Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #106  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Think I forgot to Post that reading about Michelle's work outs completely exhausted me! WOW!

W = Water
E = Exercise
E = Eating (I think)
D = Daily Goals

Hi All!
Hope you're better by now rowdy!

I'm iced in and just logging in and out quickly - had a Wreck with some Peanut Butter and Graham Cracker - so trying to get Beyond Busy - to avoid the Siren Song of Boredom Eating!

ttyal!

STAY WARM!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #107  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Shari~ it stands for Water, Exercise, Eats, Daily goals.

Aud we posted at the same time!! Take care!!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #108  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Stopating: Congrats on the 2 pound loss!!!!! and good luck on the interview.

Julie: I sure know and understand about the frustrations of losing only a pound a week, but I have to remind myself that I will be watching what I eat and exercising for the rest of my life to keep off the weight. But I sure wish I was in maintenance mode!!

Suz: take care of yourself!! a couple days of rest will do you some good.

My shopping trip was very fruitful!! I have 3 of 10 extra kids DONE! (although 3 will get $$ in a card because that is what they like, hmph teenagers!) So I have to shop for 4 more. 2 are babies, so they will be easy!, the other 2 are getting Books. So I am almost done!! The Mervyns' in WA and OR are closing their stores so everything is 50-75% off, so wee did pretty good damage. Spent a little more than I wanted to but we got each of the kids 3 outfits plus a little dance body suit for Makenna (who wants to take ballet.) Its nice we spent $10 more than the amount we saved.
On to my eating day!!! I was afraid that I would way over eat since we were going to be shopping but I didn't. I haven't added up my calories, but I did a 1/2 protein shake for breakfast, and a plain old salad with some cheese for lunch, a 16 oz sugar free/non-fat latte, then for dinner I had a nice salad, 4 oz salmon, 1/4 cup of deep fried clams, and california mixed veggies. I did have a desert too, but I shared half of it with my little man. I was very happy with my choices. We went to a buffet, which is always a bad idea, but I saw so many people overeating it truly made me not want to...is that bad?? When I saw plates that were piled 6 inches high and everything touching, I shuddered to think that used to be me. SIGH, I hope that didn't make me sound like a bad person.
Also spent 60 minutes exercising!

W: 80 oz
E: 35 min (today is my long work day)
E: 1300 cals
D: Get my christmas tree!!
Old 12-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #109  
Christine's damn thyroid

S/C/G: 202/180/150

Height: 5'7''

Angry

Well, this week has been all bad news for me.

I have gotten to the point that I'm getting upset so much with gaining weight that eating and not doing anything seems to be how I fix it, which as you all know only makes it worse.

My school does not offer any gym classes because the state took the requirement away, and they decided to not even keep the classes. There is a gym at my school, about a 15 min walk from my room, but man is it cold! Today it got down into the low 30s/feels like 25 aaccording to weather.com. That was def not a motivation for me to go.

My friends arent helping. One keeps saying shes dieting with me and will exercise with me, but then everytime I go into her room there she is with her chips and cookies, and when I ask to go exercise...it always seems to be her nap time. SO there is no help there.

I duno. I feel like such a jerk for letting my excuses get to me, but I feel like I'm at this alone. I know all of you guys are here for support, but when there isnt anyone physically there, ITS TOUGH!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #110  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Exciting!

So today I weighed in and I am down 2 pounds from Thursday! I am now only nine pounds away from my goal when I can go wedding dress shopping! I am super excited because when I hit that goal, I am half way to my over-all goal!! I just had to share with people who actually understand how difficult this is! All of my friends are skinny and they don't get how hard it is to have to consider every bite of food that you put in your mouth!
I am hoping to have the motivation to work out this coming week because I have to lose about 3 pounds a week to hit my goal. I think I can do it if I work out!
Yay!
Thanks for listening!
Lara
Old 12-03-2006, 06:35 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Miss Hawthorne - You are doing great! Keep up the good work and send pics of the wedding dress.

Chrispi31 - I've been exactly where you are and I know its tough. I do not like the cold (and I live in Michigan ). When I had days like that, there were four flights of stairs in my dorm and I would make myself walk up and down them. I would try to increase my goal and do it several times throughout the day. It's really good exercise, you don't need to go outside, and people are coming and going so your not all alone. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Count me in!

Signing up a little late, but better than never. Am so glad to see my Thanksgiving Challenge buddies here and doing so well!

Current weight: about 177
Goal weight: about 173

I am not on any specific plan, just trying to make smarter food choices, eat a bit less, and exercise more. Have been derailed from exercise by a couple of stupid injuries but am easing back in. Smarter food choices include lean proteins like white meat chicken, lean beef and pork cuts, lots of seafood; lots of veggies; whole grains rather than processed grains. Used to count calories and have lost on 1500-1800 a day. So I monitor portions and aim for somewhere in that range per day.

I don't have a lot of computer right now but will try to check in a couple of times a week.

Am looking forward to this!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #113  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ho New Year-New You'ers!

w - not enuf
e - barely
e - yes
d - sort of

LOL!!!!

"weed" IS bringing me clarity! WOW man!!!

Got out of the Ice Age yesterday but STILL stayed pretty inactive. Made Play Dough with my 9 yr old type day.

DETERMINED to get a better WEED on today - as I watch NFL!

chrispi---put a whistle and a small can of mace on your key ring and get thy buttt to the campus gym! See if any of your classes are on "audio" - strap them on your head and HIT IT! Make NEW friends with similar interests (AT THE GYM) and schedule work out times. Stepping down: (Hoping to motivate you better than I do myself!!!)

miss hawthorne---so true about "considering every bite"--gonna use that as a mantra for awhile!!! Congrats to you girl!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #114  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lolololol that was funny!!!!

I needed that, havin a rough week and it showed on the scale Im sad to say. when i'm done with this week i promise i'll get back to exercising. Now i'm so busy that all I do is sleep and try to get house stuff done in the am before work....

guess i should start growin my own WEED!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #115  
Im not fat im fluffy

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'3

Well im down 10 lbs.. so im now shooting for another 5 lbs for christmas! that will be exciting
Old 12-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #116  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi chelseamb---there you are! Haven't seen you in awhile-pop on over to the weekly discussion threads and catch up!! Let us know how you're doing!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

Ohh I want to join!
My name is Angela I am 23 and have 2 beautiful girls Clover (17 months) and Violet (2 months) and an amazing husband!
Currently my weight is: 178
And my goal for Jan 1 is :168

Which I think is doable because the easy baby weight is still coming off it's always the last few pounds that will kill me!
Closed Thread