him more comfortable? I don’t know anything about this condition.
It's a brittle bone condition so bones affected are at a high likelihood of breakages. Spine seems like a bad place to have it! Not much he can do to replenish the calcium in the bones, so just have to work on the muscles to keep them strong.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:15 AM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Coop,
I have it in both knees. If you have insurance, physical therapy can help his back pain. They can work on strengthening the back muscles to further support his spine. They can give him shots too, I think, to help the pain.
Thanks Lisa, I think we'll have to go see someone privately - we'd only get a referral if he actually injured his back, and the waiting lists are huge! I'll look into injections as well.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:19 AM   #93  

Lisa, that was really kind of the charity to help you out! I really hope something will come along to ease your financial struggles - I worry about you living so close to the bread line all the time!

Last edited by Coop27; 04-21-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:38 AM   #94  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning friends! the sun is shining right now which is so nice!! still a frozen 28 degrees and piles of snow still around. It will melt SOMEDAY I hope!!

Coop that is hard news indeed very sorry to hear that, you're right, can't he catch a break?? best wishes on dealing with that.

Lisa that is wonderful that you received that help!!

PandaCupcake if you can schedule some time off for yourself, you absolutely should !

Finally, I got a response from my other new boss, the new chef at the summer job, I emailed him over a week ago and was getting all because he hadn't responded. Now I found out that he just got back into town. Still not a reason to not respond, email transcends miles but whatever. Anyway, meeting with him this afternoon to discuss the summer job. I have to remember I have 17 years seniority over him

It is so very slow at the current store job, it's hard to find things to do instead of just standing around, now I bet the new owners are realizing why the store is usually closed for 3 weeks at this time of year. i've been windexing all the store glass, it's sparkly clean at least.

have a good day!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-21-2018 at 07:39 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Lisa, that was really kind of the charity to help you out! I really hope something will come along to ease your financial struggles - I worry about you living so close to the bread line all the time!

Unless something unforseen happens, next month should be better, Coop.

I should be getting my entire soc sec check, with no money taken out.

I didn't think it would take me so long to start a new life here but perhaps, I just wasn't aware of what it takes to completely start over.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #96  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa hope so much that next month is alot better financially for you!!! and how did the applesauce turn out? love homemade stuff like that

it was here today!! and got all the way up to 49!!! that is the warmest so far this spring, and OH it felt great. After I got home from work I picked up a bunch of sticks, that's the beginning. I have to get a new rake before I start making some real process. We have an unpaved driveway, and we shovel about half the stones onto the lawn all winter and have to rake them out, then rake to just get all dead stuff away. But I will love doing it if its improving weather!!

Met the new chef this afternoon, he seems okay, my impression (which could be wrong!) is that he is not overly concerned about this job?? like maybe overconfident? I looked at his resume and yeah, he was a chef at the Ritz Carlton in Stockholm Sweden and other cities in the U.S. which is pretty hotshot!!! And maybe thinks this is a step down? but if you agree to a job, you gotta give it due diligence! we shall see. I won't let him bother me or get in my way

So I have only one more week to get through at the store, then a week off, then about 2 days at the store, THEN onto the summer job!!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #97  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hi Everyone,

I see it’s bright outside. I know it’s chilly but good to see the sun. I’m feeling tired. Missed my workouts which is terrible because I will be charged. I overslept and then when I woke up I was feeling so drained. I am debating pushing myself to take a brief walk down the street, just to go outdoors.

So far I’ve been doing some cleaning, and did a face mask, nails, and hair treatment at home.
I ate extra calories last night, nothing exciting- just ate again late because I was hungry. Today I am trying to keep to plan.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 04-22-2018 at 02:10 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa hope so much that next month is alot better financially for you!!! and how did the applesauce turn out? love homemade stuff like that

it was here today!! and got all the way up to 49!!! that is the warmest so far this spring, and OH it felt great. After I got home from work I picked up a bunch of sticks, that's the beginning. I have to get a new rake before I start making some real process. We have an unpaved driveway, and we shovel about half the stones onto the lawn all winter and have to rake them out, then rake to just get all dead stuff away. But I will love doing it if its improving weather!!

Met the new chef this afternoon, he seems okay, my impression (which could be wrong!) is that he is not overly concerned about this job?? like maybe overconfident? I looked at his resume and yeah, he was a chef at the Ritz Carlton in Stockholm Sweden and other cities in the U.S. which is pretty hotshot!!! And maybe thinks this is a step down? but if you agree to a job, you gotta give it due diligence! we shall see. I won't let him bother me or get in my way

So I have only one more week to get through at the store, then a week off, then about 2 days at the store, THEN onto the summer job!!!!
Holly,
Yay!!! First the summer job getting here. I'm so happy for you.

The applesauce turned out good, Holly but I couldn't get it smooth enough for my taste. I eat a couple spoonfuls and that's enough.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #99  

I'm looking at a car today but he's not here yet. It's supposed to open at 11 am but perhaps, he won't show. It is Sunday. It's a cute 2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback. It gets 40 mile per gallon. My Element is killing me on gas. I'll let you all know what happens.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #100  

I am the proud owner of a "new" car.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:53 AM   #101  

Coop27 Sorry your OH has osteoporosis. Hoping it can be stopped from progressing, by using RX medication. And that he can do PT to strengthen the muscles around the spine. I know there are some high tech cal mag supplements out there that have vital vitamins for bone health as well.

LisaLovesHearts I am SO glad to read that you found some good people to help you with gas for your car.
Good people deserve a running car... with gas. on your new(to you) car !!! Better gas mileage. That is VERY exciting !!!

PandaCupcake Sounds great that you are considering taking time off. I hope something special can be planned, even if it IS a staycation.

Holly warmer weather is here. Today in Burlington it was in the upper 50s, I think. I too was working a bit in the yard. clearing some yard debris from the garden. Lots more to do. But that's good!! They say it may get up to 70 degrees on Tuesday in Burlington. Glad you heard from your summer job boss. Good chef credentials. Hope he is easy to work with, once you get to know him. Sounds like you are a great worker. Good work ethics etc. And you care.

Hi to anyone I missed

Saturday morning I made a fatal weight loss mistake. I weighed myself. Weighed less than I thought. So I ate VERY fattening things Saturday and Sunday. Sigh. Will refrain from details. The scale can be my friend. But also my mortal enemy. I am not sure how I am going to get back on track.

The good news is that I seem to have recovered from the cold or whatever it was that I got. I think it was the addition of a homeopathic remedy that did the trick. I loved the warmth today. But I want to feel good in my warmer weather clothes. Tomorrow I am going to try my best to eat low carb and low calorie. I can do this!! I hope my resolve to get back down to Saturday morning's weight is stronger than the cravings. No more sugar or popchips... until I lose what I gained the past 2 days. I will do this.

Hope everyone has a good Monday, Pat

Last edited by flower123; 04-23-2018 at 02:59 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #102  

Hi ladies, I've got a busy morning her, with 3 appointments.

Here is my new car.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/hyundai/accent/2010/photos-exterior
Old 04-23-2018, 10:31 AM   #103  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

LisaLovesHearts: Congrats on the car!

Hello All,
The scale went up and I feel very disappointed.
I don’t feel like working at all. I’m tired and feel a slight headache and want to take a nap.
I want to take a 1/2 sick day and just attend my afternoon meetings, but it’s a sunny Monday and seems suspicious if I call out sick I think. It shouldn’t matter and I’m due for some time off amd I worked at least and extra two days last month, and I never take sick days, but I still feel guilty.

I’m drinking a coffee and maybe can drink extra water and make it through the day.
I will try to take a break at some point and step outside to see if it’s warm. It’s supposed to reach 60s. Finally.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 04-23-2018 at 10:32 AM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #104  

LisaLovesHearts. Congrats on your new car. It's beautiful. Black is my favorite color for cars.

.PandaCupcake I wish you could take some days off. Sounds like you deserve them! Sorry the scale went up today. Could it be "water weight"?

Scale was up a few lbs today. But the gain is understandable after Saturday and Sunday's food choices. So far today I did okay with food. Not as good as when I was dieting rigidly before I went to Boston. Hopefully good enough.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #105  

Hi all,

I got my left knee shot today so that is over for 6 months. I have a consultation with a surgeon. Don't have the date yet. It's just a talk to get his opinion.

I'm so fricking tired tonight. I'm heading to bed pronto.

I got weighed at the Dr today. I've lost the 5 lbs I gained in May. I'm down to 296 lbs again. I'm very happy.

I'll have to do personals another time. Im sooooo incredibly tired.

Night.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 04-23-2018 at 11:06 PM.