Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #46  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Well, foo. Yesterday went from plodding to full-blown yech in a big way. Picking myself up, dusting myself off and buckling down - I WILL survive finals week.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #47  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Trishn222, Eva is a beautiful name

Buddly I love baking!

Spoz I went through a similar situation during my last semester at college…it seems overwhelming at times but hang in there

I've had an okay week so far, but I’m ready for the weekend.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #48  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm feeling pretty down about my looks lately. I went to a pharmacy to fill a prescription yesterday and sat looking at myself on a camera moniter for 15 minutes while they looked for my meds. The image was horrific. I didn't even recognize that person looking back at me. I usually avoid looking at myself that long b/c I know it's a mistake (and I was right).

Anywho, life goes on. Tomorrow I get to close at work! Yippee! Working till 9pm, it just doesn't get any better.

Guess I'm still just plodding along. How about y'all?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #49  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

No news - thinking of you all!

Heather
Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I think I am sliding off the deep end.all i have done is flipped out the last two days over everything...yesterday someone made me cry and then the rest of the day all i wanted to do was cry. I start a seasonal job at blockbuster tonight. Of course when I went to the training the only size shirt he had was a Large. I can fit it but it has to be tucked in and my stomach looks SOOOO bad because well just because it does...I am too embarrassed to say I need a bigger size...OH and yeah you have to wear a belt. Yeah fat girls dont fit belts. Actually I had one a while ago that fit but since we moved i haven't been able to find it. I got a 2xl belt and it fits the last set of holes....EWWW I hate being fat completely hate it.....So yeah go figure what did I do last night after the awful day I had everything including the shirt looking stupid the belt barely fitting...I ate like 3 or 4 fudge rounds.....Cause I mean really thats going to help me get skinny...right..... BLAHHHH.....ok well I got sooo much stuff I need to be doing so I am going to go.

Last edited by momof4under5; 12-11-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #51  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
... and sat looking at myself on a camera moniter for 15 minutes while they looked for my meds. The image was horrific. I didn't even recognize that person looking back at me.
Hi Hope This struck a chord with me, you could have been talking out of my memory. I'm not sure if there is anything worse than looking in the mirror and not seeing your true self look back. For what its worth - I have no idea what you look like but I know how beautiful you are inside. So, just remember you are loved unconditionally, whether you look like a supermodel or a ghoul.

Mof4 to you too! I hear you on the belt thing, and they feel so comfy when you sit down and they cut into your stomach ... I bet you that no one will even notice the way your shirt fits at work - after all, they'll be so taken with your smile and how helpful and kind you are.

My life is spiraling out of control, but I'm neither going to chase it or run away... no matter how much I want to. I only get one chance to experience what is going on, so I might as well not waste it fighting it.

Can I share a quote I heard yesterday that I really love? "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." --- Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 12-11-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #52  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Today for me is a bad day. Don't really know what more to say except my thoughts are with everybody else who is feeling the same, we'll all pull through.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #53  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Guess we all are struggling. #1 I am sick and #2 its my DH's bday today. Also I'm having a Bday Party for him on Saturday so I can't be sick right now! UGH!

Also people are just getting on my last freaking nerve! Maybe I expect too much out of people. But I can't stand people who complain about something stupid when all I did was try to do something nice for them! So yeah next year.....I'm being Scrooge.........BAH HUMBUG! Why should I waste my time and money on people who do not appreciate it? Totally ridiculous when there are needy people out there who do need things and DO appreciate it! So next year I'm only giving those in need.

May sound whiny or childish or whatever.......but frankly? I just do not care! I am so done with caring about what people think!!!!!!!!!

I'm just over it.

Big to those who need it right now!! I soooooo feel you. PM me if you need to talk.

You know it is truly amazing how one person can totally change how your feeling. I had someone just totally make me feel better. I just wanna say I guess that is why I love it here. So many kind and warm people!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-11-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #54  
Starting Again

Thank you Amarie, I appreciate it. I'm sure all of us here have been there. I just have to live with it until I decide to change it. Is it your exams that are stressing you out?

Momof4, been there too. I always look at uniforms before I apply for a job. I don't even apply if you are required to tuck your shirt in, unless you have an appron to wear over it or something. I haven't had a belt in at least 7 years. They do suck when you're fat b/c they just disappear between the rolls. Sorry you are dealing with this. On a positive note, I hope you enjoy getting out of the house and having some time for yourself. Congrats on getting the job, I know even part-time jobs here are hard to come by.

Hugs to Sassy and Spoz and everyone else.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

thanks MeA you made me smile....lol
Hope yeah I didnt really think about it because I was a regluar customer worked & they with my schedule, seasonal oh well I guess i will make

OK gotta get moving here...lata girls!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #56  

Hello,
I'm sorry everyone is feeling kind of down....I have bdd so I know all about appearance issues. Hopefully this weekend will allow us some time to relax and be refreshed
Old 12-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #57  
Starting Again

Hi everybody,

I was off today so we slept in, went out to breakfast, and saw a movie (The Day the Earth Stood Still--not bad). Now df has gone out and I need to do some modules on the computer for my tax job. I find that I really enjoy time alone, I just wish I had more of it. Since df's work has slowed some he is usually off when I am, though that isn't much. Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time to have together time and time alone. I shouldn't complain though b/c I'm lucky to have somebody and lucky to have a job.

Tomorrow night I'm going out with friend's to celebrate one of their b-days. That should be fun. Anybody else have any plans for the weekend?

Butterfly: What is bdd?

Last edited by hope4me; 12-12-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #58  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Very Tired.............

Hi All.

A very tired Sassy here.

Going to bed.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-12-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
Butterfly: What is bdd?
Bdd stands for body dysmorphic disorder, and along with that ppl often have depression and a bit of social anxiety. Basically I have a really bad body/self image (my weight issue just makes it worse) and I'm kind of obssesive compulsive about my appearance to the point where it affects every area of my life.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #60  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

How is everyone today. SOSDD here

Have a great weekend.

Leenie

Closed Thread