3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96848-5-10-pounds-lose-turkey-day-challenge.html)

Neesy_20 11-08-2006 02:37 PM

I bought my dresses for my vacation next month. They are beautiful. I just hope they'll still fit when the time comes. I have been at a plateau for the past week. I can't lose it. I'm getting frustrated.. but I just have to stick with it. I need to go to the gym. I think my metabolism has slowed down because I wasn't eating enough calories and I wasn't exercising. Ahhh. I hate dieting. I'm really busy the next few weeks because its the end of the quarter at school.. so I dont know when I'll be able to get some exercise in. I have just been so tired lately and don't feel like doing anything. I have to stay optimistic though.. i'll make it.

martiniforme 11-08-2006 08:57 PM

Melissa: My busy "day" turned in to plural. Sore hip kept me moving slowly, so everything took 10x longer, but my house look(ed) great!

Jelly: Good on you for going to the gym! A little rust when polished is going to shine! And thanks for the good words. I didn't realize how bad my meal choices until I started actually tracking them, and seeing now vs. then! Talk about disgusting!

Jasmine: Aww, keep your chin up, honey! No matter what, things will work out, I know they will. Just keep your faith, it's always seen you through. And you have us to lean on!

Neesy: If you're plateau'ng, you might try changing something in your routine. Like maybe take on a new workout routine, or adjust your calorie intake ever so slightly, or maybe change up your foods a bit. How To Overcome Your Weight Loss Plateau. I was reading this article, and I have to say, the choice about eating a burger isn't necessarily what I mean about switching your foods up, I just meant variety. If you are susceptable to an ED like Bingeing or Overeating, then eating a burger might not be the best idea. But you could start at this article, check out a couple of the links, do a little research, and do what works best for you. Good luck!

Well, I didn't post today's plan. It was either post it, or get to the gym and work on time. I used my step machine last night, and I've decided that I've got to get rid of it, and get a treadmill or elyptical. My hip last night hurt so bad, and today it's so bad that I could barely move after the gym. I have a day off from the gym tomorrow, so I'll take it easy, but I can barely walk now :mad:. I'm not feeling so hot today, really tired and dragged out. I ended up eating my meal plan, but I also ate some comfort food. I didn't binge, but I knew that it was outside of my planned meals, and the choices I made were not so good. Well, not good at all. That's okay, though. I didn't binge, and that is the really important thing for me.

DF is sick, too, so we're both cranky and blah. Haha, doesn't make for such a great combination. MIL and FIL are going out of town for the weekend, so I'll be babysitting DF's niece (who stays with MIL instead of DM) all weekend. That'll keep me busy. I've got some artsy projects in mind for us, so it should be fun.

Will post tomorrow's meal plan as soon as I get around to making it lol. I think I might switch a couple things up, see how that turns out. My current meal plan is convenient, but ohso repetitive.

I need to stop weighing myself every day. I want to look at my weight loss week to week, as a combination. I don't want to feel like one day will make that big of a difference, and look at a larger picture. So that is what I'll be doing from now on.

Hope everyone is having a good night. This forum is seemingly bare this weekend/week. Where is everyone, what is everyone doing, share!

~Mande

Neesy_20 11-08-2006 11:29 PM

Thanks Martini. That was very helpful. I do get in a routine of doing the same thing everyday which probably keeps me at this weight. I am going to change it up. Something else I need to do is to drink more water. I also have to stop weighing myself everyday too. I'm so dependent on numbers! I'm gonna go at least a week without looking at it.

Good luck everyone

martiniforme 11-08-2006 11:38 PM

Neesy: No probs! I'll not look with you! LOL. I have to weigh in on Friday, then I won't look at it all week if I can manage it! I think the easiest way sometimes to handle so much control is to make it repetitive, but it's alright to switch it up. Do you have a slow cooker? I've got some awesome low cal recipes for stews, and that's how I cook my chicken breast (spicey!)

Okay, as promised, here is tomorrow's plan. The following deviations from my daily routine are Lunch and Dinner. I can't count breakfast and morning snack because all I did was switch the fruits lol. And the exercise.

Thursday's Plan
B: Oatmeal with a kiwi
S: Yogurt and a medium sized banana
L: Salami sandwich with the fixin's
S: Mandarin Orange and a boiled egg
D: Chunky Soup (Prime Rib) and an Amanda Famous Salad (aka: I just measure veggies and throw them in with a cup of spinach or romaine)
S: 2 low fat rice cakes with 2 tbsp of PB

I left room in my calorie count for anything more if I get hungry.

W: 1500 mL (surprise, surprise! :LOL:)

E: Wait for it... Wait for it... KICKBOXING! YEAH!

Well, only tomorrow knows what tomorrow will bring. Toodles for now!

~Mande

sugarbaby269 11-09-2006 12:55 AM

OK... back... sort of. I don't have time for a long post. Hi everyone!!!
Martini you are going so good! Way to go!! Looks like you've lost even more. That's great!
Hunnasgirlwelcome!
Hi Ivy!! Great weight loss you have there. :)
MelissaThanks for all the encouragment and kind words about the MIL and family matters. I'm just glad the drama is over and now we're moving on!
JasmineOh Hun! So very sorry to hear about all the stress you're having right now. My prayers and thoughts have been with you today. I hope things got straightened out.....
Hi Neesy! Hope you can fit some exercise into your schedule. That will surely help out with your "sticky" situation. ;) Good luck with school finals and all.

I must confess that the birthday was great with lots of friends and family and I did really good on the diet. Today I had to go again for a birthday dinner and I didn't even stick to my diet. Ok.. I didn't drink soda but I had 1 and 1/2 peices of pizza. It was great. So was the salad. :D
I worked out two hours yesterday and about 40 minutes today and my knees and hips are killing me!!!! ouch!
Tomorrow I plan to really get back with the diet. I was up two pounds and it's stuck. SHeesh! What's up with that? I do feel the water retention though. :(
Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like people are for the most part. I hope I can lose weight fast.....

SarahMahfoud 11-09-2006 12:34 PM

Still trying to jump back on the wagon. Ugg its so hard. I feel like I just want to eat.

Jasmine31 11-09-2006 01:05 PM

Martini:

Quote:

Jasmine: Good on the burgers. A little splurge every now and again isn't that bad, as long as it doesn't turn out like my "little splurges" do :LOL:. After last week, I've gone ahead and switched straight over to Mozerella. I don't like one more than the other, so it's a bit easier for me. I do absolutely LOVE swiss, though!!!! And huzzah to your good mood! I was having trouble getting motivated today (hence why I'm still on here hehe), but your good mood has just given me this little burst of motivation, to get me going. Way to go on the loss!
Aww I am so glad I can motivate you! Well the good thing with the burgers I made is that they only have 4% fat. The fatty burger meat is 22 - 27% which is rediculous! So even though it was a little bad it wasn't too bad. I do try to limit red meat to twice a week. Once on Sundays and once when I eat out. I did have the burgers again this week but i'll get to that in a minute.

Mozarella is great! Only 5 grams instead of 9! You should treat yourself to the swiss once in a while! :D I am so glad that i can motivate ya! Thanx for the congrats on the loss and I have more good news. I lost more! I'll get to that in a minute! ;)

Quote:

know I've been on, but I just had to... DOWN ANOTHER 1.4! I had a really good weekend, and I was good, so I was happy to see the change! And I know this isn't typical, that to lose up to a pound or so every 1-2 days happens typically in the very first few weeks, but what a heck of a motivator!

Have a good day ladies, and be back tonight!

~Mande

P.S. I've noticed alot that people shorten my nickname "martiniforme" down to "martin." I think it's adorable that people are calling me martin. But when broken down, my handle is Martini For Me, because I used to be a lush Just a little history for ya guys!
That is great you are down more! I am so happy for you hun!!! *BIG HUGZ* See? We can do this!!! Yes in the first few weeks with so many drastic changes sometimes the weight does come off quickly. But even two pounds a week which it may slow down to is great! Over a month that adds up to 8-9 pounds! Almost 10 pounds a month. I can deal with that! ;)

The nickname is so cute! I usually just copy/paste your whole name but i think I want to call ya martini!!! :lol:

jelly:

Quote:

Hey everyone!!!! Long time no write. I have been busy with family and all. I have not been doing exercise. Yesterday went out to the park and did a little runing around. Today I am GIONG to the gym. I am going to do the Treadmill. YAY!!!! Can't wait. Well, ya'll have a GREAT DAy nad catch with ya'll later. Don't forget to drink your WATER!
I know I have been so busy too! Defo try to get your exercise in! Before you know it the days breeze by ya. ;) I am trying to drink it. I keep a water bottle with me at all times but I still need to drink more I know.

JasonsLea:

Quote:

Hi everyone! How are you all doing? Okay so my computer has apparantly completely crashed now. Luckily, I get my check for Spirit Halloween this week so I can put it in the shop and have it out in like two weeks. I've been doing really good with keeping track of my points and I went walking for the first time in a long time with my friend Erica last night. We're going to meet up again tonight. TTYL!

That sounds good about getting the p.c. fixed. that would drive me insane! Glad you found a friend to walk with! :D
sugarbaby269:

Quote:

First of all... I have to confess after all that pep talk last night and being so proud that I didn't give in, the stress of family fell on me and I caved in and ate two donuts. Do I hate myself? NO LOLOL I'm still mad and I don't care at this point. But what I do find interesting is that I turned to food when I felt this way. I wanted to stuff those feelings down and not deal with the emotional pain from family disfunction. My relatives are supposed to be Christians. That's the sad part of this. Dear MIL apologized this morning but it just seems like it's an ongoing thing. Personally I just don't go around them if I can help it because it just causes so many conflicts. Some people are so busy talking that they can't ever hear anyone else. (dear MIL) SIL doesn't really like me. She is so catty. Thing is I don't know how a catty person thinks as I'm not into that sort of thing so I never have a come back or know really what angle to take her in.
Awww you are stronger than them and those donuts! Just think how great it would feel to see them at x~mas and be 5-10-15 pounds lighter! You can do it!!

Quote:

Jasmine, First of all congrats on your continual weight loss!
Thanx hun!!

Quote:

Jasmine Boy, it sounds like you've had plenty of setbacks in your life. Look at you now though, you've taken control of the things that you can and you're making the best of it! Kudos to you! Reading about your mom with all of her health problems I couldn't help but wonder if they were caused by the drugs she had been taking. I know liver damage comes from that. Did you know that if you cause yourself to starve that you can get a fatty liver which leads to liver disease?
Thanx hun. I know I am a strong woman and a survivor. My hubby and kids and Joe help give me strenth.:D I do feel that her body was so messed up thru prescription drug usage. That stuff, when taken over long periods of time is so hard on the body. :( Diabetes is also very hard on the body too. I didn't know about the starving thing that is so sad. (That wasn't moms problem though haha) SO many young women want to be stick thin and are damaging their organs.

Quote:

I have a fatty liver and I know that from reading my CT scans on my medical records. Did Dear Doc tell me this? NO! He tells me nothing.
That is terrible! I do feel you can reverse this by getting your weight down! (can't that lead to diabetes? Thats what my friend said, havenmt looked it up myself)
My best friend said that she had a fatty liver too before going in for her W.L surgery. She said the test come back fine now.

Quote:

I think that the internet is an awesome tool to research on and I'm not surprised that you feel that you know more than the regular doc about certain things. I did a lot of research before my cancer treatment so I felt I was well prepared when I went in to see the doc. He got mad when he heard that I did that and said you can't believe everything you read on the net. Thing is I went to forums with people who had the same cancer and read about all of their experiences. Some were worse and others prepared me. I think knowlege is power like Dr. Laura says. LOL Keeps you from being in the dark. I think it's a great idea for you to go to different sites and research the diabetes thing. Just keep things in perspective that's the best thing to do. Plus, you're doing the right things for yourself: changing your diet, exercising and losing weight!
Well I need to remember that I may know alot but I do not "know it all". :lol: I had a chat with God yesterday and I do ask him for strength all the time, to help me with this, to show me the right info so I know what to do. I had to remind myself that in the mix of all the info and conflicting info that only God knows what is really going on. I do feel that the biggest problem is inactivity and that the more exercise I get, the better. that is why I have increased my walking even from last month. Last month I got to 2080 minutes. My average was 67 minutes a day. (Some days were longer but some days were shorter or I didn't walk at all.) When I kind of hit the plateau with my extra splurging like a week and a half ago I told myself to work harder at walking. In the 8 days of this month I am at 775 minutes as of yesterday! That is a 96 minute average so far. I think I want to shoot for a 90 minute average 6 days a week with maybe one day off a week. We'll see. I can certainly use it! ;) I have also heard that is the best way to prevent diabetes is by walking.

Quote:

Anyway, I don't really have time for a long post but the sprouted wheat bread is wheat that is picked at a certain time of maturity. It's not processed like regular wheat I guess. It's supposed to have less or no gluten in it? Something like that. I find breads like that in the health food dept or health food stores. Pita bread is great. You just stuff it with sandwich stuff. You could look online for recipe ideas. Maybe spreading the insides with FF cream cheese spreads and adding turkey, sprouts, tom, etc. might taste good to you. WW tortilla wraps are great too! You can wrap a tortilla with just about anything. The test for 6wks body makeover can be found at their website. I hope that helps. I Know I didn't respond to everything but I really need to get busy. Take care everyone and good luck with your dieting and exercising today!
Thanx for all the info and well wishes. I did make it tothe store but was rushing to make the other bus. I am going to look for it on friday. The less gluten sounds great. And its not that i mind not having bread every day. Its that I know I do need the carbs. Then its like every thing online tells you something different. This is my health! I cant afford to listen to wrong info. That is what my talk with God was about. Basically I need him to help steer me in the right direction. Like my hubby says, people have been eating bread for years! Why is it bad all of a sudden? I know the main reason is cause with any food people are not burning off what they eat! That is why I really am striving for the 90 a day. All i can do is my best and hope God honors that with my continual good health. ;)

Sherrie66:

Quote:

Please count me in !!!
Hi hun! I am glad you joined!! Your plan sounds good but I hope you also add in snacks! I am doing slimfast as one of my meal replacements too. Have you tried the new low carb one? It only has 1 gram of sugar vs the optima one with 17 grams, vs. the old slimfast with 33 grams!

littlegg:

Quote:

I weighed myself a few days ago twice and I was down 3 pounds. The followin morning I was up 2 so I really only lost one. Is this possible?
I was excited although skeptical about the 3 #. Then upset that it was only one. I guess I should be happy I didn't gain. Its an old scale, maybe I am due for another one. what kind is affordable but decent. How often do you all weigh in?
My main weigh in day is on sundays. I do weigh every few days and that helps me stay focused. The best thing you can do is get weighed at your docs and find a scale at walmart that says the same weight. That is great on the 1 pound loss! Remember sometimes we retain water too.

Martini:

Quote:

Today wasn't the greatest. I woke up at 6:30 this morning, and lazed around. I didn't actually leave my house until noon! I just could not get motivated. I was supposed to leave for the gym at 7:45, but I told myself I could always go after work. I finally got to work, worked only 4 hours, and then I did end up going to the gym thankfully! But this morning after I missed my gym appt, I binged. I'm not sure why. I kept asking myself why the entire time. Sitting before me was 1 Coffee Crisp, 1 Mr. Crunchie, 1 Kit Kat, and 4 Wagon Wheels. I sat down and ate the Kit Kat and the Mr. Crunchie and 1 Wagon Wheel. Suddenly I was so angry, I almost completely flipped out. And for the first time I wasn't mad at myself, I was mad at the reasons I binge in the first place. Well, that stopped me right in my tracks. Suddenly I didn't want it anymore. I stopped eating, and threw all that crap straight in to the garbage bag. But eating some in the first place set off another trigger response. I craved it the entire day, and ate a Coffee Crisp later on in the day. I ended up adjusting my meals a bit to compensate.
There are some things you just need to not have in the house! If the guys want snacks have them keep them in their rooms. One major point with me was potatos. I LOVE them! I would have them for dinner maybe 5 nites a week! In August when I had only lost 12 pounds in 4 months since renewing my goal after the misc in April, I told myself that is something I had no control over and it always has butter with it. So I told myself only once a week! And when I have it I can have 1 cup of mashed potatoes with lowfat milk and low fat butter. That has really helped. Once every few weeks I will have fries when we go out to eat. Last nite my hubby couldnt eat the brown rice cause of his tooth so i made him a potato. It didn't even bother me!

Quote:

And I know what the initial trigger was this time that got me thinking about it in the first place. The Forum: Chicks In Control. No malace to the forum, I think it's great! But not so great for me. I read about things like people's most craved food, about the foods people binged on, and the perpetual binging, and I just could not stop myself at first.

Step 1. Extract myself from that forum, and stay as far away from it as possible, atleast until I'm actually a Chick In Control. I thought I was...

~Mande
You know what is funny is before I read your post that day I had actually breezed by that forum. I didn't read anything but I did see the title. I was thinking to myself the same thing. FOOD TRIGGER!!! It kind of seemed really strange to me too, like if there were a "druggie kicking the habit forum" and they made a thread about what their fav drugs are, etc.

I took it the same way you did. I didn't stop cause i thought, great, that will have me craving fast food!! :lol:

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Good Evening everyone!! Stressful day lead to stress eating and now I'm doing that old guilt thing. Tomorrow is a new day!
Yep! Just dust yourself off and get started again! :D

Quote:

Jasmine...another loss for you too!!! Way to go!! You are just doing so great! I really admire your dedication to yourself and your focus, I need it to rub off on me this week! I've used whole wheat pitas for crust when we do make our own pizzas and they work great. I also like to cut the whole wheat pitas into triangles and spread some hummus on them for a great snack. Keep on shining lady!!
Thanx sweetie! I actually have an update about that! (down below)

Quote:

Allergies still buggin this evening, must be the wind. I hate that itchy eyes and sneezing bit, but I suppose I'd take that over a cold anyday. No classes for me tomorrow but I'll be drowning in homework, studying...blech!! Is it spring break time yet?? LOL!! Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

~melissa
That must be miserable! Good luck with the school thing! Just remember that the holidays are coming and you can lose a few pounds by then! Everyone will be so jealous! ;)

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

Hi everyone!
What a wonderful group of ladies to come and visit everyday!

Awww *hugz you back* I feel the same way!

Quote:

ues: Walk the mall
Eat diet of low carb and higher protein (white meat or fish)
Gym (gotta catch up with my exercise challenge)
Dinner going to Mcgraths for dinner so I will order something close to what's on diet. I will drink tons of water. I will HUG myself because I derserve it and I Hope I don't have drama at dinner with the OUT laws! :rollseyes:
I can do it. I can do It! Go sugar GO sugar It's my birthday GO sugar!
Sounds good. I don't know where you are at w/ your walking . If you are just getting started than just making it a habit is the most imp. thing. But if you have been doing it a while make sure you are not "housewalking". Walk briskly! :D

WIth the going out to dinner, I know I may be a lil late so for next time. Try to see if you can find a menu online. I have seen some chicken entrees with more cals than the other entrees!

When I went to go out to dennys that nite I noticed it was less cals and fat for me to get a steak dinner with potato sour cream and butter with breaded shrimp, then to get the cheeseburger with fries!!!!!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Good Morning ladies. Well I had to step on the scale this morning for a little damage control I've just been out of control the past 3 or 4 days and thats gotta stop. It showed me being up 1.8 lbs, not as bad as i thought it was gonna be but enough to say hey...what the fudge are you doing??! I'm sure a few big bottles of water and a day of smart eating will see that disappear so thats the plan for today. I need to take my rear end over to that elliptical too.
Awww. Well it is best to notice at 1.8 then at 10.8! You can turn that around!!! Study hard!!

hunnasgirl:

Quote:

Okay - I am in! I have been looking at this thread wondering if I could do it and now I know I can - or I can at least try my hardest. I want to lose 7 pounds by Turkey Day!
Hi sweetie! Welcome, glad you joined us! You can do your best and that is what counts!!

I think your plan sounds great!

my ivy:

Powerwalking sounds great! You can do it!!

Martini:

Quote:

Time to get my butt in gear! Today is a new day, and I am totally in charge. I have a huge pile of stuff to get done, and the motivation this morning is much higher than it was yesterday. I managed not to gain, but didn't lose either, and given yesterday... NOT SURPRISED!

Putting chicken breast in the slow cooker tonight, it's going to be so gooood! No fat's added, just water and a little marinade!
Sweetie you are doing so great I am so proud of you!! The menu plan looks excellent!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

I did my grocery shopping today and made some healthy choices. I got the natural peanutbutter which always grosses me out with the oil on the top but its so much better for me so I'll give it a whirl! Busy day for me with the books and I've my meeting tonight. Back to the books for me!! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!

~melissa
What brand did ya try? I get the smuckers all natural, it has 0 trans fats and only 1 gram of sugar instead of the 3. I am getting to like it okay enough. :D

jelly:

Quote:

Well, as for me I am doing good. Monday I did go to the gym and I did 35min.,2.80 miles, and burned 231. Not my best, but am I am rusty. I did jog for 3 mintues staright. It felt soooooo good to do so. Tuesday I did my 30min.Pilates and walked for 30min. Today I did my 3omin. walk, Later I gotta go again (pick my duaghter up from school) and have my heart set on the gym for another round. Well, ya'll have a GREAT DAY and make sure you are drinking your WATER!!!!!

Neesy_20:

Quote:

bought my dresses for my vacation next month. They are beautiful. I just hope they'll still fit when the time comes. I have been at a plateau for the past week. I can't lose it. I'm getting frustrated.. but I just have to stick with it. I need to go to the gym. I think my metabolism has slowed down because I wasn't eating enough calories and I wasn't exercising. Ahhh. I hate dieting. I'm really busy the next few weeks because its the end of the quarter at school.. so I dont know when I'll be able to get some exercise in. I have just been so tired lately and don't feel like doing anything. I have to stay optimistic though.. i'll make it.
That is exciting new clothes. You can do it! If you use fitday go back and see what you were eating to lose before and do that again! How many cals are normal and what did ya drop it too?

martiniforme:

Quote:

Jasmine: Aww, keep your chin up, honey! No matter what, things will work out, I know they will. Just keep your faith, it's always seen you through. And you have us to lean on!
Aww thanx for the support sweetie! I am doing much better today. :hug:

Quote:

Well, I didn't post today's plan. It was either post it, or get to the gym and work on time.
Get to the gym!! :lol:

Quote:

My hip last night hurt so bad, and today it's so bad that I could barely move after the gym. I have a day off from the gym tomorrow, so I'll take it easy, but I can barely walk now
Uh ~ oh. How did you strain it? :(

Quote:

I'm not feeling so hot today, really tired and dragged out. I ended up eating my meal plan, but I also ate some comfort food. I didn't binge, but I knew that it was outside of my planned meals, and the choices I made were not so good. Well, not good at all. That's okay, though. I didn't binge, and that is the really important thing for me.
Just remember that this takes time and I have goofed up many times over the last 1 1/2 but I have kept on moving downward. Are you taking a multivitamin?

Quote:

Will post tomorrow's meal plan as soon as I get around to making it lol. I think I might switch a couple things up, see how that turns out. My current meal plan is convenient, but ohso repetitive.
Throw a few new things in there, a few new seasonings for your chicke. Don't forget to look for the salt free chicken and steak seasoning. That is what I get. ;)

Quote:

I need to stop weighing myself every day. I want to look at my weight loss week to week, as a combination. I don't want to feel like one day will make that big of a difference, and look at a larger picture. So that is what I'll be doing from now on.
Good plan! Sometimes I get so scale obsessive it is scary. Only once a day in the a.m. but still. I cried like a baby the other day and threw something at my hubby on sunday. :lol: cause the scale hadn't moved!! :lol: I had to remind myself that I still had lost 1.5 pounds from the prior sunday(not to mention I had first gained a 1/4 pound that week so I also lost that too) 1.5 pounds a week is better than none believe me! It also depends on what day you look. Like for instance, just the next day(mon) I was down a 1/4 pound and since I had been up 1/4 pound the prior monday it actually meant I was down 2 pounds from one monday to the next. So I did lose 2 pounds in one week, from mon - mon, just not from sun-sunday! :lol:

Quote:

Hope everyone is having a good night. This forum is seemingly bare this weekend/week. Where is everyone, what is everyone doing, share!

~Mande
I agree! Everyone come out come out where ever you are! And don't feel bad if you are doing bad or not losing. That is when you need the supprot the most! :hug:

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

JasmineOh Hun! So very sorry to hear about all the stress you're having right now. My prayers and thoughts have been with you today. I hope things got straightened out.....
Thanx for the support sweetie, I will get to that in a few!

Quote:

I must confess that the birthday was great with lots of friends and family and I did really good on the diet. Today I had to go again for a birthday dinner and I didn't even stick to my diet. Ok.. I didn't drink soda but I had 1 and 1/2 peices of pizza. It was great. So was the salad.
I worked out two hours yesterday and about 40 minutes today and my knees and hips are killing me!!!! ouch!
Tomorrow I plan to really get back with the diet. I was up two pounds and it's stuck. SHeesh! What's up with that? I do feel the water retention though.
Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like people are for the most part. I hope I can lose weight fast.....
Well happy birthday and I am so glad you enjoyed it! Remember it only comes around once a year and believe me I am going to eat hatever the heck I want on mine in December. *snickers*

I would mention what all I want but I don't want to trigger Martini. :lol:
But then again it seems her food triggers are chocolate and sweet stuff. Mine aren't. ;)

Anyhow it might be water retention or salt! You can kick back in gear and lose it!

Jasmine31 11-09-2006 01:06 PM

Okay everyone well I am in a much better mood today. i was worried about having a panic attack yesterday but didn't. I was able to call Joe at work and they actually found him and he told me don't worry he would call and handle it. He is so wonderful. Basically his check from work didn't get in til the 4th and he went and paid the rent on the 3rd, and can you believe it this big realty company who has all kinds of tenants ran to the bank that very day to deposit it!!!! Arrrggghhhh!!!! So we are 135.00 lighter in the pocket but I am not going to stress. Nothing we can do now except chalk it up to exp.

Thanx so much for the well wishes about it peeps!

Anyhow I have been walking like crazy! They have been very busy days with me walking to catch the far away bus and back and walking from target to joes work and back and to the bank and back and etc. It really adds up! This month alone I now have 775 minutes!!! Divided by 8 days that is an average of 96 minutes a day! I am really tired at nite but it is worth it. I looked at my cals yesterday for the 7 days period and my average was like 1630 a day. Not bad! I will post my menus later but i wanted to tell you all that I tried digiornos whole wheat pizza! I really liked it!! The cals for one slice were like 240 with 8 grams of fat instead of the other poizza which was 12-13 grams of fat and 340 cals.

I did have the burgers again tues day nite but it was a nite coming home late on the bus and the chicken was frozen and it was either that or hot dogs. Those things have like 10 grams of fat per dog! vs 4 per burger. So I actually made the better choice. I had a sald with it.

Anyhow the scale was down today and I could see it in my tummy!! I was 217 yesterday and am 216 today!! Hooray! So I am down 1.25 pounds since sunday. :D I am also on tom so I am wondering if I am retaining any water. We'll see what happens on sunday! I am hoping to be 215 by then. ;) Or less!!! hahahahahahahahha

I'll check back in later. I have a dentist apt for a crown tonite and am not going on the bus today. I am going to get some walking in though!!

Jasmine31 11-09-2006 01:08 PM

SarahMahfoud
Quote:

Still trying to jump back on the wagon. Ugg its so hard. I feel like I just want to eat.
Good morning!! You can do it! I have found the best way to start my day is with a healthy breakfast, for me that means a fruit smoothie. Otherwise its all down hill from there. How are you doing with your breakfast. Eat mnore fiber. That really helps me to turn off cravings for overindulging.

Jasmine31 11-09-2006 01:16 PM

Oh and just in case any one needs a good kick in the pants today, may I remind you all that Turkey day is just two weeks away!!! :carrot: :carrot:

I am actually really excited. I wish we could get out and spend it with my family but won't be able to rent a van til x~mas. :( But I am really looking forward to celebrating with my hubby and kids!! :hug:

I am down 4 pounds and have 6 left to go. Realistically I can see another 4 pounds coming off by then. Maybe 5 or 6 if my body wants to. But if I can only get to 8 that will be great too! :D Like I say if ya shoot for 10 and hit 5 less than you had before. After that we will have 4.5 weeks til x~mas!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Hun.e.B 11-09-2006 03:19 PM

Good Afternoon everyone!! Boy oh boy do I need to find my focus and remember why it is I want this. Jasmine that reminder is a HUGE kick in the pants...2 weeks!! And here I thought I had so much time! I'm going to get out that journal, dust it off and remind myself of a few things I seem to forget when I go to make my bad choices. I can tell that my weight has gone up a little because my leg is hurting again. That alone is enough motivation to get into gear.

I would really like to challenge myself with some exercise. I have no reasons not to. So perhaps I will do that for the next 2 weeks. I have access to a state of the art facility complete with a track, machines, free weights, anything I could want! Time to use it! Its paid for out of my tuition but I just dont use it!!! Plus i've got an elliptical at home, exerball, 5 lb weights, videos. Theres no excuse! Time isnt really even an excuse because there is time in the day if I just make it.

My thinking also is that if I focus on exercise, maybe the food choices will move in the right direction. I believe the worst thing for me to do is to put pressure on the food aspect, that is when I doom myself for failure. But at the same time I cannot continue on the path I've been on for the past week. Sooo....committment time here!!

I can do this, I want to do this...its just a matter of DOING it and stop wishing for it and talking about it.

Oye, this turned into a journal post rather than a check in didnt it! Sorry about that. I hope everyone is having a great day!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B 11-09-2006 03:19 PM

BTW...way to go Jasmine!! 4 lbs gone already...you are so amazing!!!

~melissa

sugarbaby269 11-09-2006 05:13 PM

Pretty impressive how your weight just keeps falling off jasmine! :cheer: For some reason, my weight is stuck. :( I know I'm not eating over my calories. I also know I had some stress and forgot to eat one day... Had some saltier food than normal yesterday. I still don't know why I'm up. I've been exercising faithfully and really watching the calories. Maybe it's water retention... I do have some of that.... I probably don't drink enough water...

Maybe upping the exercise might help. I'm shooting for an hour a day 6 days a week. I don't do much else exercise wise other than that. Maybe I need more....
We bought some protien shakes from Herbal Life. They are really good! I think I'll add fruit to the vanilla and make me a shake in the mornings. Not bad on fat or calories either. It gets hard grabbing turkey slices and carrots for breakfast in the mornings when I'm on the go... :lol:
MelissaI have to agree with your post... I didn't realize how soon TG was coming!!! :yikes: I am really going to have to bust butt for me to lose 7 pounds by then. I don't know if I can do it or not. Hopefully I am just having water retention and when it goes away I'll have a more realistic amount to lose.

JasonsLea 11-09-2006 07:36 PM

Hi all! How are you doing? I'm doing okay just stressed. Back up to 242 but it was expected so whatever. Back to the gym tomorrow!

my ivy 11-10-2006 10:03 AM

HI, Sugarbaby may I suggest you consider taking a joint care supplement (GLUCOSAMINE) It actually works and I take it daily for knee pains I use to have and now I'm pain free.:) good luck

Ivy

Hun.e.B 11-10-2006 10:05 AM

Dont ask me how but I somehow ended up down .2 this week. I have NO clue how that is even possible but hey, no gain is alright with me!! Now to take the bull by the horns and see what I can do if I just TRY!!

my ivy 11-10-2006 10:19 AM

Hi guys, Hope everyone is loosing I am very proud of myself I worked out like an animal yesterday and the day before I did cardio for 2 hours aerobics today my calf muscles hurt :( but all is well I weighed myself and I'm down 2 more pounds :D so I guess if I continue busting my chops I will reach challenge goal -12 this month;) . I hope everyone is drinking plenty of water as for me I go for about 10+ glasses a day minimum. Will be going to church fair today will keep away from junk foods:nono: . Tomorrow my older one has his 3rd wrestling match I hope he wins he has two medals so far:carrot: .

Hope everyone has a loosing weekend:hug:
:dust: :exercise: :lifter: :running: :swim: :woops: :bike2: :ebike:

GET OUT THERE AND JUST DO IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

martiniforme 11-10-2006 11:48 AM

sugarbaby269: Thanks :) Not losing as much as I would like, but I'll take it! I keep having slipups that I'm able to stop before too much damage is done, but it keeps holding me back, I know it. Glad you had a great Bday! Your weight might be stuck because you've hit a plateau. You can do a couple different things to kick start that weight loss. I've been doing a bunch of reading up on plateau's, because when I hit mine, I want to be able to overcome it as fast as I can, and keep moving down in the weight loss. Google Search: Weight Loss Plateau Overcome. A plethera of information! Make sure it's all from reputable sites, and if it's anything drastic, consult, consult, consult.

SarahMahfoud:
Then eat :) But just choose wisely. And something that Jasmine taught me was not to restrict my calories too much. When I restrict my calories to that of a normal weight/eating person, I get in about 1200, but I was either way below, or way above those cals. I started out at 2000, now I plan my day for a certain amount, but always remind myself I have room if I'm hungry. Then I make sure I have a ready supply of fruits of veggies for snacking, and even have some low fat/low cal "bad" stuff, that way if I have something, I enter it in to FitDay, I have that room to have snacked it, and will come out with about 1800-2000 cals most "snacky" days. Good luck!

Jasmine:
I may have to just remove that crap from the house, and tell DF to either leave it at the shop so he can grab it before he goes out in to the field, or not to have it at all. It's just too much of a temptation that I can not fight every day. I hate when the end of the day comes, and I feel like the day was nothing but a battle with my mind and the junk! As for my hip, no strains. Joint deterioration. My doc says lose weight! haha. I have 2 options: surgery, or cartiledge injections. Ouch to both! I'm trying the natural way first. I take some Advil Migraine, and it eases up. I just don't like to take medication often (don't want to build up a resistance for when I really need it), so I will usually wait until I can barely walk, like this morning, but I'll get to that. I'm glad that DH came to the rescue! They really are like modern day knights in shining armor sometimes, aren't they? Wow, this is turning in to one jam packed message haha. And yes! Let's start an X-Mas Goal. I sooo love this cozy thread away from the main TG thread, it just seems more personal, and easier to concentrate on!

Melissa:
I know, I was surprised too when I realized that TG was sooo close! Well, for you guys, anyway LOL. You should try something enjoyable for exercise. While cardio and weights are good, it might be more fun to do something that combines the both. I just recently started doing the Billy Blanks Kick Boxing, and I had a blast! I was so confused at first, and kept getting the moves mixed up, I probably looked like such a goof :o. But I really enjoyed myself, and I can sure feel the workout in my body today, and when I stretch out my muscles, it feels sooo good, telling me that I had a good impact on them yesterday. You should start posting your daily plans. I find that by posting it, not only do I get good advice on what I'm eating and doing from everyone, but I also feel accountable because I've vocalized my plan.

JasonsLea: Good luck! You can do it!

my ivy: I want glucosamine! I've seen the commercials, but I don't think it's approved in Canada. Same with Aleve. My friend Kyle brought Aleve back from the states, and I could not believe the pain it made go away! But alas, they did approve Aleve here, but it was a MUCH smaller dose. That's great that your kids are in to activities like that. I was a Junior Wrestler in junior high school, it was awesome!!! There were only 2 girls in our school, so they just let us wrestle the boys. And did I ever look hot in a leotard back then! hahaha.

Woo, okay. So I'm house sitting/dog sitting for the MIL while she went to Calgary yesterday, and will be back later this evening. Today is my weigh in day, but I'm not at home with my scale :cry:, but that's okay. I will probably post my weight tonight or tomorrow morning. Then I have the resolve not to step on the scale for atleast 7 days. So I've been chasing dogs, cats, and children around. Thank goodness DN slept over at a friends house last night. The night before she had 2 girls sleep over, and dealing with them until 9pm last night. Lots of laughs, tears (them), and overall snottiness from one of them. I couldn't believe the smart *** comments I was getting from this one girl, sheesh! I couldn't do much about it, but I ended up telling Brenna that if everyone didn't smarten up, her friends would be going home. I hate being mean, but I am a passive discipliner. She was supposed to be home by 8pm last night (10 yr old girl), and she was 25 minutes late. And I told her that if she was late again without calling, she would be grounded to the house for the weekend with no phone (ie: no chatting with her friends). Talked to MIL last night, and she agreed. I think I might make a good mama!
Last night and this morning I could barely walk because of my right hip, finally took some Advil, and the pain goes away! Sometimes I can just grit my teeth and bear it, but I kept almost falling over! LOL. Something I've lived with since BF (before fat). My DG (dear grandmother) has MS, and it skips a generation, so I am not surprised that I have issues with circulation, neurosystem, and joints. I will just appreciate that which I have while I have it! That is what we need to do, not take everything for granted, and remember that we are blessed in every way, no matter how bad things get. And I know some of you can really appreciate that, and I am blessed that I know all of you.

I swear I'm not drunk! Just thinking and typing, LOL.

DH was such a sweetie. Usually he rewards me with my fav chocolate (Lindt), but a couple days ago, to reward me for my hard work and resolve, he brought me home some scratch tickets. Didn't win, but could you imagine?! hahaha, that would be GREAT!

Anyway, here is my plan for today.

Friday's Plan
B: 1 cup Oatmeal and 1 md Banana
S: 100g Yogurt and 1 Kiwi
L: 1 cup Vegetable Soup w/ 1 slice W/W bread and 1 tspn ICBINB
S: 2 Deviled Eggs (w/ Calorie Wise MW)
D: 2 cups Romaine, 1 cup whole Mushrooms, 1 cup chopped Tomatoes, 2 tbsp Calorie-Wise Peppercorn Ranch Dressing, and 1 cup 2% Milk
S: 2 LF Rice Cakes w/ 2 tbsp PB and 1 md Pear

E: 30 min Gym (Cardio/Circuit), 30 min Walking, 30 min Kick Boxing

W: 1500mL

Cals: 1275
F: 32%
C: 52%
P: 16%

Hope everyone has a good day!

~Mande

Jasmine31 11-10-2006 12:22 PM

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Jasmine that reminder is a HUGE kick in the pants...2 weeks!! And here I thought I had so much time! I'm going to get out that journal, dust it off and remind myself of a few things I seem to forget when I go to make my bad choices. I can tell that my weight has gone up a little because my leg is hurting again. That alone is enough motivation to get into gear.
That sounds like great motivation to me! Glad I reminded everyone!

Quote:

I would really like to challenge myself with some exercise. I have no reasons not to. So perhaps I will do that for the next 2 weeks. I have access to a state of the art facility complete with a track, machines, free weights, anything I could want! Time to use it! Its paid for out of my tuition but I just dont use it!!! Plus i've got an elliptical at home, exerball, 5 lb weights, videos. Theres no excuse! Time isnt really even an excuse because there is time in the day if I just make it.
That sounds great! My hat is off to you ladies who are trying to balance nutrition, exercise kids and jobs!!

Quote:

My thinking also is that if I focus on exercise, maybe the food choices will move in the right direction. I believe the worst thing for me to do is to put pressure on the food aspect, that is when I doom myself for failure. But at the same time I cannot continue on the path I've been on for the past week. Sooo....committment time here!!
I understand that. I was at a point in August and previous where I told myself I would rather walk 5 hours a day then give up my extra portions! I only wound up at 1185 minutes or so that month. In July I was doing better with portions and walked 1730 minutes that month and lost like 6-8 pounds(I'd have to look back for exact numbers but I WAS losing!). But in August my less walking and continual bad portions and choices, I only lost 1 pound! That is also the month I had splurged on pizza 3 times plus my weekly out to eats!! That is when I realized I had to change my thinking! I needed to increase my walking and also watch my portions. I was still having too much food and eating red meat and potatos too otfen!

I knew I could not go on that way and expect to lose. I renewed my commitment to make this work! End of August / Early September is the month I discovered cal counting. August 28 I was at 238 and had been bouncing back and forth between 236-238 all month! I put my foot down and said no pizza at all for september! Out to eat once a week. (A few times I did slip a little extra though) Potatoes only on sundays with red meat/once on the "day out to eat". 1 cup of mashed potatoes, 1 cup of spanish rice, etc! I started counting my cals and that month got my walking back up. I ended up at 1695 and I also lost 7 pounds that month!

October, I think the day or two before I found this forum, and fitday and the womens health calculator.

April 1: I had originally gotten down to 250 the few months before in december but wound up pg and trying to prevent a misc. cause of the iud moving around, so I quit my walking for a few months , I know I lost alot of muscle and only gained 2 pounds, so 252. But I was flabby. You know the drill.

April 24 :I decided to start walking again and did 220 minutes that month. I was 247 on the scale 2 days after I misc.

May 1: Walked 760 minutes this month
I was 244(SO supposedly down 3 pounds)

June 1: Walked 1060 minutes this month
I was 242.5(Was down 1.5 pounds)

July 1: Walked 1730 minutes this month
I was 247(I was up 4.5 pounds! I was really getting frustrated and really felt like giving up but reminded myself that this is not about weight but about being healthy and that if I never lost another pound I would get my butt out of bed and go for a walk every single day to protect my heart! cause I was trying hard and here I was gaining, but I looked at pics from June and pics in July and realized I was slimming down even if it wasn't on the scale and that I was rebuilding the muscle that I had lost due to inactivity for so many months. SO this is when I really kicked it up with the walking.)

August 1: Walked 1185 minutes this month
I was 238.5(so I lost 8.5 pounds in July!)

September 1: Walked 1695 minutes this month
I was 236(August 28 I was 238.5!!!; So I lost only 2.5 pounds that month!!)

October 1: Walked 2080 minutes this month
I was 228.5(The previous month was when I forced myself to buckle down and recommitb to no pizza and a ton more walking and watch my portions and try to count cals. So I lost 7.5 pounds!)

November 1 : 830 minutes so far! ;)
I was 219(So I lost 9.5 pounds!!! The previous month was when I discovered 3fc and started the halloween challenge and found the womens health calculator which really helped me to know how many cals I should be eating! It has made such a difference!!)

Okay so the point I am getting to is you need to decide what do you want from life? I have enjoyed many foods and going out to eat while losing all this weight, even in the last few months where I have really buckled down. Is it really worth it to eat what ya want EVERY DAY? I am not coming down on you. I am trying to be encouraging. This is something I had to take a good hard look at with myself! I can still enjoy the food I want just not all the time. I limit myself. Sept was the month I told myself NO PIZZA and except for once having frozen pizza and counting the cals etc I did NOT have it. October we actually had it once at the beginning and once at the end. The end is when I had those few bad days and hit a rough patch.

What I do is ask myself what do I still want to eat? And what am i willing to give up?

I am willing to eat desert maybe once a month. I really do want to eat out once a week so I allow that. I get the nacho bell grande with the works on it! Or I go out and have a burger and fries. Or like that one time we went to a rest and I got the steak and baked potato and butter and sour cream and salad with ranch and croutons and cheese. I should of stopped then but couldnt resist the bread and real butter. I had pizza twice that month. I had enchiladas twice that month and lasagna twice that month! The pizza wasn't even considered in my once out to eat. Neither was the restauraunt!

I ate alot of stuff last month plus I had two cupcakes and a few small candys. But you know what? I was pretty darn good the rest of the month! I still watched my cals and fat every day. I still exercised every day. My walking minutes would of averaged 67 a day for that month. I am doing even more this month. So what I am saying is you can do this. You can lose and enjoy your food. You just have to decide what you want and what days will be you better days and not have too many of the bad days. I think you know what I mean. I struggled for a long time telling myself I had made so many healthy changes yet I still wanted to overeat! Its not worth it. The more good food I eat the less I want the bad stuff. I have days where I struggle getting to 1600 or 1700 cals now.

I don't remember what "diet" you are on hun, but I would defo recommend cal counting and if you need more info and help you can get with me and I can help you on it. :hug: You CAN do this! We are similiar weights and I am doing it so i know you can too! Plus you are taller! ;)

Quote:

BTW...way to go Jasmine!! 4 lbs gone already...you are so amazing!!!

~melissa
Thanx hun! I lost another .50 pund this a.m. :D

Quote:

Dont ask me how but I somehow ended up down .2 this week. I have NO clue how that is even possible but hey, no gain is alright with me!! Now to take the bull by the horns and see what I can do if I just TRY!!
Sweetie you can do it!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

Pretty impressive how your weight just keeps falling off jasmine! For some reason, my weight is stuck.
Thanx sweetie! My ticker says 4.5 cause we started this challenge a bit before the month started. But still that is 3.5 this month alone! I am excited!!

Quote:

I know I'm not eating over my calories. I also know I had some stress and forgot to eat one day... Had some saltier food than normal yesterday. I still don't know why I'm up. I've been exercising faithfully and really watching the calories. Maybe it's water retention... I do have some of that.... I probably don't drink enough water...

Maybe upping the exercise might help. I'm shooting for an hour a day 6 days a week. I don't do much else exercise wise other than that. Maybe I need more....
We bought some protien shakes from Herbal Life. They are really good! I think I'll add fruit to the vanilla and make me a shake in the mornings. Not bad on fat or calories either. It gets hard grabbing turkey slices and carrots for breakfast in the mornings when I'm on the go...
How many cals are you doing and how much minutes of exercise? Read what I wrote to hun e b, alot of good info there. (I think so anyways. :lol: )

JasonsLea:

Quote:

Hi all! How are you doing? I'm doing okay just stressed. Back up to 242 but it was expected so whatever. Back to the gym tomorrow!
What plan are you following? I am glad you are back on the wagon! You can do it!!

my ivy:

Quote:

Hi guys, Hope everyone is loosing I am very proud of myself I worked out like an animal yesterday and the day before I did cardio for 2 hours aerobics today my calf muscles hurt but all is well I weighed myself and I'm down 2 more pounds
That is great sweetie I am so proud of you!!!! WTG on the workouts!!!

Quote:

so I guess if I continue busting my chops I will reach challenge goal -12 this month . I hope everyone is drinking plenty of water as for me I go for about 10+ glasses a day minimum. Will be going to church fair today will keep away from junk foods . Tomorrow my older one has his 3rd wrestling match I hope he wins he has two medals so far .

Hope everyone has a loosing weekend
How many have you lost so far this month? What kind of eating plan are you following? STay away from the junk yes indeed!! I hope he wins too! Send him my best!!

I will be back ina few for an update on me.

Jasmine31 11-10-2006 12:27 PM

Martini:

I am so sorry to hear about your hip! Mine hurts once in a while but not like that!! :( Yes just get that crap out of there! I understand about natural. That is best and I hate pills of any kind so that is good too.

Quote:

Let's start an X-Mas Goal. I sooo love this cozy thread away from the main TG thread, it just seems more personal, and easier to concentrate on!
Yes we can defo start an xmas thread as soon as we are done here. I want to take all you girls with me and stay together for challenges. We have such great group! maybe after we all lose we can maintain together! :lol:

What tg thread are you talking about? :lol:

Your plan sounds good. I need to get ready so I will update myself later!!

Jasmine31 11-10-2006 12:36 PM

I might not have to give my update til later so just a quick one, I am another .50 pound down this a.m. and am at 830 minutes this month! So 4.5 pounds total!!! yeah!!

my ivy 11-10-2006 01:00 PM

HI Mande,:( Sorry you don't feel well why don't you try to look up Schiff Glucosamine on line maybe you can order it? WOW a girl wrestler how cool :cool: I did see two of them last match. My son has also lost 30lbs he has an extensive work out he runs about 5 Miles a day and wrestles as well he gets home exhausted I feel bad for him but I know its for the best. I hope you fell better.....
Jasmin,:dizzy: Tell me about it I am still stretching my sore legs. I have lost a total of 36 lbs since 9/1/06 I follow the South Beach Diet. I don't eat high carbs at all no potatoes,pasta,rice,bread and only drink water and 1% milk with 1 scoop whey protein for breakfast besides I have a plan with a DR. I take meds a metabolizer ,fat burner, appetite suppressant.

:D It has been my life savior since I began I feel grate and am much more active and just a overall a happier person.;)

From a size 2x to a size 13..........:carrot:

Jasmine31 11-10-2006 01:24 PM

Oh my gosh Ivy I was just asking about that yesterday in the south beach forum! WTG!!! you are doing great! Okay this is my one biq question and I can get to the others later. Doesn't the two weeks no carbs put your body into ketosis? Isn't that dangerous? I do like the idea it reintrodusces the good carbs back though and fruits etc.

Hmmm....,really tempted with that plan.

How long did you stay in phase 1? How much did you lose in phase 1?

I'll bbl!!

loly06 11-10-2006 01:50 PM

hello everyone i am new to this i have been dieting for a while and exercising alot as well, from august to sept i lost 10 pounds but since then i have been keeping that weight i want to lose more i am up for the challenge even though thanksgiving is around the corner, i am pushing myself to eat healthier and better, my goal is to atleast drop 5 pounds by thanksgiving since it is so close i don't want to lose the pounds so quickly that i wll just gain it all back and double so we shall see.

sugarbaby269 11-10-2006 06:27 PM

Hi Ladies!

How is everyone doing this fine Fri. evening? I am a bit discouraged because I'm having hormonal imbalances due to the chemo. AF is visiting again. Second time in two weeks... GRRRRR!!! No wonder I've been craving chocolate and salty stuff Plus putting on a couple of stinking pounds. I have just GOT TO lose weight.

Ivy Thanks for the information about joint care. I'll have to try some of that. :) Congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like you're cookin' with the exercise. :D
melissaGirl! Just think of what the results would be if you did give it a whirl... :lol:
mandeGreat job on the exercise!!! wow! Your diet looks good too. What about more protein? Sure know what you mean when you're talking about joint pain... :eek:
JasmineGreat job on the continued weight loss! Thanks again for tips.

Question... How can I be at a plateu so early on in the dieeeeeeeeeeeeet? :(
I don't know how many calories I'm eating but I'm not (for the most part) eating sugar and keeping away from fat and dairy. I had to get back on track from all that eating out. I've been doing pretty good with the intentional exercise. How much more should I add? SOS I need to lose weight YESTERDAY!
And YES!!! Let's do the Xmas challenge! whoot... hoping I melt this blubba off soon. :lol:

PellMel 11-11-2006 01:23 AM

Hello all, I've been sick with an abdominal virus (it mimics an appendicitis, only bilaterally, ouch) for the past week and unable to eat anything more substantial than crackers and applesauce. That said, my weight has gone down a few pounds to about 145 very quickly. Sounds like everyone's been doing great and working hard:)
Words and Rhapsody,
Mel.

martiniforme 11-11-2006 08:00 PM

Jasmine:
Quote:

What tg thread are you talking about?
My mistake, it's not the main one, but I spend a lot of my forum time here and in the Support Group for 20-somethings. They have a TG thread there, and a couple other challenges that are in the support group.

Quote:

I am another .50 pound down this a.m. and am at 830 minutes this month! So 4.5 pounds total!!! yeah!!
Way to go on the loss!!!!

my ivy:
Quote:

HI Mande, Sorry you don't feel well why don't you try to look up Schiff Glucosamine on line maybe you can order it? WOW a girl wrestler how cool I did see two of them last match. My son has also lost 30lbs he has an extensive work out he runs about 5 Miles a day and wrestles as well he gets home exhausted I feel bad for him but I know its for the best. I hope you fell better.....
It has been my life savior since I began I feel grate and am much more active and just a overall a happier person.

From a size 2x to a size 13.........
Thanks, doll! I did actually start looking in to it. Turns out that my FIL takes Glucosamine Sulfate! He buys them here in the 500x bottle at 850mg per pill. He is a true and living testament, and we ended up talking about it for atleast 45 minutes. He says it'll take a couple months for me to really see a huge change, but it's worth the invested time, so this week I'm picking up some, and voila! I can't wait!!! And way to go on the huge success!!! I can't wait! I'm currently fluctuating between a 2x and a 3x, and am wearing size 23 pants. I can't wait!!!

loly06:
Quote:

hello everyone i am new to this i have been dieting for a while and exercising alot as well, from august to sept i lost 10 pounds but since then i have been keeping that weight i want to lose more i am up for the challenge even though thanksgiving is around the corner, i am pushing myself to eat healthier and better, my goal is to atleast drop 5 pounds by thanksgiving since it is so close i don't want to lose the pounds so quickly that i wll just gain it all back and double so we shall see.
Congratulations on the loss! Welcome to the group, you came to the right place! This place is super for support!

Sugarbaby:
Quote:

I am a bit discouraged because I'm having hormonal imbalances due to the chemo. AF is visiting again. Second time in two weeks... GRRRRR!!!
I'm sorry you're going through so much right now :( I haven't had a period in almost a year, so I've forgotten what it's like to crave the good stuff. Well, that's not so true. I crave it with or without AF hahaha. You can lose those pounds, though! And don't forget about the water retention. That was a HUGE thing for me when I had mine.
Quote:

I don't know how many calories I'm eating
I find high calories in the most surprising things! Have you considered counting your calories? Another thing to consider is your calorie count might be too low, and this is causing your body to think it might be starving, so it stores all those calories because it thinks it has to to survive.
Quote:

've been doing pretty good with the intentional exercise. How much more should I add?
For the most part, I will burn on average about 500 calories with my exercise (about 90 minutes a day of varying intensities), and there are some cardio workouts that when combined with strength training can really burn away those calories. Or look as Jasmine, she burns away a TON of them just by walking, walking, and more walking. Do you have a FitDay Journal?

Mel:
Quote:

Hello all, I've been sick with an abdominal virus (it mimics an appendicitis, only bilaterally, ouch) for the past week and unable to eat anything more substantial than crackers and applesauce. That said, my weight has gone down a few pounds to about 145 very quickly.
Sorry to hear you've been so sick, but we've missed you! Congrats on the loss, 145, NICE!!!

--

Well, today wasn't planned at all. I woke up at 11:15am, and had a remarkable amount of sleep. I'll be starting Glucosamine Sulfate on Monday, and it has an added something or other to help my body do what it needs to do. Also, didn't have my morning or afternoon snack, ate breakfast around 11:30am, and lunch at 2, and dinner is fast approaching, but so far it's been all healthy.

I had a bad week last week of far too much junk, but this week I feel a little more resolved to stick to my diet. I get stronger and stronger the more I learn. Exercising has been a bit hard, only small spurts when my hip has been letting up on me. DF and I are now saving to buy a TempurPedic matress (the memory foam one), and yeah, I think it'll be great.

What does everyone think we should name our Xmas Challege? I think it should be something cheesy and fun.

Well, off to make dinner. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

~Mande

nicvic6 11-12-2006 10:47 AM

Fat Smash XMAS Bash!

Stocking Stuffers, STUFF that FAT!!

I have been pretty good, but I must admit, AF is almost here and I am HUNGRY!! I am a little worried that I will show minimal weight loss b/c of it, but I need to remember that she usually brings 3-4 lbs with her. She is mean!!

sugarbaby269 11-12-2006 02:36 PM

Good afternoon ladies!! :)

Just thought I'd swing by and check out the forums....

Sorry you've been sick, Mel. :(

Welcome Loly!!!

Mande aka martini... : Thanks for the support. My hubby and I both are seriously looking into investing into the TempurPedic mattress. Sounds like it will be something worth having... ;)

Niki
Cute name! :lol: If you're new here a big :welcome: to you!! :)

aspiring_k 11-12-2006 02:45 PM

Hi I am worried about Thanksgiving. I usually go to my Aunt's home and then on the weekend go to my Dad's. This is double trouble! Any good suggestions?

sugarbaby269 11-12-2006 02:54 PM

Hey Kim...

I'm in the same boat you are when it comes to eating two TG meals. We do TG on TG day with my family and then go to dear OL's for another big meal on Fri. I would suggest limiting your day to one or two things not on your diet such as pie or mashed potatoes and gravy and then watch your portion sizes and do the same the following day. You could add a bit more exercise that week too. Don't know what your diet plan is. If it's low carb just pick and chose one or two things to carb out on but watch your portion, etc. Maybe this might help.... :)

Jasmine31 11-12-2006 05:12 PM

Hello everyone! :D I hope you all are having a great weekend!!

loly06:

Quote:

Hi! I am glad you joined us! :hug: It sounds like you are already on the right track! Are you counting cals? What kind of exercise do you do?
WTG on the 10 pounds!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

How is everyone doing this fine Fri. evening? I am a bit discouraged because I'm having hormonal imbalances due to the chemo. AF is visiting again. Second time in two weeks... GRRRRR!!! No wonder I've been craving chocolate and salty stuff Plus putting on a couple of stinking pounds. I have just GOT TO lose weight.
Good luck with the chemo sweetie!! :hug: Aunt flow is here too, tail end anyhow. How many did you pack on? I think I am going to wait to officially weigh in and/or just keep with the last reported weight cause the last two days the scale has been jumping all over in the a.m.! 215.50, 216, 218, etc. It is driving me a bit nuts but like I said tom is here so I ain't stressing. I know I have been exercising and making right choices. I will definately give it a few days and see what it says. *sigh* Otherwise it looks like a 1.75 pound loss from last week on sunday if we go with the friday weigh in. SO don't you stress either! Lets give it a few days!!

Quote:

JasmineGreat job on the continued weight loss! Thanks again for tips.
Your welcome sweetie!

Quote:

Question... How can I be at a plateu so early on in the dieeeeeeeeeeeeet?
I don't know how many calories I'm eating but I'm not (for the most part) eating sugar and keeping away from fat and dairy. I had to get back on track from all that eating out. I've been doing pretty good with the intentional exercise. How much more should I add? SOS I need to lose weight YESTERDAY!
And YES!!! Let's do the Xmas challenge! whoot... hoping I melt this blubba off soon.
Well I really think you should count cals! Yes it is a pain in the butt but it really helps! I also know that alot of days especially lately I have to add more stuff in just to get to a higher cal amount! I don't want to go to low! That could be happening to you. If we eat too little the body won't budge either!

PellMel:

Quote:

Hello all, I've been sick with an abdominal virus (it mimics an appendicitis, only bilaterally, ouch) for the past week and unable to eat anything more substantial than crackers and applesauce. That said, my weight has gone down a few pounds to about 145 very quickly. Sounds like everyone's been doing great and working hard
Words and Rhapsody,
Mel.
Awww so sorry to hear you are sick! WTG on the weight loss though!! I hope ya feel better soon!!

Martini:

Quote:

My mistake, it's not the main one, but I spend a lot of my forum time here and in the Support Group for 20-somethings. They have a TG thread there, and a couple other challenges that are in the support group.
Oh okay! :D

Quote:

Way to go on the loss!!!!
Thanx hun!!!

I don't know exactly what pills you are talking about but I do recommend you and anyone else here use extreme caution! Pills no matter who prescribes them or over the counter can be hard on our bodies. Some can elevate blood pressure even, even if they say they are natural! Be careful hun!!

Quote:

I had a bad week last week of far too much junk, but this week I feel a little more resolved to stick to my diet. I get stronger and stronger the more I learn. Exercising has been a bit hard, only small spurts when my hip has been letting up on me. DF and I are now saving to buy a TempurPedic matress (the memory foam one), and yeah, I think it'll be great.
You are doing better and making better choices every day! Remember you never fail unless you quit trying! :D

Quote:

What does everyone think we should name our Xmas Challege? I think it should be something cheesy and fun.
Sounds like a good idea! Something catchy so others will join us too! Us linking the thread in our sigs is really helping too! ;)

Quote:

Well, off to make dinner. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!
nicvic6:

Quote:

Fat Smash XMAS Bash!

Stocking Stuffers, STUFF that FAT!!

You might be on to something!

I have been pretty good, but I must admit, AF is almost here and I am HUNGRY!! I am a little worried that I will show minimal weight loss b/c of it, but I need to remember that she usually brings 3-4 lbs with her. She is mean!!
Yeah she is terrible. I am on it too and my hubby thionks there is something wrong with the scale! He even brought the weights out! They are reading .50 pound to 1 pound off!!

aspiring_k:

Quote:

Hi I am worried about Thanksgiving. I usually go to my Aunt's home and then on the weekend go to my Dad's. This is double trouble! Any good suggestions?
Hi!!! Well what you should do is split your meals up! Whatever you decide to have have half at each house!!!

Well I have been busy walking alot these last two weeks. My average for last month was 67 minutes a day. This month I have upped it and I know the month is not over yet but I am off to a great start! Average so far is 89 minutes the last 12 days. We'll see how today goes. I have really noticed a difference in my upper tummy. It is trimming up nicely! I have been doing good with my food, keeping it to healthy choices alot and about 1640 average.

I have done searching as to what fat%, carb%, and protein% is right for me. I have looked at the sbd and have agrreed with some of their things like the fact they recommend the good carbs and whole wheat etc. They also follow it seems 30/30/30 as they call it. Originally I was doing 30fat%, 50carb%, and 20protein%. I think the carbs should go down so today I am trying to adjust that. I am not sure if that would be good for my body doing the two week body detox of absolutely no carbs for two weeks etc. I know what I am doing now is working(cal counting and exercise) so I don't want to rock the boat and mess anything up. I am trying to see if I can lower the carbs though and make sure the fats are more of the good fats etc. Which is what I try to do with the fats anyways. What is everyone else doing percentage wise?

aspiring_k 11-12-2006 05:38 PM

Thanks for the good tips! I will make a plan and do some additional exercise.

mebesue 11-12-2006 06:04 PM

How do I sign in

Jasmine31 11-12-2006 07:12 PM

aspiring_k

SOunds good!

mebesue

Hello! Glad to have ya! :hug: this is what I wrote for a check in on the first page:

Quote:

So now we need to check in:

1. Leave your starting weight.
2. List what type of exercise you will do daily to achieve your goal.
3. List how you will be watching your food, i.e. low carbs, calorie counting, etc
4. Check back in each day to share your progress of if you exercised, share the food you have eaten, etc.
5. Weekly weigh in. We will weigh in every week to see where we are!!

Good luck everyone!

martiniforme 11-12-2006 07:25 PM

nicvic6: Great names! I love the Fat Smash idea, it's really catchy! I guess when AF comes, that's when low fat chocolate comes in handy! LOL

sugarbaby: Depending on where you are, they have a TempurPedic matress set for under $800.00 CAD at the Canadian Wholesale Club (aka: Superstore, but smalltown).

Kim: I agree with sugarbaby on this one. Don't completely restric yourself if you can help it. I find that when I completely restric myself, I crash pretty hard. Not sure if you're the same way. A lot of the ladies here actually nix the large dinner plates, and just use a children's dinner plate, or a large saucer, it helps with portion control :) With my family, everyone brings something, so I plan to make a couple healthy dishes, as well as roasting a small chicken so that I can have more control over the choices I have. And since everyone brings something, no one thinks anything of it. Good luck!

Jasmine: Thanks for the concern, doll :hug:. These aren't diet pills or anything like that, and my doctor has only given me 2 options: Cartiledge Injections or Surgery. I feel at ease with the Glucosamine Sulfate as my FIL is a Biological Engineer. He owns (and I work for) an environmental company, so he's been studying various sciences his entire life. I used to take just Calcium Supplements, and found out that what I was taking, I was just wasting my money. He explained how the body requires magnesium combined for the calcium to be absorbed properly, and taking hard pills (especially for 40+ yrs) is pretty much like not taking a suppliment at all. Anything you can get in liquid form is better. Problem is, is when the body gets through the digestive process, the pills haven't had much of a chance to break down. I'm going to talk to my doc about it first, but am also hesitant, because there are other options that will result in more bucks in her pocket. Thanks for worrying about me, though!!! You are such a sweetie, and I will be careful :)

As for the percentages, I'm sticking to the fluctuation of 30/50/20. It's giving me good results, and I am feeling better mentally and physically. I'm not too keen on restricting the carbs, not sure how it will affect my body. I've had to cut down drastically, but I love carbs too much to try out a carb diet lol. I tried atkins, and just couldn't do it! hahaha. And good for you on the walking, you are amazing!!!

mebesue: Not sure what you're speaking of. 3FC? If so, it looks like you got signed in alright :). More details, and I'm sure we can help you out!

--

Didn't post today's plan earlier, but here it was:

Today's Plan:
B: 1 pkg Quaker Oatmeal w/ 1 md Banana
S: 100g Reduced Fat Yogurt w/ 1 Kiwi
L: 1 cup Chkn & Rice Soup w/ 2 slices of w/w Bread and 2 oz Skim Mozza
S: 100g Reduced Fat Yogurt w/ 1 Pepperoni Stick (long)
D: 2 w/w Buns - Sub sandwiches, calorie-wise condiments, Skim Mozza, and 1/2 cup of carrots
S: 3oz Red Raspberries (fresh) w/ 1 Kiwi

W: 1500mL (water bottle x3)

E: 1 hr grociery shopping. The cart made it easy for me to get around, but still gave me a bit of a workout as I was pushing a heavy load. My hip is just not happy.

Cals: 1593
Fat: 31%
Carb: 49%
Protein: 20%

Look at that! My %'s almost exactly where I want them to be! Didn't have too many veggies today, alot of eat/run going on. I'll definitely get more in today. Did my grociery shopping today, and have decided to switch directly to 1% milk. Also, bought a wider variety of fruits. I'm quickly discovering what I like, and what I don't like. My teeth are pretty sensitive, and I don't like eating apples, and will only eat pears every now and again. Yay for fresh Raspberries on sale!!!

The hip is not happy. It has spoken. haha. Last night I got up in the middle of the night to refill my water bottle, and it was hurting pretty bad and keeping me awake. I got out of bed, and on my way to the kitchen, my hip gave out and I almost clean fell over! This is it. I've had it! If the Glucosamine Sulfate does not do something, I'm going in to get those horrible injections. I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT! But I've put this off for too long. I'm going to give the GS about 4 months, and if there are no noticable results, that's it! It's impeding my activity, and making it hard to exercise.

Anyway, gotta go have me some supper.

~Mande

P.S. Not as negative about the hip as I sound, but it really is getting on my last nerve! I need to be able to atleast walk!!!

martiniforme 11-12-2006 07:31 PM

Oh, and I totally forgot to post my weigh-in (I think). The weigh-in showed 274 solid. Shooting for more this week!

Neelam 11-12-2006 07:49 PM

Hi all, i am new to this. i have been dieting from august and i lost 10 pounds in 3 months . I would like to lose 4 pounds by thanksgiving and another 8-10 by new year. started doing cardio 60 min everyday (about 600 cal)
My BMI is 35 . I hope this weight losss will bring it to below 30.

stopeating 11-12-2006 08:13 PM

I'm new to this too, but I really need to make some goals for myself. I would like to loose 3 pounds by Thanksgiving and another 8 pounds by Christmas. I also want to increase my exercise to a minimum of 45 minutes per day 5 days a week! Big goals for me :-)

Pastryprincess 11-12-2006 08:34 PM

What do I need to do to be in the challenge? 10#-sounds great...help. J