Old 02-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #196  
Pending Email Confirmation

Red face

Hey everyone

MsRD - old habits are hard to break... hope you stopped at one, that's not so bad. Liek we were saying ....you're doing well most of the time. Focus on that.... there will probably be other cookies there in the future - that's life. PS According to Elisha you need to do 20 minutes on the bike to justify it.... just kidding wink wink

Hikein - glad you're feeling more positive today. Maybe buddying up with Elisha is a good strategy for you... Maybe our next challenge should be trying to make a habit of at least one thing for the entire month .... i.e. drink 64 oz of water every day or limit carbs to a certain % of your diet (or none) getting all your veggies in... recognizing the "good" or OP things you do everyday... stuff like that... what do you think?

Lisa - so sorry about your complications - take it slow... I don't think you need to focus too much on what you're eating at this point - maybe portions as you're not exercising as much - but your body is also using up extra energy healing itself. What agreat support system you have - appreciate it. What a sweet boy you have! I know you missed the time that you felt he needed you - but DH was there to be in your place... so many children don't have that. And Mommy was there in the end to snuggle with and be comforted by. I know I always felt bad when I had to miss a sports day - or a school function because I had to work. So I kinda lived by quality nonot quantity.

Chick Tracy - Remember the power of positive thinking .... recovery gets better day by day.... How is the family making out with helping you?

HotCup - Hope I didn't scare you away.... Today and tomorrow are new days - an opportunity to re-group, re-focus, renew ... Take care of you..... you go through the motions enough time you get into a habit... the next thing you know - it's is what you enjoy....

Well I better post my results for the day

Food
oatmeal/ yoghurt (3)
bran bar (2)
ham & pickle sandwich (5)
apple (1)
orange (1)
popcorn (2)
bran bar (2)
carrot, nut & raisin slaw (3)
baked potato w/salsa (3)
stuffed pork cutlet (6)
peas & corn (1)
popcorn (1)
30 points used - only supposed to have 26 Gotta give up the bran bar or popcorn habit (I'm voting for the bran bars.... it's realling working lately )

WATER = 80oz

EXERCISE - WATP 2 MILES (30 minutes)
15 minute brisk walk (15 minutes)
5 mile brisk after dinner walk (90 minutes)

ANyways - it's 9:48... still gotta make lunches & get my clothes ready.

PS I apologize to anyone if they think I was being to straight forward - or being a know it all.... I don't mean it that way - I'm only trying to support you guys.... This really is a great group and I want to help you all the way you help me..... Let me know what you need... and I'll do my best to be there for you.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:28 AM   #197  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Today I am tired. Yesterday was an ok day. Eating wasn't fabulous, but I exercised and I actually drank lots of water yesterday, so it's ok. And I managed to get some stuff done, so that's good.

Yesterday's menu looked like this:
Breakfast: coffee with creamer, mashed potatoes w/cheese on ww toast w/a little butter (this is my favorite breakfast of all time, even if it's not very healthy!)
Lunch: tomato soup, FF chips
Dinner: lasagna, ww toast w/margarine, LF cottage cheese w/cucumbers
Dessert: SF Klondike bar
Snack: nectarine

Water: 64 oz.
Exercise: 25 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the weight machine

Calories came in at 1935, which is high, but with the exercise I ended up with 21 points left in my budget. It seems I can either get the exercise or the food, but not both. I need to work on getting everything working together. Today shouldn't be too bad, as I have a lunch waiting for me at work that is fairly low-calorie (if I can get to work through all this snow!). Don't know about breakfast and dinner yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Anyway, my brain just stopped functioning, so I guess I'll go get ready for work now.
Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #198  

Hello all!

Hooray for Friday! I am sooo ready for 2 days off! Got my 60-oz of water in today....but food was not that wonderful. Breakfast was oatmeal w/milk & tea.....mid-morning was bagel w/waaaayyyy too much cream cheese.......no lunch (due to bagel overdose).......midafternoon was slice of blueberry/lemon bread.......and for dinner we did the KFC thing. I guessing around 1700 calories.....maybe more. I will definitely be doing the whole 3 miles with Leslie tonight!

Lisa......Glad you are feeling better.....hooray for wonder drugs! So sorry you couldn't be with your son for his surgery......the two of you take it easy this weekend! (And I think DS is right....you should have gotten the toy!)

Joy......I must confess to inhaling TWO cookies the other day; but I also did 3 miles WATP! We will find out tomorrow at weigh-in if it did any good! No need to apologize for saying it like it is......I appreciate all the support you have given me.....don't stop now!

Elisha.....Looks like your day was right on track.....food, water, exercise! Keep it up! You are doing a super job!

The tax stuff is still spread all over the dining room table, so that has got to take top priority tonight. Tomorrow, we are going to a botanical garden with friends and out to lunch......then Sunday, kids and kidlets will be down to celebrate DGD 5th birthday! I better get moving!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #199  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening ladies!

Not really much to say tonight. My brain stopped working early this morning and hasn't started again since!

I just wanted to post my menu for the day. I was actually on track!

Breakfast: 2 c. coffee with creamer and splenda, 2 sl. ww bread w/1 egg, 1 tbsp LF mayo, 1 slice cheese, and a hash brown. Yeah, breakfast was a little much, but I knew it was going to be a while until lunch.
Lunch: diet pepsi, pizza lean pocket, FF chips, orange
Snack: 1 small belgian chocolate--like 1/4 oz. It was SOOOO good.
Dinner: water (not enough yet, but I'm working on it), caesar salad with only a little dressing, boca burger on bun with cheese, ketchup, and pickes, small handful of dry-roasted peanuts

Right now I'm at 1477 calories, which is pretty darn good for me. I'd really like to have one of those SF Klondike bars we have in the freezer, but I've got about 40 calories left in my daily budget, and my legs hurt too much to exercise tonight. Perhaps I will find some other *small* treat that I can have that won't cost me too much calorically. I need to find a recipe for really cheap/easy to make, low-fat, low-calorie cookies, or something. Oooh... or toffee. I could really go for some toffee right now.

Stop it, Elisha! Stop it RIGHT NOW!

Ok, I'm going to go drink some more water and read my book. Have a good weekend, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #200  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tgif

Well chickies...we are going into the last weekend of February...and all I can say to that is "thank goodness!" It's been aheck of a couple of months so far and I am sooooo ready to start fresh!

I've not been keeping track at all of food. I mean I know what goes into my mouth and I am aware that I am eating things I shouldn't be...but I do continue to eat them anyway! I DID eat breakfast this morning (scrambled eggs and WW toast w/ homemade rasp. jam) and Chinese for lunch and burriots for supper! Plenty of sugar in between...I'll get back on track starting next week, I promise! Water today was good! 60+ ounces! Yea!

I like the idea of doing a weekly focus...or even a daily focus challenge, like Joy suggested! That might be helpful to me! Otherwise I may just have to take a sabbatical for a while!

I made the promise that I would exercise 4 times this week (that includes Saturday and Sunday) so I WILL be doing that tomorrow and Sunday. My abs are a little sore from doing crunches with DD. She has been so cute about doing exercises with me this week! I'm so glad she likes to exercise!!! You should see her abs at 5 years old! She has a 6 pack!!!! She can do complete sit ups with her legs lifted off the floor...like 20-30 of them...and think nothing of it!! OK...I had to brag a little! She's just so cute! So tomorrow, I will remind her that I need to exercise and she will make sure I do! She's my little coach!

Elisha...hope you didn't cave into the toffee! You were doing so good today! Yea you!

Joy...I don't think you are a know it all! I think sometimes we need to hear the truth! At least I do...and I appreciate your support! I need someone to be tough and honest with me, so you can keep it up! I need the accountability! If I say I am going to do something, hold me to it! If I don't do it...hmmmm....remind me that I said it!

MsRD...Good for you on the water today. Hope you got your 3!!!! miles in tonight with Leslie! I can't motivate myself to workout on Friday nights, for some reason! I'm sure it's that ole familiar feeling! Maybe I should start a new habit, huh? LOL!

Lucy...sooo good to hear from you! Glad you like your new digs! Sounds perfect for you! You sound so busy! Take care of that ankle, ok? And check in with us once in a while! We miss you and your adventures!!!

Lisa...Hope tomorrow brings you some more healing! Get your rest and let others worry about the messes! Easier said than done, I know...but try ok!

Jennifer and Mary...it's been a while since we both heard from you. Jen, I know things have been kind of rough. Mary...hope you are still out there! I miss both of you!!!!! It's not the same around here without both of you!!!!

Oh...and Gabrielle...where are YOU, chickie! Ms. Exercise!!! What's up with you? Hope all is well with you and the baby? Are you back working now?

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 03:22 AM   #201  

Evening all

A late post tonight(11:30 p.m.) - caught a few ZZZZ's on the couch.... now I'm wide awake

I must say today wasn't a great day as far as eating, water and exercise goes.... Here's the way it went...
oatmeal/yoghurt (3) bran bar (2) apple (1) carrot slaw (3) salmon wrap (5) 3.5 amazing biscotti's(?lots) 4 california roll sushi (?) 1.5 shrimp spring roll (?) 2 glasses red wine - could explain the nap (4) popcorn (2)

Water 48 oz

only exercise 15 minute walk at afternoon break

A friend told DH about a fabulous new coffee shop called Notti Biscotti.... we went there to try it out and ended up spending $55 on cookies. (6 for us $15.00) and two gift certificates for friends who we are having over for birthday dinners tomorrow. They had the most incredible flavours smartie, fudgy pudgy, fireman's pole.... one with cranberrys & white chocolate.. anyways I caved... at least DH and I shared each one... Probably wasn't a great idea to go in there.... but we skipped dinner (too full) and had some sushi and spring rolls instead.

I lieu of having a special birthday dinner for my friends tomorrow I really should have been being careful today. We'll be having caesar salad, chicken breast, pasta (tomato & basil sauce) and garlic bread. We bought a tuxedo cake for dessert, and the fixing for brie cheese baked with walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar, mini pitas, artichoke dip and chips. I'll try to be careful - but I know that I will over indulge - no sense kidding myself. So tomorrow morning I will have my regular breakfast and a salad with a bit of tuna & mayo for lunch THAT'S IT!

Hikein - Baby steps! So what are you thinking your first challenge will be? I'm thinking I'd like to try a weekly focus duration. No sabaticals for you Chickie - we need you

Elisha - What a great day for you! Off days are often as important as work out days for healing. If you legs are sore - how about grabbing a few dumb bells or books or soup cans and doing an arm work out (triceps, biceps, shoulder presses, arm raises etc... works your abs too if you hold them tight)

MsRD - You are really pulling things together - Did I tell you I'm proud of you, well if I didn't here goes YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD!. I'm really going to try to follow your lead and be as optomistic as you for the next week..... I love the weekends too - 2 days off - but sometimes they bring challenges too. Social events, food around whenever you want, eating on the go etc.... Oh well, that's life.... that's what the people say...la..laa (a little Frank Sinatra)

Well - I'll try to post tomorrow - but will be pretty busy cleaning up my (pig sty) house and getting dinner together before our guests arrive.... I promise you guys I will try to be moderate with my eating i.e. small portions and only the smallest piece of cake and when we get to the snacking I'll put them on the table out of my immediate reach.

Last edited by squabb56; 02-26-2005 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #202  
motomom

Default Saturday AM

Morning chickies,
I have lots to do today, including going to get my hair cut (finally!). I'm trying to wake up right now with a cup of coffee and DD at my side!
Things I NEED to get done today:
*Clean up this pig stye (thanks for the quote, Joy!)
*Get a bazillion loads of laundry started!
*Start my menu for next week (I think this is going to have to be my focus since my eating is so out of control. But I think I will break it down into an even smaller challenge...plan healthy snacks, since that seems to be the biggest obstacle for me!)

Joy...you sound like you've got a plan in mind for today and after a day like yesterday, that's what we need to do...not wallow in our selves! Thanks to you for that bit of inspiration!

Alright chickies, DD and I are going to start cleaning this house...well at least I am! She can help me with a few things, and she loves to but mostly she loses interest after a few minutes!!!

Hugs!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #203  

Happy Saturday!

I tip-toed into the laundry room this AM and slid my pudgy little frame on the scale and it registered DOWN THREE POUNDS! WOOHOO! HOORAY FOR ME! Oops....sorry about getting carried away there.....but it has been soooo long since I have had my act together and actually lost any weight! Just gotta keep the focus and keep going......

Elisha.....I never thought of my daily calories as a budget. What a great concept! When I have a few left over at the end of the day, I allow myself a snack......*usually* a healthy one.....like string cheese or yogurt or,if I have been especially vigilant, ice cream (that I actually dish into....and eat out of....a pyrex measuring cup to keep the portions right!)

Julie.....I love the idea of DD as your exercise coach! How wonderful you are teaching her healthy eating and exercise at this early age.......it will serve her the rest of her life!

Joy......Yes, weekends are a challenge! I have to really concentrate on food choices, as my schedule is totally different than weekdays! But I also allow myself a little slack too......life is more than just dieting!

Tomorrow is DGD 5th birthday. We have gone together and bought her a new bike......which presents a problem in the wrapping department. I think I will put the bike in the laundry room......and cover the door with wrapping paper and ribbon.....and tell her her gift was so big I had to wrap an entire room!

Well.....off to buy wrapping paper, then home and a run with the dog and housecleaning and laundry .....and DH just said friends were coming over at 5pm......better fire up the afterburners if I am going to get this all done!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #204  

Hey WHOO HOO MsRD....Congrats You deserve to Dance Dance Dance.

I notice you don't have the private message on your profile... I was hoping to send you an e-card from 3FC site. To do that I need your email address - can you PM it to me if you want to share it. No pressure.

Hugs
Old 02-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #205  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Trust me MsRD,...Joy sends the nicest cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a sweetie!!

WELL GUESS WHAT???????? I GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I went to one of my favorite places in the world...the library!! LOL!! Yes, I admit to being a geek..I love reading so much. At our library here, they have a "book room" filled with donated books. They range in price from 25 to 50 cents. And, they are GOOD BOOKS...some are practically new. My Mom and I got 3 grocery bags full of books for $11.50. I can't wait to go through them and choose my top picks. I've been reading like crazy the past few days..it's giving me something to do . Do any of you ever read David Baldacci?? He is one of my new faves. I really like his work. Elisha......what are you reading?? I heard you mention a book. Anyway,,,just couldn't wait to tell you I finally had escaped from the house for a bit.

Tracy - Are you o.k. sweetie? I am worried about you. Please give us an update if you are up to it. I hope your recovery is going well, and that each day you are feeling a bit stronger.

MsRD - You are just doing a fabulous job! Congratulations .

Julie - A little bird told me that you are exercising really well this week!! WTG! If you think you are getting a sabbatical, you are SO WRONG! SORRY, THAT IS NOT AN OPTION. We need you!

Joy - How did the party go? The menu sounded mouth watering!

Alright, a new challenge is on the near horizon!! I am going to participate in my limited way. I will be focusing on my food, my water, my attitude, and light walking.

Ummm......could somebody else post??? I'm so bored !!! LOLOL!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #206  

Hey Lisa

Nothing like a good book (or a hundred) to lift your spirits Good to see you getting out. Dinner went famously last night... and we had a hillarious game of monopoly - of course I was the first one out as usual. It was so nice to see our friends socially - it's been a long time....

For those of you that follow Flylady - I have to admit its been a long while since I felt comfortable inviting people over - the quintisensial (sp?) perfectionist.... but I really enjoyed myself and remembered that I enjoy entertaining.

Of course I did overdo but I expected that - no counting yesterday - just life.

We took the dogs for a doggie walk today 45 minutes - the weather is so nice it's about 17 deg celcius (approx. 66deg Feh) outside here. Amazing for February weather - I had to take my yoga jacket of and walk the last hill in my sleeveless T-shirt - but no complaints here.

Well I better go do something...

Talk to you all soon

Old 02-27-2005, 04:24 PM   #207  
motomom

Default Sunday!

Afternoon all you wonderful chickies!!! I'm sitting here with a cup of Julie's Java! Yup...made up my own coffee drink! I had some Traverse City Cherry coffee, mixed that with some Folgers and made a pot. Then put in my Fr. Vanilla FF creamer and then added some Hershey's cocoa (unsweetened). It was a little bitter, so I then added some Splenda! Ahhhhh! Just right now! Almost as good as one from the very expensive coffee houses!!!

OK...first things first! Since I was having such a crappy day a few days ago, I've come to the realization that I am the only one who can allow myself to have those kind of days!!! And I will make a promise to all of you...MARCH IS GOING TO BE SOME KIND OF KICK A** MONTH FOR ME...AND YOU!!!

I am on track with my exercise. Did my 4th day of aerobics and 3rd day of toning today for this week!!!!! So I hit my goal for this week!!!! (My week runs from Monday to Sunday!)

I am so geeked about this next week because I think I have it figured out...if I exercise tomorrow, then take off Tuesday, exercise Weds, Thurs, off Friday and then Saturday & Sunday on...I will then be on a 5 day a week schedule, which works for me! I guess I can always switch out one of the days for another day if my schedule doesn't work with it! I don't think a person NEEDS to exercise more than 5 days a week unless you are training for something...and that will come later this summer, but for now...5 days is good!

I said that my focus this next week is going to be healthy snacks! I'm not a big fruit eater, so maybe I need to make the goal that I will eat one piece/serving of fruit during the day while at work...I have plenty of it around here...DD LOVES fruit (even instead of ice cream!!!)...there's melon that's all cut up, apples, grapes, grapefruit (which needs to be eaten) and there's plenty of canned fruit! I will prepare that the night before each night...along with making my lunch or at least thinking about what I am going to have for the next day. I like to eat a good lunch...keeps me going for the rest of the day, so I can do sandwiches and plenty of fresh veggies (have cucumbers & plain yogurt which I should make into a dip...I think there's one on the recipe thread, isn't there?!) And as far as suppers go...We have lots of frozen meat, tuna & salad stuff to make dinners with! If anyone has a great recipe that's a quick fix, I'd love to hear about it!

I'm feeling GREAT and OPTIMISIC about March. I hope that we can all stick together this month and really get this thing going! I want it, I need it!

MsRD...a HUGE HIP HIP HOORAY FOR YOU!!!! I am so proud of you...you really have changed things around this last week and have not only shown that you can do this, but also motivated me!! So, thank you...and congratulations on the loss! NOW KEEP GOING!!!

Joy...You are just awesome chickie! I appreciate all your feedback and your inspirational ways! 66 F sounds awesome...we are back down in the 20's today with a Winter Weather Watch looming with a bunch more snow expected this week!!! :snf: I'm thinking that SPRING might be a little further out for us this year! Oh well, Michigan is a beautiful state!
OK...back on track for BOTH of us tomorrow!!!

Lisa...So glad you got a chance to get out! And all those books for so cheap! Just like going to a garage sale in the middle of winter! How cool! What? No Sabbatical for me??? Dang...I was so hoping!

And to the rest of you...get your butts on here and post!!!!

Hugs to all!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:29 PM   #208  

Evening all

Kids & kidlets have finally left for home. Birthday party was a success........sometimes I forget how exciting being 5 can be! Of course, i had too much cake and ice cream.....but the good news is that they took it home with them, so I will not be tempted any further!

For those interested......I finally turned on the private messaging thingy in my profile! I am so technologically challenged!

Lisa.....you escaped? It probably felt sooo good......an emancipation proclamation! And going to the library is the best! I used to love to read and somehow haven't managed to budget the time for it in recent years. Of course, if this cold Michigan winter continues, I will have lots of time!

Joy.....glad you had a good party! It is so much fun to entertain.....your menu sounded absolutely delicious!

Julie....you are really rocking with the exercise! Low-cal snacks are so nice to have around. It is time for the both of us to sit down and plan this weeks menus....k?

DH is talking about going on Atkins. As much as I would love for him to lose some weight, the prospect of low-carb cooking just doesn't appeal to me......so many of our menus have carbs in one form or another! BUT, he is sooooo overweight, I will do anything to help him......I will adapt!

I have to go shovel out the kitchen now. I think the dishwasher is done, so that can be unloaded and then loaded again with all the supper dishes. Then, maybe a nice brisk walk with Leslie......

Last edited by MsRD; 02-27-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #209  
motomom

Default New Avatars! Yea!

Thanks to Jennifer and Lisa, we have some new avatars which will be posted with the new challenge! I picked mine out already as I got a sneak peak! Maybe you all did, too!

Lisa???? Got that challenge ready to go for Tuesday??? I'm ready for it!!

How about the rest of ya...ready to kick some serious butt this month?! It's gonna be a long cold month here in Michigan, so we have to make the most of it, right MsRD???? LOL!!!!!

Get those goals ready cause Tuesday will be here before we know it!!!

Hugs!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:32 PM   #210  
~In my own little world~

Hello Everyone, I've just been in such pain that I haven't been able to sit at the puter for any length of time. Actually I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself and angry that my surgery went so badly. I do go to the doctor tomorrow for the staples to get out. I have to keep the catheter another week and then the stint for another 6 weeks. It's really been a nightmare. Thank you to each of you that has sent me messages and read about all my drama. I so NOT a drama queen so this has all been horrid. I've read about you all. I hope each of you has a great up coming week. And remember to eat healthy and work those muscles.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote