Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/175.5/160

Height: 5.5

Wink Following Therapists Advise

Since I sometimes get into the attitude that the world sucks, my therapist has suggested that I create a list on a daily basis of things I am grateful for. I have been trying to do so in my journal, but I am having a hard time sticking to it... I figure if I put it on here & then read what others are grateful for it will help tremendously. Here goes:

Today I feel grateful for:
-having good insurance that covers most of the cost of my therapist
-having lost 4.5 lbs this week, even though it was hard work!
-getting to vote for a new president
-my wonderful friends
-this website
LovemyPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

I agree that it is good to post what you are thankful for. Dh asks why I started blogging and basically, I told him something similar. Great job on the huge weight loss this week; you rock!
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

WAY TO GO on the weightloss AND your positive attitude !!!! I know it does help and I give you HUGE props for doing it. I wish I could - I am wallowing right now and can't seem to pull myself out. GOOD FOR YOU GIRL !!!!!!
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #4  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

gratitude journaling is a great way to improve mood. It is very easy to fall into a "bad" mood, especially when you have obstacles
Mine for today
to have the money to go to a movie
the health of my family
my childrens great sense of humor
that our bird is healthy after an accident
that our elderly dog is still with us despite having lung cancer
my parents are healthy and they are still with me
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchyonadiet View Post
WAY TO GO on the weightloss AND your positive attitude !!!! I know it does help and I give you HUGE props for doing it. I wish I could - I am wallowing right now and can't seem to pull myself out. GOOD FOR YOU GIRL !!!!!!
Well sad to say I've had a few bad days since this original post.. but getting back into the groove... argh!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepansy912 View Post
gratitude journaling is a great way to improve mood. It is very easy to fall into a "bad" mood, especially when you have obstacles
Mine for today
to have the money to go to a movie
the health of my family
my childrens great sense of humor
that our bird is healthy after an accident
that our elderly dog is still with us despite having lung cancer
my parents are healthy and they are still with me
Can I ask what kind of accident your bird had? I'm glad he/she is okay thought. I just immediately thought "what could that be".. sorry being nosey..
Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #7  

okay... today I'm grateful for
-the awesome people who responded to this
-my awesome friend who bought me subway for lunch b/c she knows I'm trying to save money
-the job security I currently have.. there was a scare recently that has now passed
Old 03-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5 53/4

Cool Gratitude

Sometimes we have to use the fonts to show our appreciation because words can't always do it.

Today is a wonderful day for me. I made homeade bread for DH. Annnd we had a bald eagle right in our backyard by the patio door 5 times today. I got rid of all my frozen meat that was over due. Usually we do this with grain etc for the crows, but they do like a treat of meat too of course. So when DH threw out last night's chop that I wouldn't eat, the Eagle just came off his perch and swooped down and got it. Talk about close up. An incredibly masterful and inspiring bird. Later today I found some other old meat I forgot to throw to the crows (never figuring the Bald Eagle would come back, and he did, we were even lucky to catch it on film. We do feed all birds, so this was just magnificent. It made my day.

As well I had a great workout for the first time in awhile, I love the gym, the sweat the tunes and being able to be social.

Tonight we will have a munchy supper and go to bed early since I see my Physciatrist tommorrow. It's been a rocky month, but I see blue sky.

Nice to have this thread to do, maybe we should start one just called Gratitude Thread???? I'm new here, just thought it might be a good place to be.

Cheers everyone,

KC
KCbytheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

LoveMyPuppies, you could add to your list that you've got gorgeous great hair! really!

for me - I am thankful that I CAN exercise, as hard as I want. I don't have any health issues keeping me from it. Just laziness, and wanting to stay in my comfort zone.

I am thankful for my family, my husband and two boys. We have fun together.

I am thankful for my motorcycle, if spring ever gets here so i can ride! argh!

and I'm thankful that we're both employed, and that we have enough that I can buy good food groceries (skinless chicken breasts, lean ground beef, lots of veggies and fresh fruits)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote