Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #106  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing after such a busy week? Went to Target this morning and it was empty, people wise. Sales bit the big one so I don't know what they were expecting.

Anyway.... going upstairs to clean, so Ill see you all later. Love you !!

Leenie
Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #107  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody, I'm back in town. I hope you all had a good Xmas. I can't believe it's over. This year has flown by.

I have to work tomorrow and then Monday we meet with a realtor to start looking for a new house. We want a larger one with some land. It should be fun.

I did a lot of thinking while I was home about my life. That's usually not a good idea. I am very unhappy with my weight and I'm very unhappy about it causing me to hide from the world and from people I would like to catch up with but who I don't want to see me looking this way. I would be such a different person without this weight. I need to change, I just don't trust myself to do it.

Anyway, I really need to work on many things this year. Anybody else thinking like this over the holidays?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #108  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great Christmas! I actually had a pretty good time, but my schedule has been really off. I'm sooo tired right now!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

just real quick...still here...feel like I have no meds....cry at the drop of a hat, snap at anything, flip out over stupid things, and would sleep ALL day if i could just because. I have only missed one pill in like 2 weeks so its not the meds. Im gonna call on monday to get in cause i need to get a new script before my pills run out but see if it can be upped or something...ok gotta go
Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #110  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

just stopping in to say i don't know if i feel better but i made a choice and am still shaken by everything...thanks for the advice
Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #111  

Height: 5'6"

Howdy everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. Everyone must still be busy.
Our cold snap finally ended and now our temps are closer to the freezing point, so much nicer than the highs of -26*C (-15*F) Our furnace decided it had had enough Friday night. The guy came out this morning and hopefully its fixed. We've been using a kerosene heater and the fumes keep giving me a headache.
Have to get back onto the treadmill on a regular basis, because of basically shutting down while it was so cold I gained back 4 pounds, so have to smarten up. Christmas was nice. There were 9 of us here for dinner so our tiny place was full.

me4life - good luck with whatever you have decided.

momof4 - I know what you mean about the crying at a drop of a hat, I was that way last week, I blamed it on hormones and being over tired.

Hope wow a new home! Sounds like 2009 could be a great year for you

butterfly rest up, New Years Eve is on its way!!

Cathy and Joanne good to see you, its been ages!

Leenie are you getting a chance to kick back and put your feet up?

Sassy, heather hows it going?

Big Hello to everyone else!!

Should get going and see what I can do, there is so much that needs doing I have no idea where to start.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 12-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #112  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

I've managed to get a sinus infection, so I'm not up to much at all. Typical teacher - healthy as a horse from September to December, then sick on holiday! Grrr!

I had to put my elderly cat to sleep today; kindest thing, yes - but heartbreaking.

Talk to you all soon - or in the new year!

Heather
Old 12-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #113  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

So sorry about your kitty Heather! You did the right thing but it is a terrible thing to go through.

I'm disappointed today, the realtor totally forgot about our meeting. It's rescheduled for next week. We went on our own and looked at a house that we loved online and it was completely not what we thought. Then, I asked my friend to check on the insurance job I'm still waiting to hear from and it's still kinda up in the air, but they have put out 2 offers already (there are 3 openings). They haven't heard back from the candidates but I don't know. I don't know what else to do put my name back in front of them again. My desperation couldn't get any worse. Companies here are laying people off left and right.

I think I'm going to go take a bath and try to think of something positive.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #114  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all - drove 2 days through the snow, then slept through the holidays LOL! Spent the holidays with my loving fam, then drove 11 hours home yesteday!

Bfly, Hope, and Lauren - thanks for the congrats I wish I didn't need, but the pat on the back still feels good!

Mof4 - they'd never let you on BL - you're way too adorable and they'd be worried you'd show up the host! No tears on the New Year, ok? You've done SO much this year to be proud of!!!!

Heather - and although it may sound odd, thanks. Letting a pet go when its time is a courageous and VERY noble thing - I bet your kitty-cat is frolicing at ranibow bridge, chasing butterflies as I type.

