Old 10-07-2004, 09:24 AM   #76  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

What is the easiest part of your new healthy lifestyle?

For me, the easiest thing has been planning healthy lunches & breakfasts to bring to work. Since I do that prep-work ahead of time, it makes it very easy to grab & go without much thought. And in a pinch, I always have something "good" that can be nuked without a lot of planning. That reminds me that I need to do another "prepping" weekend & make chili & sauce & taco meat, and baggie more smart start. I also want to try FiberOne & see if that's any good.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:51 PM   #77  
LucyKitty

Easiest part is working out. Makes ya feel good, gives you energy, and just puts you in a great mood for the day. Definitely easiest part!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:24 PM   #78  

What is the easiest part of my new healthy lifestyle? Picking out what to drink at every meal. WATER! LOL

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #79  
"workin' on my fitness"

Wait, I want to change my answer! I agree with Donna!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:58 PM   #80  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Uhhhhh

There's easy parts? I haven't found any.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:19 PM   #81  
Samantha

Exactly, Hotcupojava!!!! That's why I didn't answer this one!
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #82  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

The easiest thing for me has been finding products at the grocery store. I like the Smart Ones ice cream sandwiches, for example. We are living in an age that caters to the needs of every type of dieter. I like having my special "stuff" that helps me get my cravings under control without blowing my points.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:03 AM   #83  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Question Question of the Day

If you are an emotional/habitual eater (i.e. if you eat for any reason other than hunger), how do you curb that? Are there any activities you do instead of eating, etc.?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #84  

If you are an emotional/habitual eater (i.e. if you eat for any reason other than hunger), how do you curb that? Are there any activities you do instead of eating, etc.?

Hmm... Well, I would like to say I have a plan. But this is a big issue with me. I have tried to go and pound the pavement or the treadmill and also have poured myself a tall one... (water, LOL) But, this is still a work in progress and I look forward in reading what the rest of you say so I may learn! LOL

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #85  
"workin' on my fitness"

Ooooh, I'm good at this one!

Something that has helped me tremendously is cross stitching & crocheting. Keeps your hands busy, and you need to keep them clean while you are working. When I sit down for the night to watch TV, I used to mindlessly munch. Same thing on weekends, especially if hubby was working. TV meant munching, even if I had just eaten an hour before.

Now, the cross stitching works. Or giving yourself a manicure, so that you have wet nails, even if it's just clear polish. Can't pick at snacks or goodies with wet nails. And if all else fails, taking a bubble bath or shower.

And I always, always, always have sugar free gum stashed at work and at home, so when I think I need to eat but know I can't be hungry, I pop in a piece of gum or two, and that's usually enough to distract me.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #86  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

For some reason, I love Altoids! And they seem to help me! It's like when you just finished brushing your teeth...you don't want to eat as badly. And, I just bought the new Spearmint Altoids...they are so good!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #87  
Samantha

I am definitely a habitual eater, and I am not sure how to fix that, because I eat when I am bored. I am not so much an emotional eater, though. I did just so happen to buy some cross stitch christmas projects today, though, and I plan to use them the same way that you guys mentioned!
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #88  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

I eat when I am hungry, but when I am REALLY hungry, I'm bad because I will eat ANYTHING within reach! I do eat when I am bored, sometimes! I do the water thing at night when I am on the computer...fill a glass and sip it while I am browsing! That seems to have helped curb the "routine/boredom eating", but there are 2 times during the day when I eat out of boredom/routine...around 2pm at work (usually only at work) and at night when the family has gone to bed (hmmmm, do you call that "closet eating"?) This usually happens when I have had an especially bad day, and I don't have a plan for that! I'm very stubborn!!! And those of you who know me are probably thinking "Noooooooo, not YOU Julie!!!!" So breaking this "habits" are going to be difficult but I know it's something I need to do! The work thing is easier if Ikeep healthy snacks at my desk! It's the emotional stuff that's harder!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #89  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Question Question of the Day

How do you handle peer pressure?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #90  
"workin' on my fitness"

LOL- easy- hubby & I are antisocial! Seriously, though...the only time that really comes into play is here at the office, and with my "shadow" Cindy. She's the one who wants to go out to lunch every single day, for big meals at Fridays, or Olive Garden...most days I have my packed breakfast & lunch & after 7 months , I think she finally got the hint. If she doesn't see me with my packed goodies, she starts at 8:30 am wanting to know where I want to go. Sigh...it never ends!

Short answer- advanced planning, and non-committal "I don't knows" when people push.