Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #1  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Unhappy HI I am new and new some support!

HI Iam new to 3fc,but not to dieting.I started counting calories this summer,and for the first time in a long time,I was on track.I was motivated and doing well.I went from 326 to255. Then in the middle of Dec. my dog took a heart attack right in front of me and I could not help him.He had problems and was on medication.He just started a new medicine for lless than 3 weeks.I knew his heart was bad,but I was told he would be alright for a while.I am not doing well at all.My Dr. put me on Lexapro and Alprazolam.I just feel so sad, and guilty that I should of saw some signs and that I could not help him. Even though my weight is the last thing I am worried about now,I don't want to gain all those lbs. back.I am finding myself going back to my old eating habits.Thanks for listening.Tracy
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Tracy big so sorry about your pup. Its so hard when they go. He was on medication so you were doing something.
And there is so much support here. This site is full of wonderful and understanding people its a great place to come to.
Congrats on your weight loss as well, what an excellent job.
I hope the medications help you, its so hard to find the right ones and doses.
Take care of yourself especially while you are grieving. And I hope to get to know you better.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi and welcome to 3FC and am also sooo very sorry about your pup we lost ours of 12 years this August, it is so hard. Hang in there, take your meds, and discuss with your doctor any concerns! It always helps me to visit here often, the support is so great
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry I also lost my angel-pup last May. Still cry when I think of her. I'm glad your here with us, we'd love to see you on the monthly chat, the girls there are wonderful, and we'd love to hear about your awesome weight loss.

Last edited by Leenie; 01-03-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/140/137

Height: 5'5"

so sorry about your dog. it is so hard. but do not let this get in the way of maintaining your loss or continuing it. overeating does not solve anything I have found. you will just feel worse after you eat. I know, I have to keep from overeating everyday, but it is such a good feeling to be a healthy weight. you can do this. get back on your program, maybe stay off the scale, take some walks to stay active, and watch your portions. you can do this. I am sure you have been thru worse.

I just keep saying to myself, ' you can knock me down but I am going to keep getting back up'. just like our pups would.

good luck
brunellobabe is offline   Reply With Quote