Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

I am having a really hard week right now. I'm just feeling really down and depressed and I've had a lot of horrible stuff happen to some of my students this week, including one who had to leave school for the psych ward. It's been rough. And everyone keeps asking if I'm okay, so I just say "no" and smile tiredly and move on with my half-life.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

shopaholic, i was seriously psyched about the b-day thing. awesome! i really, really want to be feeling and looking better by april 29.

emmyroo, i hope things look up for you. do you get to have some rest over the weekend?

i've been making bad choices lately. i might discuss later, at the moment my head is pounding and i think i'll take a motrin and head to sleep.

enjoy the weekend, ladies!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #48  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Emmyroo~I hope things start to get better soon. I'm sorry about your students. My mom was a teacher for 25 years, I know she'd get worried about her students all the time.

Iris~I know, I'm so excited about the birthday thing too. That is just too cool. If you ever wanna talk PM me. Do you have a myspace? You can add me too if you do. I'm ALWAYS online.

Alright..I'm gonna go eat my dinner and take some advil for my backpain. Thats what I get for sleeping all weird. I'll be back laters!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 03-28-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:48 AM   #49  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Emmy: hope all gets better

I had a full day of overeating and regretting. I did walk outside for an hour though. I hope to get it together this weekend. How many times have I said this very thing just this week?

Chat more tomorrow.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

When my depression acts up, it manifests itself as insomnia. So today was going to be my one day to sleep in, when lo and behold, an irate mother called me around 8 this morning to chew me out for reporting something that I had to report! After 20 minutes of trying to stay calm while she chewed me out, I hung up and tried to fall back asleep, only to have her call again 10 minutes, beginning with the words, "Let me get this straight."

Did I mention that I was on duty last night until 1am? So much for making up the sleep I've lost OVER HER DAUGHTER'S PROBLEMS this week.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #51  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Yesterday was our Easter (b/c we were all sick last weekend) so I didn't have time to post much. It was a good day except I ate so much garbage my stomach still hurts this morning... WHAT WAS I THINKING???? uggggh.

Today its cooking for the crew and laundry...maybe a trip to the store..we'll see.

Heather hope your feeling better soon.

Emmy hope today is better for you....sorry your mom treated you like that.

Hope I say the same thing every weekend too.... when will we learn lol.

Marie Orlando sounds dreamy..... I hope your enjoying the weather. I think its 39 degrees today LOL.

Jerzygal those fast food calories are insane for what you get...although 1400 for the day w/fast food is really good.

Shop glad your feeling better.... dontcha just hate it when you sleep wrong and your neck is out of whack for a few days ugggh.

Iris..hope your feeling better too. I've been making bad choices as well Lets hope this week is better.

Sassy.........where ya been girl.

Cathy ......... hope your trip was fun...let us know when you get home.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #52  
I was born this way hey!

I dont have much to say today. Dh came home and is a BAD influence on me!!! LoL!!! I'm so happy I dont have a hangover today. I'm gonna have to bust my butt today for sure!!!!!!

Oh ya..hows this for sucky. I cant eat cereal anymore because the lactose milk that I buy makes me sick!!!!!! I cant use regular milk and I cant use lactose milk. What should I do??????? I love my cereal!!! I dont wanna eat it dry though!!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #53  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi gals!

Francie - soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk maybe? I hope you find something you can sub, I love my cereal too!

Leenie - in that case happy Easter!

Emmy - ugh. Sorry about the student's mom. I have real problems sleeping when I'm down, too. I am now all about lavender bubble-bath and a lavender eye-pillow when that comes on! Get some rest sweety! And turn the ringer off

So I realized something today. I've been going to this same meeting every quarter for 3 years, and this is the first time I don't feel ugly and disgusting! I can walk down the hall and smile at people and not want to melt into the wall. Isn't that kinda sad, yet happy too? I love prozac and weightloss!

Hope, Iris, Jersey, Cathy, Buddly, Heather, Sassy et al, Sorry I don't have time to say more, but I'm thinkin of ya!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #54  
Steps on this journey...

Emmyroo: I totally understand. I have gone from 2-3 nights of waking up in midsleep, to getting 2-3 nights a week of sleeping through the night.

For me, not getting enough sleep makes me SO crabby and I make tons of stupid stupid mistakes and then I get very mad at myself. I don't make much sense. I started Celexa about 1.5 months ago but haven't noticed any difference in mood or sleep.

I took this weekend and didn't get on the computer, shut off cell phone, blackberry and pager. Unfortunately, I also took the weekend off from exercising (for the first time in 6 months) and I ate Chinese takeout on Friday. I feel like I've slipped back to my comfort eating habits. But tomorrow is another day, right? I am hoping I'll be relaxed enough to sleep through the night tonight...
TheBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #55  

Height: 5' 5"

thank you all for the encouragement. I was away from a computer for the weekend and it's nice to come back to you all.
jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I dont have much to say today. Dh came home and is a BAD influence on me!!! LoL!!! I'm so happy I dont have a hangover today. I'm gonna have to bust my butt today for sure!!!!!!

Oh ya..hows this for sucky. I cant eat cereal anymore because the lactose milk that I buy makes me sick!!!!!! I cant use regular milk and I cant use lactose milk. What should I do??????? I love my cereal!!! I dont wanna eat it dry though!!
soy milk is delicious...especially the vanilla flavor on cheerios or other non-sugar cereals!

i used to serve rice milk to the children i nannied for and it was fine on cereal also.

goood luck!!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Jerzygal those fast food calories are insane for what you get...although 1400 for the day w/fast food is really good.
No! I didn't have fast food! I started adding up calories on FitDay and was surprised because I had consciously eaten well. I can't imagine what my calories are when I DO eat fast food!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #58  
I was born this way hey!

Amarie & Jerzy~Soy milk really wont mess with my stomach? I dont wanna buy something and then just get really sick and not finish it..
Old 03-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #59  

Lactose is from dairy milk (and I think other milks made by mammals).

Plant milks don't contain or require the same enzymes and are digestable by people who are lactose intolerant. So soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, etc. are good alternatives.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #60  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Well... I can't guarantee that they won't upset your tum, but it certainly won't be because of lactose intolerance.

I'm actually soy intolerant, but then I'm ok with animal milk, so its not an issue for me. Go figure, huh?

I have heard silk brand soy milk is highly reccomended, and I've seen it in the dairy case is small cartons, so maybe you could try one of those first to make sure you like? Good luck!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote