Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Heather, Hope, Mom - I, personally, do not care if you're trying to lose weight or not. Come back (or stay) and play with us!! We enjoy you not your diets!

I think I posted something about that in a past month's forum and everyone told me the same thing... let's see if I can find it... hmmm... AHA!

Words of wisdom from Leenie, Purefire & Hope4me!

Leenie: Marbear, you need to post whether your doing good or bad... thats what support is about, besides you'll receive no judgment here. We love you the way you are so please don't feel you need to be perfect to post Ok Gosh if I only posted on good days, I'd have about 10 posts out of my what... 10k lol

Hope:
Marbear, if I didn't post every time I went off plan you'd never see me!
I'm always behind on my homework.

Purefire: Marbear ~ continue posting whether you are having a good day or a bad day. We all have them both and it's always good to talk about them instead of hiding from them.

So I best see you ladies posting!

Everyone have a greta day. Good to see most of you are in high spirits

Leenie - How's work, love?

(As for me - SOSDD)
Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #107  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Default please keep posting!

I agree that you ladies should definitely keep posting - sometimes the "weight" you loss is all that mental baggage that is weighing you down. I wish I had joined this site before I was ready to lose weight, because it would have brought me to a healthier mental place much quicker!

on a down note, my great mood evaporated quickly and I had a rough yesterday, way binged and am feeling ashamed and defeated, but I know I have to pick myself up and get moving and that no one is going to do it for me
Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #108  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Oh sweet ladies, I don't not post because I'm not doing well on my diet, I just can't find the time to post on all the boards I moderate here, plus my job, plus my family yadda yadda yadda I read all the post but don't always have time to do personals for everyone ...If I could reach out and give you all a big ol hug every day I would. This board is near and dear to my heart (my baby) so I make sure if I can't post, I sure as heck read and pray for everyone Thank you for being so kind.... I agree... this is what support is about. We here have something so much more than just a diet plan... don'tcha think, so I agree.. weather or not you lose weight should not prevent you from posting... we are so much more than a number on the scale. I've been coming to 3FC's since 1998 (chat boards) and finally registered in 2001, its a 2nd home for me... I just love the people here

Anyway......... again I am off and running, I have to get my passport done and then off to work. Marbear at the moment the only thing different at work is the oodles of announcements... boring lol I guess soon we will find out about site closings. Thanks for asking

Have a great day ladies... you all ROCK !!

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 10-19-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #109  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning, all,
It's beautifully sunny here in Canada today, which is wonderful (especially since it's cool, so not too much sweating!).
For those saying they shouldn't post because they're not losing weight right now, I have to tell you that you all got me to START trying to do something about my weight. I started just reading here a couple of weeks ago. Then I started posting. Then I realised that if you all could post and be supportive and try to do this, then I could try, too.
As I've said in other posts, I'm not killing myself over this. I'm doing CAD, and if I fall off for a day, I'm not going to be beat myself up over it. This is life, not a temporary thing and we all have times when we're really going for it, and times when we're knee deep in ice cream. Both times have their advantages.
Look at it this way - you're coming here, you're reading the posts, you're putting in something when you feel you can. Therefore, you're thinking about the problem you want to solve. That's the first step. It's the thought that counts, and when you're in a place where you can start with one day then you're in the right frame of mind.
And then, when you are ready, you'll have this board as support.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #110  

I miss the days of the daily post....I feel a bit overwhelmed trying to go back to the last time I posted and work my way forward....and feel bad about not acknowledging posts....at least each day is a fresh start...not sure when that changed or why....in the meantime I will post when I can.
Leens does Cathy come anymore?
Oh the good old days when we used to chat too!
Had my 20th wedding anniversary last week....feel like I should still be 25!
Anybody on facebook? That is the new social network since I used to post here.
Have a great day everybody. Clinic day today. Spent the weekend prepping the house for a major reno---house is 17 years old and we have painted once...it is looking tired. We are starting from the basement and working our way up.
Slept poorly last night but hopefully a quick trip to Timmy's on the way to work will fix that!
Have a good one everyone.
Liz
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #111  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Yes, ladies, keep on posting

Yesterday was a rough day for me too, but unlike a couple of months ago it didn't reduce me to tears. I have confidence in my meds, my docs and my own b****y-mindedness: I will come out of this and I will get better

Have just been to the gym which makes me feel good. As I'm not too keen on running in the winter I asked my PT what I could do through the week, and he suggested spinning. Something I've never tried before! So I'll check that out sometime this week - I want to keep my activity levels up as the days get shorter.

Keep going, ladies, please keep going! Knowing that there's a group here who have similar struggles to me is such a wonderful support each day. You (yes, YOU!) have no idea how much you all help me each day
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Thanks guys I guess that makes sense...

I feel crappy that I went and spent money like 2 weeks ago on running sneakers cause the shoes I had i couldnt excercise in cause they hurt my feet...n i have yet to excercise in them...by the time my day is done i havent even thought of excercise...so i got this thing off motivated moms...it has a check list for everything
from doing a random cleaning to making beds to reading the Bible to excercise, to read to children...everything sooo I am going to post it and ATTEMPT to do it!! small starts are good!!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #113  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

The truth is I would be lost most days without having you all as friends. Thank you all for posting and listening to me over the past couple of years.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #114  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning friends boy it's dark out. Remember when it was light at 5:00 am? I miss that! So now I soak up the rays of my Happy Light and think 'brain, get happy!'

I also wish I could personally respond to each and everyone, but even without that, I know we all care and mentally wish that person all the best.

everyone, and enjoy the day if you're feeling good; and hang in there if it's not so great, it eventually WILL get better

( I might ride my motorcycle to work today, that ALWAYS put me in a fantastic mood!)

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-20-2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: stupid sentences! :)
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #115  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

LOL, I thought that the 'reason for editing' box was just for moderators to see, guess not
Old 10-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #116  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning all, just a short post as I managed to slice my hand open moving an aquarium... so typing is a little harder! Just wanted to say Hi! and have a great day today everyone!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #117  
So hungry

S/C/G: 195/194/125

Smile Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
LOL, I thought that the 'reason for editing' box was just for moderators to see, guess not
LOL! Thanks for a giggle
Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies. Not much here, SOS DD. I need to meet with my boss to tell him I won't be coming back after my december vacation. Ick. Oh well, onto to a more rewarding career !

(For all of those a bit lost: I'm student teaching in the spring. So I'm leaving the financial world to teach - which may not be monterarily rewarding, but at least my life will serve a greater purpose. I sure as **** don't serve a greater purpose where I am now!)

Everyone have a great day! Cheers! :huh:

Last edited by marbear24; 10-20-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #119  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Ok, I have to ask - what does sosdd mean?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #120  
on a journey

my anxiety is up today, money is tight but i'm holding my own. trying not to freak out and let things take their course.

The sun is shining, it is supposed to be 60 today. Hope everyone has a great day where ever you are.
Closed Thread