Old 05-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #46  

I thought after my whoosh things would continue but I guess not lol I have a 5K coming up June 1st. On friday I did a practice 5K at the park, I didn't go the entire 3.1 miles but I did 2.9 so thats close enough lol it took 46 minutes which is 10 minutes faster than my first 5K so hopefully I'll beat my time on June 1st!
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

3.5 weeks of spring left everyone. Way to go.

I've been really enjoying spring fruit. The green grapes and the raspberries have been very good in my area lately, and the strawberries are getting better. I'm not losing quickly, and sometimes I go weeks with no loss at all, but overall, I'm averaging right at a pound a week. We're one day short of 21 weeks into the year and I'm down 20.8 pounds for the year, so right on track. If I continue losing a pound a week, I'll CRUSH my 2019 goal of 37.8 pounds. Even with just where I'm at now, I have more than half the year to go and I'm done with 20.8 pounds with only 17 pounds to go.17 pounds in 7 months is only less than 2.5 pounds a month.

Keep up the good work those of you who are still with me
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 233.2/233.2/165

Height: 5' 5 3/4"

Hi everyone - I know I am late joining just saw this. Really looking forward to loosing some weight by the end of the challenge.
rdanielshanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #49  

Lacerta I'm still here trucking along! I've been camping a lot, I haven't been home not one weekend this month lol This Saturday is my second 5K! My goal is to beat my previous time of 56 minutes and not be last!

rdanielshanner ! It's never too late! Good luck on your journey!
Old 05-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #50  

Somedaysunny: Looks like it might just be you and me and any newcomers who finish off this season. Hopefully one or two come back with updates and have just forgotten to post. Good luck on your 5k tomorrow. Should be slightly nicer weather than your first 5k, yes? Have a great time!

rdanielshanner: Welcome. Absolutely never too late. We still have 3 weeks to go, and you can definitely make a good start in 3 weeks.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #51  

Lacerta I'd love to see everyone's progress! But I know sometimes life gets crazy and it's easy to forget about posting.

My race had MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer weather yesterday! Last time it was freezing weather but this time it was 70 and partly cloudy, I couldn't have asked for better weather! My friend finished first in her age division and I finished 2nd! I couldn't believe it! My goal was to beat my score and I did, last time it took 56 minutes 31 seconds, yesterday it was 48 minutes 12 seconds! I couldn't believe there were people slower than me lol I thought I was going to end up last! I even got a ribbon so I'm super excited!

Last edited by somedaysunny; 06-02-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #52  

somedaysunny: That's amazing. I've only participated in two 5ks and both times, I walked most or all of the way, so I don't even have a basis time to compare against. You not only beat all those who didn't participate, you beat a lot of those who DID. Way to go You! Also, you are SO CLOSE to goal already. Way to crush it!

I got out and went for a long walk on our river Greenbelt on Saturday. Intended to do about 3 miles, but when we finished that, neither hubby or I were tired, so we did 2.5 more miles. Best we'd done previously was 4 miles, so 5.5 was a big step up. I was a little sore last night, but fine today

Last edited by Lacerta; 06-02-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #53  

Lacerta Thank you! I would say I ran about 1/3, the rest was walk. I think for training on my next one I need to increase my distances. I normally only go 1 mile when I exercise and I think thats been my down fall.

I forgot to add in my last post that I bought a new bathing suit! I bought a regular one piece, its a V neck and halter top, something I have wanted since I was a kid but my mom would never let me lol This is the first bathing suit I have bought in over 10 years that didn't have a skirt on it! I'm still a bit too big for that but I just don't care lol it's super cute and I want to wear it!
I went to a thrift store yesterday and basically got a whole new wardrobe lol they had a $5 bag sale, everything you could fit in the trash bag was just $5 so I got 27 shirts, sizes medium through XL, 1 pair of shoes, and 1 purse, 1 make up bag, 1 little tote to put my crotchet stuff in, and a larger luggage type purse. I tried everything on and obviously the mediums and larges were too small now but I'll shrink into them! I think I'm an XL now. I didn't bother with pants because my mom has smaller pants and my friend thats been losing weight with me does too, so I can just wear theirs when I'm down to their sizes.

Last edited by somedaysunny; 06-04-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #54  

Had a good whoosh this week! Me and a friend were talking about taking a trip to Florida and I was excited to wear my new bathing suit but I'm beginning think we aren't going to actually go, but I'll still wear it camping lol
Old 06-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #55  

Way to go somedaysunny, great week for you.

I'm in a bit of a lull right now, haven't lost much of anything the last 4 weeks, so given my pattern, I hope that means I'm due for a bit of a whoosh. Work should slow down a bit after Monday, so the next 3 weeks will actually be relatively quiet and I'm going to try to take one of those weeks off completely. So fingers crossed for a good whoosh the next couple weeks.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #56  

Lacerta a week off would be great! I hope you whoosh is coming soon!

sgregg you're almost to ONEderland! Congrats!
Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

somedaysunny, Thank you!! I've been back and forth for a few weeks now. If I would just buckle down and eat right everyday then I would stay there. My family and I are going to Orlando next week, and I'm going to get to use my new bathing suit as well! Super excited, and cannot believe how awesome I feel after losing 36lbs!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #58  

Sgregg have fun on your trip!

I forgot to get on the scale before I ate breakfast so my weight probably isn't right, yesterday I was 219.2, but since our last weigh in is Friday I'm just logging what it said today 220.2 and I'll get my final weight Saturday morning since I work Friday.

I hope to see some more updates from others since we're at the end now! Congrats to everyone, weight lost or not, just sticking to it is an accomplishment!
Old 06-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #59  

Tomorrow is the first day of Summer, so I've posted the new challenge for the new season.

Spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1482593038

Thread here: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chi...ml#post5391095
Old 06-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #60  

So I didn't quite make my goal, but really I just need to hit at least 10 pounds each season, to make the goal I set for end of the year. I've done that, so I'm ok with where I've ended the season.

Hope to see everyone over in the summer thread.