Old 11-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #46  
Im not fat im fluffy

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'3

I am chelsea

my jan 1st goal weight is 230
my current weight is 250

total to lose... 20.

Now ... dun dun dun... is that attainable?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #47  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Again Everyone!

What a KickBooty Thread! Very motivational/informational and all kinds of "als!!!" LOL! RowdyB, you are a Great Thread/Challenge Hostess and bless your heart for the pro-bono work! (Why not re-gift/pass along the Xmas Candy/Food Gifts to that client? Or is that unethical/impossible? Just a thought.)

Well my week of Holiday/Lay-Off is coming to an end - back to the salt mine tomorrow night. Bad time to be in manufacturing - more lay offs to come and down weeks. Threats to move the work to Mexico/Asia/whatEVAH. I'm glad to have found this remarkable forum - I'm motivated to make healthy choices/decisions on what to do with all this extra time and during the financial uncertainty/STRESS. Tx again everyone!

I've been reaching my low carb/high protein goals but gonna kick it up a notch tomorrow when I return to work by hitting the gym and getting some circuits in. Also gonna finish out the week with some "cleaner" proteins - chicken and fishies.

As a 2nd shifter - I've never been big on breakfast are never really certain WHEN I should have it LOL! (Tastes just as good at 3am, you know?) But I got smart and started having either a Protein Fiber Shake about an hour after I get up, or at least a lc Yogurt to start the day. Love me some Blue Bunny LC Yogurt! I'm trying to get more water in the morning due to reading this site--totally addicted to COFFEEEEEEEE!

Haven't got everyone's name yet--but just want to say the kids are darling. I've got a 20 yr olod red head AND a 9 yr old FIREBALL---both girls that are the joy of my life.

I'm loving reading everyone's Posts and already saw that losing4another and I have the SAME WEIGHT--starting AND current! Too weird! We CAN DO THIS GF!

(So can you Chelsea!)

Folks posting about the elliptical made me think of the Jessica Simpson/Daisy Duke commercial where she rattles off something about cable tv and then says "I totally have no idea what that is but I want it!"
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #48  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lolol it's sad that the role of Daisy Duke makes her seem so much smarter than she really is!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #49  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

FOUL On holyteror!

No SPEW Alert!

*wiping off monitor*
Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

Default hi

hello can I join

current weight 209
by Jan 1, 2007 200 baby ya

we can do this
G
Old 11-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #51  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh no need to worry Suz I won't be buying that elliptical anytime soon Suz, no money no space to put it. I am so excited for you that scale was no fluke, I can't wait til you post the numbers.

Holy terror I too am a lifelong Cowboy fan. My dad was a crazy, lunatic Cowboy fan as I was growing up (I'm 43 now). And since he had no sons or maybe just because - it rubbed off on me. And I'm also Just 5 feet tall. But naturally you're a llot smaller then me. I don't think I've ever seen another 5 foot person at my weight, or should I say my previous weight? I think that's quite a bit to have in common with someone on a message board, no?

Aud, sorry to hear about the job woes. And 2md shift must be tough. It seems a lot of you drink these protein shakes for breakfast. I myself like to eat my calories rather then drink them, I find it more satisfying. And making better choices - that's what it's all about. So simple, ha. I have 3 daughters, oldest just turned 19 and she is a semi-redhead.

Chelselamb hi and welcome, yeah that does seem like a lot to lose in 5 weeks. But hey ya never know........

gggbdomino, it's good to have you on board and you are so right - WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Have a great day everyone. Talk to ya later. And let's remember WE CAN DO THIS. WE REALLY CAN!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #52  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Well, better late than never.. Jeni, the kids are sooo cute. I have 3, ages 7,5, and 3 and they are such a handful. They are skating in the Christmas parade this Saturday with the hockey club (the two oldest), so I'll try to get a picture. It's great to see everyone, and I can't wait to see how our challenge turns out. I love these things! I weighed in this morning.. I know, it's wierd, but Wednesdays are usually my official days. I was 2 lbs down, so maybe I'll make that 17lb goal after all.. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #53  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys~I got really behind reading the posts!! Let me see if I can catch up!

Welcome newcomers! Can't wait to get to know you all better, shall we go with a weekly discussion thread? Maybe every Friday, after weigh-in? Or Mondays, begin the week?

Jeni----I LOVE those babies!!! They just melt my heart xoxoxoxxoox, too darling, my DS (7 yr old now!) is a redhead too, DD is a toehead.

RockinRobin I just wanted to say that I AM PROUD OF YOU! I really feel like I've seen an incredible transformation in you-you're so on track and so motivated, I see you all over this site encouraging others and inspiring everyone. PINKEYE AGAIN!!?!?! That's just your luck!!

RowdyBliss---as usual you are my exercise inspiration! I'm right with you with all that enthusiasm for the workout, but you always articulate yourself so well.

My turn to BRAG---I decided to go another route with my weight loss. So I started back on track MONDAY, I love to start over on Mondays, and I'm on vacation this week. So I slept Monday(worked Sun night) and woke up-healthy breakfast around 2 and went straight to the gym-did my usual 30 min elliptical, 30 min weights, 15 min abs, 15 min cardio (today cross trainer). Felt FABULOUS and motivated to go! My eye caught the sign for the gym's aerobics classes(free to members even!) and decided that I would come back that same night for Intermediate Kickboxing class.....IT WAS AWESOME! OMG I thought I was working out before, but with an instructor, my butt got KICKED! Not to mention that was the second workout of the day! Food stayed in check, had a grilled chicken salad with lots of veggies, NO CHEESE, and my ff dressing, and some apple wedges for snack. Lots of water.

Day 2-Tuesday, Had doctor's appt, no big deal, decided to hit the gym for the Body Sculpting class 9:30 am and WOW it was harder than the kickboxing class the night before! Felt so good, went home and cleaned my whole house. Had some time before the kids got home so went to the club and played some poker---did good, didn't even have any beer! LOL, do I sound like a lush? Had a good breakfast and Subway turkey on wheat for lunch (NO CHEESE) and subbed apples for the baked chips, TONS of water, for dinner, salad with veggies and a can of shredded chicken (was feeling lazy I guess). THEN---went to circuit training at the gym with my trainer in the Big Loser Contest. (Remember, I joined this contest at my gym and thought it would be just weigh in and lose and weigh out, then my trainer/team leader called me up and said she would be hosting training sessions several times a week that I would be expected to attend) So I went to that and I swear I've never worked that hard in my entire life!!! I thought I'd been working hard, sweating up a storm, but my whole body literally wobbled I worked it so hard.

So I'll definitely be going back Thursday. But honestly I doubt I can get any workout in today (Wednesday) my body is too sore and if I can keep my food in check I should be okay with this day of rest. 2 workouts a day for 2 days in a row was just too much. Maybe I'll get some activity in that's not exercise, like shampoo the carpets or shop the mall or something. Keeping my food in check is the bigger challenge right now. Like when you're starting over, the cravings are killing me, I just need to conquer and get in control.

Breakfast for me is usually WW English Muffin or 2 slices WW whole wheat bread with RF peanut butter ( I prefer crunchy) and FF/SF jelly, and some form of fruit, usually a banana...4oz OJ and usually a couple cups of coffee (my pot only makes 4 cups at a time, I usually sip at the whole thing over the course of the morning) And yes, I switched to FF creamer, a huge change for me, since I used to be all about the whole fat 1/2 and 1/2.

Yes, you guys would LOVE an elliptical, for the reasons already mentioned, low impact, easy on the knees, and you're like running and using your whole body. But I'd be worried about the price, you wouldn't want an el cheapo one of these. I'd rather go to the gym anyways, you can mix it up and try other machines, in case you get bored easily. I'm not one for working out at home though, I get easily distracted and it's too easy to just go sit down instead. But I am thinking about doing these Turbo Jam videos and also I have a ball and band workout I've been thinking about trying. Especially since my muscles hurt so much from these last two days.

ITS GOOD TO BE BACK ON TRACK! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Sorry so long winded, can't wait to jump back in here and get this challenge going!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 AM   #54  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow Michelle, that post was just awesome, oh so inspiring. And thanks for the kind words, but I gotta tell you my weightloss has slowed down so I think it's time for me to face reality and hit the gym. I'm begining to think I might actually enjoy the gym. You are all such a good influence on me, I'm getting really close. You sound like you are in a good place with the exercise AND the food. Really glad to hear it.

I agree I think we should have a separate thread every week, Mondays sound good to me, the weekends are pretty slow around here, but whatever everyone else wants is fine with me.

deeinthekeys, 2 lbs down - awesome!!!

By the way Jeni, I also like your WEED thingy. But just imagine if I tell my teenage daughters - I'm doing WEED everyday, hmmm.

ttyl. bye.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #55  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Michelle, you're too funny - and so upbeat and positive, a real boon to our challenges! I'm so glad you're with us. I think that you wear the crown of Exercise Queen this week! I'm exhausted just reading your post! Good for you for whomping your own butt, though - I bet it feels great! Don't feel too bad about taking today off from exercise; if your body's telling you "no," then you're doing a good thing by listening to it.

That's one thing I've improved on these past few months since I've embarked on my new life journey... I've really learned how to listen to my body. All the cues are there, for all of us - we just need to learn what they mean and use our body's signals to help us live healthier. Amazing what a little reading and research can do for our health once you sift away all the gimmicky fad diets!

Welcome to all our new folks - glad to have you here, and please stick around! Such a great gang of ladies here! (We are all ladies, right? Are there any roosters in the henhouse?)

I've been thinking about RockinRobin's comment about healthy recipes and the lack thereof. After turning it around in my mind, I've been considering starting a healthy recipe website. I suppose we could start a thread somewhere in 3FC, but it would be very difficult to use because you'd have to go through pages and pages of posts to find something... but it occurred to me that I have a friend whose family runs a terrific recipe archival site that's completely searchable and very easy to use. If there is a genuine interest, let me know and I will create a site for us! Since there is a strict policy about posting links here, once the site is created, PM me if you want the link and I'll forward it to you. Likewise, if you want to post recipes to the site, you can PM those to me, too, and I will get them up. I don't mind the extra work, and I'd love to volunteer myself for that. I'm a recipe-hound, anyway!

*~*~*~*~*

Yesterday was great - kicked my own butt royally at the gym, and plan to do the same tonight. Also had asparagus-mushroom omelette with light dusting of parmesian-reggiano cheese (the healthiest of the aged cheeses, and very flavorful!) for dinner last night - tasty! I'm not a breakfast eater, but since Jeni reminded me of how important breakfast is (and it IS), I forced myself to eat breakfast this morning, which was a serving - one cup - of Special K Red Berries with a cup of 1% milk. Got my Lean Cuisine for lunch, and I have chicken breasts that I need to figure out what to do with for dinner. Maybe grilled, on a salad?

Have a wonderful, healthy, happy day full of good choices, everyone!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 AM   #56  
Suz

RockinRobin, you always post at EXACTLY the same times I do!! Are you psychic??

Since New Year's Day is on a Monday, we can start a new weekly chat thread every Monday, starting this coming Monday. That way we're not wading through a zillion posts!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #57  
Im not fat im fluffy

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'3

hmmm... should i go for... 12 lbs lol.. 5 weeks ago my goal was 20 lbs. i keep getting to 246 then back up to 250... it wont STAY out of the 250s
Old 11-29-2006, 11:06 AM   #58  
Christine's damn thyroid

S/C/G: 202/180/150

Height: 5'7''

Count me in. I need the motivation! My name is christine by the way

current weight-181
1/1/07 goal- 170
Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #59  
Suz

Hi, Christine! Welcome!

Chelseamb... this is just my humble opinion, but I think it's a good idea if you set your goal to something a little more attainable. 20 lbs in a month - even if you could lose that much in that short a time period - is not a healthy rate to lose weight at. Better to lose slowly and feel good than lose quickly and risk things like binges, putting your body in "starvation mode," etc. (I worry about people's health a LOT!)

12 pounds is both challenging AND attainable - I think you should go for it!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #60  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm up for doing a little WEED myself....ha ha

W: 3 liters, maybe 4...need to get my 5 gallon bottles for the cooler filled
E: Probably NONE today, see above, my muscles are SOBBING
E: Had the wheat toast with rf PB, banana and 4 oz OJ
D: oh crap what's D again? BRB
LOL okay, Daily goal...to heal the muscles so I can work out tomorrow and get this house CLEAN! Get the laundry done, maybe put up the Christmas tree. Get out to the mall and spend my B&Bworks coupon and DD some jeans that actually fit.

Christine! Hi Chelsea! Tell us about yourselves! Families? Jobs? Diet plans?

HolyTerror! Where ya been! Miss your humor!! Cute about the JS comment, sometimes she puts it out there that her dinginess is just an act then sometimes she just says something so silly you just know she can't be making that stuff up!!!!!

Well I suppose my Advil is kicking in to relax my muscles so maybe I better go get dressed for the day. Oh yes and I am VERY interested in contributing to a recipe website. I found this under general chatter, where you can set up your own private cookbook and print it out yourself, and its free, maybe somehow we can all contribute to the same book, I haven't looked at it very closely yet but I do have it saved to my favorites....

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/mycookbook/index.jhtml

Last edited by NurseMichelle; 11-29-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread