Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking October 2009 Chick Chat - Come Join Us

Good Morning,

Happy October 1st. Its a beautiful crisp fall day, hope everyone is smiling.

Nothing much new here, sosdd.. I'm still playing catch up at home with the house work, etc... from being away for a few days. Amazing how fast dirt sneaks up on you lol.

How is everyone?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #2  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! It is October and focusing on looking up in spite of problems,

A happy, drop lots of pounds month to all!

(PS - in my house the dirt has not only snuck up on on me it formed cooperative units and is plotting a coup!)
Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lostbutstilltrying

I'm glad your joining in...the chicks here are sweeter than honey

I think with my selective hearing, I have selective seeing... I really only see dirt when company is coming, and its usually 10 minutes before they show up

Last edited by Leenie; 10-01-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

It's definetly a brain fart day ladies.

howdy to lostbutstilltrying!

Leenie - hope you enjoyed vaca, welcome back!

Mom - are you having allergy issues? The weather does that to my allergies too.

Hope - how are you doing. Dh doing well?

Hydra - hope you enjoyed the day with your granddaughter.

Today is my Friday, which rocks. Tomorrow I leave for NY. I'm doing lunch with my parents, then heading to Alumni Weekend. Temptation will be abound, but I'm determined to stick to the plan! I volunteered to be DD, so I can't drink. Of course that prompted everyone to assume I'm pregnant. Seriously not pregnant - just fat - but thanks!

I hope to report back on Sunday or MOnday that I was a very good girl, but we shall see!

s to all the ladies!

Last edited by marbear24; 10-01-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Marbear have a wonderful, safe trip... don't stress about your weight, I'm sure you look fantastic where abouts in NY are you heading to? I had a lovely mini vacation, thank you for asking

Hope.. girl !! how is your DH?

Mom... allergies... lordy I'm getting hit hard with mine too, my head is spinning. My dd too, poor thing can't breath at night and she's taking Alavert... I think I'm going to switch her b/c she is vedddddddddy cranky and frustrated.

Toodles Again
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Dh is doing very well, thanks everybody for asking. He is actually out of the house right now running a couple of errands. He still tires very quickly but feels good when he is moving. I don't know if I said but he threw his back out tuesday. Good grief, what next? He is working through that pain too.

I'm off today and tomorrow but I have to study for a test on saturday. I really wish I didn't have one so I could just hang out with him but oh well. I still have lots to be thankful for. Especially you chicks! Gonna go study a while. Check in later.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Hope-that is good he is feeling better....I am glad hes up an around.

Taking meds to help my head....arguing with my teenager over her mental meds!!!! of course now she thinks she dont need it...UGHHHHHHHH
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies I would like to join in and I'll do my best to be here daily. I am getting scared at the thought of winter coming, it is my very hard time, and it's selfish but I want lots of friends around to help me rally and I'll try to help anyone else
Old 10-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #9  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I have doing ok with my mood. October is generally an up month for me. Lots of family birthdays and Halloween is my favorite holiday. I worry too about staying motivated to exercise and continue to eat healthy through the winter. I have rediscovered my love of fruit and it bums me out that the produce section at the grocery will be getting sparse. I have thought that I will doing a lot of frozen items this winter, not so much fresh.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #10  
Buddha Shaped

S/C/G: 307/307/199

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I just joined -- actually rejoined -- as I am trying to get back on the wagon after a year off. I'm taking a new approach to my relationship with food and exercise this time, addressing underlying issues including my depression, so I thought this would be a great group to join.

Anyway, October is my favorite month, Halloween my favorite holiday, so it's usually a fairly up month. This year has been tough all around, however, and I'm a little afraid of what the change of seasons is doing to me right now. I look forward to getting to know you ladies better and having the best month I can possibly have!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #11  
starting over again

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome! special shout out to Leenie and marbear24, everyone being so nice has cheered me up on kind of a rough day, so thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

TGIF !!! WHOOT

Hi Ladies,

Welcome Holly, Ducky and to Lostbutstilltrying.

SAD usually hits me around February, I think because all the holidays are past and its still dang cold out... I'm mad by March LOL. I've read that because we don't get a lot of sun during the winter months, its good to make sure you get enough vitaman D. Some chicks are having good luck with a SAD Light (Lux 10,000+ I believe). We had a really cool thread on the lights, if you want I can dig it up.

Fridays are looooong days, I don't get home until 9 PM (I leave the house at 7:15 AM) because DD has a few activities after I get out of work, but she loves it so its worth it.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Toodles

Last edited by Leenie; 10-02-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/198/135

Hi Everyone,

I am new and enjoy reading your posts....thanks for the great pick me up..nice to know others are in the same "boat" and inspiring to hear how ya'll r doin....
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Justdoit66.. your avitar is sooo cute.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #15  
starting over again

Ladies! I'm just doooooown this morning, nobody else but you guys get that - there is so much crashing in on me right now I just want to go back to bed and stay there forever... I don't want today to be a dark day! I need to pull myself out of this before I get down so far I can't manage.... gonna focus on the altitude of my attitude with a little me time...
Closed Thread