Old 03-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.4/195.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Spring to Summer Challenge 2019

Inspired by boopchick's challenge last Summer, I now bring you the Spring to Summer Challenge, which runs from Wednesday March 20th until the first day of Summer, June 21st

Whether you are looking to lose weight or maintain, all are welcome. Feel free to join in at any time.

Post your starting and goal weights and your weekly progress on your day of choice.

I had a really rough Winter and I'm really looking forward to making some great progress this spring, and I'm counting on all of us to keep each other motivated.

Feel free to join me again in the spreadsheet: Spring to Summer Challenge
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #2  

I'll post my starting weight on Wednesday, but my goal weight is going to be 182.4, which will be between 10 and 15 pounds down, depending on where my starting weight falls, and a total of 85 pounds down overall. That will keep me on or ahead of track to make my goal for the end of the year.

Good luck and Happy Spring to everyone!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #3  

I'll definitely be joining again! I can't believe it's basically Spring! Time is flying and I'm hoping the pounds will fly off too! lol

Happy St Patrick's Day and may everyone have a little bit O luck this season!
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

Thanks for starting this, Lacerta! At some point I'm going to be ultra-successful with one of the weight-loss challenges and in order to do that I have to keep joining and trying . Count me in!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/164/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for starting the Spring challenge, Lacerta! So happy to be here.

My current weight is 164 so I'm going to put 150 as my goal weight. It's almost 15 pounds which is what I'm usually capable of in 3 months. Good luck to everyone!!! xoxo

SW 164
GW 150
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #6  

Welcome somedaysunny, curvynotlumpy and Follena

curvynotlumpy: Every season that you try and lose even a few pounds is better than the average person who doesn't try, who puts on a pound or two a year. So if you lost even just 8 pounds a year, that's still around 10 pounds lighter than you would be if you didn't try. Add that up over a few years and it makes a big difference.

Follena: Or for our British friends, that is a stone. I think a stone a season is a very reasonable goal. My goal comes out to almost the same.

So I'm ending the winter at the same weight I was a month ago, the weight I started March, and the weight I've most often been over the last 6 weeks: 195.2. I'm really ready for a big whoosh. But I've passed my one year point and made progress every season of that year. Fall and Winter were definitely harder for me than Spring and Summer. So hopefully, that means that now I'm heading back into the time that is easier to lose weight for me. I'd love to have an fantastic Spring and beat my goal.

I'd just really like to hit the 80 pound lost marker by the first day of summer. I've lost 12.x each of the last two seasons, so I'm really hoping Spring is kinder to me, because I need almost 14 to make this season's goal. However, like I said last season, really, anything over 10 pounds will keep me on track for my end of year goal. 3 seasons left to go for the year and I need to lose 27.8 pounds to make my 2019 goal. So 10 pounds a season is enough. More is better though I'm hoping for a big whoosh to end my plateau.

Happy first day of Spring everyone!

Last edited by Lacerta; 03-20-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #7  

I was 2 pounds away from my winter goal so I changed my summer goal by a few pounds. I'm really excited for summer, since I'll have lost so much weight there is so many things I want to do! lol
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote