Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 AM   #211  
Pending Email Confirmation

Here's my Sunday night update

Glad to hear from you Chick.... I'm so sorry you're having a tough time of it - don't worry about giving us the low down ... we're here to listen and support you. Take it easy - and let us know how you're doing when you can....

Hikein - I was anticipating the new challenge and went in search of a new avatar - how do you like my chick.... could'nt decide weather I should celebrate Easter, Spring or Saint Patrick's Day... but decided that a chick was the best. I guess I didn't get the "sneak peek". Oh well.... I like to be a little different anyways...

Officially my goal of "215" ends tomorrow, today I stepped on the scale (naked first thing in the morning after my pee) and was below 215. Whether that will hold up for WW on Wednesday we will have to see.... I hope it does.... missed last months weight goal be a few days too ..... too little to late or something like that I have surpassed my exercise goal for the month - WHOOO HOOO

I think I'll up the daily equation for March as we are trying to get the training in for the sun run (nope haven't started running yet - but lottsa speed walking). I'm thinking 60 minutes activity per day time 31 days makes it 1860 minutes... I've been doing WATP in the morning and a 4.5 mile walk in the evening so it should be easy I'd like to alternate the 10 minute ab workout and buns & thighs too if I have time in the morning. I also walk during my breaks.... my legs stiffen up when I sit too long - plus my edema acts up and moving around really help. So if I continue to do what I'm doing I'll be exercising 150 minutes a day - more than enough. I'm sure there will be some off days along the way - I haven't scheduled them but every few days I'm too tired in the morning

I'm also considering a committent to no eating after dinner for the month of March. That's a tough one for me - I hate to set something unattainable.... but if it were meant to be easy it wouldn't be a challenge would it? As far as a weight goal - I think I'll aim for 210 (another fiver off)

Holly cow - am I rambling tonight or WHAT.

Okay - food today
Poached eggs (2) with crab & artichoke stuffing on Flour Free Wheat Bread (2) I'm sure this is mega points/biscotti & coffee and 1/2 a yummy muffin, North Africian Califlower Soup (from Moosehead cookbook) and crab & artichoke stuffed mini pitas (yes the stuffing was left over dip from last night). I think I'll have some popcorn later... I've got a few days before my no eating after dinner rule kicks in.

Water - probably about 48 oz.

Exercise - 45 minute doggy walk this morning. 80 minute speed walk after dinner.

Okay - it's 9:48 and I've gotta get lunches made, figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow, do the dishes, make coffee etc...

Nighty Night
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:09 AM   #212  
Onward and downward!

Unhappy

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to find when I last posted, but thought I would just post anyway. The past week has been a very emotional one. My dearest friend's (of almost 25 years) Dad passed away last Wednesday after being ill for sometime. I, along with everyone who loves her, have been supporting her as best we can, but nothing can take away the hurt she is feeling. She has a wonderfully supportive husband and son and extended family.

I will post again tomorrow Chickies.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:22 AM   #213  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Morning

Lots to say to so many of you, but let me just first say that I really feel good today..very positive that my day will go well!!! I packed my lunch and snack for this afternoon already and had a piece of Whole grain toast with some light veggie cream cheese (I know, a little wierd but...hey!)

It's snowing here this morning...We probably got a couple of inches last night and this is going to continue through the next week! So...spring is NOT going to be here any time soon, but I will be ready for it when it does arrive!

Chick...let me just say to you that I remember how awful I felt when I was just sick with the flu and stuff last month! I can just imagine how you must feel! The most important thing is to get plenty of rest and do what the "powers that be" tell you so that you can heal and get back to doing what you love! We are here for you and rooting for you and your recovery! Get well, chickie!

Lucia...I'm so glad you posted. I had been wondering about you. Sorry about your friend and the death of her Dad. It's always sad to lose a loved one but we never know how that loss affects the other person...just that you have been there for her, I'm sure, means a whole lot! Hugs to you chickie!

Joy...Way to go on your weight loss goal this month! I'm so proud of you!!!! Yea!!!!! And your workout schedule sounds grueling to me!!! You've got some kind of energy, girl!!! Keep it up! I do like your Avatar! Very cute! Did you see my new "look" with the daffodils and the chick on my weight loss scale? I NEED some spring around me!!

MsRD...Yes...5 IS most definately an exciting time for a birthday! That's how old my DD is and it has really been the most fun for me!! I love her excitement about everything! Glad the party went well and that you were able to give away the goods! What a lucky little one to have a Grandma like you!

Hugs to all and I hope your MOnday goes well!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #214  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

This weekend was ok, except for the new woman at work, who is an absolute terror. Everything is going ok otherwise. At work we're preparing for the 3 most important weeks of the season--Free Gift with Purchase time--and the pressure is really on. But it's ok, we're ahead of schedule right now, and we usually come out in the top few stores in the company, so I'm not worried. Today is my day off, and I sure am thankful for it!

Food was ok this weekend, I think I had about 1450 calories Saturday, and I have yet to add up yesterday's. No exercise, not enough water, but I don't think I did badly anyway.

MsRD--The "calorie budget" thing really wasn't my idea. I have diet tracking software called DietPower, and it actually treats calories like a budget. You can earn more by exercising, you can be overdrawn, and you can have some "in the bank." It's pretty nifty.

Lisa-- I read Angels & Demons and The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. They're ok, but I don't think he's a great writer. Being an English student with a specialization in editing has made me rather picky about writing (not that I wasn't always picky about it). Still good reads, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm going to head home before I get snowed in here (at Steve's). We're supposed to get 6-10 inches, or something like that. Bleh.

Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #215  

Hello All!

The new avatars are beautiful! I am sooo ready for Spring! A new month.....a new challenge!.....March is going to be great!

Got all my water in by the time I got home (gives me something to do on the commute to/from work).....breakfast was cereal & milk & tea......lunch was yogurt and crackers and cheese......dinner was tuna salad sandwich & orange juice (DH wasn't feeling well, so I just grabbed something for myself.) The calories are only around 1000 now....but I still feel a bit hungry, so will have something later on. There is a loaf of banana oatmeal bread in the oven now, so that sounds like a good snack!

ChickNextDoor........ I wish I could just give you a hug and make everything all better. I hope you have good news from the doctor, and next week will be an improvement. Check in here anytime.....we love to hear from you, but understand you might not be up to it for awhile yet.

Squabb......Woohoo! You have had a fantastic month! Surpassed your exercise AND your weight goals! I wanna be just like you!

Lucia....I was saddened to hear about your friend's loss. I lost my Dad a few years back, and I know how painful it can be......thank you for being there for her.

Julie.....Once you get those positive feelings rolling, there will be no stopping you! It is snowing here too......they are predicting 4-8" by the time this storm gets by us tomorrow. Oh, well, it's not like we have never seen snow before.

Time to get up and get moving.......lots of stuff to do yet.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #216  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default New Challenge is Up!!

Hi everyone...
Just thought I'd let those of you know who didn't think to look, that the new challenge is up over here!

Come check us out!!!!

Lisa did an awesome job putting it up and the new avatars are just great!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote