3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96848-5-10-pounds-lose-turkey-day-challenge.html)

Tisha___ 10-31-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasmine31 (Post 1455276)
Hun.e.B:
Tisha___:

Hi hun! I am so glad to have ya!!! :hug:

Everything sounds good! Be careful with the low carbs and remember that not all carbs are equal. If you want a link I can pm ya one! ;)

Me? I'm not doing low-carb. I think you just read my post wrong. lol I just copy/pasted your original list into mine and answered them like questions. Low carb was one of your examples. :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B
Tisha...congrats on 17 lbs gone!!! That is so awesome!!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I just can't believe it's actually working this time!

Well, I'll be back tomorrow to officially post. There are still 10 hours of Halloween left. :D


Neesy_20 10-31-2006 04:54 PM

I did really well in october.. I hope to do well this month and exceed my expectations. I really haven't gone to the gym the past week but still managed to knock off 5 pounds. It is so exciting! I have clothes that I can fit in again which is a great incentive. I can really tell a difference. So, I'm just gonna keep doing what I did last month plus exercise at least 4 times a week and calorie count. My starting weight, as of today, is 220. Good luck everyone!

PellMel 10-31-2006 08:24 PM

Ugh, I feel awful. Had a cold all weekend and still have it full swing, so exercise has been nearly nil as I really don't want to aggravate my lungs any more than they have been. I'm going to stretch tonight to open up my back and chest a bit, though. Oye, it's been so gorgeous here all I want to do is be outside walking in the leaves through the college! Although it's only in the 40's. Doing decently foodwise, had a bit of a problem last night mostly due to my habit of starving all day and going ape-**** at night. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling.
Words and rhapsody to all.

Losing4another 10-31-2006 10:03 PM

I did it~ got thru Halloween :bat: I have 4 points left and instead of eating a candy bar I'm going to make myself a turkey sandwich .
24 daily points used and NO flex YAY ME.....Went trick or treating so even though I didn't count it I walked , walked , walked and walked. We went in a neighborhood where each house has AT LEAST a ACRE and the kids had so much candy their bags were breaking ....My feet hurt :lol:

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 08:41 AM

Good Morning everyone! Well thats 2 busted days in a row for me!! I kinda knew yesterday wasnt going to go well and rather than plan for success I caved. We had McDonalds for dinner....can you believe that! McDonalds!! I dont even like McDonalds!!!! Its true what they say....failing to plan is planning to fail. On a good note I got in a good walk taking the girls trick or treating, lot of stop and go but at least it wasnt sitting on the couch right?! Today is going to be better! Much Much better!

I hope you all have a fantastic day too!!

~melissa

callystia 11-01-2006 08:59 AM

Hi ladies!

Boy, did I have a bad day yesterday, stress-wise. I am proud to say, however, that with the help of this wonderful site and my husband's support, I resisted the need to either binge or purge, and I'm feeling much better today.

Now, everyone's being good and throwing out the leftover Halloween candy, right? :D The holiday season is upon us, so we're going to have to be doubly diligent in guarding against temptation! We can do it, girls!

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 09:52 AM

Way to go yesterday Callystia!!! A very successful day!! i bet that feels fantastic! We arent throwing out the candy here, my girls heads might pop off! LOL! But I will be staying out of it!! I could be in the 210s by newyears if I just stick to it and do this!!

~melissa

dollypie 11-01-2006 10:26 AM

Good morning everyone. Halloween is over and we gave away all of our candy, so no temptations at home, know I need to avoid the leftovers at work. I felt like my workout on the elliptical was never going to end today. I finished but was exhausted, but I did fit in a few weights. I think my goal for vacation will be to maintain. I am just really stressed about making good food choices. I am a calorie counter and it scares me to death to not be able to count all the calories I am eating. I am tryig to go on number of portions for that week and just be aware of what I am putting in my mouth.

sugarbaby and pelmell: I hope you two are feeling better today!

callystia: It is great that your husband is so supportive. Last night my husband ate so much candy while we were giving it out you would think he was a kid!

Hun.e.B.: Hey at least you got out walking tonight, so that will offset the McDonald's some.

Neesy: It is great to find clothes that you can fit to that you couldn't last year. I have a few outfits that I am able to were the fall and am really excited

martiniforme: You eating plan looked good, but why not try adding some more veggies to you diet as well. This will give you added fiber as well. I try to at least get 5 veggies a day.

Tisha___ 11-01-2006 10:56 AM

Well, I made it through Halloween and exceeded my goal. Now I'm ready to start my Turkey Day challenge! Wish me luck ladies!

:turkey:


Stevi-rocks 11-01-2006 11:30 AM

Happy Post Halloween!

I am happy to report a 1 lb loss this morning! I generaly weigh on Mondays but DH and I where wrestling around last night and He grabbed my pants (he was on the floor trying to pull me down) and they slid right off my hips to my ankles! LOL These are my old faithful jeans and are a 16. Had two bite sized chocolates yest and that was it for the candy.

Good luck Tisha!

martiniforme 11-01-2006 11:43 AM

(x-posted to 20-somethings, Thursday planning)
Hey everyone.
We survived!!
We have so much halloween candy left. We saw maybe 15-20 kids last night. In town they set this curfew for 7pm, which I thought was really sad for all the kids :(
Anyway, we're sending half of it back with one of our guys from the crew that stays at my house, so his son can have it all, and the rest will go in hubby's lunch. And I managed to restrain myself to 3 candies, when normally (soontobe)DH and I would have sat down all night watching a movie and pigging out. GO ME!

Today's plan.
B: Cheerios w/ milk
S: Peaches and Kiwis, boiled egg
L: Pasta w/ peanut butter toast
S: Buttered popcorn
D:?? I'm going to go for poultry and 2 veggies.. not sure which yet
S: I may treat myself with a scoop of ice cream (measured, of course!), and frozen fruit

E: Walking, walking, walking!
W: 1500mL

Also, to get more calories in my day, I think I may introduce an additional snack. I usually have breakfast at 7am, then snack at 10ish, Then lunch at noon. Mornings are when we need the most energy, and I'm having trouble eating so much that when I eat each meal, even the small portions look daunting, so I may make some of the morning portions smaller, but eat a little more frequently. I was thinking breakfast at 6:30am, Snack at 8am, Snack at 10am, Lunch at noon. The morning is when I do fruits, so both snacks would end up being fruit of some kind.

Thoughts?

~Mande

P.S. I'm going to go grociery shopping today, and I'm making 2 lists. My list, and the house list. I think I may buy in portion sizes so that I can foresee further in to the week. Less stress the more planning there is!

sugarbaby269 11-01-2006 12:04 PM

Good morning!

Thankfully all the Halloween candy got distibuted to the kids last night. I did manage to pick three chocolates for myself. At least I didn't pig out like I normally would... :crazy: Same plan goes for today. Watching the carbs and no sugar with more protein. The chicken fajitas were great and I found the Mission low carb tortillas that someone mentioned. It was pretty good.

Thanks for the get well Dollypie :) It's not easy staying with the swing of things when a body gets sick but hopefully I'll be going to the gym today. That will make me feel so much better even though some days it seems like it takes forever.

Callystia- Awesome!!!!! :high: I think the goals that you have are great too. I'm glad that your hubby is so supportive. Keep up the good work! :)

Hun.e.B-At least you got some walking in. It's taking me time to learn how to "diet" and I'm still learning that I need to plan more! :D Hope today brings you the results you're looking for.

PellMel- Sure hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Neesy and Tisha- great job on the weight loss for last month! :cheer:

Stevi-rocks-Yay for you! I can't wait until my pants fall off at size 20. :D

martin-Looks like you're doing great! Keep up the good work! :)

martiniforme 11-01-2006 12:07 PM

OHMYGOSH!
This is exciting! I know it's only a pound, but STILL!
That's it. I'm picking up a digital scale today, and getting the exact results. I know that usually in the very beginning for my weight class, that in a week I would lose more than 1 pound, so to be sure..
BUT ITS STILL SOMETHING!!! I've never lost, only gained or maintained. I feel so elated :D

And thank you for the good words of support sugarbaby!

Tisha___ 11-01-2006 12:22 PM

Congrats, Martinforme!!! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!! :D

:bravo:


jelly 11-01-2006 12:28 PM

Good Morning!!!! Been busy as a BEE! Well, yesterday I did good. Lost a pound to prove it :D 159.0 YAY!!!!! Today I did my Ultimate bootcamp and had my Water, of course. I'll be back a little later. I have to burn off some candy bars I had this Morning:^:

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 12:41 PM

sugarbaby269:
I hope you feel better!! Mmm I love roast and potatoes! I've never had maple cake.

Quote:

(not on my diet but I'm tweaking this one here and there)
I think that is good to tweak stuff, that was it is something we know we want to do! I love chicken fajitas and beans!

SoonThin:

Quote:

Please count me in! I would love to lose 10 by Thanksgiving.
We are glad to have you! :hug:

Quote:

Eating Plan - Portion control, healthy snacks, and lots of water!
Have you thought of calorie counting? That is what some of us do and it really helps. There is also fitday.com to track your foods!

Tisha___:

Quote:

Me? I'm not doing low-carb. I think you just read my post wrong. lol I just copy/pasted your original list into mine and answered them like questions. Low carb was one of your examples.
Oh okay! You got me on that one! :lol:

Quote:

Thanks! I just can't believe it's actually working this time!
I know how that feels. I do know you have to be in the right frame of mind and highly motivated. I don't think I have been in that place since I was 15! :lol: A few times I would try to cut back on eating or start walking and it may of helped but I never dug in my heels like I am doing now.

Quote:

Well, I'll be back tomorrow to officially post. There are still 10 hours of Halloween left.
Oh I hear ya on that one!

Neesy_20:

Quote:

but still managed to knock off 5 pounds. It is so exciting! I have clothes that I can fit in again which is a great incentive. I can really tell a difference. So, I'm just gonna keep doing what I did last month plus exercise at least 4 times a week and calorie count. My starting weight, as of today, is 220. Good luck everyone!
That is so exciting!! I hit a slow patch near the end so I have to keep reminding myself that I still lost 9.5 pounds last month! We can do this! Good luck to you too!!

PellMel:

Quote:

Ugh, I feel awful. Had a cold all weekend and still have it full swing, so exercise has been nearly nil as I really don't want to aggravate my lungs any more than they have been. I'm going to stretch tonight to open up my back and chest a bit, though. Oye, it's been so gorgeous here all I want to do is be outside walking in the leaves through the college! Although it's only in the 40's. Doing decently foodwise, had a bit of a problem last night mostly due to my habit of starving all day and going ape-**** at night. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling.
Words and rhapsody to all.
I hope you feel better soon sweetie! Remember the best way to speed up our metabolism is to eat small meals thruout the day. i do that myself but I save the heavier calories for dinner usually. You might want to try that too. :D

Losing4another:

Quote:

I did it~ got thru Halloween I have 4 points left and instead of eating a candy bar I'm going to make myself a turkey sandwich .
24 daily points used and NO flex YAY ME.....Went trick or treating so even though I didn't count it I walked , walked , walked and walked. We went in a neighborhood where each house has AT LEAST a ACRE and the kids had so much candy their bags were breaking ....My feet hurt
That is a great achievement! You should of counted the walking though!! If nothing else for the fact that if you look back and are kkeeping track and realize you lost more around a certain time but in your notes it doesn't look like you did anything different etc, you'll be puzzled. ;)

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Good Morning everyone! Well thats 2 busted days in a row for me!! I kinda knew yesterday wasnt going to go well and rather than plan for success I caved. We had McDonalds for dinner....can you believe that! McDonalds!! I dont even like McDonalds!!!! Its true what they say....failing to plan is planning to fail. On a good note I got in a good walk taking the girls trick or treating, lot of stop and go but at least it wasnt sitting on the couch right?! Today is going to be better! Much Much better!

I hope you all have a fantastic day too!!

~melissa
Well at least you walked, all you can do is dust yourself off and go on. I have had a few bad days myself which I will explain later. ;) As for Mc Donalds I have decided that they are just not worth it unless it is an emergency. :lol: i decided that I can only treat myself once a week so I am going to have a burger from one of the best places around! Not Mc D's! :lol:

callystia:

I am so glad you are doing good hun! You can do it! As for the left over candy, well I will get to that in a minute! :lol:

dollypie:

Quote:

I felt like my workout on the elliptical was never going to end today. I finished but was exhausted, but I did fit in a few weights. I think my goal for vacation will be to maintain. I am just really stressed about making good food choices. I am a calorie counter and it scares me to death to not be able to count all the calories I am eating. I am tryig to go on number of portions for that week and just be aware of what I am putting in my mouth.
Great job on starting back on the exercise! :D That would scare me to being on vacation! Okay, I don't understand why you cant cal count though? If you mean cause you will be eating out then what i would suggest is this. Fruit for breakfast, or a shake! Lunch you may want to get an ice chest and stop at a store, get some tuna, low fat mayo, bread, some turkey and low fat ham etc. :D For dinner there are many rest. online that have nutritional info. So what I would do is find out what is where and what rest and you can look it up before you go! Like for when we ate out sat nite we went online to Denny's and they had nutritional info that we could print out! ALso remember not all chicken is created equal! Some of the dishes at places have more fat and cals that a burger! Anyhow just my recommendations. Don't forget to get snacks at the store. Good luck!!

Tisha___:

Quote:

Well, I made it through Halloween and exceeded my goal. Now I'm ready to start my Turkey Day challenge! Wish me luck ladies!

You are doing great! Good luck! We can do this this month!!
Stevi-rocks:

Quote:

Happy Post Halloween!

I am happy to report a 1 lb loss this morning! I generaly weigh on Mondays but DH and I where wrestling around last night and He grabbed my pants (he was on the floor trying to pull me down) and they slid right off my hips to my ankles! LOL These are my old faithful jeans and are a 16. Had two bite sized chocolates yest and that was it for the candy.

Good luck Tisha!
hahahah Sounds like it is time for some new ones! Maybe you are in a 14 and didnt know it??? You are doing great on losing 3 pounds already! I am so proud of you!!

martiniforme:

Quote:

Hey everyone.
We survived!!
We have so much halloween candy left. We saw maybe 15-20 kids last night. In town they set this curfew for 7pm, which I thought was really sad for all the kids
Anyway, we're sending half of it back with one of our guys from the crew that stays at my house, so his son can have it all, and the rest will go in hubby's lunch. And I managed to restrain myself to 3 candies, when normally (soontobe)DH and I would have sat down all night watching a movie and pigging out. GO ME!
That is great!!! Keep it up!!

Quote:

Also, to get more calories in my day, I think I may introduce an additional snack. I usually have breakfast at 7am, then snack at 10ish, Then lunch at noon. Mornings are when we need the most energy, and I'm having trouble eating so much that when I eat each meal, even the small portions look daunting, so I may make some of the morning portions smaller, but eat a little more frequently. I was thinking breakfast at 6:30am, Snack at 8am, Snack at 10am, Lunch at noon. The morning is when I do fruits, so both snacks would end up being fruit of some kind.

Thoughts?

~Mande
Quote:

P.S. I'm going to go grociery shopping today, and I'm making 2 lists. My list, and the house list. I think I may buy in portion sizes so that I can foresee further in to the week. Less stress the more planning there is!
I think this is a great idea! I am all for just fruits in the a.m. I think small meals like that is what keeps our body knowing there is plenty of food coming in and is supposed to help our metabolism! The other thing I love about fruit is no fat plus low calories so i can have more on other items at dinner. :D If you haven't alread, get a scale to weigh your meat! I did that and it is the best 5 bux I ever spent! Also make sure you use measuring cups and spoons.

What you can also do is like if the men have red meat more often than you, is to cook double portion of chicken the nite before and warm it up for you the next nite. :D

sugarbaby269:

Good morning!

Thankfully all the Halloween candy got distibuted to the kids last night. I did manage to pick three chocolates for myself. At least I didn't pig out like I normally would...[/QUOTE]

That is great!!

Quote:

The chicken fajitas were great and I found the Mission low carb tortillas that someone mentioned. It was pretty good
I need to try those!!

martiniforme:

Quote:

OHMYGOSH!
This is exciting! I know it's only a pound, but STILL!
That's it. I'm picking up a digital scale today, and getting the exact results. I know that usually in the very beginning for my weight class, that in a week I would lose more than 1 pound, so to be sure..
BUT ITS STILL SOMETHING!!! I've never lost, only gained or maintained. I feel so elated

And thank you for the good words of support sugarbaby!
That is great sweetie! You are on your way!!! *CHEERS*

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 12:41 PM

jelly:

WTG on the loss!! Hooray!!

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 12:52 PM

Okay so it has been a crazy 4 days. I think what happened was I lost my weight for the month early then started slacking off a bit! I also realize that although I am good to put like almost everything in my fitday, there was something i forgot, coffee!!! I have always added the cream, just not the coffee! So starting today i am going back thru this week and putting that in. Anyhow I have had 4 days that have been kind of bad with the icing on the cake being yesterday! We had lasagna for dinner(2 servings!!) and I had 2 lil snack size snickers and 2 little peanut m&m size snickers and 1 twix that size. 2 cupcakes, no frosting! Well that is it. I am buckling down starting now til turkey day! Sat nite we ate out, sunday was enchiladas, monday was an enchilad for lunch and 3 chicken legs for dinner and tuesday was lasagna. That is way too much good stuff to close together. So starting today I am getting back on track.

Which means , Sunday will be the meat and potato day as per usual. Mon and Tues will be chicken breast, veggie rice, no exceptions! Wed can be a bit of a splurge nite but if i have enchiladas, then I can only have one! I am thinking of either that or to have bean and cheese burritos, with lowfat mozz. Never again two enchiladas!! Same goes for lasagna but I told myself none of that for this month at all. Last month I was a lil bad and had pizza twice! The once would of been fine. I did still lose so I'm not knocking myself but my goal right now is no pizza til the end of the month and that is IF I lose at least 8 pounds first! Thursday will be chicken veggie rice, friday nite will be tacos with chicken and low fat mozarella as per usual saturday, I will look at the scale. If I am down a good amount, then I can maybe have something fun or like hot dogs or something, but if I'm not where I want to be, then its chicken veggie rice again! Well anyhow this is my plan. And no desert til turkey day! Maybe once blueberry muffins. Well see! I will eat out once a week and not be bad and do it twice like I have been doing. Anyhow I am 219 right now so I need to get 9 more off so I need to just do it! I know I can. X~mas is also around the corner and I really want to be 199 on that day. That is more important to me than enchiladas one nite and chicken legs the next nite, and lasagna the next nite, etc.!!

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 01:16 PM

Okay I am tripping even 32 oz of coffee, black only adds 19 cals! :lol:

littlegg 11-01-2006 01:18 PM

162 by TG Day? Is it possible?
 
I would love to be 162 # by TG day, but is that even possible?
My cal have been from 12-1400 calories and I have been exercising.
I drink about 72 oz h2o daily but I have always been a big water drinker.
Is there such a thing as too much exercise at the beginning stages of your diet?

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 01:40 PM

littlegg:

Welcome! Well it helps us to know your stats. Alot of us go into our profile and put what we started at, how much we weigh now, and what our goal weight is. Then we add our height cause that makes a big difference!

Quote:

I would love to be 162 # by TG day, but is that even possible?
My cal have been from 12-1400 calories and I have been exercising.
I drink about 72 oz h2o daily but I have always been a big water drinker.
Is there such a thing as too much exercise at the beginning stages of your diet?
Your cal counting sounds good. You might want to check the Womens Health Calcualtor

That might give you a better idea of how many cals you need to lose what. My general goal food wise is to be 500 cals a day under my maintenance cal weight. That gives me a deficit of 3500 a week which = a pound. When I exercise 60 minutes a day they allow me like an extra 600 a day for maintenance. So I still eat the 500 under but 7 days x 600 cals burnt gives me another deficit of 4200 cals which is more than a pound.

As far as exercising if you are new, start out slowly. If its walking, Try 3-4 days a week and 30 minutes. The important thing is to make it a habit. Then work up from there. :D

littlegg 11-01-2006 01:44 PM

stats
 
Ive been working on that up thing and I finally think Ive got it rught.
By the way WOWEE Jasmine 31 ! You must be commended on your success!
Very very impressive. Dont worry about you little set back, you know what youre doing..we all need a holiday once in a while!:carrot:

SarahMahfoud 11-01-2006 01:52 PM

Count Me In (starting tommorow lol)
 
Well I didnt really make it to my halloween goal. I had a party on saturday and I havent been to good with the eating. Today is my friends wedding and Im gonna be a bridesmaid. Im just going to try and not over eat. I want to be at 150 by thanksgiving. So starting tommorow Ive gotta really jump back on the wagon. See you soon.

dollypie 11-01-2006 01:55 PM

Jasmine,

How do you make your enchiladas? To make mine a little more healthy I will defrost some frozen spinach and put that in them to get a green veggie. Also I will diced tomatoes to put in the them or to sprinkle on top. If I am in a super healthy mode I use half the amount of chicken and open a can of whole black beans, rinse them and put them in the middle. Just a suggestion. I also only use mozzarella cheese b/c it has 5g of fat versus 9g of fat in cheddar.

littlegg 11-01-2006 02:06 PM

Need more protein!
 
Jasmine thanks for the link to the womens calculator, but I have found out I am severly lacking in protein. What are some good ways to get the most protein for the least calories without using protein powder. I really dont like the thoughts of that.

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 02:11 PM

The best way is thru chicken breast(skinless). It is lowfat and packed with protein! If you want you can take a look at my fitday today. That is what I am going to be having planned. If you like shakes, you may want to try that too. The slimfast one I drink has 10 grams, the atkins one I get sometimes is 15 with an extra benefit of having less carbs too. Just remember carbs are good for you too. I generally try to get 50 % of my cals from that a day, but the whole wheat carbs like brown wheat bread, brown rice, etc. In my fitday I just noticed my van de kamp bread has 5 grams of protein in each slice! The lowfat turkey and ham i am having is also good on protein!

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 02:17 PM

dollypie:

Quote:

Jasmine, How do you make your enchiladas? To make mine a little more healthy I will defrost some frozen spinach and put that in them to get a green veggie. Also I will diced tomatoes to put in the them or to sprinkle on top. If I am in a super healthy mode I use half the amount of chicken and open a can of whole black beans, rinse them and put them in the middle. Just a suggestion. I also only use mozzarella cheese b/c it has 5g of fat versus 9g of fat in cheddar.
Well it depends, last time I was only going to use 16 corn shells and one layer but my daughter started on them before I got in the house! She used 20! I was going to use like 20 oz of chicken but she dumped all of it in and made an extra layer, so 26 oz of chicken! :lol: I did have her shred half a pound of mozarella and half a pound of cheddar though, 1 can of olives. Oh my gosh they were good!!

That sounds like a good idea with the spinach. I have been quite scared of it lately though cause of all the recalls though! But the black beans sounds really good. I have made regular beans befor e but never black.

Quote:

I also only use mozzarella cheese b/c it has 5g of fat versus 9g of fat in cheddar.
Yeah I know its crazy! Thats why I spilt it 50/50 and I try to just use mozz on tacos and burrit nites. Thanx for the recipe hun! I think next time I might add some beans if nothing else just as a filler on the side! :hug:

Jasmine31 11-01-2006 02:18 PM

Alright everyone I am scared. When I looked in the fridge this a.m. to do my fruit smoothie. There are two portions of lasagna left!!! *runs and screams*

P.S. It looks VERY yummy!!

lodyangel 11-01-2006 02:44 PM

Hi! I want to join!

1. Weight at last weigh in: 221
2. I will work out for an hour daily, walking, yoga/pilates, tae-bo, dancing, whatever...Plus i will strength train at least 3 days per week.
3. I have been eating 2 lean cuisine/ WW meals daily and trying to take it light on the 3rd meal. i am attempting to find my WW points books so i can do that again.

:carrot: IF I DO THIS I WILL BE HOT:flame: BY SUMMER!!!

Losing4another 11-01-2006 04:15 PM

Jasmine~ your right...i should. Friday I will see how long it takes to walk a mile. Today's exercise was CLEANING. Hard floors, carpets, kitchen and laundry....Tomorrow will be bathrooms, bedrooms and yard. My daughters birthday party is tomorrow once all the to do's are done with that comes the REAL exercise.
17 points left .....dinner will be a piece of cake :lol: not really though....that will come tomorrow ;)

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 05:56 PM

Peanut butter and tuna (packed in water) are really great protein sources too.

Jasmine....step away from the lasagne!!! LOL!!

~melissa

Stevi-rocks 11-01-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasmine31 (Post 1457223)
Okay I am tripping even 32 oz of coffee, black only adds 19 cals! :lol:

Yeah thats about it. When your said you had skipped entering it but not the cream I thought, "So?" :)

JasonsLea 11-01-2006 09:44 PM

What's up ladies? I'm already doing a Thanksgiving challenge but when I heard that some of my challenge chicks, including my gal Jelly, was doing this challenge, I had to do it too! Hope to make even more friends in this thread!

callystia 11-01-2006 09:58 PM

Hi Shari. :) And welcome; the more the merrier. (And the more motivated!)

sugarbaby269 11-01-2006 10:27 PM

What am I going to do? My birthday is coming up and friends and family want to treat me to lunch and dinner? :yikes: SOS SOS SOS

martiniforme 11-01-2006 10:37 PM

Sorry to make this short, but I'm in a rush. Still so much to do tonight!
Tonight is the starting of 3 goals:
1. Start planning my meals a day in advance, rather than every morning over breakfast as I have been doing. This gives me a little more time, and a chance to change anything before it's too late!
2. Tomorrow is the day I start adding fruit to my breakfast.
3. I joined Curves today, and tomorrow is my first appointment. To start I'll be doing a cardio/circuit routine for 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week. They said I could come in up to 5 days a week, but I'll stick with 3 for now. The days I go will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I know tomorrow is Thursday, so I will go tomorrow and Friday.

Here is my meal plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
1 cup Cheerios
1 cup 2% Milk
1/4 cup Grapes

Snack:
1 Lg Boiled Eggs
1 Kiwi Fruit
3 oz Medium Cheddar

Lunch:
1 cups Dino-getti
1 slice White Bread
1 tbsp Margarine

Snack:
1 sq Rice Crispy Treat
1 cup 2% Milk

Dinner:
1 cup Spaghetti
1/2 cup Sauce
1/4 cup Ground Beef

Snack:
1 cup Ice Cream
1 tbsp Chocolate Syrup

Water:
1500 mL

Exercise:
Gym:
Circuit - 30 min.
Walking:
10 min to Gym
5 min to Work
15 min to Home
20 min after Dinner

I know that I could stand to have more fruits and veggies in my diet, but right now I'm just working on getting in to the habit of weighing/measuring my food. Each week I will add something to my responsibility list, but I tend to get pretty lost if there is too much expected all at once :dizzy:

Jasmine: I do have measuring cups and measuring spoons, but today I bought a little $9.00 food scale (approx. $7.95 USD). I am all over premeasuring foods and freezing them, hehehe. I just couldn't stop! To just have all these premeasured foods ready to grab, and not having to worry right at that time about measuring. It's nice!!!

So I won't be checking in tomorrow morning (maybe a chance tomorrow night), but I will be back on Friday for my weekly weigh-in.

Have a good night!

~Mande

jelly 11-01-2006 10:48 PM

SugarBaby~ :yoga: Take a breather. LOL!!! Just be creative with your choices. Chose a small salad with dressing on the side and some chicken and veggies. Or go for the steak and veggies with fruit on the side or a potato with all the trimmings on the side. You could do it. Only eat half of everything and take the rest home. If you have to ask for a doggy bag right away and put half in it. :goodluck: Oh yeah, and dirnk loys of WATER!!!

JasonsLea~ YAY!!!!!! Welcome!! We can do this!!!:hug:

sugarbaby269 11-01-2006 11:08 PM

Hehe.... Thanks Jelly. *wipes sweat from brow* I was invisioning all the fatty foods that I love and wondering what in the world am I going to do. Thanks for the nice perspective check. :) I am still trying to drink water. I only get about 4 8oz glasses in a day. I get sort of nauseas when I drink water when I'm not thirsty. Chocolate makes me thirsty... LOL :D

Welcome SHARI!!!! Best of luck and blessings to you!

Way to go on joining Curves MANDE!!!! That's where I go to work out and so far I really like it. I try to work out for an hour but sometimes it's too boring. LOL Anyway, I have a tip for you if you'd like. We used to drink 2% milk but someone mentioned to me that you can change that to drinking skim milk by first doing half and half. For example, pour 1/2 of your 2% milk and 1/2 1% milk into a pitcher. You can't taste the difference but you save on calories and fat grams. Eventually you'll be drinking 1% milk and then when you're up to it you can do the same thing with the 1% milk and skim milk. Go it awhile mixing them half and half and pretty soon skim milk won't be terrible tasting. Anyway, just a thought. :)

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 11:31 PM

Okay ladies, I'm gonna do it! Tomorrow morning when I get up with my daughter to get her ready for school (she's 11 so really she does it herself) instead of sitting on the computer doing posting I'm going to get on my elliptical instead! I havent been on that thing for months! But I'm gonna do it! I know I can do it, I deserve to do it! I'm worth doing it for!! I'll let ya know how it goes! Failure is NOT an option, I dont care if its even for 10 minutes I am going to get on that machine!!!

btw...Mande...WTG on your loss!!!! That is excellent news!! Keep up the great work!

~melissa

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 11:33 PM

Speaking of milk, do you have the Viva Skim Delight where you are? Its skim milk but it tastes just like 2%. I'm not sure why but its very different from the regular skim milk, it doesnt have that gray color either. My kids even love it and they LOVE milk!

~melissa


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.