Old 10-01-2004, 11:01 AM   #46  
Samantha

I had a horrible habit of snacking when I was bored. I have tried really hard not to do that, but I am still working on it!!!
I also had a horrible habit of going to McDonalds, Sonic, or Burger King before AND after work...I haven't eaten at either one of those places in ONE MONTH TODAY!!!! WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 AM   #47  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

At the moment, I've found I'm not finishing things if I'm not hungry! Yesterday I only ate half a Curly Wurly....

I'm finishing it off now that you reminded me!!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:50 PM   #48  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

2 frustrated - I love Curly Wurlys!!!! I live here in the U.S. and order them from the U.K.!!! We don't have them .

I am trying hard to break the fast food habit! It's just so easy to drive through!! I am definitely doing better with doing that though - I'm limiting myself!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #49  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

My worst habit was eating when I was bored, or just because it was the time I normally ate even if I wasn't hungry. Now I try to only eat when I'm hungry, or when my work schedule dictates (but I'm usually hungry then anyway).

I've also gotten into the habit of drinking water. I find that when I drink anything else I tend to drink rather slowly, but when I drink water I drink it quickly, so that is a good thing. I allow myself 1 diet soda per day, and I usually don't even finish my 12-ounce can at lunch, and I get a whole hour for lunch. However, when I have a glass of water, it takes me maybe 15 minutes to drink the whole thing, and then I'll pick up my glass and start to take a drink a couple of times before actually going to refill it.

Another habit, good or bad I'm not sure, is that of counting calories. I just can't help it now. Any time I think about food I think about the calorie content, and if I don't know, I usually try to figure it out (let's see, there's about 3 oz of cheese, that's 300 calories, plus 2 oz of bread, another 150 cals...). And it's not just with my food, but even what I see other people eating. "Steve, do you have any idea how many calories were in that pizza you just ate?" And I pick up things at the grocery store to see how many calories are in them. I guess it's a good thing that I look at labels, but calories and serving size are really the only thing I look at. I'm a little obsessed.
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #50  

Hmmm.....habits. My worst habit was snacking after dinner......ice cream, cookies, cake......and it was the hardest habit to break. I started by substituting something healthy......yogurt or cereal or an apple or just a big glass of water. Now, the craving isn't quite as bad, but when I feel those 'gotta have it' snackies coming on, I use is as a cue that it is exercise time.

I have also gotten into the habit of packing my lunch for work now......it gives me time to think of what I will be eating and making it healthy.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:53 PM   #51  

He he! Elisha I'm a bit calorie obsessed too but hey it has results and when I stop thinking about them I start putting weight on!

The best bad habit I've lost is eating whole packets of biscuits. Never a good plan. I don't even like them that much.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:04 AM   #52  

Worst old habit: Eating takeout every day for lunch! Can't believe I did that!!! Now, it's once a week.

Best new habit: Eating in moderation.
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:30 AM   #53  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Question Question of the Day

What is your favorite part of your new healthy lifestyle?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #54  

Default best new habit/habit I could still change

Now that I have lost 15 lbs., it is much easier to do more aerobic exercise. Kickboxing and step classes don't make my knees and feet hurt. Also, I can button my pants again, which is obviously a great feeling.

What I can still improve: eating small regular amounts during the day so I don't get home starving. I'm a 6th grade teacher; don't have a lot of free time during the workday. I have been bringing in fat-free yogurt, raw veggies with hummus and Wasa crackers w/a bit of peanut butter.

Any suggestions?

Hope everyone has a great week--
Elana
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:17 AM   #55  
Samantha

My favorite part of my new lifestyle is how well I sleep at night. I also love the fact that I feel so in control of my life, whereas before I felt like I had no control over my body.
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:52 AM   #56  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default What is your favorite part of your new healthy lifestyle?

What is your favorite part of your new healthy lifestyle?

It has to be the way I feel. More energy, less aches & pains & body creaks. Better cardiovascular health- I don't wheeze going up the stairs anymore. I don't sit in the car & let hubby run into the store because I'd be out of breath. And I like the positive reinforcement I get from hubby, and family. It makes it all worth it.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:04 PM   #57  

Elanajel -- I find that nuts are filling and good for a quick snack.

QOD: I can wear clothing that is in-style. And I like bucking the trend of junk food in America. Down with The Man! Power to the people!
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:43 PM   #58  
LucyKitty

Favorite part? Realizing how cute I actually am, and not feeling like I shouldn't be shopping in the juniors' section because I'm too fat to. I never, ever shopped there (like The Cube, Mariposa, etc...) when I was in high school, because I was convinced I was far too gigantic to fit into anything there.

Now, way bigger than I was back then, I can fit into things in those stores and I feel awesome, because I look my own age!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:32 PM   #59  

Default Favorite Part of New Lifestyle

I can breathe in my zip up pants again. HA!!

The last time I did a weight loss program was about 7 years ago, at that time I had a job I had to wear business suits in...so was wearing slim fitting skirts most of the time. Toward the end of my weight loss I could SPIN my skirts around myself!! That's when I finally decided to buy smaller sizes.

Of course, when I started this time, those same skirts wouldn't have even FIT on my butt!!

But I'm on a roll and plan to stick with it.
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #60  

Favorite part of my healthy lifestyle is: YOU ALL! AND of course feeling better in the skin I am in. LOL But really, if I didn't want to change to a better lifestyle our paths would of never crossed. THANK YOU ALL!

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote