3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96848-5-10-pounds-lose-turkey-day-challenge.html)

martiniforme 11-17-2006 10:44 AM

Having to go to work, this will be quick. Weigh in day. It's friday!

Gained .2. Not really surprised. I have had a few episodes over the week, and I know these empty calories are what is holding me back. Plus the gym was closed Monday, never made it Tuesday or Wednesday. Went yesterday, and have to go today to make up for lost time.

Today's Meal isn't complete yet. The DF and I are going in to Cold Lake to do some shopping (aka: There's a video game he wants to buy, and is disguising it as a need for groceries even though we have a perfectly good grociery store here, heh). Cals up to afternoon snack are low in case we eat out in Cold Lake, which is most likely the case.

Blarg! I looked at treadmills on EBay, and to say the least, I am not satisfied. Maybe I should just get an exercise bike? But won't that make my butt stay flabby?

Jasmine31 11-17-2006 10:54 AM

Sounds like fun. Sorry about the gain hun! ABout the bike, everyone I know who has them they make great for putting things on! ;) I really wish you could walk, it is excellent exercise! Oh and I forgot, I am down another .50 pound! So that is 1.5 this week and official weigh in day is on sunday! Hooray!!

Jasmine31 11-17-2006 11:07 AM

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

So sorry to hear that you are bumming Jasmine. I''m just so excited for you that you're losing faithfully and exercising so much! This dieting is new for me so I can't really help with any great advice or anything but here's a hug for ya! I do know that things get rearranged as one loses weight so maybe this is just one of those stages thingy magiggies
Thanx hun! I think I am just being a brat and just want this to all fall off at once! :lol: :hug: I think you are right about the rearranging thing. I am going to make a concerted effort to try to bike ride some this weekend!

martiniforme:

Quote:

Aww Jazzy, chin up I honestly think it's a woman thing. No matter how large or small we are, we will always have "fat" days. There are some days I just want to stay in my PJs with a paper bag over my head. I haven't been feeling so down about my weight, more so my looks (face and such) these days.
You are right hun! I feel ya on the face thing! That is what used to bug me the most cause I could cut the fat rolls out in pics if I want to but I can't hide the huge face. haha
It will get better though hun. It was about 235 foor me when I started being happy with it again and thinking yeah! I got my face back!! Yours will come back too!!

Quote:

Other than walking, what are you doing for toning your muscles? If you are only doing cardio, I can imagine that the weight is coming off, but other than your legs for the most part, other muscles aren't being toned.
What else would you recommend? I am going to try to start biking a little this weekend and I really need to do those damn pilates!

Quote:

I've been doing Calisthenics, and I'm hoping that will make sure everything stays toned so that I don't have too much baggy skin (something I am very worried about, and already saving up if surgery is required).
What calisthenics are you doing? I have also heard that slow weight loss is best to try to prevent baggy skin but it also depends on age, how long overweight, etc.

Quote:

Now, it's been said to be a myth that fat turns in to muscle (and being 2 completely different biological compenents that do not tie in to eachother at all, that makes a lot of sense!), but just feeling more toned in the muscular area of your abdomen might make you feel more secure Just some ideas.
I think you are right, I don't think it turns into muclle but that the fat loses and the muscle builds. Like look at a piece of roast with the meat and fat on it for instance. I need to start doing crunches!

Quote:

In the meantime, what kind of tummy tuckers do you wear? I live religiously by mine. They are a full thigh, go straight to just underneath my breast, and I rarely leave home without them. They just smooth things out, and help to make me feel more confident. Funny, but I love them, so I definitely feel your pain
Okay the one I have I have had for about 8 years! Didn't used to wear it much though in the last few years. Started wearing it again around 250 and wear it almost all the time. I got it at Mervynns but don't remember what brand. It is just for the tummy, basically like thick tight underwear. I told myself this one is wearing thin in some spots so when i get to 200 I am getting some new ones! The one you have sounds great! What brand is it??

dollypie:

Quote:

Howdy Ladies!

Jasmine: Don't get yourself down, you are my biggest motivator on this board! We all have our down and fat days! Just take a step back and look how much you have accomplished and how proud of yourself and who you are. We have all had setbacks and have learned to overcome them. I know you can do it!
Thanx so much sweetie! I think I am just a brat! :lol: I know I can do it and am doing it I just want it done already! :lol:

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Good morning everyone, have to make it quick again. Sorry I went MIA yesterday but I had 2 exams and another to study for that I'm taking today...I'm SO ready for thanksgiving break!! I was down 1 lb this morning!! I had expected a little more than that but since we had pizza last night and AF is circling the building I suppose thats still something pretty GREAT! Any loss is a win in my book!
WTG on the pound sweetie!! You are doing great!!

Quote:

Speaking of AF my dd started hers for the first time today...ugh the heartache, my baby isnt a baby anymore. But, I'm taking her out for a special lunch today (I let her stay home from school) and we'll do some girlie things just the 2 of us.
Awww that is so sweet! Mine hasn't started hers yet.

my ivy 11-17-2006 11:09 AM

Hi Girls,
I have been MIA due to a bad virus I seem to have caught :( I have sore THROAT and bad cough and just feel week aside from it all my little one has it as well. I am glad to announce my son Dragis won 3rd place in wrestling competition on Sat:carrot: and today at noon he wrestles as well as tomorrow. Besides the fact my little one has a baseball game tomorrow as well I cant stand not to be able to be at both places at once so I guess tomorrow I will try to be Super mom and rush from one place to another. Hey I hope every one is still loosing;) Does anyone watch the show biggest looser? It's so motivating to me I love to watch it I feel like working out for hours after show:carrot:
Jasmin: I follow the SBD book as a guide but I don't do phases I just stay away from the things my Dr said to avoid.
Mande: Hope you got your Glucosamine.
Hun: HI:D hope you are well.

Welcome to all the newbies!!!!!!:cheer:

I will have to go now.

PS I got an awesome shirt from wrestling team I will wear today

slogan WRESTLERS GOT THEM OTHERS PLAY WITH THEM!!!!
AND SHOWS PICTURES OF DIFFERENT SPORTS BALLS.:rofl:

IS THAT FUNNY OR WHAT:joker:

Take care all!!!!!

Ivy

littlegg 11-17-2006 11:34 AM

10 lbs off!!!Yahoooo!!!How much do you have to lose to come down a size in your pants

:carrot: Wow I dont think Ive seen that on the scale for over a year!!!
Ive been pretty diligent with calorie counting 14-1600 calories, occasionally over, and occasionally exercising when I am not too tired from work, But this feels great! I beat my goal by 6 days, I just hope I can continue...Burning question though how much weight do you have to lose to come down a size in your pants? :flow2:

Jasmine31 11-17-2006 11:35 AM

Okay so turkey day is less than a week away! Hooray! I am down 6 pounds so yes i am proud of that. I don't think I will hit 10 by t~day but I should probably hit about 8, not bad at all! I will defo hit 10 by the end of the month though!!! Good luck ladies!

Jasmine31 11-17-2006 11:51 AM

Hi Ivy good to see you and little egg! :hug:

Ivy I hope you feel better and glad you found what is working for you!
Quote:

10 lbs off!!!Yahoooo!!!How much do you have to lose to come down a size in your pants
Little egg you are doing great!! WTG on the 10 pound loss!!!! Hooray!!! It all depends on sizes, the larger someone is the harder to come down a size. The smaller the quicker. I am 214 right now and wear a 18 in jeans. I wear a 16 in stretch pants.

Here is my new shirt I tok a pic of in over the weekend. I should of ironed it now looking at it! :lol: Just wanted to share with you all, everyone else is welcome to share any pics too!!

See the side view? My boobs are peeking out a little so I need to lose a few more or get a tighter bra before going out in public! haha But I just had to take a few pics. I just love the blouse!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../DCFC00151.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...x/DCFC0013.gif

my ivy 11-17-2006 11:52 AM

I began my diet on 9/1/06 and have lost 36 pounds so far I was a size 2x and yesterday I tried on my old size 13 junior stretch pants which I had to wear a girdle to get into :D And now they are very, very baggy I may not wear them again to big around butt & thighs. I am very happy:carrot: :carrot: I think maybe you loose a size at about 10-15 lbs. Every one is different some loose more inches and some loose more weight.

I am keeping a picture diary will post soon when I reach my goal.:crossed:

Good Luck Little egg;)

Jasmine31 11-17-2006 11:54 AM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../DCFC00192.jpg

my ivy 11-17-2006 11:59 AM

Hey Jasmin,

You look grate I love your hair color I wish I could have it ever since I was a little girl I always loved red hair all my Barbie's and boys I liked had red hair.
So what if you show a little? I always do HA HA HA I will post a picture of me soon as I find one. Its nice to see who your loosing Buddy's are.

You are doing excellent!!!!

littlegg 11-17-2006 12:53 PM

Congrats! Jasmine and My Ivy

You guys are both doing great! I am in a 14 Jr seems like forever now, at least they're not as tight as they used to be! I sure would like to be able to get my dupa in a 12 Jr. That would be some great incentive. I am off this weekend and we are going to the mountains, sure hope I have the will power
to stay on track...my incentive I keep a little picture embedded in my mind from about 8 yr ago when I was with my daughters on the beach, (we looked more like sisters at that time)I lost 17# with weight watchers prior to that and I think I was all down hill after that... started packing on the lbs. I'd like to look like that again for our Feb vacation ansd keep it off this time! I am calorie counting now and exercising now and then but usually I am too exhausted physically and mentally. I have a high stress job and I work shifts which doesnt help much either.Oh well maybe with the next 5 # I'll go to an 11/12 Jr. Great Chrstmas present that would be!

dollypie 11-17-2006 02:00 PM

Okay I am having two Thanksgiving meals this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I am doing some of the cooking so my food options will be low calorie and then I try to make healthy choices. I am going to go with the one plate method. Only one plate of food and one piece of dessert. NO SECONDS OR THIRDS!!!! Also if there is a veggie tray I will munch on those, but no creamy dips.

Maritiniforme: I got to wondering where I had heard you are suppose to eat protein w/ every meal so I Googled it. I actually found alot of links, here is one from Shape Magazine.

7. There's no shortage of myths about protein. Which of the following is good advice?
a) Aim to eat protein at every meal.
b) Get at least 40 percent of your calories from protein.
c) Eat protein after weight-training workouts and carbs after cardio workouts.
d) Get 50 percent of your protein from animal sources and 50 percent from plant sources.
e) Refrain from mixing protein with carbs at most meals.

Answer: a. Protein takes longer to digest than carbohydrate, so a meal or snack that combines protein and carbs (such as cereal with milk) will keep you feeling satisfied longer than a carb-only meal (such as a bagel and orange juice). An active woman should get 15-20 percent of her calories from protein; 40 percent is way too high. Aim to get more of your protein from plant sources than animal sources because animal products tend to contain more saturated fat. Choose complex carbs -- like fruit, vegetables and whole grains -- over simple sugars or white- and refined-flour grains. (Complex carbs, because they are high in fiber, stay with you longer than refined carbs.)

Jasmine: I am so glad that you are getting out of you funk. I sympathize with you on having to deal with bus situation, I would go totally nuts if I were you. Hang in there girl, at least you are getting alot of walking in. And did I forget to say you are looking FANTABULOUS!

Hun.e.B: I hope you had a great day with your daughter.

sugarbaby269 11-17-2006 02:10 PM

Well stink!
I went to post and somehow it all got erased... Grrrr.
So to make a longer post shorter... Congrats to all of you that are losing. :cheer:
Jasmine you are so funny and I love your hair color! The pics look fab btw.
Ivy how in the world did you lose so much weight so fast? You must be so proud.

Well, I've got to jet I'm on my way to the gym.

martiniforme 11-18-2006 01:40 AM

Jasmine: A couple of things that you can do around the house if you aren't able to get to the gym etc, is do weight lifting with cans of soup :) For toning, you don't want to lift ALOT, that's for building. You want to do more frequent repetitions of smaller weights, like 2-4lbs per hand. Also, for Calisthenics, I do lady pushups (on my knees, hehe), and I will do crunches (not situps, those KILL me!). What I do is spend about 10 minutes on each. I will do 10 crunches, then rest for 10 seconds, do another 10, and so on. As you keep going, you will probably take more time to recuperate between sets of 10, but that's okay :) I don't count how many I do total, just that I did this for this set of time today. The pushups I will do about 5, then wait 10 seconds or so, do another 5, etc. Hope that helps! The weights and stretchy bands you can usually get at WalMart. I almost bought this Bally's beginner set today. It had the ball, pump, two 2-pound weights, and 2 stretchy bands (for resistance training). It was 36.00 Canadian. I decided just to get a yoga mat for my calisthenics. I was using a blanket before (all hardwood and tile in our house), and that was killing me hehe. OH! And I couldn't not find WATP (I think it's an American thing), but I found something pretty much the same. It's made my Stolls Pilates. Also, word to the wise about the pilates, THEY ARE HARD!!! Haha, so start at the beginner one if you've never done them before. Yikes, I almost died on intermediate!!

martiniforme 11-18-2006 01:53 AM

Wow, look at that. I actually stay away from the board for a day, and I'm all like WOW! So many posts! hahaha.

dolly: Thanks for looking that up for me :) Sometimes I wonder if successful calorie counters aren't just closet mathematicians! Also, that is a really good TG plan, good luck and enjoy yourself!

ivy: Congratulations to your little one!!! And I LOVE the T-Shirt! I wish that Jamie (other girl on my team) and I had thought of that when we were wrestling! Maybe something like "We have 'em, you play with them." In reference to the other male wrestlers who's butts we kicked!! LOL

jasmine: WHOA! Hot Tamale! My boob always shows in my dress shirts, too :( Haha. I just started wearing a white tank top underneath them, which also helped to hide the lining of my "tummy tuckers."

littlegg: Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! You sure have achieved quite a goal, good on you!!! :cheer:

sugar: aww! I hate when that happens, especially when there isn't enough time to write a new rendition of the original post :(

melissa: Aww! Congrats to your daughter! I know when I first got mine, I didn't think it was a big deal, but after talking with my step mom, I felt I had really crossed an invisible threshold in to woman hood.

martiniforme 11-18-2006 02:03 AM

And if we're doing pictures.... Hahaha. They're big, sorry!!

DF
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/DCFC0164.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/DCFC0149.jpg

Me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/DCFC0135.jpg

A Thinner Me From A Few Years Ago
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...004Resized.jpg

And I love this picture because it really says a lot about my personality. Look who you're socializing with! Haha, I promise that craziness is not contagious! ...Most of the time, hehehe.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...sprints/00.jpg

sugarbaby269 11-18-2006 02:08 AM

LOL.... cute pics Martini!!!

You don't even look the weight you've posted.... :D

martiniforme 11-18-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarbaby269 (Post 1475533)
LOL.... cute pics Martini!!!

You don't even look the weight you've posted.... :D

Hehe, thanks. The boobs say it all! I honestly think that a good 20lbs is boobs alone :(

martiniforme 11-18-2006 02:13 AM

Oh, and I almost forgot to post to the general population.
Today I bought:
1 Yoga Mat
1 Speedometer/Odometer/Pulse Tracker/Timer
1 Stolls Pilates Walking DVD (aka: cheaper version of WATP, watched it, and I like it. It's interactive, and the people in the group actually vary and are real people)

Hoorah!

K, midnight, I should really go to bed, but I'm sooo wired! I don't normally drink caffeine, but had a diet Dr. Pepper today, and now I'm just buzzing :S

my ivy 11-18-2006 09:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi girls,

I am happy as can be I will share my new photos of me how I look as of yesterday and I am also keeping a picture diary I will post when I accomplish my goal. This time of year is difficult on weight loss:mad: and I am sick so I don't even feel like working out:( .

On a better not my son Dragis won his match yesterday my goodness the boy he wrestled was all muscles and about 4inces taller I was so worried:o
But my boy pined him down on mat and won In 4 min:carrot: :D I was so proud and my hubby was so emotional he cried and I have only seen him cry once in 18 years and was when his dad almost died. Well that was yesterday he wrestles again today his school is in 2nd place out of ten schools and he has only been wrestling 4 months.:carrot: :D And I have little league baseball as well I will rrruuuusssshhhhh!! from one place to another clear across town.

So here I am as of yesterday!!!:carrot:

No more fat girl pants:carrot: (no offense):hug:

Attachment 24118

Attachment 24119

Attachment 24120

Attachment 24121

sugarbaby269 11-18-2006 04:47 PM

Go Ivy!You're looking great! Glad your son whupped his opponent. :D
Martini Girl, your getting serious! Nice smart purchases.... ;) I want to get the whatchamacallit that tracks how many steps you've taken? I'm not sure what it's called. I'm hoping to pick one up next week.

Walked today for 1 hour and went to gym for 40 minutes. I have NOT lost a stinking pound but I hope I'm shrinking. It feels like it. Wonder why I'm not losing BUUUUUUT I refuse to give up and I will lose eventually.
Go me! :D

martiniforme 11-18-2006 05:49 PM

sugar: That's what I got! If you just want to get a step counter, it's called a pedometer. I looked it up haha.
This is what I got:
"GOWalking by SPORTLINE."
-Take your pulse while you exercise
-Accurately measures steps taken
-Calculates how many calories you have burned, how long you exercise and time of day
-'Smart-timer' feature knows not to count false movement
-Easily displays distance in miles or kilometers

Basically, I entered my weight, and the length of my stride, so not only does it count my steps, it tells me how many km I walked (or miles, whatever your pref). Based on my weight, time of walking, and distance, it calculates how many calories I burned. I paid less than $40.00 Canadian, and have already tested it out, and it works for me. I can still return it within 90 days if it turns out to be a piece of crap LOL. I bought it from Wal-Mart, so we'll see... heh.
SPORTLINE - GOWalking Pedometer. Like I said, cheaper to buy from Wal-Mart than the actual SPORTLINE website.

Ivy: Looking GREAT! No offense taken. You deserve not to wear fat pants!!

martiniforme 11-18-2006 05:58 PM

Now, did my day even end up like I wanted, food-wise? Heck no.
I didn't end up getting to eat breakfast or my morning snack. Or my lunch, or my afternoon snack. And now it's 4pm. This feels far too close to my old habits for me to let it go.
Brenna's birthday party was alright. The hot tub was closed, so we all just sat on the balcony. I ended up eating a 50g bag of snack mix, 250 calories *dies*. There was also no diet pop in the vending machine, so I drank a Sprite, 100 calories *dies again*. I managed to eat only ONE slice of pizza, and not the biggest one in the box, thank God. And I stayed as far away from the cake as I could get, so no cake, wooo! Today is a pretty nasty day for food, so I am going to have soup and salad for dinner, get some good nutrients in to me.

I am in a really bad mood today. Holy s***. Funny how it ties in so closely to my food intake. Sorry for the profanity. By bad day, I mean really bad day.

But down .2lbs this morning. An even 273. I want so badly out of the 270's!

sugarbaby269 11-18-2006 06:10 PM

Ok...yeah so I want one of those things Martini!!!! I'll head on over to Wally world prob on Mon. and see about getting me one. :D Good ol' Walmart. As far as your diet goes... I can relate. I'm in the same boat. I'm not really dieting because I had a few days where nothing was coming off. ALl that exercise torture and I thought for sure I'd be in the 50's... hahaha *hysterical laugh* no, I'm in the dieting twighlight zone. :faint: So I had rice and cereal today and a ff coffee aaaaand a bite of chocolate. Some diet, huh? The cereal was like 21/2 cups and at least a cup of milk. Milk is skim but still it was Life cereal. :D Shame on me. I ate that only after weighing myself and still not losing anything. I need some encouragement and some proof that I am going to lose weight. SOS
Martini Yay for you not eating the cake!!! :cheer: Plus you're still down, girl!

JasonsLea 11-19-2006 11:35 AM

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing good. I'm doing fine. I'm down to 239! TOM started Friday but hopefully he will next mess up my next WI. Finally put the computer in the shop on Friday so I should be back in a week or so.

Hun.e.B 11-19-2006 11:47 AM

Good Sunday morning!! How's everyone doing? I've been in my typical weekend mode, one day I'm gonna break that nasty habit I just know I will!!

I havent worked out for days either so basically I'm really disgusted with myself.

Went and did my shopping for turkey day....sheesh that is one expensive meal. I think we overdue!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!

~melissa

martiniforme 11-19-2006 10:41 PM

November 20/2006
B: 1.5oz Oatmeal
S: 1 small Mandarin Orange, 100g RC Yogurt
L: 1 cup Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup, 1 slice WW Bread, 1/2 tbsp ICBINB
S: 2 medium Boiled Eggs, 4 oz Baby Carrots (fresh)
D: Veggie Stir Fry
S: 4oz Strawberry JELL-O

W: 1500mL (or more)

E: 30 min Gym Circuit, 30 min Walking (2mph), 45 min Walking (4mph)
Burned Cals: 1146

Cals: 1521
Fat: 28%
Carb: 55%
Prot: 17%

sugarybaby - The proof that you will lose is in the past. You have already lost, thus proving that you can do it! :hug:

JasonsLea
- We've missed you!

Melissa - To break the habit, I go out. But then again, when I go out, we usually end up eating out, so that's usually never a good thing :(

sugarbaby269 11-19-2006 11:07 PM

Yay Shari! Great weight loss!

MelissaI figure if I at least make one step forward I'm moving forward even if I have a couple of backward days. I hear ya when it comes to the TG meal... good thing we all share the expense with a huge family! Tomorrow is a new day, girl! :hug: You can do it!
Martini, Martini... You are so right! Your diet looks great. Do you plan it each week or what? :)

martiniforme 11-20-2006 12:38 AM

sugar: I plan my meals the night before usually, but I planned next week's meals already :) It just makes it a ton easier. I usually change a couple things, but generally, if my food is organized, I feel more organized :)

littlegg 11-20-2006 08:58 AM

Well Saturday was a bust!

Just a quick update, I am glad you all did well over the weekend, Sat was a bad day for my diet though. We went away for the weekend. Started out ok
banana for breakfast anticipating what would follow...a vitamin...pizza for lunch and then an all you can eat buffet with more artery clogging food sin than you can imagine. I started out ok with clams and muscles only leading to lambchops, porkroast and standing rib. Then aghhh creme brulet for desert! Sunday was make up day Banana, vitamin, chicken dinner salad
and ramen noodles...4 hershey kisses ( managed to stay within my calories on Sunday Today back to kashi and yogurt, back to my routine and shopping cleaning and getting ready for Thanksgiving!
I hope a light one! Any suggestions for a calorie friendly Thanksgiving?!:turkey: :turkey:

Tisha___ 11-20-2006 09:46 AM

Well, I'm down two more pounds, finally. I doubt I'll make my Turkey Day goal, but I'll come close at least. :D

P.S. Jasmine, LOVE the new shirt! Very pretty!

JasonsLea 11-20-2006 12:31 PM

Thanks Martini and Sugar!I miss you all too!

Congratulations Tisha! You are way closer to your TG goal than me!

Tisha___ 11-20-2006 12:49 PM

I totally forgot to post here... take a look at my 2 month progress pics in the Mini-Goal Album! :D

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98532

sugarbaby269 11-20-2006 02:48 PM

Way to go Tisha! :cheer: Congrats on the weight loss and you're looking good. I can def. see the changes. :D
Hi littlegg! I hear that a turkey dinner itself isn't bad for someone eating low cals it's all the butter and cream that they add to the side dishes that make TG so fattening. :D Why not try for the turkey, salad and a dinner roll and a sliver of pumpkin pie with no whip? If you make the mashed potatoes yourself you could always use chicken broth to whip the taters instead of butter and milk. I hear they're great that way...

Jasmine31 11-20-2006 05:08 PM

my ivy:

Quote:

You look grate I love your hair color I wish I could have it ever since I was a little girl I always loved red hair all my Barbie's and boys I liked had red hair.
Awww thanx hun! I was always teased as a kid about it and my mom always said those kids were jealous! I grew up and I get compliments often from men and women about my hair so good old mom was right! ;)

Quote:

So what if you show a little? I always do HA HA HA I will post a picture of me soon as I find one. Its nice to see who your loosing Buddy's are.
Sounds good! It is great to see everyone and put a face to a name!

Quote:

You are doing excellent!!!!
Thanx hun! :hug: I know I am I just get discouraged sometimes!

littlegg:

Quote:

You guys are both doing great!
Thanx hun!!

Quote:

I am in a 14 Jr seems like forever now, at least they're not as tight as they used to be! I sure would like to be able to get my dupa in a 12 Jr. That would be some great incentive.
That is great hun! AT least they are looser!!

Quote:

I am off this weekend and we are going to the mountains, sure hope I have the will power
to stay on track...my incentive I keep a little picture embedded in my mind from about 8 yr ago when I was with my daughters on the beach, (we looked more like sisters at that time)I lost 17# with weight watchers prior to that and I think I was all down hill after that... started packing on the lbs. I'd like to look like that again for our Feb vacation ansd keep it off this time!
Old pics are great incentives. I pull mine out of when I was 16 and in a 12 every so often. Bring healthy snacks along. You can do it!!

Quote:

have a high stress job and I work shifts which doesnt help much either.Oh well maybe with the next 5 # I'll go to an 11/12 Jr. Great Chrstmas present that would be!
Stressful jobs suck! Try to plan ahead on the weekend!

dollypie:

Quote:

Okay I am having two Thanksgiving meals this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I am doing some of the cooking so my food options will be low calorie and then I try to make healthy choices. I am going to go with the one plate method. Only one plate of food and one piece of dessert. NO SECONDS OR THIRDS!!!! Also if there is a veggie tray I will munch on those, but no creamy dips.
SOunds like a great plan!!

Quote:

Jasmine: I am so glad that you are getting out of you funk. I sympathize with you on having to deal with bus situation, I would go totally nuts if I were you. Hang in there girl, at least you are getting alot of walking in. And did I forget to say you are looking FANTABULOUS!
Yes I am getting a ton of walking in. That is the upside of it! :D The buses can just be annoying at times! *sigh* Thanx for the compliments, I am looking so much better than I was last year! :D I am so glad we have a digi cam and have always taken lots of pics!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

Congrats to all of you that are losing.
Thanx hun!!

Quote:

Jasmine you are so funny and I love your hair color!
None of my daughters inherited it! :lol: Funny thing is when I was their age that is all I wanted was brown or blonde or black, anything but red! :lol:

Quote:

The pics look fab btw
Thanx for the compliments! I want to zoom past 18, 16, and 14 so bad, right to a 12. *sigh*

Quote:

Well, I've got to jet I'm on my way to the gym.
Do great!!

martiniforme:

Quote:

Jasmine: A couple of things that you can do around the house if you aren't able to get to the gym etc, is do weight lifting with cans of soup
Good idea! I do have a few weights around here I should have hubby look for them!

Quote:

like 2-4lbs per hand.
Okay, sounds good.

Quote:

Also, for Calisthenics, I do lady pushups (on my knees, hehe), and I will do crunches (not situps, those KILL me!).
I NEED to get to those crunches! Do you do them on the floor?

Quote:

stretchy bands
I know that is for resistance training but what does it do?

Quote:

Also, word to the wise about the pilates, THEY ARE HARD!!! Haha, so start at the beginner one if you've never done them before. Yikes, I almost died on intermediate!!
hahahah Thanx for all the advice sweetie. I just need to get my lazy butt rolling now. The walking is so easy it is like second nature to me but doing something new is going to take a great kick in the pants! :lol:

I should watch the pilates again today and give that a try. dh won't be getting off work til 7:00 anyhow. I have the beginner one. ;)

Quote:

Jasmine: WHOA! Hot Tamale! My boob always shows in my dress shirts, too Haha. I just started wearing a white tank top underneath them, which also helped to hide the lining of my "tummy tuckers."
Awww thanx sweetie! :hug: So far I only have that one shirt like that but I would rather it be a little tight now and lose it. ;)

Quote:

And if we're doing pictures.... Hahaha. They're big, sorry!!
Awww so nice to finally get a look at your sweetie!! How tall is he? My dh is 150 and 5'10!!! (I could smack him! :lol: ) Is your man similiar?

And you are so cute! I LOVE the eyes! Are they gray or hazel?

Quote:

And I love this picture because it really says a lot about my personality. Look who you're socializing with! Haha, I promise that craziness is not contagious! ...Most of the time, hehehe.
What does the sign mean? :lol: I don't mind craziness one bit! ;)

my ivy:

Quote:

Hi girls,

I am happy as can be I will share my new photos of me how I look as of yesterday and I am also keeping a picture diary I will post when I accomplish my goal. This time of year is difficult on weight loss and I am sick so I don't even feel like working out
Awww I hope you feel better! Awww you look adorable sweetie!!
You must be so proud of yourself! I bet your loving them curves!! What size pants are you in now? What were you in? WTG!!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

Walked today for 1 hour and went to gym for 40 minutes. I have NOT lost a stinking pound but I hope I'm shrinking. It feels like it. Wonder why I'm not losing BUUUUUUT I refuse to give up and I will lose eventually.
Go me!
You are doing great sweetie! Just remember to watch your food to and remember this is about being healthy, the scale will catch up to your good ways soon! ;) How many cals are you doing?

martiniforme:

Quote:

Now, did my day even end up like I wanted, food-wise? Heck no.
I didn't end up getting to eat breakfast or my morning snack. Or my lunch, or my afternoon snack. And now it's 4pm. This feels far too close to my old habits for me to let it go.
Brenna's birthday party was alright. The hot tub was closed, so we all just sat on the balcony. I ended up eating a 50g bag of snack mix, 250 calories *dies*. There was also no diet pop in the vending machine, so I drank a Sprite, 100 calories *dies again*. I managed to eat only ONE slice of pizza, and not the biggest one in the box, thank God. And I stayed as far away from the cake as I could get, so no cake, wooo! Today is a pretty nasty day for food, so I am going to have soup and salad for dinner, get some good nutrients in to me.

I am in a really bad mood today. Holy s***. Funny how it ties in so closely to my food intake. Sorry for the profanity. By bad day, I mean really bad day.

But down .2lbs this morning. An even 273. I want so badly out of the 270's
!

Aww hun. It could of been way worse! Keep some healthy snacks in your purse so even if things get crazy you can still eat. If that were me and I hadn't eaten all day I would of wound up binging! WTG on only 1 slice and no cake! :D WTG on the loss!! You will be out of there soon. Don't worry!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

I need some encouragement and some proof that I am going to lose weight. SOS
You know what I tell myself when I am working my butt off but not showing it on the scale, at least you are exercising and helping your heart! If nothing else keep busy!! It will come off! :hug:

JasonsLea:

Quote:

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing good. I'm doing fine. I'm down to 239! TOM started Friday but hopefully he will next mess up my next WI. Finally put the computer in the shop on Friday so I should be back in a week or so.
Hello. WTG on the loss!! WHoohoo!!! We'll miss ya, hope it gets fixed okay!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Went and did my shopping for turkey day....sheesh that is one expensive meal. I think we overdue!
How much did ya spend? I take it you get to cook as well? :lol:

littlegg:

Quote:

Then aghhh creme brulet for desert!
I had a similiar sunday. Just remember that was then and it is a new day. :D

Quote:

I hope a light one! Any suggestions for a calorie friendly Thanksgiving?!
Yes everyone please share if there is anything you are doping to make it a lighter turkey day!

Tisha___:

Quote:

Well, I'm down two more pounds, finally. I doubt I'll make my Turkey Day goal, but I'll come close at least
Same here! Hey it is better than maintaining! ;)

Quote:

P.S. Jasmine, LOVE the new shirt! Very pretty!
Awww thanx hun! :D

Tisha___:

Quote:

I totally forgot to post here... take a look at my 2 month progress pics in the Mini-Goal Album!
Tisha I can definately tell a difference!!! The first thing I noticed is that in the 2nd pic you are smiling! :D The next thing is your boobs look smaller. Have you gone down or are able to wear a tighter notch on your bra etc? The next thing is I can tell a difference in your belly. You have lost fat around there for sure! The ppart riight under your boobs. The butt looks almost the same but a little smaller. I think your arms look smaller too. You are looking great sweetie! I am so proud of you!! :hug:

I will BE RIGHT BACK!!

Jasmine31 11-20-2006 07:51 PM

Well I don't even know where to begin! It has been pretty busy around here. I was at 214 yesterday so I did lose 1.5 pounds last week. That is good. Not great, but good. I am kind of sad cause I feel like my eating has been fine and my walking increased to 90 minutes average instead of 67. My cals were even a little less. *shrugs* idk I am noticing my body is changing alot and I know it is for the good so I am refusing to base my success just on the scale! I may be building up a little more muscle too, who knows?

Yesterday was supposed to be my red meat and potato day and I was all set for mashed potatos and a roast but a friend called and wanted us to go to her daughters b~day party. I did make a lil pig out of myself but I am not upset cause this is my life and you bet I am going to enjoy it! If that means giving in once every few months at a b~day party then so be it!

They had all my favorites too! :( Nachos chips with cheese sauce, I had 2 bowls. Lasagna for dinner, two pieces, some toasted bread with butter, I even had 2 servings of stuffing when I got home! Cherry chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting, my absolute favorite! I LOVE whip cream frosting! They had vanilla ice cream too so I had about a cup of that. I did have an smoothie at breakfast time though. I know, not healthy! I am scared to try to add it all up.

Anyhow that was yesterday. This is today so I am moving forward.

Attention whining alert, please feel free to ignore!!!

edited

Jasmine31 11-21-2006 10:13 AM

Well I am feeling much better this a.m. ladies. It drives me nuts when dh has to work late shifts. At least this once every 3 weeks 10-7, the first two weeks 8-5 is better than his old shifts where he had to work like 3 12-9 shifts! I seriously started getting panic attacks then. Hope everyone has a great day!

dollypie 11-21-2006 12:08 PM

Tisha: I can tell a difference in the pictures. Especially in your chin! Keep up the great work! Just think about your final before & after pictures!

Not much going on here. Leaving for the in-laws tomorrow afternoon. I don't know what to expect food wise b/c my MIL just bought a thanksgiving dinner at a local cafe. I have never been there so it should be a surprise. Not much else planned, just football and will probably help them do stuff on the farm.

So I finally weighed my self after 2 weeks yesterday and am down 4lbs. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Tisha___ 11-21-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasmine31 (Post 1477500)
Tisha___:
Tisha I can definately tell a difference!!! The first thing I noticed is that in the 2nd pic you are smiling! :D The next thing is your boobs look smaller. Have you gone down or are able to wear a tighter notch on your bra etc? The next thing is I can tell a difference in your belly. You have lost fat around there for sure! The ppart riight under your boobs. The butt looks almost the same but a little smaller. I think your arms look smaller too. You are looking great sweetie! I am so proud of you!! :hug:

Well, in my extra-comfy bra (that's actually a million cups too small, but so stretched out now that you can't tell!) it's about the same. LOL But, in my good bra (which I actually had a professional fitting for and everything) I'm no longer totally filling out the cups. I hardly ever wear THAT bra, because I hate it, so I just realized this about two weeks ago. Just one more thing I am going to have to spend money on at x-mas time. Blah! But, I can't compain too much. At least it means that some part of me is getting a little smaller. lol

littlegg 11-21-2006 03:41 PM

Congratulations Tisha!

20 # in 2 months is something to be really proud of! Ive lost 10 so far, I think its still off I need a battery for my scale. I'll get one tonight or tomorrow. How are you doing it if you dont mind me asking? I can use all the tips I can get! I had a bad day on Saturday, but I am back on target now! Once you get to your goal how do you plan on staying there. Thats
been worrying me, I lost 17 lb a few years ago. Gained it back + alot more
so its twice as hard now.What food are your staples? I tried to click on your pics but I cant get them, maybe I am doing something wrong.