Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Hi everyone,

I’m so happy to read everyone’s posts. This is such a comforting group.

So I haven’t been doing very well with my weight loss lately. I am really going to try to avoid the scale for awhile. And although I’ve been writing down all my meals and calories, I have been going over my plan every day so of course I am gaining.

Today I was thinking- what the heck is wrong with me? I’m no longer going out with friends or dates and I have no client dinners or office lunches etc etc so I can eat whatever I want. I live by myself, I buy my own groceries - there’s no excuse really for my bad eating habits.

Tomorrow I’m really going to focus as a “re start” and I am not going on the scale.
Pancake, :;

I haven't been doing great either. I was dumb and brought home donuts yesterday.

Today was better.

I am putting off getting more groceries. I'll try to get to Wal Mart soon. They seem to be cheaper than Win Co.

I worked in my craft room today. I was going to start a page but wound up organizing pictures instead.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:37 AM   #32  

Good morning.

MiniDoodles good to meet you. I too am probably an emotional eater. Its not easy to deny oneself the foods we want. So I do understand. All too well, lol.

Lisaloveshearts I have never cooked with whey powder. I use mine in the blender with org. lemon juice, stevia, a small amount of tart cherry concentrate, ice cubes and water. I don't think it has a bad taste. Maybe its because of the brand I buy. Its a private label brand for the health food store. Sometimes stores sell one serving packets of protein powder. That way there isn't a big investment.

PandaCupcake I live alone and don't ever go out to restaurants. But I can easily get into trouble with food. So I totally get it. Sometimes it takes a while to really get into what I call "the groove". Starts, restarts.... Great idea to not weigh yourself if doing that is working against you. You count the calories.

Holly I am not at all surprised to hear that the outcome was good with your boss. Its obvious to me you are a hard and good worker. And a good person. Would you want to work year round full time? Or do you want to keep your summers free for biking? If it were me, I might turn the table on the boss and ask him to come up with an offer. Then I could decide. Glad he appreciates you!

Saturday I messed up big. I had brain fog and very little energy. I was hungry. When I was in the store getting my zero carb baked cheese bites, I decided maybe I had not been getting enough carbs. and that is why I was feeling like that. I have purposefully been keeping my carb intake very low. So I decided to get some popchips. Then later on I totally totally blew it. I decided I would go to the health food store and get a big chunk of carrot cake from their bakery. It was too rich for me. And my body told me so. But I tasted great. Sunday I was back on track. I have an incentive to not do that again anytime soon. I leave on Friday for Boston. Still hoping I can be down to where I want to be. But IDK. I lost that day to carrot cake and popchips. I have to go buy some pants on Tuesday or Wednesday

I hope everyone has a great monday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

I have a very short fuse these days. My latest aggravations include people that decide to have loud lengthy conversations on the phone disrupting the peace for everyone trapped beside them. This has happened to me now two days in a row so I am super peeved.

Yesterday I was on a crowded bus and a woman sat right beside me then was loudly yelling into her phone for about 20 mins using vulgar language and telling an obscene story. I saw two people make faces at each other as the woman finally exited, but I am the one that had to be beside her. I put ear buds on and cranked up the music but it barely drowned her out. When she exited I got a look at her and recognized her as a woman that butt ahead of me about a week ago at my stop to cut the line to get onto the bus.

Oh and last week some guy on the bus put music loudly on his phone. I don’t want to listen to his noise. I don’t understand how some people can be so disrespectful- if you don’t have a headset/ear buds, don’t play music/videos.

So today I decide to actually take a work break at lunch, which I rarely do. I go to a cafe and a woman that was not even a customer (didn’t have any food or beverage the entire time) plunked down into a chair across from me and was loudly talking on her phone. I left after 20 mins of this. But i was so mad. Other ppl around seemed aggravated as well but stayed fuming with their ear buds on. No one was going to say something; it was an older woman. I understand older ppl are less likely to text but she wasn’t even a customer! Go outside! Ughhh

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 04-09-2018 at 03:00 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:14 AM   #34  

I had a bad day today. Sasha (kitty) got out today, almost 2 times. I was so pissed. Hank (sasha's brother) was so bad, today. Elvira was bad too. She fricken drug me around, hurt my hands.

Just not a good day, animal wise. I told them all I was going to ship them all to Jennifer in Ohio.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

OH!! Lisa naughty animals to be mean to their loving mom ...I hope they shape up today!!!

PandaCupcake - ugh PEOPLE! they suck. Yes they do. So very inconsiderate. And we should be able to speak up and tell them to stop it...but with the level of unbalanced people out there, I would be very leery of confronting them. Which is so wrong!

flower - the thought of giving up my beloved summer job, to work in the place that has 14 years of sh*tty memories, makes me want to fall to the floor, holding my tummy, laughing like a lunatic, and kicking up my heels just like this ---> I can't even imagine how much money I would have to demand to agree to that. Something not very cost-effective for him He said 'just think about it'. Sure

a question for you guys, I am pretty much in the sticks up here and not in a professional environment at all, but - nowadays what is the protocol and etiquette concerning your boss on his phone? if you ask your boss a question, and at that moment you ask, he is NOT on his phone, but then maybe it vibrates and he takes it out and looks at it and then IGNORES you...? and then walks away, either messaging or talking, and then doesn't get back to you regarding your WORK RELATED QUESTION....I don't think that's right. Is that how things are now????
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post

a question for you guys, I am pretty much in the sticks up here and not in a professional environment at all, but - nowadays what is the protocol and etiquette concerning your boss on his phone? if you ask your boss a question, and at that moment you ask, he is NOT on his phone, but then maybe it vibrates and he takes it out and looks at it and then IGNORES you...? and then walks away, either messaging or talking, and then doesn't get back to you regarding your WORK RELATED QUESTION....I don't think that's right. Is that how things are now????
That is very rude. At the very least your boss should say “Sorry but I need to take this call-“ and then your boss should be sure to check in with you to continue the conversation.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #37  

That's rude, Holly. Probably not a good sign.

I had a good PT session today. Tonight I am tired. Going to try to stay up a little longer, maybe watch a movie.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:04 AM   #38  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi again
Thanks everybody for Welcoming me here.

I'm not online everyday, life gets too crazy busy for me, so I'll post a few times a week. My hubby is more addicted to his cell, wearing his Bluetooth around his neck until bedtime

Looks like I can't post personals right now, my 2 doggies just came to tell me to take them on a potty walk... Have a fun hump-day
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #39  

Default I did it!

I got up this morning and skipped my morning weigh in. I’ve been meaning to stop weighing myself but today I finally was successful. And now I just moved my scale- I put it under a dresser. So let’s see if my life improves.

Yesterday I was thinking about fitness places closer to where I now live; I wouldn’t give up the other place right now but looking for closer options, that I can walk to within 30 mins. Some places near me don’t look promising but then I saw an option and guess what- they are closing until September for renovations. Mmm. Ok. So maybe an option for the fall...

I daydream about things but really in addition to my current membership I could supplement with some packages here and there or introductory specials- I don’t need two expensive annual memberships and REALLY I need to continue my current classes and supplement with just getting my butt off the couch and doing indoor workouts (lots of options) or walking/running etc- on my own schedule and free.

I also daydream about getting up early- I have never been a “morning person” and that would require going to bed very early. I go to bed between 12-2am usually. If I wanted to start getting up around 5am I would need to go to bed by 9?

That’s what made me think I don’t need to add a facility to go to. Early mornings would still put me in rush hour traffic on the return home. So l should just schedule to do my own thing- then I don’t have to rely on a facility’s open hours, group class schedule, anxiety and fees for not cancelling missed sessions enough hours ahead of time, the crowded or late bus/subway, etc.

So if i just get up a bit (not 4:30/5am) earlier in the ams I can do some exercise and if I plan to do most days and miss one or two it will be no biggie.

My fitness schedule has been going ok but I am adding to that and also trying to get used to less calories bc that I have been doing terribly with- nothing too unhealthy but just eating all day.

My mood has been ok. I continue to avoid/ignore social invitations. I just can’t deal with that right now and don’t expect to get back out with friends anytime soon.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #40  

Oh goodness, I started a response a few days ago, then got side tracked!

Welcome Minidoodles! It's always nice to have new faces

Holly sorry to hear the new change over has been so turbulent for you. Change is never easy, I really hope things will calm down for you soon. How long before your summer job starts? And how long are you going to tease your new boss? in my work, if someone's phone rings, it's normal to say "oh sorry", check who's calling, and either say "sorry, I gotta take this" or ignore and call back after if it's not important, but we always come back to the conversation we were having.

Hi Flower123 - did you post in this group a while ago? I feel like I recognise your handle! You did really well to lose such a vast amount of weight, it's a weird thing, but sometimes having someone so critical about your weight, can cause hang ups around food (often leading to excess weight). You're doing really well to separate yourself from it all - keep it up!

Lisa go you! Putting us all to shame with your PT keep up the hard work! Would your protein work in a smoothie at all? Or homemade energy bars? Someone told me to make energy bars with whey, peanut butter and honey. I'm sure there must have been another ingredient in there to make it less gooey, but I remember they tasted quite nice! Hope your kitties are behaving today

Pandacupcake Hope your restart is going well! And well done you for not weighing yourself I get so frustrated with loud phonecalls too! Totally don't blame you for getting peeved

P.s. sorry if anyone read my half-done post in the last 5 mins, I almost lost it, hit submit to make sure I wouldn't then came back to edit it (and updates a few bits as I caught up on more of the picture)!

Last edited by Coop27; 04-11-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #41  

I have almost lost all of my holiday weight - 7 of the 8lbs I gained. Thankfully it hasn't taken too long (10 days)!

2 guys at my work have taken up a low carb diet though. They sit complaining about all the foods they can't eat I'm sitting there thinking "I'll show YOU a restricted diet!" One of them will eat an entire can of tuna for a mid-morning snack, and I'm wondering how I'm the weight I am, when a can of tuna is 2 days of lunches for me and just an appetizer for someone thinner than me (mind you, I eat mine with lots and lots of fattening lettuce )...

We are getting a heat wave next week! We got 5 days of Spring in March before winter decided it wasn't done yet and came back with a vengeance. If I can, I'll send it on your way to defrost the ground in Ohio!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #42  

I just had a yogurt. I was craving something sweet.

I have had more water today than usual.

Sasha is in heat. She's walking around here squallering wanting out. Gonna have to get little miss fixed, she's driving this old woman nuts. arch

I've got an ortho appt in the am. Never seen this Dr before, I'm nervous.
Then PT at 1:30 pm. Busy day.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I have almost lost all of my holiday weight - 7 of the 8lbs I gained. Thankfully it hasn't taken too long (10 days)!

2 guys at my work have taken up a low carb diet though. They sit complaining about all the foods they can't eat I'm sitting there thinking "I'll show YOU a restricted diet!" One of them will eat an entire can of tuna for a mid-morning snack, and I'm wondering how I'm the weight I am, when a can of tuna is 2 days of lunches for me and just an appetizer for someone thinner than me (mind you, I eat mine with lots and lots of fattening lettuce )...

We are getting a heat wave next week! We got 5 days of Spring in March before winter decided it wasn't done yet and came back with a vengeance. If I can, I'll send it on your way to defrost the ground in Ohio!
Congrats on the weight loss, Coop.

I want some snow but not now. Spring is here. It was 70 several days ago.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:36 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Oh goodness, I started a response a few days ago, then got side tracked!

Welcome Minidoodles! It's always nice to have new faces

Holly sorry to hear the new change over has been so turbulent for you. Change is never easy, I really hope things will calm down for you soon. How long before your summer job starts? And how long are you going to tease your new boss? in my work, if someone's phone rings, it's normal to say "oh sorry", check who's calling, and either say "sorry, I gotta take this" or ignore and call back after if it's not important, but we always come back to the conversation we were having.

Hi Flower123 - did you post in this group a while ago? I feel like I recognise your handle! You did really well to lose such a vast amount of weight, it's a weird thing, but sometimes having someone so critical about your weight, can cause hang ups around food (often leading to excess weight). You're doing really well to separate yourself from it all - keep it up!

Lisa go you! Putting us all to shame with your PT keep up the hard work! Would your protein work in a smoothie at all? Or homemade energy bars? Someone told me to make energy bars with whey, peanut butter and honey. I'm sure there must have been another ingredient in there to make it less gooey, but I remember they tasted quite nice! Hope your kitties are behaving today

Pandacupcake Hope your restart is going well! And well done you for not weighing yourself I get so frustrated with loud phonecalls too! Totally don't blame you for getting peeved

P.s. sorry if anyone read my half-done post in the last 5 mins, I almost lost it, hit submit to make sure I wouldn't then came back to edit it (and updates a few bits as I caught up on more of the picture)!
I don't know? I might be able to cook with it. It's kinda nasty. Hate to ruin good food with it.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #45  

PT is making my legs and back stronger. We are incorporating more and more exercises. I had my heart rate up to 127 on the treadmill, only in 9 minutes tho.

I hate gyms, with a passion but he's got me doing so many exercises I'm going to have to join a gym when this is all over. So much of this stuff can't be done at home.