Oh, and Hopey - here's wishing you a 2009 full of awesome job news. You deserve it my hampster-friend!

So, in 17 days I will be half-way through my 30th year. So much has happened, but I can't help but reflect on all the things I THOUGHT I'd do by the time I was 30 and haven't accomplished. Why do I have to focus on the negative, the empty, the not-yet-done? After all, I've lived. Isn't that enough? OK, sorry - I'll stop waxing philosophical now.

Did I mention to you all that I am so proud of myself? A couple weeks ago I actually had the courage to ask a guy if he liked me. Turns our he didn't, at least not romantically, but I'm still on a high from having broken through my habitual pattern and confronted the issue head-on. I totally rock and, even if you don't know it, so do you all.

LOVE!

Amarie
Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #115  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Happy New Year All!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #116  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I'm sorry to hear about your cat too Heather

Hope4me my fingers are crossed for your insurance job

Amarie good for you on talking to the guy, it's his loss!

Sassy Chick, I like your avatar!

And yes Happy New Year to everyone! I've had a rough year and I'm really ready for this one to be over. I have a lot of plans and hope 2009 will be much better than 2008!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #117  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Heather get well soon!

Happy early birthday Amarie! Hope its a good one

Life here is horrible. My family rarely argue but this xmas they have, everybody is on edge and snappy. I've been reading in my room mostly over the holidays because every time I leave I feel that I've done something awful. Hope it all settles soon, if not I may consider staying with a friend for a week or two.

Last edited by Spoz; 12-30-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #118  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! I am new to this thread. I have been doing okay lately but I feel like the anti-depressant I am on isn't working. I have been on Paxil for two months now and I don't think it is helping. I was on Zoloft of and on for 8 years and it did help some with my depression but not my anxiety and panic attacks. It sure is frustrating. I guess I will have to try something different to see if it helps. Winter is always the worst for me anyway with all the dark days, it really hinders my mood.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #119  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Everyone

Hope: I can so relate to your post! My weight loss has pretty much stalled, and I did a LOT of overeating during the holidays. All any of us can do is one small step at a time..one day at a time! I'm sorry the realtor forgot your meeting

Mom of 4: PLEASE see your doctor and get those meds straightened out! You have a whole lot on your plate, but you can't take care of everyone else without taking care of YOU!

Buddly: Thanks for the welcome back!

Heather: I'm sorry that you had to say goodbye to your cat . It's so hard to let go of a loved pet.

Amarie: You have a right to be proud! You really do rock.

Sassy: I love Garfield! Where did you find him!

Spoz: I'm sorry that you had a lot of drama w/your family. Been there, done that Getting away for a while is a good idea!

Love to everyone!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #120  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello All.

Hi Leenie!!!

Hope -- Hey girl! Yes I am on the same wave length as you. Trying to change myself to be happier, inside and out. I wish you luck with all you want to acheive! We too want to find a house or condo, to rent. I wish you luck in your search!!!

Momof4: I hope that you can get your meds upped or find some way to feel better. I have been there many times. Lemme know if you need to talk!

me4life -- hello and I wish you well!

Amarie -- you do rock, totally!

Thanks Butterfly. I like it too. I think you are new here? I am Sassy. I haven't been very active in here lately. I have been sick and oh so busy with the holidays and all........Good to meet ya!

Lauren -- Extra Big GF. So sorry things are so horrible for you. Anytime you wanna chat, just lemme know, k?

Hello and 2ndchance09!! I have been on Wellbutrin XL 300 mg for a few years now and it has totally helped me! Maybe you could ask your dr about it??? I wish you luck. I know it totally stinks feeling that way!

Heather -- I'm so sorry my dear friend for your loss of your dear sweet Kitty. I too had to have my dear sweet Puddy put to sleep. He was in so much pain, as hard as it was to say goodbye to him, it was even harder to see him in so much pain, so I can sympathize. UGH I just got over being sick. It totally stinks for sure!! Esp over the holidays! I hope you get well soon!

I hope everybody out there has a wonderful New Year and I hope it brings to you all the wonderful things you deserve! You all are very special people!!
Closed Thread