Old 04-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #31  

Lacerta I really liked your post, I think its motivating for everybody!
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #32  

I had a good week this week again! I have changed from eating twice a day to 3-4 and I think that has really helped. I haven't been to the gym though in a month now so I'm going to go tomorrow and see what happens lol
Old 04-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Very nice week for you Somedaysunny. Way to go. My week looks terrible if you just look at today, but actually, my average is down over 2 pounds from last week, I'm just up today, which I think is still pepperoni pizza bloat from Friday night.

Funny how different we all are on what works for us. The only way I successfully lose weight is eating twice a day. I tried multiple small meals and that was awful for me, but I know other people who it works great for. This whole weight loss thing would be so easy if there was a "one size fits all" plan for everyone. Finding what works for you is a huge part of the process.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #34  

I have been doing great while I was out of the gym, and now that I started back this week I slowed back down. I don't get how the gym slows me down so much, I read somewhere women realistically only gain like 1 pound of muscle a month so I know it's not muscle. When I first started all I did was the treadmill and I was losing 2-2.5 pounds a week, but I later started weight machines and that was when I slowed down the first time thinking it was a plateau. I don't think it was a coincidence that I hit a plateau the first week I go back to the gym. This is frustrating because I want to do weights, I want to tone up and get stronger, especially my arms. I have a fat roll on my upper arms that I desperately want gone, but I don't want my weight loss to slow down either.

Last edited by somedaysunny; 04-21-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #35  

Another slow week I go to New York City this coming weekend and I'm not going to bother with counting calories while I'm there, we don't have a lot of time and I just want to enjoy my time there
Old 04-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #36  

somedaysunny: You've already had a great season, and we're not even halfway through yet. So I say enjoy your trip and then get back on track when you return.

This seems to be my pattern right now. Big whoosh and then practically nothing. The last three weeks, I've averaged 0.2 pounds per week lost, a total of 0.6 in 3 weeks. Hoping for another whoosh soon, but I'll just keep doing what I've been doing as long as I'm moving the right way at any speed. We're about 5.5 weeks into the season, and I'm down about 5.5 pounds, so I'm staying right on track to be down 1 pound per week, which is actually a faster loss than I need to make my goal for the year. That helps me get through these times when the scale seems stuck.

Also, saw Endgame today and probably cried a whole pound of tears, so maybe the scale will temporarily be kind to me tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Sooooo ... sunny ... tell us all about New York !!

Time for some spring NSVs!!
1. My Calvin Klein spring jacket fits comfortable instead of tight now
2. I ignored a craving for sugar last night and feel good about it today
3. Now it’s spring, I can park far from the office and getting my 20 block walk in
4. Even my shoes feel roomier
5. Have a Vegas trip late October with my sons & their wives to look forward to.

Let’s being Spring home, Ladies!
7 weeks of clean eating
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #38  

Follena: Those NSVs all sound awesome. Way to keep it up.

Happy midway point everyone. Spring is half over, have to go. Hope you are all enjoying it.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #39  

Follena Greta NSV! New York was great! I ended up not even eating to my calorie limit so that was great lol soooo much walking! According to my fit bit we walked almost 11 miles! I was so tired by the end of the day! I rode a subway for the first time which was interesting lol My favorite thing was china town though, it was pretty cool.

I can't believe we are half way to summer! I need to get some weight loss coming lol I dropped my calories 50 more so I'm now at 1500 a day for almost a week now.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #40  

Lacerta congrats on reaching your mini goal! I didn't notice it last week!

Finally had my whoosh! What a relief!

I went through my closet this past week, I hardly have anything left now! I had to let go my shirts that used to be my go to's and that was hard! Our community had a huge yard sale yesterday and me and a friend went. I bought a large shirt, it's still too tight but I will fit into it soon! I was a 4x and now an XL, I can't believe it!

Last edited by somedaysunny; 05-12-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #41  

somedaysunny: Thanks. Sounds like you had a good trip. I've never been to the northeast US. Glad you had fun. Cleaning out your closet is so bittersweet. Saying goodbye to clothes that you love can be difficult, but for such a nice reason. I did it recently too. My transformation has almost all been on the lower half, so I got rid of A TON of old jeans and other pants, but not much for shirts yet. I've only gone from an XXL to an XL. Way to go on your whoosh as well.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #42  

Lacerta thanks, I guess I've lost all around cause I'm out of shirts and pants lol pants are just easier to get rid of for me though. I'm my moms size now so I'm just going to wear her pants till I go down another size
Old 05-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #43  

That's funny. I'm my mom's size now too.

And congrats on getting to mark off another signature goal today. Just noticed that. I've always meant to go geocaching, just never actually done it. One of these days.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #44  

Lacerta thank you, it's a great feeling lol I got fat as a kid and I remember when my stuff was too small for her, then in middle school we fit the same through part of high school. And now, 6-8 years later I'm almost smaller! I'm ready for a new wardrobe. I kept all my smaller clothes, so they're 10 years old basically, I really want some new stuff. Geocaching is fun, you can definitely find some interesting stuff. I use the Geocaching . com site and they sell things called trackables. They have an ID on them and you place them in one to be found, then that person that finds it again takes it somewhere else and logs where they put it and you can see it's history online of every place it has made it to, it's pretty neat.

Last edited by somedaysunny; 05-12-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedaysunny View Post
Follena Greta NSV! New York was great! I ended up not even eating to my calorie limit so that was great lol soooo much walking! According to my fit bit we walked almost 11 miles! I was so tired by the end of the day! I rode a subway for the first time which was interesting lol My favorite thing was china town though, it was pretty cool.

I can't believe we are half way to summer! I need to get some weight loss coming lol I dropped my calories 50 more so I'm now at 1500 a day for almost a week now.
Hi Sunny sorry it took me a while to respond to the above post. I've been popping into different threads lately. Awww, sounds like you did a lot of the same stuff I did while in NYC. So much walking. How awesome you stayed on plan!! I was at 1500 cals when I did low-carb. And lost weight quite nicely at that level. But now I'm switched to low-cal, I'm sitting at 1200, which is really low, but at my age, when I eat oatmeal for breakfast... the only way I can lose weight is to really reduce on calories. Kinda sucks. But it is what it is. Hopefully I can post in the spring/summer spreadsheet soon. But for now ... I'm working on not focusing on scale.

Have a great week, Ladies!!
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote