Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Default New to this particular section of 3FC

HI, have visited here before on other sections of the 3FC's. Haven't been here in awhile though. The depression section fits because although I'd always known I had depression and ANXIETY all of my life......about 6 mos ago I had some whopper panic attacks and felt worse than I ever had. Well..... that may not be true, I've felt pretty lousy before but always thought I could 'get through it'.

This last time, I'd had it--went to see a doc, and got on Lexapro. I finally feel sane.

However I had really let the ole' diet and exercise slide (plus menopause, plus age), and then once put on Lex. gained yet another 8# or so. Inching up toward 200 and I'm pretty short. Nothing fits. Have to stop having ice cream every darn night. Also, I always had WAY low blood pressure, and last time at the doc--high. CHOL is through the roof.... AND I was a gestational diabetic, which means I'm not diabetic NOW, but have a bigger chance of getting to be diabetic, given my age and weight now.

I filled out the BIO sticky,...so there ya have it. I'm ready to do something before I kill myself with this.
chervata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #2  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Join us in our Weekly Chat thread or Chick Chat. There are some great folks there!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Will do, hope4me. Looks as though you are doing nicely on your tracker (ticker). We have the same goal weight. Good luck to both of us!
chervata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cheryl

We're happy to have you with us. The chicks meet on the weekly thread...I hope you can join us there.

I'm glad you went to the doc and found the right meds.... its a difficult thing to do .... go to the doc and make that first step that is

I'm not an ice cream fan but if I have some in the house, I won't rest until its all gone and it easily becomes a habit before bed (especially butter pecan)... OY.... now cake on the other hand IS my weakness

See ya on the weekly
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #5  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

howdy cheryl,
I too am on lexapro and I have gained weight. I am hungry all the time. I too have depression with high anxiety. I'm 44 so add the perimenopausal crapola and there ya have it! An aging chubby chick.
I feel hungry all the time too and I JUST HAVE TO HAVE what ever I crave. I have to learn how to control this.. Our stats are very similar. Keep posting!!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote