Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 AM   #46  

Hi all
been dealing with a bout of chronic strep. So not very good at communicating. I will make a good effort anyway

Cooop27 yes I do remember you from the short time i was here before. I mostly hung out on another thread. But times change, lol. Congrats on losing the weight. BUT I am sorry you cant have a can of tuna for lunch. I well remember those days myself. Pretty much starving to lose the weight. I am pretty much a maintainer now, which is a whole other job. Easier. But still walking on egg shells when I would like to be eating eggs

PandaCupcake people acting like that on phones is so rude and annoying. I just dont get how they think that's in any way okay. Great that you put away the scale. I lost weight recently by not weighing. I was too afraid to get on the scale. thought I had gained. I sort of dieted. But really just to maintain. Was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale. I think the best way for many people is just to see how pants fit. My scale can be really rude

LisaLovesHearts I hope your ortho apt goes well. Hope you like the doc. Still surprised that you got bad tasting whey protein. I purposefully tasted my powder just plain. It didnt taste like much to me. I wonder if you could go onto a health food store or Vitamin shoppe and ask them if they have whey protein powder that does not have a bad taste. I would call the company and tell them that their whey powder tastes so unpleasant that you cannot use it. Maybe they will refund?

MiniDoodles sounds like you have a busy life. Thats great..... I think. What kind of dogs do you have?

Holly sorry your boss ignored your call. If he was busy I could understand it. But to not get back to you in a reasonable amount of time, that would make me feel.... ignored. Sounds like you really like your summer job. I guess its kinda hard to trade a summer job that you like for a full time job that causes you to feel terrible. Guess you will figure out if the extra money is worth it. I can see where its a tough one.

Today I went to the naturopath. The chronic strep is back. Before I have to go see my relatives I ALWAYS get sick with strep. its my thing. I always have to be taking natural stuff to keep it mostly at bay. Its in my sinuses. Chronically. Before it was just in my chest and throat. That was easy to treat. Anyway, I have a prescription antibiotic that last time made me so sick that I could not eat for a long time. Just had clear broth and chammomile tea for a week or 10 days. The pain was intense. Then it took around 4 weeks for me to really recover from the effects of the antibiotic. Now I am back on the antibiotic. Hopefully I have more ammunition to keep me from developing the horrible side effects. Taking a lot of probiotics. Taking something for the liver. Hoping those 2 things make a difference. I will take it for 2 days less this time. Which is actually okay.

Meanwhile thanks to trader Joe's not getting in their 100% cheese baked crisps, I am going to probably meet my weight loss goal. Calories were low today without the cheese crisps. Hopefully tomorrow I will eat as little as today. Then I go to visit the relatives. Both the doctor and my friend said that the whole thing is stress related. Does 3fc have an anxiety and weight issues thread no, I am happy with this depression one. I like the people here.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday. Pat
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:02 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
PT is making my legs and back stronger. We are incorporating more and more exercises. I had my heart rate up to 127 on the treadmill, only in 9 minutes tho.

I hate gyms, with a passion but he's got me doing so many exercises I'm going to have to join a gym when this is all over. So much of this stuff can't be done at home.
Definitely ask for some exercises you can do at home! Even if it's just a few yoga-type stretches - a 5 minute routine to do every day.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post

Cooop27 yes I do remember you from the short time i was here before. I mostly hung out on another thread. But times change, lol. Congrats on losing the weight. BUT I am sorry you cant have a can of tuna for lunch. I well remember those days myself. Pretty much starving to lose the weight. I am pretty much a maintainer now, which is a whole other job. Easier. But still walking on egg shells when I would like to be eating eggs

My only thing is, I still only ate the half can of tuna when I was putting the weight on! Some people can be eating machines though, as long as we don't try to keep up we'll be ok!

I hope your strep clears up quickly - it does sound like it might be brought on by stress if it happens every time you visit your family. I'm glad your naturopath is helping you to minimise the antibiotic side effects. Have things like onion and slightly green bananas to feed the probiotics too!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #49  

Quote:
LisaLovesHearts I hope your ortho apt goes well. Hope you like the doc. Still surprised that you got bad tasting whey protein. I purposefully tasted my powder just plain. It didnt taste like much to me. I wonder if you could go onto a health food store or Vitamin shoppe and ask them if they have whey protein powder that does not have a bad taste. I would call the company and tell them that their whey powder tastes so unpleasant that you cannot use it. Maybe they will refund?
Flower,

It's mostly the smell. It's so bad, it takes away from the taste. I'll try a health foods store next month.

Ladies,

Ortho went good. He took some water off my right knee, not a lot but some, and then injected a gel solution called Monovisc.

http://www.monovisc.ca

https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/monovisc

I go back in 2 weeks for right knee re-evaluation.
If I've shown improvement, then they'll do my left knee.

It hurt.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 04-12-2018 at 10:51 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #50  

Minidoodles,

I hope you are well.

Holly, Kathleen, Monica and everyone I've forgotten, I hope you all are well. Post when you can.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Definitely ask for some exercises you can do at home! Even if it's just a few yoga-type stretches - a 5 minute routine to do every day.
I have some already, Coop.

My 51 yr old body needs upkeep, I can see that now. I can't get away with not keeping it in shape anymore. My quality of life has sucked for so many wasted years.

PT is just the beginning.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #52  

Hi all

On the iPad. So I probably will not make names bold.

Coop I too used to have a horrible time losing weight until I found a Chinese herb combination that helps with cortisol production. I knew instinctively that I had a problem with cortisol production. So I tried it. It's a miracle in a bottle. As soon as I stop taking it, poof. I could eat nothing and I would not lose. It can be bought online or in health food stores. My chronic strep is always lurking in my body. I take a lot of naturopathic stuff to keep it from fllairing up. Some months I am successful. Other times, not so much

Lisaloveshearts, great that the ortho apt went well. Hoping the Monovisc works well. Love that motivation to get your body physically in tune, in shape, working and feeling better. I am 66 and my body has seen better days, lol. Love your new resolve for health.

Hi to everyone else

Spent all night packing and talking on the phone. Cancelled the trip today when I was told that after the 5 hour bus ride I should take a taxi from south station in Boston to a resturaunt in a different city, where my "family" will be eating dinner. My nephew offered to pick me up. But my mother wanted the family to be together at the resturaunt. I was expected to show up with my suitcase at the restaurant. Maybe after they had begun eating? Last time my mother had them all get together she purposefully excluded me. The entire family. 3 even flew in from the west coast. Anyway, this time it was my brother who invited people. So I was included.

I am terrible at navigating and wouod surely get lost in south station. So I cancelled. Then someone, of course not family offered to pick me up at south station. So the trip is on again. Hoping they wait for me to eat. But idk.

Weight will probably be down. I have not been hungry because of the antibiotics. Ate around 700 calories with pretty much no carbs Wednesday and same on Thursday. That's so unlike me. My desire for food was gone. Hoping that will change After I am done with the antibiotics on Friday night

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Last edited by flower123; 04-13-2018 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:00 AM   #53  

Flower,

How did the family thing go? I hope it went ok for you.

I'm coloring my hair this evening and watching the movie "Predator."

Didn't do much today, mostly read a book. Pretty quiet here.
Beautiful weather. 9 pm and it's still in the lower 60s.

I'll be glad to get this hair color done. I dread it, I usually get it all over me when I'm rinsing it out but it always looks better when I'm done.

I have not journaled in a while. Just don't feel like it.

I have kinda a busy week, next week. 2 PT appointments and 1 therapy appointment.

Well I've blabbed on long enough. I hope you all are well. Post when you can.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #54  

Everyone must be out enjoying the weather. It's beautiful here.

I want to finish my book, take a little nap and then take Elvira out somewhere. It's 62 degrees out. Maybe down to the river, we'll see.

My book was is really good. "The girl with the dragon tattoo." I finally got down to reading it.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hi everyone. I made it to my sat and sun fitness classes, and am better with my meal plans. I am drinking water, and espresso or tea- no diet soda.

I have some office work to do later tonight but just got home and I’m relaxing.

This week I hope work doesn’t interfere with my scheduled fitness classes- I really have only made it on the weekends. I’m not expecting work to be as crazy so I’m going to try my hardest to not have some other excuse to cancel.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 04-15-2018 at 08:17 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #56  

Hi all
Returning home Monday, if the bus is running. Looks like there will be a lot of ice.

The "family" thing was mixed. Some of the time it felt like I was part of a (unwarm) family. Other times it felt like I was parade from them. The food was exhausting. A gourmand experience from beginning to end. I am so uncomfortable from all the brunch, lunch and dinners. All in resturaunts. I bet I gained back every bit of weight lost. Need a food rest.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:18 AM   #57  

Flower,

Family can suck. I am not close with any of my siblings. Not at all.

I understand about gaining weight at family stuff but just remember, it's only temporary. You'll get home and get back to your routine.

Pancake,

It feels good to do something healthy for your self, doesn't it? Get yourself healthy and strong. I feel that way with PT. I still can't walk very fair but my legs are stronger. I have so far to go in my journey but I feel very positive I can get there.

My Jennifer went to Wisconsin to see a concert and got stuck there.
She lost her key to the airbnb where she was staying. Went to a hotel and got her car stuck. The tow truck came to help her and got stuck.
Today, they finally got her out and she drove to Indianapolis and stayed with her cousin mary. Tomorrow with God's help, she'll be back in Ohio.
All in all, it's a 7 hour drive from Milwaukee Wisconsin to Ohio. I'll be so glad when she's home.
PS. She hates Wisconsin now.

It's raining here. Nasty out, cold and wet. bleh

Sleep good tonight. Sweet dreams.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #58  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hello! lots to catch up on I see but I can't right now. but I will

We are white again with snow and thick coating of ice over that. Then some sleet and freezing rain. then ice pellets It looks and feels like deep winter again
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Lisa, that was a rough day for your Jennifer!

A lot of people here have today off but my company doesn’t give us this holiday.

The weather here is pretty miserable. Rain, cold, and wind. No snow at least. I walked across the marathon finish line yesterday while I was out and about and today I’m watching it on the marathon race on tv.

I kind of want to step out to visit a cafe down the street just to get out of my apartment today. I think I may eventually but right now the rain sounds so terrible and also this shop is small; if I go and all the seats are taken I will be disappointed.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 04-16-2018 at 02:56 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #60  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone! Wow! Lots of action here! That is awesome!

Thank you for all of your support and good advice about my daughter going off to college! She cannot decide whether or not to live on campus or commute. She keeps going back and forth. I just try to listen and not push one way or the other. I want it to be HER decision. We just found out that she has until early to mid June to decide for sure. They have some housing options for her, and we can most likely see them once the students are out of them for the summer. I think that will help with her decision.

I have been a LITTLE better with exercise, but it is still VERY sporadic and not at all where I want it to be. I will NOT give up on myself, though! I CAN do this!!! I mentioned a little while ago that I hurt my hip during a fall about 2 and a half years ago and it flares up at times... sometimes worse than others. It has been really bad lately, which is not helping exercise matters. It was originally my right hip, but now it has moved into my upper right thigh area. It often hurts like **** just when I walk. Thankfully, I am seeing a new primary care doc this Thursday morning. I will be embarrassed to tell him how long I have battled this hip/upper thigh injury, but I HAVE to get help for it. I hope he will take an x-ray and we will go from there. I expect him to advise physical therapy. I really do not want to commit to more appointments on my already full calendar, but I am afraid I will have to if I ever want this hip/upper thigh to heal. It has been bothering me for WAY TOO LONG!!!

I am back to getting my eating under control, but I have avoided the scale because my jeans are fitting just a bit more snug lately. I think I've only gone up a few pounds, but I don't want to see the evidence!

Holly: I was so hopeful when I saw that you finally have new owners at your "winter" job, but I am so sorry that it isn't going that well so far. Leaving you in the middle of a conversation to talk on the phone without an explanation or an "excuse me" and not coming back to the conversation afterward is downright rude! I hope things improve SOON!!! I can't imagine you leaving the summer job that you love, but please keep us updated on your decision.

Lisa: So happy to hear that PT is helping! I hope the shots will help your knees. Sorry they are painful. Hope it will be worth it in the long run. When did you turn 51? I beat you there this past December! Yep, our bodies don't work the way they used to, do they? Everything is much harder physically... unfortunately. I am really feeling my age, too. That is why I really need to get a consistent exercise pattern going. I have done a little better recently, but there is tons of room for improvement and NO good excuses!!! I do think we can "turn back time" a little bit with exercise and good nutrition.

PandaCupcake: Good for you for NOT weighing yourself... at least for that one day!!! Have you managed to stay off the scale some more? I often do hear people say that a better gauge is the way your clothes feel on your body. Not that you can NEVER weigh yourself, but I do think weighing every day can drive you bonkers! As Lisa mentioned, our weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds from day to day due to water retention, that time of month, etc. Sounds like you have a good routine of workouts already established and lots of good ideas in mind, too, for the future. That's great!

Coop: So happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Spain! And good for you for already losing the weight you gained while there! Did I read correctly awhile ago that you have lost 35 pounds on your new diet and nutrition plan? I think that was you. If so, that is AWESOME!!!

flower123: A belated to the group! That might sound odd coming from me, because I am such a sporadic poster, but I am one of the "originals" in the group. It has been wonderful to see you posting a lot and supporting the others in the group. I hope you feel supported in return. I am so relieved for you that your visit with your family is over! My gosh, that sounded stressful!!! Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss from awhile ago... and maintaining!!! That is quite an accomplishment!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!!

Monica: Hello! Have your remodeling projects started yet? Please let us know how things are going when you get a chance.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote