3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Depression Forum Bio's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/214483-depression-forum-bios.html)

projectjudi 03-06-2014 10:31 PM

Hi!
My name is Judi and I am from Hamilton Ontario. I am bipolar and suffer with anxiety. Glad I found this board.
DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Judi

BIRTHDAY: September 2

MARITAL STATUS: S

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, surfing the net, animals

TOP WEIGHT: 404

CURRENT WEIGHT: 219

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5 7

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Hamilton Ontario Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am an all or nothing person. lost most of my weight starving and binging and repeat. Once I go off track it takes me a really long time to get back.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Have joined Weight Watchers and am actually eating a losing

imafattynow 03-12-2014 11:59 PM

DATE: 3/2/2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: imafattynow/Amber

BIRTHDAY: September 28

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ian

CHILDREN/AGES: 2yro Boy

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Books/TV

PETS: No

TOP WEIGHT: 266

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing Weight :)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Fear that I could die before my son will ever remember who I was.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I used to be vibrant, fun, full of life - and tiny.

fatchicslim726 04-06-2014 05:34 PM

Date:4.6.14

Username/real Name:fatchicslim726/Laura

Birthday:7.26.1985

Marital Status:Married

Spouse’s Name:Travis

Children/ages:7.5(8 in December), 4.5(5 in September) 2.5(3 in July)

Hobbies/interests: Cosmetology(make-up, hair, nails) art

Pets: 1 dog(Duke) 6 cats( Mist, Cloud and 4 newborn babies yet to be named)

Top Weight: 271lbs

Current Weight: 268lbs

Goal Weight:120lbs

Height: 5'7

Eye Color: Hazel(green and brown)

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Geographic Location: Florida

What Is Your Biggest Problem In Weight Loss: Sticking to it and exercise. I suffer from Social Anxiety, MDD(Major Depressive Disorder), BDD(Body Dismorphic Disorder), and OCD(Over Compulsive Disorder). I makes it hard to stick to things.

What Is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: The fact that I am so close to 300lbs, my children and my health

Anything Else You Would Like People To Know About You? Not really anything to add, but if you'd like to know anything else just feel free to ask me.

FleurDeLis 04-25-2014 02:08 PM

DATE: 4-25-14

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sabrina

BIRTHDAY: February

SPOUSE’S NAME: D

CHILDREN/AGES: I gave birth to our stillborn daughter on March 21, 2014

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, the Catholic faith, playing with my dog and cat.

PETS: Boston Terrier named Eddie, brown tabby cat named Evie

TOP WEIGHT: 205lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 189lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 150lbs

EYE COLOR: blue

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Indiana

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Watching what I eat.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I need to lose weight to get back to my healthy prepregnancy weight. There is no other option, I have to succeed!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to collect anything Coca Cola! :)

racrane 05-01-2014 01:30 AM

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME:

BIRTHDAY: 9-21-1990

MARITAL STATUS: engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: he wouldn't want me to say

CHILDREN/AGES: Colton, 20 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: being a mom, I love attachment parenting and I love baby wearing, cloth diapering, breastfeeding. I also am a theater major and I have a huge passion for theater and music.

PETS: n/a

TOP WEIGHT: excluding pregnancy, 186

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180 ish

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 ish

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Wisconsin

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: stuffing my feelings with sugar

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want Colton to grow up thinking that this is the healthy way to live

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm struggling with my relationship and am desperately in search of what to do

CrimsonTears 05-06-2014 05:50 PM

DATE: 5/6/2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CrimsonTears/Alwyn

BIRTHDAY: August 30

MARITAL STATUS: ENGAGEDDDDDDDD :D:carrot:

SPOUSE’S NAME: Josh

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet ;)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Medieval Reenactment, artsy stuff like pottery and drawing

PETS: 4 dogs and (technically 3) 1 cat, and one cat looking down from above.

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: arround 235( haven't weighed myself in awhile...)

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Olive Green/Hazel

HAIR COLOR: faded black with ginger red roots~

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pac Northwest

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: well....food.....and my depression

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not going to give up!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

I'm caraaaaaaaaazzzzyyyy!!!!!!!!! In the good way. ;) And I seem to always have the best advice for everything. >.< I've been dubbed the 1903 upper Dr. Phil. Lol!

Karly 05-24-2014 04:27 PM

DATE: 5/24/14

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Karly/Karla

BIRTHDAY: Dec 31

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: space and science related things, crafting (knitting, crochet, cross-stitch and assorted other things), reading; I'm a very boring person.

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 208

CURRENT WEIGHT: 186

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: mousy brown, a few gray strands appearing.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: SE PA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: no motivation, bingeing and an arthritic knee preventing me from exercising like I used to

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'll let you know when I find it.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm horribly shy and introverted so I lurk a lot. It takes a while for me to get comfortable posting on sites like this. I'm always afraid I'll look like a fool.

mysticalsunshine 05-25-2014 09:51 PM

DATE: 05/25/2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kat

BIRTHDAY: 12/22/1984

MARITAL STATUS: common law

SPOUSE’S NAME: Rob

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Blogging, Photography, Reading and hanging out with friends

PETS: Yes, a puppy named Ellie

TOP WEIGHT: 450-500?

CURRENT WEIGHT: 450-500?

GOAL WEIGHT: 200

HEIGHT: 6'0

EYE COLOR: Blue

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ontario, Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:Sticking to diets and exercise

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: If I can get weight loss surgery to help me lose some weight so I can be more mobile.

MonteCristo 05-27-2014 11:52 AM

I guess I never filled one of these out...

DATE: 5/27/14

USERNAME/REAL NAME: MonteCristo / Antonia

BIRTHDAY: 11/7/1985

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading / Movies / Crochet / Baking /

PETS: 3yo lab mix Sydney, 3yo Silver Tabbies Alexei & Lyla

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 242

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arkansas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: "I don't like food, I LOVE it"

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've been successful before, losing over 60lbs. I can do it again.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have 8 younger brothers and sister and we are all very close.

Chelainabear 07-28-2014 10:33 PM

Newbie over here

Hi there! It's really comforting to find people who face issues that I do in the quest for health, I'm so happy to have found this community, so here's me.

DATE: July 28, 2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Chelaina

BIRTHDAY: January 11

CHILDREN/AGES: No kids yet, just a sweet nephew who just passed 1 month

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to read and watch WAY too many TV shows, playing softball and volleyball, crafting, and I love music but I have no talent for it

PETS: 2 dogs and 3 kitties

TOP WEIGHT: 266

CURRENT WEIGHT: 266

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

EYE COLOR: blue/green, depending on what I'm wearing

HAIR COLOR: blonde, but it's dyed brown right now

OCCUPATION: I work in a group home for girls in fostercare with behavioral issues, and as a cashier at a local store. Busy busy :)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Western Washington

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Finding and keeping my motivation and will power. I have a lot of goals and good intentions and I tend to trip up and not meet them. Some of the time it's due to losing the battle with depression and anxiety. I have PCOS as well, which, of course, makes everything a bit harder.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This community, I think. Plus I recently graduated from college and have done a lot of growing up and learning about myself in the last couple months.

Nothing I can think of! I'm a big nerd who would rather curl up on the couch with some tea and the 5th season of Supernatural than do anything else. And I love making new friends, so... hello :)

fool4fotos 08-06-2014 11:56 AM

Seriously Debated

I questioned posting on this forum but am pulling out all the stops on this weight loss effort so here it goes:

DATE: 8/6/14

USERNAME/REAL NAME: fool4fotos/Pat

BIRTHDAY: 8/13

MARITAL STATUS: living with my best friend

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jerry

CHILDREN/AGES: Katie 25, Kandace 23, Callen 19, Jace 17

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: photography, gardening, hiking

PETS: Mike a lab/rott mix

TOP WEIGHT: 235

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230.6

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'8"

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: IL

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Overeating and lack of activity when I'm depressed.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Have come the closest to a diagnosis and I believe me and my doctor have finally found the correct combination of medications that keep my mind more focused and positive. In doing so I also realize the importance of using other methods of fighting my condition to stay in a healthier state both mentally and physically.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? It has been a long battle to find myself....40+ years actually. Some in my life would call it a life wasted, I call it a new beginning.

marnielee23 10-08-2014 04:08 PM

DATE: October 8, 2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: marnielee23/ Marnie Lee Madnikoff

BIRTHDAY: 11/23/1984

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: movies, tv shows, animals

PETS: 3 cats, Ginxx, Tygriss and Meyer

TOP WEIGHT: 361

CURRENT WEIGHT: 361

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge Eating Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Chronic backpain

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Mindset to overcome my problems and not let them take over my life.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not Sure

LadyKay 10-08-2014 05:03 PM

Really struggling to try to fit in on this site, hopefully this will help?

DATE: October 10, 2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LadyKay/Kay

BIRTHDAY: June 20

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Will

CHILDREN/AGES: Step children, all girls; 9, 5, and 3.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Gaming, technology, rock collecting, aikido, random research, card making

PETS: 1 small dog

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 218

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5" 8"

HAIR COLOR: Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: First try at it. Getting over sugar addiction is the biggest challenge right now.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I never tried before because I knew it couldn't just be a "diet" it had to be a lifestyle change in order for me to be successful and maintain. I knew I had to accept that and let go of old patterns before I would even try dieting.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I do struggle with mental health issues but am quite open about it. I'm a little socially awkward and may not always say the right thing, so don't be afraid to ask me questions or let me know if I'm out of line. New to forums, new to dieting, looking for support from an online community as I have very little in my personal life outside of my fiance.

docal 01-25-2015 12:05 AM

Bio

DATE: 01/25/2015

USERNAME/REAL NAME: docal/Misty

BIRTHDAY: 02/19/1980

CHILDREN/AGES: Daughter/11

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Guitar, computer programming, reading

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 220

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210

HEIGHT: 5'5

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Time and little support. I have a roommate that makes for feel very uncomfortable when I workout in front of him. My every day routine also makes timing very difficult.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've spent years battling self esteem issues. At one point I was down to 160lbs and gained it all back. I can honestly say when I weighed that much I was happiest I have every been.

SommerGraves 02-17-2015 01:00 PM

Moved back to MI and it's been downhill since!

First name: Sommer

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 4 Sons (21, 16, 7 & 1)

Pets:Miniature Schnauzer

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, spirituality, thrifting, crafting, and cooking.

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Eyes, Red Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This coming Sunday... February 22, 2015

Starting Weight:155

Present Weight:255 (Got on the scale yesterday for the last time for 30 days!)

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I moved back to MI a couple of years ago and have been faced with depression from the lack of sun, family structures and diagnosed as bipolar can't help!! The monotony makes it hard to stay focused.

Following any specific plan: I am ordering the Optifast (which hopefully will be here by Saturday) and joining the gym Friday. The plane for the gym is 3-4 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm ten years older with two more children and now single. I don't have the same support system that I had before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: It would be really nice to meet people in the surrounding Metro Detroit area.

KrisWecker 02-24-2015 08:50 PM

DATE: Feb. 24th 2014

USERNAME/REAL NAME: KrisWecker/Kristen

BIRTHDAY: August 5th

SPOUSE’S NAME: Brian

CHILDREN/AGES: No Children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Photography, cooking,

PETS: Ruby, our rescue spaniel/retriever mix

TOP WEIGHT: 300

CURRENT WEIGHT: 275

HAIR COLOR: Dishwater Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Missouri

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Food has always been my comfort and support system when things get rough, and things are REALLY rough right now.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Honestly, I don't know what's different this time. And perhaps that's not a great mindset to come into this with, but I have to try something, and I need a community that supports me. Desperate times and desperate measures.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Since this is the depression forum, I guess that I'm usually on wellbutrin and prozac. Unfortunately, I can't currently afford my medications, on which I was actually doing quite well keeping my weight at least level on.

MercuryStardust 07-27-2015 01:46 PM

DATE: July 27, 2015

USERNAME/REAL NAME: MercuryStardust/Liz

BIRTHDAY: August 27

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, cooking, baking, dancing, knitting, ukulele, napping

PETS: Two beagles

TOP WEIGHT: 290

CURRENT WEIGHT: 290

EYE COLOR: Dark green

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Snacking in the night, making sure I am exercising daily. And carbs.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am in danger of developing diabetes and it has also come to the point where I cannot do all the things I used to be able to do.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? :carrot:

McMurphy 11-08-2015 09:26 PM

DATE: November 8, 2015

USERNAME/REAL NAME: McMurphy/Megan

BIRTHDAY: August 5, 1994

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, Art, Cooking, Science, Writing

PETS: Cat

TOP WEIGHT: 210ish

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180ish? I'm scared to check

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: Red/Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not caving in when my boyfriend or family member wants to eat unhealthy foods.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Making more of an effort to track my diet.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: My biggest challenge right now is my relationship and the way I've let it change my diet over the past year. A year ago I was at my goal weight and had maintained this for a year and a half. I was dating someone else at the time and living with my parents. Right before Christmas '14 I ended this relationship to begin dating my current boyfriend. I soon discovered how unhealthy his eating habits are - and how unhappy this would make me. He has never had a problem with excess weight. If anything, he needs to gain it. At 5'10" and 130ish lbs, I wouldn't expect him to understand my plight. Over the year we've spent together I've gained about 30lbs, as most of the time it has been easier to cave in and eat what he chooses rather than argue in favor of healthy (expensive) foods. It wasn't all his fault though. After awhile I started to make the same unhealthy choices, and I went into a deep depression. Over time I realized how unhappy I was in this relationship, and yet I still haven't found the courage to walk away. I miss my ex and realized months ago what I lost by leaving him, but the part of me that cares about my boyfriend has made it impossible to leave. I wish I had that strength. I just wish I had my life back.

Sorry for the rambling story. I needed to write that though.

ShiroiHana 01-15-2016 08:12 AM

DATE: 1/15/16

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Leigh Anne

BIRTHDAY: 4/6/86

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing, drawing, reading, studying history and world cultures

PETS: Syd- Husky/ Lab mix
Marley- Husky/ Lab mix
D'Artagnan- Cat
Nan- Husky/ Lab mix (Marley's mom)
Rita- Purebred Siberian Husky (and Syd's mom!)

TOP WEIGHT: 225 lbs.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210 lbs.

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 lbs.

HEIGHT: 5'1"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Alabama, US

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Giving up constantly due to depression.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It just needs to be done.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a very shy person and a little awkward. It took a lot for me to join this forum but I've been battling this alone for too long. Hopefully reaching out like this will help.

jensmarty 01-28-2016 05:46 PM

DATE: 1/28/2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: jensmarty/jen

BIRTHDAY: 02/25

MARITAL STATUS: With the love of my life

SPOUSE’S NAME: K

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Studying/School, Spending time with loved ones and pets, Netflix

PETS: 2 pits, 2 cats

TOP WEIGHT: 218

CURRENT WEIGHT: 214

GOAL WEIGHT: 160-170

HEIGHT: 5'1.5"

HAIR COLOR: Ash Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lack of motivation due to Bipolar, and my eating disorder

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Mail Order diet, will take the stress out of food prep

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar, which has manifested itself as anxety, depression, OCD, and bulimia over the years. I gained weight due to constant med trials.

:dizzy::dizzy::):):):):):):):):):)

thelotusgoddess 07-31-2016 07:37 PM

New here...

First off, wanted to say Hello to everyone here. I'm having a hard day and I was super glad to find this Forum.

Anyway, there are some questions to answer, so here goes... :)

DATE: 07.31.2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: thelotusgoddess/robbie

MARITAL STATUS: divorced, no children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: jewelry design, food, cooking, reading, writing, knitting, Netflix, travel (once upon a time)

PETS: one cat (Betty Draper)

TOP WEIGHT: 272

CURRENT WEIGHT: 270ish

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-170

HEIGHT: 5'7"

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Maryland, currently

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: depression and anxiety; fear of repeating my previous failed attempts at weight loss

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel like this is my last chance to lose weight now that I am approaching 50; I am lucky in that I have few weight-related health issues, but I need to take care of the issues that I do have and prevent any further deterioration in my physical health. Heck, major depressive disorder is enough to deal with without having to worry about diabetes, heart disease, etc, etc, etc. Plus I am hoping that weight loss and physical activity will help with my treatment-resistant depression & anxiety.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have had Major Depressive Disorder (and Generalized Anxiety Disorder with [recently-developed] Agoraphobia) for the past 30+ years, and this has significantly contributed to my weight issues. Over the past year the agoraphobia, which developed over the past year, helped contribute to the last 20+ pound gain.

Thanks for reading! I'm feeling really anxious / depressed today, so hopefully my future posts won't be as gloomy as this one seems. :dizzy:

JadeAutumn 08-28-2016 10:45 PM

DATE: 8/28/2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JadeAutumn/Jade

BIRTHDAY: 1/16

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: No kids.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Nature, photography, horses, reptiles.

PETS: Five snakes (albino boa, three sand boas, one albino burmese python I named Monty aka Banana) and one cat (tortie Manx, Brownie).

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

HAIR COLOR: Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: GA.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge eating, injuries from working out keeping me from working out, not getting outside due to the heat index.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't know, maybe a miracle will happen this time around.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm really shy, not good with words (PTSD and Asperger's), and wish I had a friend close enough to do things with.

Phenix 11-17-2016 08:10 AM

DATE: Nov. 17, 2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Phenix

BIRTHDAY: June 4

SPOUSE’S NAME: Hon

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dog Walking, hiking, crafting, reading spending time with friends and family

PETS: Dogs and Cats

TOP WEIGHT: 223
CURRENT WEIGHT: 216

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am my biggest problem and hope I am also my biggest solution

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am so motivated and hope I can maintain this feeling to make a first "dent" in my weight loss.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have been more depressed these last few months and gained a lot of weight..not sure if the weight gain or the depression came first but they are feeding each other.....

hiimawkward 01-04-2017 10:10 PM

DATE: 1/4/17

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Candra

BIRTHDAY: June 12th 1991

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Michael

CHILDREN/AGES: 1 boy, almost 6 months old!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: psychology, browsing the net, blogging, being a parent, listening to music/singing

PETS: 1 dog (she lives with my parents), and 2 cats they're my fiancees so I call them my step children lol!

TOP WEIGHT: 275lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 269lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 130lbs

HEIGHT: 5 feet

HAIR COLOR: Red (natural!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: USA, Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My relationship with food is so crazy... I am obsessed with food. Once I start eating I just can't stop.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a son now. I need to get healthy for him. I want to be able to play with him without getting tired and out of breath.

I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder, social anxiety, general anxiety, borderline personality disorder, PCOS, hypothyroidism. Most of my mental illnesses have been doing a lot better but I still struggle at times!

Gottamakegoal 01-10-2017 04:58 PM

DATE: January 10, 2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: gottamakegoal/Nancy

BIRTHDAY: August 12

CHILDREN/AGES: Shaun 38, Danielle 36

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to cook, bake, read on my iPad and watch TV

PETS: 2 dogs

TOP WEIGHT: 335

CURRENT WEIGHT: 335

GOAL WEIGHT: 185

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark blonde/grey with blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Now it's losing weight, it used to be keeping it off. For me, weight loss is very time consuming. Plan, plan, plan. If I don't have the time or energy to keep it first and foremost in my mind, the weight creeps back on. You know how they say after so many days things become a habit? Well, not for me and weight loss. Plan, plan, plan, eat like a bird and exercise my tush off!! If ANYTHING interferes with that mojo, I gain.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: To be honest, I'm not sure. Maybe fear. Fear of needing weight loss surgery. Fear of feeling worse than I already do. All I know is, I NEED to do this and for whatever reason, yesterday, a switch inside of me clicked and I'm more gung ho than I've been in a long time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have 3 grandchildren and I'm hoping to live long enough to see my great grandchildren!! Along with Depression/Anxiety, I also have high blood pressure, COPD, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, GERD, Raynaud's, migraines and sleep apnea. I'm also being evaluated for possible lupus. This thread doesn't seem very active, so, if anyone wants to be "friends" or knows of threads or boards that may make my journey easier, please let me know! Thanks!

VermontMom 01-11-2017 08:21 AM

Hi gottamakegoal/Nancy :wave: This Bio thread does not see any interaction/talk, but if you want almost daily talk, we at the "Ups and Downs" support thread would welcome you :) and anyone else who has posted their bios here!

nerdbling 02-01-2017 04:33 PM

Hi all

DATE:
2/1/2017
USERNAME
nerdbling
MARITAL STATUS:
boy friend
SPOUSE’S NAME:
Jeff
PETS:
2 dogs 1 cat
TOP WEIGHT:
CURRENT WEIGHT:
GOAL WEIGHT:
HEIGHT:
5'11"
EYE COLOR:
Blue
HAIR COLOR:
Brown
Student
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
North east
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
keeping the weight off
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
I feel like I have something to look forward to in my own future

Coleman 03-08-2017 04:14 PM

36 in the cure to your problems because it worked for me

I'm a 36-year-old woman that was Mary went to a rough patch gained a lot of weight and got really stressed out and depressed but I did find something I like to share with you ladies and it's not like most programs but what help me is what I hope can help all of you just visit the link watch the video and I promise you it is not a waste of money

Coleman 03-08-2017 04:16 PM

Best workout I have ever had in my life

Ladies I found the answer to the bodyyou want

FatCowSlim 05-12-2017 08:12 AM

DATE: 12/05.17

USERNAME/REAL NAME: FatCowSlim / Annette

BIRTHDAY: July 16th

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: gardening, cross-stitch, reading,

PETS: just lost my cat :(

TOP WEIGHT: just over 15 stone / 98kg

CURRENT WEIGHT: 94 kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 50kg

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South London

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: succumbing to binges when stressed

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I think I'm more motivated than ever

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Bulimia ages 14-25, depression and anxiety (last 20 years), hypothyroidism, also waiting on diagnosis for cardiac issues and aspergers

Purefire 08-24-2017 12:31 AM

DATE: August 24, 2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Purefire/Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: March 8, 1979

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

CHILDREN/AGES: Jayson/18 - Kiara/14

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Watching movies and The Gym

PETS: Cats: Boots & Toby, Bearded Dragon: Blaze, Bird: Buddy

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 201

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4

HAIR COLOR: Naturally: Dark Brown, Dyed: Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East Coast

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating too much, Esting when depressed.

I want to lose the weight for my health this time. I'm tired of being in pain all the time.

Bestidea 09-11-2017 11:02 AM

DATE: 11/09/2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bestidea/Julia

BIRTHDAY: March 1986

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Learning.. anything

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 56

CURRENT WEIGHT: 52

GOAL WEIGHT: 52

HEIGHT: 165

EYE COLOR: green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: UK

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

I've struggled with my weight for a long time and struggled with eating disorders until I finally managed to cure myself. Read my story on my blog. Just hope it might be of help to somebody ;)

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!

Ekm1312 10-28-2017 09:12 PM

Georgia bio

DATE: 10/28/2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ekm1312/Georgia

BIRTHDAY: June 1983

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: hiking, listening to music

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 180 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5’6”

EYE COLOR: green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Long Island, NY

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: binging, depression

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don’t know for sure but I am trying anyway. I hope staying accountable and tracking food and weight will help

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I have treatment resistant depression, and have had ect a couple of years ago. I cannot seem to shake the continued depression and am hoping if I lose this weight this time I’ll keep it off and not get depressed again.

EllieSue 11-14-2017 09:19 AM

Brand new today!

DATE: November 14th, 2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: EllieSue/Elsbeth

BIRTHDAY: Sept 21

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: 3 (19, 10 and 5yrs)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, singing, pottery, paddle boarding, swimming

PETS: 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs

TOP WEIGHT: 217

CURRENT WEIGHT: 217

HAIR COLOR: red, brown

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Time and wine

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: making the time and less or no wine *cry*

I have been diagnosed with depression and am on meds. Since being on one of the meds I have gained 30lbs!! I love humour and a good Time!

Zanaida 04-03-2020 10:57 AM

DATE: 4/03/20

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Zanaida

BIRTHDAY: Feb. 5

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, computer

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5'5''

EYE COLOR: black

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oklahoma

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Following through a routine

RushTX 06-01-2020 09:42 AM

I'd love to join you - here is my info:

DATE: 6/1/2020

USERNAME/REAL NAME: RushTX/Rushell

BIRTHDAY: 2/22

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Brett

CHILDREN/AGES: Mark - 17; Katelyn - 11

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: HOPA Games, Homeschooling, Parenting Kids with Special Needs

PETS: Bella - Long Haired Chihuahua; Misty - Mixed Breed (Tabby and Ragdoll) Cat; Carol (AKA Sweet-Sweet) - Long Haired White Munchkin Non Standard

TOP WEIGHT: ??? Same as Current

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185 (Based on what it was a month ago) - I don't own a scale but have to send my stats in before my psychiatrist appt every 3 months.

GOAL WEIGHT: 140? - Just want to get rid of my extended belly and decrease my hips and thighs

HAIR COLOR: Natural or current? :D It's currently champagne blonde with some medium brown hidden beneath ;)

OCCUPATION: Editor from Home (when there is work - COVID-19 thing messed that up quite a bit, but I'm still waiting for things to pick back up again)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: TX, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sugar Addiction!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't know that yet

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a homeschooling mom. My son has similar issues to me, such as struggles with ADHD, Anxiety and Depression. He is a challenge, but we keep trying. My daughter may have some ADHD (more like ADD, she isn't hyper and is more well behaved but has focus issues). She also has some learning difficulties (executive function, memory issues, lack of confidence?). She's more my angel baby, while my son was the "Devil in Disguise!" But I LOVE them both so much and would do anything for them.
Far as Weight and Depression go, it's like this:
I'm in pain (mostly in the back, but knees and legs sometimes too) because of my weight, so I know I NEED to lose weight.
I'm tired all the time, so I sit, sometimes go lie down in bed.
I have no motivation because I don't feel like I can do what I need to do to lose the weight - exercise, cut out all the sweets. (Right now the latter is the hardest/next to impossible to do)
Then of course I get depressed because I can't make the necessary changes....
I'm sure some of you can relate.

Anyway, I look forward to maybe getting to know you all!

Rushell

FSB 06-05-2020 05:35 PM

weight

I completely understand how it feels to not be able to get the results we have always wanted. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time now. But I have found some interesting things that will definitely work for anyone who is struggling to drop those inches. The first thing to keep in mind is to have a mindset that you can easily lose weight with some simple steps. I highly recommend it.

chronicwarrior 06-18-2020 07:00 PM

DATE: 6/18/2020

USERNAME/REAL NAME: chronicwarrior/Nicole

BIRTHDAY: 02/21/1997

MARITAL STATUS: I have a life partner, but for feminist reasons I don’t like marriage.

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jay

CHILDREN/AGES: 0, just my Hamilton the bulldog

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music

PETS: Dog: Hamilton, Bunny: Hopps, Fish: Rufus and Orcea

TOP WEIGHT: 150

CURRENT WEIGHT: 150

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 5’4

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: United States

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Being disabled and a chronic pain sufferer

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Being conscious

donjyde93 11-05-2020 11:06 AM

DATE: 5th of November, 2020

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Olajide Afolagbade

BIRTHDAY: June 2

MARITAL STATUS: ENGAGED

SPOUSE’S NAME: Chinonye

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading. I will really love to share books that has helped me in my journey thus far.

TOP WEIGHT: 120kg

CURRENT WEIGHT: 100kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 70kg

HEIGHT: 1.81m

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: West Africa

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not been disciplined

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Looked forward to been in a family that could help. So I am hoping I got the right one by coming here.