3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96848-5-10-pounds-lose-turkey-day-challenge.html)

Pastryprincess 11-12-2006 08:40 PM

Starting weight 212 AHHHH. I would like to work out an hour every day-but I know that is not realisic right now. Can I say three days a week? Anyone up @ 5:00am. Yes, I did say 5:00AM. I think that's the only time I have-from 5-6am. I'll log on afterwards is someone is up & on. let me know. Also will increase the amount of water I drink. Is there anything else I need to let everyone know? J

Hun.e.B 11-13-2006 10:09 AM

Good monday Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was ...eh. Not too bad nothing major going on. We did go out to eat though and I overdid but on mongolian bbq, so really not too too bad. But today is crunch time. We've got about 11 more days before Thanksgiving, for me that is 2 weighins (I'm gonna move my official weigh in to Thursday rather than contend with the scale the day after turkey day! LOL) I was supposed to get up this morning and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes but i just couldnt do it, I was so so so tired. I even went back to bed after my daughter left for another 30 minute snooze. That just means I've gotta do an hour tonight rather than 30 minutes. I suppose I'll survive. I'm just not a morning exerciser I guess.

My goal today is to make great food choices here is my tentative menu.

breakfast - oatmeal, skim milk and huckleberries
snack - SF shake
lunch - vegetable soup with cucumber salad
snack - yogurt w/ mandarin oranges
dinner - teryaki chicken stir fry w/ brown rice
snack - smartpop

**I'm looking at this thinking I need more protein, we'll see how it goes I may add some peanutbutter and appleslices if I get hungry**

thats the plan stan! I'm sorry I didnt do personals this morning, I'll be back later to see how everyone is doing. Welcome to a couple of newbies we have!! Have a wonderful day everyone!! Be strong!! We can do this!

~melissa

martiniforme 11-13-2006 10:48 AM

Neelam, stopeating, & Pastryprincess
:welcome3:

Melissa: Maybe it's something in the air? I was really tired this morning, and I even forgot to make DF's lunch for work last night!!

Today's Plan
B: 1 srv Oatmeal w/ 1 md Banana
S: 100g FF Yogurt w/ 1 Kiwi, and 1 cup FF Orange/Strawberry/Banana Juice
L: 1 cup Cheddar & Broccoli Soup w/ 1oz Mozza Cheese melted in
S: 1 md Boiled Egg and 1 md Pear w/ 1 cup FF Orange/Strawberry/Banana Juice
D: Chicken Salad (1.5 cup stewed bonless/skinless chicken breast, 2 cups chopped Romaine, 1 cup whole Mushrooms, 3 tbsp Calorie-Wise Caesar Dressing)
S: 1 cup Strawberry & Banana JELL-O (FF as always!)

W: 1500mL

E: 30 min Walking, 25 min KickBoxing, 30 min Calisthenics

Cals: 1730
Fat: 20%
Carb: 56%
Prot: 25%

%'s a little skewed, but after reworking my diet over and over, I am not going to stress it out. It will be made up on other days, and I'm not about to eat the same thing over and over just for the %'s LOL. Lower cals as usual, if I'm still hungry after my salad at dinner, there's room to add something :D I can never know how hungry I'll be, but I'm sure I'll add something.

How is everyone doing? I'm sad today because the gym is closed (holiday on the weekend), so I have to work out tomorrow, Wed, and Fri. Does it not suck that my gym is only open M-F? Hahaha. Hip is feeling better today. Had a really well rested weekend, NO BINGEING! Hoorah! Got a little exercise through housecleaning and grociery shopping, but I needed the rest for mon hip!

Have a good day everyone!

~Mande

P.S. I couldn't stay away from the scale, LOL! Down some more! I'm rounding my weight because my tracker won't put in fractions. It goes in .2, so if it's .4 or .6, I will go the corresponding way when reporting.

Cheers!

Jasmine31 11-13-2006 12:33 PM

martiniforme:

Quote:

Jasmine: Thanks for the concern, doll . These aren't diet pills or anything like that, and my doctor has only given me 2 options: Cartiledge Injections or Surgery. I feel at ease with the Glucosamine Sulfate as my FIL is a Biological Engineer. He owns (and I work for) an environmental company, so he's been studying various sciences his entire life. I used to take just Calcium Supplements, and found out that what I was taking, I was just wasting my money. He explained how the body requires magnesium combined for the calcium to be absorbed properly, and taking hard pills (especially for 40+ yrs) is pretty much like not taking a suppliment at all. Anything you can get in liquid form is better. Problem is, is when the body gets through the digestive process, the pills haven't had much of a chance to break down. I'm going to talk to my doc about it first, but am also hesitant, because there are other options that will result in more bucks in her pocket. Thanks for worrying about me, though!!! You are such a sweetie, and I will be careful

As for the percentages, I'm sticking to the fluctuation of 30/50/20. It's giving me good results, and I am feeling better mentally and physically. I'm not too keen on restricting the carbs, not sure how it will affect my body. I've had to cut down drastically, but I love carbs too much to try out a carb diet lol. I tried atkins, and just couldn't do it! hahaha. And good for you on the walking, you are amazing!!!
Awww thanx hun! Okay, just trying to look out for ya! Be careful with the carbs though. I am getting so depressed trying to figure all this crap out! It seems like the more I think I know, the more I search and the more I realize I don't know anything! All these "experts" disagree with each other and it is irritating the heck out of me! Now I am hearing that "grain carbs" aren't good for me! When I look at my fitday I am trying to get my carbs lower and it is hard to do. I can't even eat all this food! Like today,
this is what I have planned:

1 apple
1 a grapefruit
1 orange
2 big cups of coffee
5 tbs creamer
1 slimfast low carb shake
2 pieces of whole wheat bread
1 tbs of all natural peanut butter
1 tbs of vinegar
1tbs of olive oil
1 srving of salad
.50 a tomato
.50 a cup of carrots
4 lil chicken tenderloins

That is plenty for me to eat!! But the cals only come to 1338!!
fat 33%/ carbs 40%/ protein 28% . I like the percentages but the cals are too low! I would normally add a serving of brown rice with dinner and that would add 200 cals but I am trying to do "lower carb"

I could add in another shake I guess. That would bring it up to 1528 and fat 35%/carbs 35% and protein 30%

And then I get to where I feel like I do NOT want to be depending on 2 shakes a day! This whole grains are bad thing is really making me mad. I easily could throw a serving of total in there to up the cals 100 I can't do that.

I am just wondering what the heck to eat! Ya know? Maybe I should find what some healthy nuts are and start adding those to my diet! They are high in cals and healthy fats! I wouldn't recommend something extreme like atkins either. ;)

Quote:

ook at that! My %'s almost exactly where I want them to be! Didn't have too many veggies today, alot of eat/run going on. I'll definitely get more in today. Did my grociery shopping today, and have decided to switch directly to 1% milk. Also, bought a wider variety of fruits. I'm quickly discovering what I like, and what I don't like. My teeth are pretty sensitive, and I don't like eating apples, and will only eat pears every now and again. Yay for fresh Raspberries on sale!!!
Apples are great for you though and low on the glycemic index(I believe) I just throw mine in a blender!

Quote:

P.S. Not as negative about the hip as I sound, but it really is getting on my last nerve! I need to be able to atleast walk!!!
That would drive me crazy!!

Neelam:

Quote:

Hi all, i am new to this. i have been dieting from august and i lost 10 pounds in 3 months . I would like to lose 4 pounds by thanksgiving and another 8-10 by new year. started doing cardio 60 min everyday (about 600 cal)
My BMI is 35 . I hope this weight losss will bring it to below 30.
Hi and welcome! :hug: Your plan sounds good!

stopeating:

Quote:

'm new to this too, but I really need to make some goals for myself. I would like to loose 3 pounds by Thanksgiving and another 8 pounds by Christmas. I also want to increase my exercise to a minimum of 45 minutes per day 5 days a week! Big goals for me :-)
Welcome to you too!! :hug: I think they sound reasonable and you can do it!!

Pastryprincess:

Quote:

Starting weight 212 AHHHH. I would like to work out an hour every day-but I know that is not realisic right now. Can I say three days a week? Anyone up @ 5:00am. Yes, I did say 5:00AM. I think that's the only time I have-from 5-6am. I'll log on afterwards is someone is up & on. let me know. Also will increase the amount of water I drink. Is there anything else I need to let everyone know? J
Your stats are similiar to mine are now!! I don't get up that early but I am around off and on

Welcome! :hug:

Hun.e.B:

Good morning to you too!!

Quote:

Good monday Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was ...eh. Not too bad nothing major going on. We did go out to eat though and I overdid but on mongolian bbq, so really not too too bad. But today is crunch time. We've got about 11 more days before Thanksgiving, for me that is 2 weighins (I'm gonna move my official weigh in to Thursday rather than contend with the scale the day after turkey day! LOL) I was supposed to get up this morning and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes but i just couldnt do it, I was so so so tired. I even went back to bed after my daughter left for another 30 minute snooze. That just means I've gotta do an hour tonight rather than 30 minutes. I suppose I'll survive. I'm just not a morning exerciser I guess.
Yes we don't have much time left! Crunch time everyone!!

Martini:

Sounds like you are doing good sweetie!

Quote:

P.S. I couldn't stay away from the scale, LOL! Down some more! I'm rounding my weight because my tracker won't put in fractions. It goes in .2, so if it's .4 or .6, I will go the corresponding way when reporting.
That is great news hun!!!! WTG!

You just made me think maybe I should add some eggs in!!

:D

I'll give my update later I am just a bit depressed about this whole food thing with so many conflicting views! I was reading something last nite about an evolutionary diet and that actually sounded the best way to go!
I am going to look into everything more. I think for short term a big thing is listening to my body. Something kind of bad happened over the weekend with food!

Now let me just say that normally I do have alot of energy and am able to walk 60 -120 minutes a day, cook dinner, do chores, take care of ids etc and not feel tired till I settle in at nite. But saturday I was trying to do the more meat less carb thing and I was trying to plan it all in fitday with cals and percentages etc. It worked on paper but after lunch I was just so stuffed I could not eat any more!!! This is what I wound up having and the worst thing is I think it sent my blood sugar up! I was tired and had no energy all day! I even cut my fruit out that day cause I was telling myself "lower carbs" and hasd wanted to splurge with chile beans and tostito chips. Man was I wrong! Oh and my carbs wound up at 50% anyways cause i could NOT eat any dinner I was so stuffed!!! Actually I did have the fruit, I remember now, I had picked up a mixed berry medley and stuck that in my smoothie and after I had drinken a bit and tasted how very sweet it was I gave it to the kids! I looked at the pack and it said 10 sugar grams per cup!! That is rediculous! I will have to stick to my unsweeetened frozen berries!

.40% of a grapefruit
.75% of an apple
.75% of an orange
.25 of a cup Berry extreme medley
coffee 32 oz
creamer 5 tbs

4 hebrew national beef franks, 97% fat free(they were only 50 cals each and I was trying to get my protein up!!! they were really good though!)

1 Fransisco whole wheat french sandwich roll(big like for a hoagie, it was good and had like 7 grams of fiber in it!)

1 serving of tostitos scoops, 1/2 the fat
1 serving of dennisons 98% fat freee turkey with chile beans(it was awesome!!!)

popcorn 98% fat free

1 slimfast low carb shake (I forced myself to have for dinner so my cals wouldnt be too low, I could of done without it though!!)

Anyhow that was saturday and my cals still ended up at only 1418!!!!
fat was 22%/carbs were 49% / protein was 29%

I was so stuffed though!!!!! I normally have smaller meals thruout the day and a bigger dinner and that was just too much too early on! I had originally planned for a salad for dinner and some chicken to balance out and make the protein go up but I was completely stuffed!!!!! I was also extremely tired and barely even went on a walk that nite forcing myself for 30 minutes! Man i don't ever want to do that agin! Maybe it was all the sugar in the berrys they added? Maybe it was too many damn carbs at lunch? Good lord!!! I know when I have my two slices of bread with 1 tbs of p.b. or ham and cheese I feel satisfied and don't feel tired etc along with the slimfast for a snack later so I am going to stick with that.

Maybe I should add the brown rice in for nite time tonite idk. I just wish I knew all the answers and that all the so called experts could agree on stuff!!

Tisha___ 11-13-2006 12:36 PM

I had a real crap week last week. I didn't eat like I should. I didn't go NUTS, but I still figured I'd gain a pound or so. But, thankfully I maintained. So, that's good.

Hopefully most of the drama from last week is over now and I can get back on track. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Jasmine31 11-13-2006 12:45 PM

Tisha that is great at least you maintained! :D

Well I just redid my fitday

1 apple
1 a grapefruit
1 orange
2 big cups of coffee
5 tbs creamer
1 tbs of vinegar
1tbs of olive oil
1 srving of salad
.50 a tomato
.50 a cup of carrots
4 lil chicken tenderloins
.50 cup of brown rice
1 egg

I will just do one slimfast and will do one hard boiled egg and .50 a cup of brown rice. Then my cals will be at

1516 fat% 32/ carbs% 41 / protein% 27

That doesn't seem to bad to me.

sugarbaby269 11-13-2006 03:20 PM

:eek: It's crunch time and I've gotta burn some big bodacious buns!!! :yikes:

Today I went walking and I'm going to try and hit the gym tonight. I didn't exercise this weekend and I'm behind in my Nov. exercise challenge.

Just want to welcome all you newbies... :welcome: I'm a bit new too but I sure love this spot! Lot's of wonderful people here. :)

I am so confused about my weight. I gained a couple pounds this past week due to TOM and now thankfully it's finally coming off. I did crash my diet quite a bit but I have no idea what's going on because now I'm losing. I need to try the calorie thing. I'm not sure how it works on fitday but I guess I'll go and research it out more.

I've got to jam but I'll be right back in a few hours and post more.

martiniforme 11-13-2006 03:41 PM

Jasmine:
Quote:

Awww thanx hun! Okay, just trying to look out for ya! Be careful with the carbs though. I am getting so depressed trying to figure all this crap out! It seems like the more I think I know, the more I search and the more I realize I don't know anything! All these "experts" disagree with each other and it is irritating the heck out of me! Now I am hearing that "grain carbs" aren't good for me! When I look at my fitday I am trying to get my carbs lower and it is hard to do. I can't even eat all this food!
I live by the motto "Tried, Tested, And True." I know this is how my body is losing weight, and I know this is making my body feel good, and my body is telling me that I am treating it right, so this is what I keep doing. Majority of these nutrition experts go with the tried, tested, and true, 30/50/20. The fact that the majority goes by this makes me feel externally alright with these choices. You are losing weight in a really good way, and it's steady, and you have more energy, and feel good, sleep better, your mental health appears to be doing well, as well. I think in times like this when the experts are confusing us, we just have to listen to our bodies (not our minds so much, or else I'd always go for the chocolate LOL). It's always good to try something new, and give it time to work, but if it just keeps making you feel like crap, it might not be the right thing for you, ya know? But then, what do I know! I'm new to this, and the only thing I came in here with was some common sense and the desire to renew my relationship with my body :D. Just trust your gut!

And no worries about my carbs :) If they are a little low today, they'll be a little high tomorrow (or the next day, or the next, etc etc). I tried the whole low carb/no carb diets, and I felt like crap ALL the time. I think without the carbs to properly balance everything out, you just feel really high or really low. I always thought of carbs as an anchor to all my food decisions. I have a nutritionist/gym trainer buddy who went to UofC (Uni of Calgary, where I'm originally from), and he was trying to help me balance my diet, and he told me something really interesting, and you might consider this. He is a certified nutritionist, and I know him well, so I personally feel comfortable taking his advice:
"The body is like a furnace. The first thing you put in will get 'burned up' or used the most, then the second, and so on. So when you have dinner, if you eat your meat first, you will benefit from the protein and iron more. Then eat your veggies, and last, eat your carbs (like potatoes). Your body will use the carbs for what they need, and discard the rest."
That's not quoted exactly, I would be RICH if I had a photographic memory haha, but you get the gist. And when we talked further about it, it made a lot more sense to me. And that is what I've been trying lately, and it feels good. You'll notice I put my veggies in the afternoon/evening, and that's because of the complex carbs. Carbs make me sleepy and full, so I eat them later on in the day.
I hope I'm of some help. If you have any questions you specifically want me to ask him, let me know! I'll also see if I can get his e-mail address and PM it to you. Sometimes it helps if instead of reading information from an impartial party that does not know you can be really confusing. Answered questions geared towards you and how you are might help more? :) Planning your meals shouldn't be such a fight. People have lived thousands of years before the obesity epidemic that seems to have swept north america, and I honestly believe it should be a little more easy than it seems it is for you with reduced carbs:?:

Tisha___:

Quote:

I had a real crap week last week. I didn't eat like I should. I didn't go NUTS, but I still figured I'd gain a pound or so. But, thankfully I maintained. So, that's good.

Hopefully most of the drama from last week is over now and I can get back on track. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
It's a new week, good luck! You can overcome the drama :)

sugarbaby269 11-13-2006 09:45 PM

Hi again ladies or chicks.. :D
Jasmine I was thinking along the lines with Mande about the diet confusion. I would think that eating whole foods whether they be carbs or not are probably the best things out there for their calories too. At least they aren't empty calories filled with unnatural ingredients that are foreign to our bodies. Sometimes I wonder if it's all the processing to foods that make gaining weight so easy.
Melissa, your diet for the day looks great! Can I come over for lunch? I love cucumber salad... :D
Tisha, hope your drama stops soon. I guess last week was the week for dramas LOL. :lol:

Hope you all are doing well. We've had some ugly rainy weather here. I think the rain makes it more difficult to be motivated to get outside and exercise. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to the gym for a great workout. It's been a few days since I went.

Only 9 more days until ThanksGiving.... :yikes:

Hun.e.B 11-14-2006 09:49 AM

Good Morning everyone!! another rushed morning for me, my oldest didnt have her usual advanced math class so it throws off our whole schedule, ah well, we got to sleep in! LOL!

So you wont believe what I did!!!! I made a committment to myself yesterday and I kept it!!!! I didnt do the elliptical in the morning but thats okay because after my classes (instead of going over to volunteer at my daughters school) I went to the gym and worked out for 2 hours!! I walked for an hour and then did weights and stretching for an hour!!! And THEN after dinner I did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I'm just a tiny sore today, mostly my feet I think I need new shoes, and my lats but other than that I slept like a baby and i really feel great this morning.

Eating wise I stuck to my plan almost all the way, Lunch I had a lean cuisine french bread pizza and cucumber salad, I changed dinner and had goulash with the family and instead of popcorn I had 2 dark chocolate squares (about 90 calories) for a late night snack. I'm pretty proud of my day! and i'm looking to have another just like it. So here's the plan for today

exercise - walk 1 hour, elliptical, stretching
breakfast - oatmeal, skim milk, huckleberries
snack - SF shake
lunch - WW meal, cucumber salad
snack - PB toast, yogurt
dinner - Italian chicken n peppers
snack - smartpop

Okay it snowed last night so I need to go do snow patrol and get the car warmed up so we can leave. Have a fantastic day everyone!! Remember...only 9 more days!! We can do it!!

~melissa

Jasmine31 11-14-2006 10:51 AM

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

Today I went walking and I'm going to try and hit the gym tonight. I didn't exercise this weekend and I'm behind in my Nov. exercise challenge.
You better get on it!!! :D

Quote:

I am so confused about my weight. I gained a couple pounds this past week due to TOM and now thankfully it's finally coming off. I did crash my diet quite a bit but I have no idea what's going on because now I'm losing. I need to try the calorie thing. I'm not sure how it works on fitday but I guess I'll go and research it out more.

I've got to jam but I'll be right back in a few hours and post more.
You can go and take a peek at my fitday! You can even make custom foods in there. It is a bit tedious to do but worth iot later to just click on it if it is something you use repeatedly. ;) Until you keep track of the cals it is hard to know what exactly is going on.

martiniforme:

Quote:

I live by the motto "Tried, Tested, And True." I know this is how my body is losing weight, and I know this is making my body feel good, and my body is telling me that I am treating it right, so this is what I keep doing. Majority of these nutrition experts go with the tried, tested, and true, 30/50/20. The fact that the majority goes by this makes me feel externally alright with these choices. You are losing weight in a really good way, and it's steady, and you have more energy, and feel good, sleep better, your mental health appears to be doing well, as well. I think in times like this when the experts are confusing us, we just have to listen to our bodies (not our minds so much, or else I'd always go for the chocolate LOL). It's always good to try something new, and give it time to work, but if it just keeps making you feel like crap, it might not be the right thing for you, ya know? But then, what do I know! I'm new to this, and the only thing I came in here with was some common sense and the desire to renew my relationship with my body . Just trust your gut!
You are so right sweetie! When I went and met my hubby for lunch yesterday I told him the same thing. Over the long haul I am going to be worried about some of these concerns I mentioned. I am going to try to switch to organic as much as possible. Which is hard cause I also have 5 kids! I did do the 30 fats/ carbs/ 50 / protein 20 and I don't remember where I even stumbled across it cause I have read so much crap since! Anyhow I was telling my dh that I , for short term, just need to listen to my body. Since counting cals and mostly eating the good stuff I have alot more energy! Heck I am even walking almost two hours a day sometimes! I am not getting sleepy or anything and I am losing and looking better so I know I am doing something right! It is just so hard sometimes when you hear so much conflicting info!

I was thinking yesterday too, I don't even like eggs!!! :lol: Why the heck would I want to eat one! hahaha Once every month or two I feel like having a scrambled one but that is the extent!

I did do something really good yesterday though. I went and got some nuts!!! Cashews!!! With low salt. Nuts are something I would have maybe once a year around a holiday cause I knew they were so high in cals and fats and now realize they are the good fats and so good for you! I recommend everyone to have some!!

Healthy Nuts!

Quote:

I tried the whole low carb/no carb diets, and I felt like crap ALL the time. I think without the carbs to properly balance everything out, you just feel really high or really low. I always thought of carbs as an anchor to all my food decisions. I have a nutritionist/gym trainer buddy who went to UofC (Uni of Calgary, where I'm originally from), and he was trying to help me balance my diet, and he told me something really interesting, and you might consider this. He is a certified nutritionist, and I know him well, so I personally feel comfortable taking his advice:
"The body is like a furnace. The first thing you put in will get 'burned up' or used the most, then the second, and so on. So when you have dinner, if you eat your meat first, you will benefit from the protein and iron more. Then eat your veggies, and last, eat your carbs (like potatoes). Your body will use the carbs for what they need, and discard the rest."
That is very interesting!

Quote:

I hope I'm of some help. If you have any questions you specifically want me to ask him, let me know! I'll also see if I can get his e-mail address and PM it to you. Sometimes it helps if instead of reading information from an impartial party that does not know you can be really confusing. Answered questions geared towards you and how you are might help more? Planning your meals shouldn't be such a fight. People have lived thousands of years before the obesity epidemic that seems to have swept north america, and I honestly believe it should be a little more easy than it seems it is for you with reduced carbs
I agree I just get so frazzled with all this stuff sometimes and since this is my health I can't afford to be wrong. All I can really do is what I have been doing and that is walking like crazy. I heard that is a great way to beat off diabetes, plus losing weight which I am doing. I also know how I feel with energy levels and what not so I know my blood sugar is not going high.

Thanx so much for putting up with me sweetie!!! I am just the type of person who flips back and forth between thinking she knows it all and thinking every thing I know is wrong! :lol: Thanx for all your advice and insight! You are helping to keep me grounded and reinforcing what I KNOW. :D :hug:

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

Jasmine I was thinking along the lines with Mande about the diet confusion. I would think that eating whole foods whether they be carbs or not are probably the best things out there for their calories too. At least they aren't empty calories filled with unnatural ingredients that are foreign to our bodies. Sometimes I wonder if it's all the processing to foods that make gaining weight so easy.
I know you are right! It is just so easy to get mixed up with all the conflicting info out there! I am feeling much better today and like I am actually on top of it again so that is a good thing! (Great, here comes miss know it all again!) :lol: Thanx for the care and concern hun! :hug:

Quote:

Hope you all are doing well. We've had some ugly rainy weather here. I think the rain makes it more difficult to be motivated to get outside and exercise. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to the gym for a great workout. It's been a few days since I went.

Only 9 more days until ThanksGiving....
I love the rain!!! Send it my way!! I am getting excited about turkey day! Is anyone else?

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Good Morning everyone!! another rushed morning for me, my oldest didnt have her usual advanced math class so it throws off our whole schedule, ah well, we got to sleep in! LOL!
Well that is good!!!

Quote:

So you wont believe what I did!!!! I made a committment to myself yesterday and I kept it!!!! I didnt do the elliptical in the morning but thats okay because after my classes (instead of going over to volunteer at my daughters school) I went to the gym and worked out for 2 hours!! I walked for an hour and then did weights and stretching for an hour!!! And THEN after dinner I did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I'm just a tiny sore today, mostly my feet I think I need new shoes, and my lats but other than that I slept like a baby and i really feel great this morning.
That is awesome!!! You can do it!!

Quote:

Eating wise I stuck to my plan almost all the way, Lunch I had a lean cuisine french bread pizza and cucumber salad, I changed dinner and had goulash with the family and instead of popcorn I had 2 dark chocolate squares (about 90 calories) for a late night snack. I'm pretty proud of my day! and i'm looking to have another just like it. So here's the plan for today
Sounds good hun! I have never tried lean cuisine and I am a pizza fiend! Are they good? I know I tried the digiorno whole wheat pizza and it had only 8 grams of fat per slice and 240 cals! It was really yummy!!!!

Quote:

Okay it snowed last night so I need to go do snow patrol and get the car warmed up so we can leave. Have a fantastic day everyone!! Remember...only 9 more days!! We can do it!!
Have fun! Yes we can!!!

I'll be right back!

martiniforme 11-14-2006 10:51 AM

Running terribly behind, will post personals later :)

Today's Plan
B: 1 srv Oatmeal w/ 1 lg Banana
S: 1 srv Yogurt w/ 1 Kiwi
L: 1 cup Chddr & Broccoli Soup w/ 8 Baby Carrots
S: 2 md Boiled Eggs
D: Smart Goulash (1/2 cup Rice, 1/2 cup stewed Chkn Brst, 1/4 cup Green Peas, 1/4 cup whole kernal Corn)
S: 1 cup Cranberry JELL-O

E: 30 min Gym/Circuit, 30 min Walking, 30 min of... something else, not sure yet.

Jasmine31 11-14-2006 11:46 AM

Ladies I just posted a link in the foods section on how wonderful spices are for you. Check it out!!!
Spice Thread

Jasmine31 11-14-2006 11:47 AM

Hi Martini! Busy day eh babe? ;)

dollypie 11-14-2006 11:49 AM

Okay I am back from vacation. It was long and I was glad to be back. Washington D.C. was beautiful and the weather was great. I had never seen all the fall colors in the leaves and they were spectacular. I did really well eating wise while I was gone, except for the last three days. It start with my free meal on Saturday night and then I just went on a binge Sunday and Monday. I know it was because I was so tired and could not plan my meals. It didn't help that when I got home the last thing I wanted to do was grocery shop so no fruits or veggies at all yesterday. My stomach is revolting and I haven't slept well the past two nights. When in D.C. I took my pedometer to track my miles...let's just say that over seven days I walked over 40 miles and my calf muscles felt every minute of it. The good news is I am back on track today and had my morning workout. I have decided not to weigh in until my normal day on Monday, that will give me time to get back to my normal routine the next few days. The bad news is that I have two Thanksgiving dinners planned this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I can get through it know. I am planning on walking after those meals to keep from snacking on desserts.

Jasmine31 11-14-2006 12:04 PM

Okay well I walked 110 minutes yesterday! Hooray!

I did go and get nuts so I changed my menu.

1 apple
1 grapefruit
1 orange
2 big cups of coffee
5 tbs creamer
1 tbs of ranch
1 srving of salad
.50 a tomato
.50 a cup of carrots
2 tsp of parmesan
7 oz boneless skinless chicken
1.5 oz of low salt cashews
1 serving of total cereal

Wound up at 1725 cals 34% fat, carbs were 38%/ protein was 27% Not bad! :D

Oh and by the way this a.m. I am now down to 215!!!! Whoohooo!! SO I have lost 4 pounds this month and 5 since we started the thread. Whoohoo!!!

Jasmine31 11-14-2006 12:05 PM

Hi Dolly! So glad to see ya back hun! :hug: That sounds like a wonderful trip! And all that walking is awesome!!! Whatever bad you did eat shouldn't of stuck to ya! ;)

dollypie 11-14-2006 12:17 PM

Thanks Jasmine...if I don't lose for Thanksgiving I will just be happy with maintaining.

Hun.e.B 11-14-2006 07:30 PM

Good evening everyone! Just gearing up for dinner, thought I'd better check in. Well today has not gone as planned at all. I didnt get to the gym today because my youngest decided to play hookie, I could go when dh gets home but since I'm pretty darn sore (my toes especially) I think I'll take the night off the gym and just do my elliptical. Food wise I've stuck to plan with the exception of a snack of turkey meat and some craisins. Not too shabby! I'm looking forward to dinner. Pasta...pray for me! LOL I tend to overeat pasta. But its all healthy stuff, chicken breast tenders, yellow, red and green peppers, FF italian dressing and I got the Barilla Plus pasta that has the Omega 3 acids. YUMMo...to quote rachel ray! LOL!

Busy busy day again tomorrow!

Jasmine....excellent job on those exercise minutes woman!! You are just rockin!! The lean cuisine french bread pizzas are pretty tasty, I love the sauce its pretty robust. Of course I'd love to have 2 of em but portions portions right! LOL! Way to go on another loss!!! You are such an amazing inspiration to keep going!!

Welcome back Dolly!! and way to go on your vacation...40 miles!!! Whew!!! That is awesome!! Excellent job getting right back on track, sounds like your body was revolting the not so great choices! You can make it through those dinners, you are strong! Just remember moderation and portions! You can do it!!

Mande...how'd your day go? Busy days just throw me for a loop, I dont do well!

Sugarbaby...are you staying dry? I hope you got that gym visit in like you wanted to!

Tisha....excellent job maintaining!! As long as its not a gain!

Does anyone watch 30 minute meals with rachel ray? She did a 60 minute thanksgiving and one of her before dinner muchies was toasted chickpeas...they looked interesting, just wondering if anyone has ever tried them.

Okay time to get dinner going! Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

~melissa

sugarbaby269 11-14-2006 08:42 PM

I made it walking and to the gym today. Total exercise for today was at least 90minutes.
Did great on my diet too... hopefully that scale will budge.

MandeLooks like you're doing a great job with your diet and exercise. Keep it up Girl!
JasmineWell done on your weight loss! :)
Melissa It's been really wet here but I did manage to get the exercise in and then some. Your dinner sounds good. Did you manage to eat a healthy portion? :D
Dollypie Sounds like your vacation was fun and rewarding (exercise). 40 miles?? WOW! Good going. :)

Well, tomorrow I'm going to try for another 90 minutes of exercise. I'll be walking for 45 and working out at the gym for 45. Then I'm taking the kids in to have their pics done. DS said it looked like I was losing some weight. YAY! (That's cause I am... :D )

Hun.e.B 11-14-2006 08:55 PM

Well just to follow the rest of my day dinner did not go as planned, we just did leftovers, but I did great with my portions! Now to meet with the elliptical...will she do it!!?

Have a great night all!

~melissa

Hun.e.B 11-14-2006 08:56 PM

BTW...way to go sugarbaby!!! You did GREAT with that exercise!! Good luck again tomorrow I have every faith you'll reach your goal! Kudos to your son for noticing all your hard work!!

~melissa

martiniforme 11-14-2006 11:18 PM

Jasmine:
Quote:

Hi Martini! Busy day eh babe?
Oh, dear. Hahaha, yes!!! Just had a ton of things to do, and got going late, peeyew!

Quote:

Oh and by the way this a.m. I am now down to 215!!!! Whoohooo!! SO I have lost 4 pounds this month and 5 since we started the thread. Whoohoo!!!
Congrats!!! That is soo good. Before you know it, you'll be in the 100's!!!!!!

Dolly: I responded to you in the 20-something's weekly chat :)

Melissa:
Quote:

I tend to overeat pasta.
When it comes to pasta, I try to eat slowly. I'm always tempted to just scarf it down. When I spend a good 30 or so minutes eating the pasta, it's like I can hear my body say enough. Well, eating most foods slowly, anyway. It kind of gives my body a chance to think about it and a little more time to decide :)

Quote:

Mande...how'd your day go? Busy days just throw me for a loop, I dont do well!
Surprisingly well! Haha. I never made it to the gym either, but I spent a good 35 or so minutes shoveling snow, which apparently burns more calories than circuit training, so hoorah! I will just have to go 3 days in a row :( I hate walking to the gym in the snow, its sooo cold out!

Quote:

Does anyone watch 30 minute meals with rachel ray? She did a 60 minute thanksgiving and one of her before dinner muchies was toasted chickpeas...they looked interesting, just wondering if anyone has ever tried them.
I've never seen the show, but I do know I love chickpeas. I think it might be you that likes to snack on humus and pita bread? Same deal! I could only imagine how good chickpeas roasted would be :D

Sugarbaby:
Quote:

Looks like you're doing a great job with your diet and exercise. Keep it up Girl!
Thanks :) I'm trying. And you guys are a HUGE help. Coming here and posting/reading really helps to keep me focused on my goals!

--

Well, as I've said, today was busy. Worked, then the MIL invited us over for dinner, Maui Ribs & Rice. I went over, tasted a bite of DF's, but didn't take any for myself. I just can not eat them knowing how much brown sugar is probably in the sauce, plus it's not a lean meat, she cooks it whole, fat and all! So I'm home now, and planning to proceed with my chicken and rice :D Or maybe I'll just make a chicken sandwich, that would be tasty, and wouldn't affect my carb intake since I was already planning on eating rice.

Damn, I want to buy a treadmill, but they are so bloody expensive! I don't want to buy a cheap one that will only last a couple months or so, and I need to get one that will allow my weight. I mean, the good ones are around $1200-2000+ CAD. GAH!

MIL bought me some cashmere socks, talk about nice and toasty warm!

So there's this cat roaming around our house (not sure if I mentioned it), and I finally found his owners. Turns out the woman is asthmatic, and the kitty is forced to live outside. Avg temps of -17C to -40+C. I can't have that! She was so excited when she found out Shaun and I wanted to adopt the kitty, and she is going to speak to her daughter and let me know. When I went out today, I saw the fresh paw prints in the snow, and I am just dying knowing the kitty is out in knee-high snow :(((( I am going to leave my garage open a crack (separate from the house) so he can get out of the snow and wind. Also, today DF was at the shop and he saw a tiny little white kitten. He went to grab it, and it ran away. The shop isn't near any housing, so if he sees the kitty again, and it survives the night, he is going to bring it home.

That will be 4 cats in total, but Chimpy is 22, and Neda (2) needs some friends. Chimpy was adopted from the animal shelter 17 years ago, and a friend found Neda nursing kittens (she was just a little under a year herself) in a burned down house. All the kittens were adopted, but no one took Neda, so I did! hehe. What can I say, the DF and I are animal lovers, and lord knows we have enough people and room for the love and space kitties need :)

Wow, this turned in to a novel. Goodnight!

~Mande

martiniforme 11-15-2006 12:45 AM

Umm, so I'm a keener, and here is my plan for tomorrow!

November 15, 2006
B: 1 srv Oatmeal, 1 md Banana
S: 100g LF Yogurt, 1 Kiwi
L:
1 cup Chkn&Rice Soup, apprx. 8 Baby Carrots (fresh)
S: 2 md Boiled Eggs, 1 md Pear w/ 2 tbsp PB
D: 2 srv Low-Cal (home made) Mac & Cheese, Salad (1 cup Romaine, 1/4 cup shredded Skim Mozzarella, 1 cup whole Mushrooms, 1/2 cup plain Croutons, 2 tbsp Calorie-Wise Caesar Dressing
S: 1 cup FF JELL-O

E: 45 min - Gym/Circuit, 30 min - Walking, 15 min - Snow Shoveling, 15 min - Calisthenics (I really need to catch up on exercise. I lowered my exercise goal, I need to start smaller, and don't want to set myself up for failure :S)

Cals: 1542
Fat: 27%
Carbs: 53%
Protein: 20%

lodyangel 11-15-2006 07:56 AM

Changing my goals.

Hi Everyone!

I have been so busy over the last week! I haven't got a chance to post.
Well I did really well until the past weekend and then I fell off. The weight is NOT coming off, even though I was doing 60+ minutes of exercise a day. I know why it's not coming off. I AM EATING ALL THE WRONG STUFF! It happens everytime I try to diet. I am concentrating on trying to eat all the good 4 me things and end up eating EVERYTHING! So I am like "Ta **** with it!" Instead of making a weight goal I am going to change my goal to a minutes worked out goal. I can see that goal changing and going down everyday and that should keep me motivated for awhile. Hopefully that will lead to weightloss. As far as my diet, I should be fine as long as i don't put a focus on food. I've had this attitude for a day or two and feel skinnier already. Don't think I really am, but hey! whatever works!

So later today I will figure up and post my new exercise goal! :carrot:

Everybody have a good day!

Hun.e.B 11-15-2006 09:31 AM

Well I did it!! 1 hour on the elliptical last night! Man was it hard! I wanted to give in at 45 minutes but I stuck it out!!

Here's the plan for today

exercise - no time for the gym so I'll go with the hour on the elliptical again, maybe some stretching at home

breakfast - oatmeal, huckleberries, skim milk
snack - SF shake
lunch - vegetable soup, pb toast
snack - yogurt w/ mandarin oranges
dinner - italian chicken pasta (for real this time!)
snack - SF jello w/ pinapple

Well see how it goes!! mande...I'm going to follow your advice to slow down while eating dinner tonight and see if that helps to just listen to my body. Thanks for the tip!! Have a fantastic day everyone! 8 more days!!

~melissa

dollypie 11-15-2006 11:59 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning it was so windy out side, walking into work my hair blew everywhere. Sometimes I wonder what's the point. Oh well it looks somewhat decent now, but hey everyone looks they got blown away too. Grandmother's b-day is tonight to cake and icecream. I am going to have a little to be social, but NO icing. I guess it is good that I don't really care for the icing anyway.

Jasmine: That is along time to walk...have you ever thought about walking a half marathon or marathon. A girl at my job is in training to run one and it is very inspiring.

Hun.e.B: Life happens all the time...at least you had good portions of leftovers

Sugarbaby: Great job on the work out...90 minutes...WOW!

martiniforme: I could never even fathom that amount or snow or the cold! I beat you are getting workout in itself shoveling that snow!

lodyangel 11-15-2006 01:00 PM

Here it is!

Okay i am not worried about the food. I should be okay if i just continue to eat my lean cuisine and smart ones meals. I will focus on working out, and watching my body change!!!

Here's my goal til Thanksgiving...work out every day for at least 50 minutes.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...2/exercise.png

I wanted to make a goal that I would be sure I could reach! I don't wanna get discouraged again.

Jasmine- congrats on the loss!:carrot:

martiniforme 11-16-2006 12:57 AM

I'm having trouble consuming so many calories on a regular basis, so I'm breaking my meals down to 9 a day. That's right, nine!

6:00am - Oatmeal w/ 1 lg Banana
8:00am - 1 Kiwi
10:00am - 100g Yogurt
12:00pm - 2 sv LF Mac & Cheese
2:00pm - 1 cup Baby Carrots (raw)
4:00pm - 2 md Boiled Eggs
6:00pm - Stir Fry (chicken brst, broccoli, mushrooms, 1 tsp oil) sv'd over 1 cup Rice
8:00pm - 1 cup FF Jell-O
10:00pm - 3oz fresh Raspberries

I wake up at 6, and go to sleep around 11 or 12, so this might work for me. I need to buy a watch with an alarm... hahaha.

martiniforme 11-16-2006 09:05 AM

Melody: That definitely makes sense. Do what works for you! And way to go on the exercise!

Melissa: I hope it works out for you! Besides, when people eat too fast, they don't really taste much of the food, and it always leaves me with an upset stomach :S

Dolly: HECK YES! Haha, but I'm used to it. Our family used to stockpile cords of wood, and my dad used to bring it home, chop it, and then the kids piled it. We all had to work together to stay warm. It's kind of like that with the snow. You do what you gotta do, and I surely am burning a ton of calories! Especially if I manage to lift a total of 10lbs/minute (which is not hard with snow hehe). And good on you for nix'ng the icing!

Just wanted to catch up on the personals. House sitting for the MIL again today. Hopefully Brenna actually goes to school, then I can go to the gym when she leaves. Eep! And they also have a bowflex :D

Jasmine31 11-16-2006 12:35 PM

dollypie:

Quote:

Thanks Jasmine...if I don't lose for Thanksgiving I will just be happy with maintaining.
That is a great plan too. ;)

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

I got the Barilla Plus pasta that has the Omega 3 acids. YUMMo...to quote rachel ray! LOL!
I am going to HAVE to try that! I also seen an add for egglands best (eggs) and they have omega in em!

Quote:

Jasmine....excellent job on those exercise minutes woman!! You are just rockin!! The lean cuisine french bread pizzas are pretty tasty, I love the sauce its pretty robust. Of course I'd love to have 2 of em but portions portions right! LOL! Way to go on another loss!!! You are such an amazing inspiration to keep going!!
Aww thanx sweetie! I appreciate the comments. I listen to you guys and it perks me up cause I have been feeling rather depressed lately. :( (read down below)

Quote:

No I don't have cable. I wish i could start watching cooking shows cause I am really gettinginto that now.

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

I made it walking and to the gym today. Total exercise for today was at least 90minutes.
Did great on my diet too... hopefully that scale will budge.
I hope it will budge for you too!! WTG on the exercise and diet!

Quote:

Jasmine Well done on your weight loss!
Thanx hun!!

Quote:

Well, tomorrow I'm going to try for another 90 minutes of exercise. I'll be walking for 45 and working out at the gym for 45. Then I'm taking the kids in to have their pics done. DS said it looked like I was losing some weight. YAY! (That's cause I am... )
He noticed? That is awesome!! Does he know you are working on it?

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Well just to follow the rest of my day dinner did not go as planned, we just did leftovers, but I did great with my portions! Now to meet with the elliptical...will she do it!!?

Have a great night all!
Great job on the portions! Get on that elliptical girl!!

martiniforme:

Quote:

Congrats!!! That is soo good. Before you know it, you'll be in the 100's!!!!!!
Thanx sweetie. I am just trying to hold that like the carrot in front of the horse. I should put that in my title.

Quote:

I spent a good 35 or so minutes shoveling snow, which apparently burns more calories than circuit training, so hoorah!
Wow!! Great job!!!

Quote:

Thanks I'm trying. And you guys are a HUGE help. Coming here and posting/reading really helps to keep me focused on my goals!
SAME HERE! I know that you all keep my spirits up. Knowing others with similiar struggles really helps!

Quote:

Well, as I've said, today was busy. Worked, then the MIL invited us over for dinner, Maui Ribs & Rice. I went over, tasted a bite of DF's, but didn't take any for myself. I just can not eat them knowing how much brown sugar is probably in the sauce, plus it's not a lean meat, she cooks it whole, fat and all! So I'm home now, and planning to proceed with my chicken and rice Or maybe I'll just make a chicken sandwich, that would be tasty, and wouldn't affect my carb intake since I was already planning on eating rice.
I would of wanted some! Go you!!!

Quote:

Damn, I want to buy a treadmill, but they are so bloody expensive! I don't want to buy a cheap one that will only last a couple months or so, and I need to get one that will allow my weight. I mean, the good ones are around $1200-2000+ CAD. GAH!
That is alot! Is that like a walking machine? Or running? I think there are fitness vids somewhere called walk away the pounds(in your house)

Quote:

MIL bought me some cashmere socks, talk about nice and toasty warm!
That was sweet!! Makes me miss my mom!

Quote:

So there's this cat roaming around our house (not sure if I mentioned it), and I finally found his owners. Turns out the woman is asthmatic, and the kitty is forced to live outside. Avg temps of -17C to -40+C. I can't have that! She was so excited when she found out Shaun and I wanted to adopt the kitty, and she is going to speak to her daughter and let me know. When I went out today, I saw the fresh paw prints in the snow, and I am just dying knowing the kitty is out in knee-high snow ((( I am going to leave my garage open a crack (separate from the house) so he can get out of the snow and wind. Also, today DF was at the shop and he saw a tiny little white kitten. He went to grab it, and it ran away. The shop isn't near any housing, so if he sees the kitty again, and it survives the night, he is going to bring it home.
Oh my gosh! We have strays around here we try to feed too. There is a black one that is adorable!! I call it my halloween kitty!!

lodyangel:

Quote:

I have been so busy over the last week! I haven't got a chance to post.
That is okay hun! We are glad to see ya! ;)

Quote:

Well I did really well until the past weekend and then I fell off. The weight is NOT coming off, even though I was doing 60+ minutes of exercise a day. I know why it's not coming off. I AM EATING ALL THE WRONG STUFF! It happens everytime I try to diet. I am concentrating on trying to eat all the good 4 me things and end up eating EVERYTHING! So I am like "Ta **** with it!" Instead of making a weight goal I am going to change my goal to a minutes worked out goal. I can see that goal changing and going down everyday and that should keep me motivated for awhile. Hopefully that will lead to weightloss. As far as my diet, I should be fine as long as i don't put a focus on food. I've had this attitude for a day or two and feel skinnier already. Don't think I really am, but hey! whatever works!
Awww sweetie I have been in that place before! You can look up a few pages ago I think I was talking to huneb. I was exercising but my portions were still too much! Have you tried cal counting? It has worked great for Mande and i and probably some others!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Well I did it!! 1 hour on the elliptical last night! Man was it hard! I wanted to give in at 45 minutes but I stuck it out!!
WTG sweetie!!

dollypie:

Quote:

Grandmother's b-day is tonight to cake and icecream. I am going to have a little to be social, but NO icing. I guess it is good that I don't really care for the icing anyway.
Sounds good!! On haloween that is what i did too. Two cupcakes and no frosting. The only frosting I actually like is whipped cream! lol

Quote:

Jasmine: That is along time to walk...have you ever thought about walking a half marathon or marathon. A girl at my job is in training to run one and it is very inspiring.
*sigh* No never really thought about it. Right now I am trying to do brief spurts of running. Like walking fast then running for a few til I get to the corner etc. It is really helping my upper tummy.

lodyangel:

Quote:

Okay i am not worried about the food. I should be okay if i just continue to eat my lean cuisine and smart ones meals. I will focus on working out, and watching my body change!!

Here's my goal til Thanksgiving...work out every day for at least 50 minutes.
That sounds great!!

Quote:

Jasmine- congrats on the loss!
Thanx hun!

martiniforme:

Quote:

I'm having trouble consuming so many calories on a regular basis, so I'm breaking my meals down to 9 a day. That's right, nine!
I am the same way Mande. Some days it is like I could be happy at 1400!! Then I try to see what I can add in. It is frustrating sometimes. On days where you feel like you can eat less, maybe go ahead and do so, cause there are some days wehn you will want to eat a bit more. That is what I do sometimes.

Quote:

Just wanted to catch up on the personals. House sitting for the MIL again today. Hopefully Brenna actually goes to school, then I can go to the gym when she leaves. Eep! And they also have a bowflex
SOunds like fun! Is the bowflex the all over body?

be right back

Jasmine31 11-16-2006 12:46 PM

Okay so I have come to the realization that I am depressed. I got my period last week so when I was feeling that way I thought that was the reason. But it has been over for a few days and i am still feeling the same way. The two middle kids are home today and they are fighting and screaming with each other. uggghh!!!! I am happy I get to spend extra time with the two little dears but right now it is like will you both shut the heck up and play nice?!? :lol:

This is what I posted in the gen section in a thread:

Okay so I have come to the realization that I am depressed. I got my period last week so when I was feeling that way I thought that was the reason. But it has been over for a few days and i am still feeling the same way. The two middle kids are home today and they are fighting and screaming with each other. uggghh!!!! I am happy I get to spend extra time with the two little dears but right now it is like will you both shut the heck up and play nice?!? :lol:

This is what I posted in the gen section in a thread:

lilybelle:

Quote:

I'm at my goal and somedays I feel like I look great, somedays I feel like I still look BIG. Today is a thin day for me and I feel good. On the days that I feel bigger, I try to remind myself where I came from. If I eat off program one meal, I feel 10 lbs. heavier immediately, even though, of course the scale doesn't show that. Some clothes flatter my figure better than others. I try to wear more form-fitting clothes now. I think the looser clothes do nothing for my figure.
Well I am not near "goal" yet but I feel the same way! I have always tried to wear more form fitting clothes plus a tummy tightener cause then I feel more trimmer, if I don't then I feel more frumpy and don't tend to watch what I am doing(at least in the beginning) Nowadays I am so on track most of the time it has more to do with me feeling my best.

Mom2QJandT:

Quote:

WOW - - I came here to post almost the same thing. I have lost a substantial amount of weight and yet I think that I am almost feeling worse about my body. I think "wow, I've lost almost 60 pounds and I still look like a cow".
That is exactly how I am feeling! I was 280 June of 2006 and got down to 250 by December of 2005 and was really proud. I had to take a few months off due to pregnancy and miscarriage but maintained yet lost a little muscle due to no walking and taking it easy. Anyhow Aporil 24 I was raring to go and was 250. I got back on track but had to regain muscle and I was still eating ALOT although healthier stuff. I hit 238.5 August 1, 2006

My weight loss stalled for about a month cause it was so hot in August that my walking was cut in half and I was still being bad with portions. By Sept 7 I was 235 and I swear I felt better and thought I looked so great then! I think part of it was getting back on the losing streak. That was when I discovered cal counting so I knew I was on my way again. I have been losing steadily ever since. Usually about 2 pounds a week. The month of October I lost about 9.75 pounds, the month of Sept I think it was like 7. But the point I am getting to is now I am at 214.5 and I feel humongous!!! I feel like a fat cow! I feel fatter than I did at 235!!! That is 20 pounds difference!!! (I know I am thinner though) Last month my average for walking was 67 minutes a day, this month I have upped it and am at an average of 89 a day. But I just feel fat and I feel like the weight is not coming off, even though it is. I was 219 when we started the month and I am 214.5 now. So 4.5 pounds.

It was so bad yesterday that I didn't even want to go out in public! The day before I looked in the mirror and my tummy looked huge! It is weird it is like the top part is going down which makes my boobs look great, but it feels like it is falling to the bottom(the tummy). I looked great straight on with the jeans and shirt, but when I looked sideways I was like good lord! I am huge!! I thought, well put your tummy tightener on. Then I remembered I already had it on ! :( I put a longer shirt on to cover it. I was feeling so down I didn't even want to go see my hubby for lunch. (I bring us a sack lunch 4 days and the other day we eat out)

He left me a sweet little note on the computer though. Anyhow I am really hoping this is just a transition phase and that this is going to melt ogff soon. I know like some of the other women have said when they have a problem area it does get slimmer with losing weight but they still notice it. I know even before when I was 15 and lost alot of weight. Down from like 215 to about 160, I looked great but still had a little tummy, it didn't really bug me though. But I do remember I had it.

Someone please tell me this tummy is going to shrink!!! :lol:

Quote:

I am so aware of how I look now that I get almost obsessive about it. I never tried on more than one outfit before work before I started losing and now I never leave without at least 3 wardrobe changes. It seems that the more I lose and the more I care the less satisfied I become. Anyone else?
I am feeling the same way!!

MissieA:

Quote:

And I think my body was more proportionate when I was heavier. Now, the tummy ponch stands out more.
That is exactly me!

OnePerDecade:

Quote:

I've heard that weight doesn't always come off evenly -- I know that at times in the past few months my proportions have been WAY off (my waist was smaller but no change on my hips, so I looked heavier when I was actually about 20 lbs less!) I think that is why some of us are wondering why clothes still don't look "right" after losing the pounds...
Please tell me it gets better dear! Good Lord!!!

Jasmine31 11-16-2006 12:49 PM

I am just depressed and I really feel like I just do NOT want to go out in public! I couldn't even find my tight underwear yesterday and am looking high and low today! :(

This is what I posted in the challenge thread:

Thanx I know it is just rough. I am tempted to drop cals but I know with my walking more I shouldn't. I am goihng to take a peek at Glory. I know she was about 195 and I think she was doing 1400-1600 a day. Maybe that IS what I need to do?

11679 for the 7 days (including today) = an average of 1668 cals a day.

I think I am going to cut 2 ounces of chicken out and that would put me at 1600 for the day.

Blah, I just don't know what to do. I feel like such a cow!!! It is like my waist is getting tinier and I have this huge bulge at my tummy now!! :(

sugarbaby269 11-16-2006 03:10 PM

So sorry to hear that you are bumming Jasmine. I''m just so excited for you that you're losing faithfully and exercising so much! :hug: This dieting is new for me so I can't really help with any great advice or anything but here's a hug for ya! :hug: I do know that things get rearranged as one loses weight so maybe this is just one of those stages thingy magiggies.

martiniforme 11-16-2006 04:51 PM

Aww Jazzy, chin up :) I honestly think it's a woman thing. No matter how large or small we are, we will always have "fat" days. There are some days I just want to stay in my PJs with a paper bag over my head. I haven't been feeling so down about my weight, more so my looks (face and such) these days. Other than walking, what are you doing for toning your muscles? If you are only doing cardio, I can imagine that the weight is coming off, but other than your legs for the most part, other muscles aren't being toned. I've been doing Calisthenics, and I'm hoping that will make sure everything stays toned so that I don't have too much baggy skin (something I am very worried about, and already saving up if surgery is required).

Now, it's been said to be a myth that fat turns in to muscle (and being 2 completely different biological compenents that do not tie in to eachother at all, that makes a lot of sense!), but just feeling more toned in the muscular area of your abdomen might make you feel more secure :) Just some ideas.

In the meantime, what kind of tummy tuckers do you wear? I live religiously by mine. They are a full thigh, go straight to just underneath my breast, and I rarely leave home without them. They just smooth things out, and help to make me feel more confident. Funny, but I love them, so I definitely feel your pain :(

dollypie 11-16-2006 05:41 PM

Howdy Ladies!

Jasmine: Don't get yourself down, you are my biggest motivator on this board! We all have our down and fat days! Just take a step back and look how much you have accomplished and how proud of yourself and who you are. We have all had setbacks and have learned to overcome them. I know you can do it!

Martiniforme: You meal plan looks great. I have always heard to have some sort of protein when you eat though. I don't know if this is true or not, just a suggestion. I understand about feeling like you eat so much. I am the same way. Now I realize I used to eat so many empty calories and now I eating filling calories. I guess the rumor about fiber filling you up it true.

Jasmine31 11-16-2006 06:30 PM

Ladies thanx so much. You all really do cheer me up! I will get to personals later but I just got back from walking home 35 minutes and paying a bill. The kids are little angels and found my tight undies under my bed! :lol: We all went out on the bus earlier to see Joey for lunch and that was a pain in the *** as the highway is all under construction so the bus we took(walked 15 minutes to get to) was 15 minutes late! Even worse the bus we could of normally stepped on at 1:00 to get us right home by 1:30 was running 50 minutes late. So we lolled around, walked for a while and went and got some tortillas from a mexican rest.., thinking that bus was 50 minutes late 1 1/2 hours earlier and guess what? I don't know how they did it but they got ahead of being so behind and we were waiting for them on the wrong side of the street because of this! ugghhhh....we were able to catch the other bus though, the one that is generally a 15 minute walk so we had it let us off near the bill place and just walked 35 minutes home. So all in all, I have 80 minutes under my belt today! I am feeling a lil better and I know these are the hard times we all just have to push thru! My hubby has a dentist apt out there tonite after work and he wants me to meet him so I am off again in about 20 minutes. tata for now!

martiniforme 11-16-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollypie (Post 1474418)
Martiniforme: You meal plan looks great. I have always heard to have some sort of protein when you eat though. I don't know if this is true or not, just a suggestion. I understand about feeling like you eat so much. I am the same way. Now I realize I used to eat so many empty calories and now I eating filling calories. I guess the rumor about fiber filling you up it true.

Eeep. I dunno if I could eat protein with every meal/snack, but today I managed to get 28% for my daily intake, 8% above the recommended daily. All in the chicken and the eggs, and the PB! :D:D:D

Jasmine31 11-17-2006 10:17 AM

Wow if I thought wed. was exhausting! I had no idea! I normally walk briskly, try to throw in a few minutes of jogging or running here and there..about 90 minutes a day. But yesterday I wound up at 2 hours and 35 minutes cause of the damn buses! They were doing construction on the major highway to get to the other town so both the buses were running really late. When the 32 dropped me off at a stop about 35 minutes from home so I could go pay a bill, I didn't mind walking the rest of the way in my lil town. But I forgot the times.

Well actually i remembered them but when i started walking 15 min to get to that bus later I second guessed myself and thought it had already passed, so i started walking toward the other bus only to see it was about a few miles away on another street going the opposite way(it already passed my house while I was heading for the other bus in other words) and just as a reminder these damn buses only come every 90 minutes!! ugghhh The 15 minute walk from my house one is generally 30 minutes behind the other one but they were both running off time.

Anyhow We were already walking back and down another street so I figured what the ****, we'll just walk to the main hub in town and one of them will come back eventually. I wanted to go home but today was joeys dentist apt and he was already cranky and I knew he really wanted me to be there to at least pick him up. So we pushed on. By the time I realized I was right and should of stayed at the first stop it was too late.

I remembered, got off the bus at 2:20 at hub, walked to pay bill, looked at the clock and it was 2:40, left and started walking and heard the bus making its way to that stop at 2:50, so with that it would of come back to that exact spot 90 minutes later. So at roughly 4:20 it would be there again(or a few later) and that was the stop 22 min from my house, the earlier stop would of been 15 minutes from my house which would of been roughly 4:05. (The stops are 15 min apart but only 5 minutes difference for me but it is cause they are in different directions. One is north of me and they go around one lil hosuing complex over there before looping back to the stop that is east of me. ) And I was already walking there at the correct time and would of been there. But I had second guessed myself and all I remembered was 2:22 SO I had started thinking it had already passed at 3:50 or so. But after I was like 30 minutes walking away from there, I realized that 2:22 was when it dropped me off cause I payed the bill at 2:40 and that the bus zoomed by at 2:50 and that if I had stayed where i was almost at the bus would of been there. I thought great! So the other stop I was nearing they would actually get there at about 4:25 or so.

So Karolina and I started running. even though I was really tired and had already walked alot that day. Guess what we seen coming and didn't even bother to pull over while we were running toward it? Yep! The bus! Now we were still a few minutes running away from it to the side so maybe it didn't see us. sad.gif idk I was very upset though. So basically what would of been 15 walking to that bus turned into 71 minutes!!! plus the other walking we did that day. I wound up at 155 minutes yesterday! I was tired and irritated. The other bus didn't come back to that corner til 5:40!!!

Thank God Joey was at the correct bus stop out there and he was upset to hear about the bus thing and to top it all off they didn't do **** to his teeth! We went lst week for a consultation. And they told him he would need to go to the oral surgeon to get a wisdom tooth pulled. They gave him medicine and said that he could come bac in 3 days to have a different one pulled, the one that has been bugging him. That was friday. She wanted the apt for monday. I thought **** that isnt even really 3 days if you start the poills sat. so I told her to make the apt for theursday. She did. I also specifically asked her if he had to get the wisdom tooth pulled right away or if just get it taken care of soon kind of thing. She said it was up to him when. Well he gets there last nite and they tell him they cant do anything til the wisdom tooth is pulled and that he hasnt been on the meds long enough to do ANYTHING else!!!! He was really pissed and so was I!!! Hes like well then why did you make me an apt at all????? Good lord we are both pissed!!! anyhow enough ranting for now.

brb

Hun.e.B 11-17-2006 10:18 AM

Good morning everyone, have to make it quick again. Sorry I went MIA yesterday but I had 2 exams and another to study for that I'm taking today...I'm SO ready for thanksgiving break!! I was down 1 lb this morning!! I had expected a little more than that but since we had pizza last night and AF is circling the building I suppose thats still something pretty GREAT! Any loss is a win in my book!

Speaking of AF my dd started hers for the first time today...ugh the heartache, my baby isnt a baby anymore. But, I'm taking her out for a special lunch today (I let her stay home from school) and we'll do some girlie things just the 2 of us.

Okay better eat my oatmeal and get the car warmed up...Have a GREAT day everyone and I'll be back later to check in with you all!!