Old 12-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Lacerta You have such a great attitude dealiing with the mini plateau but we all know that it's temporary and you'll see some progress!

Ophelia looks like you and I are sharing the water weight drop after being off track for so long. Our bodies were desperate! Glad to see your numbers are going down and you're getting back on track too!

Newlyn sorry to hear you're still sick. Hopefully the bug will work is way out soon and you can begin to feel better

Follena congrats on stopping smoking and getting back into life after your struggles. You are a very strong person to be able to even start and my hat is off to you! Glad that you've joined us!

Trying to get back in the swing is not too bad, i've not eating too too much and i've managed to do 2 workouts this week so i'm happy with those results. Getting ready for this weekend of work I am going to be making some of my favorite soup plus a serious grocery run tomorrow so I can replenish my kitchen and deep freezer.Happily my weight is slipping down and I attribute that to getting back on track with drinking my water. Hopefully i'll just keep going down after the water weight is lost but i'll take what I can get!

Week One
01: 251.6
02: 253.5
03: 249.1
04: 248.7
05: 248.5
06: 247.1
07:
---------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

momtopads: thanks a bunch for your supportive words. Good for you on the 2 workouts this week. I love homemade soup. Yesterday I had Superfood soup from a deli called Freshii. It had kale, broccoli, red onion and chicken. So good.

I was again surprised at my weight loss this morning but I think it's all down to water loss. I have a slight touch of hypoglycemia which means I need to eat protein every 4-5 hours or I get the shakes and even emotional. So one day this week I was racing between meetings downtown and was a shaking mess by lunch time. This made me realize I need to include an ounce of nuts in morning snack between breakfast and lunch. Onwards and downwards everyone!!

SW: 190
CW: 183.6
GW: 182
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Week One
01: 210.0
02: 210.0
03: 210.0
04: 210.2
05: 210.4
06: 210.2
07: 210.6
---------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: +1.0

I've just stayed in the 210s all week. so I'm ok with that. I'm up a pound from my lowest, but I just have 3 more days to get through before I can start dropping again. It's been a long week, and I'm already in overtime and I'm working all day tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish up tomorrow and not have to work Sunday too.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #34  

Good luck!
Swanestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 291/265.5/133

Height: 5'3"

SW: 266
GW: 260

1: 265.5 New low!
2: 266 Of course it went up today! This was pre-bathroom though so I'll take it.
3: 266 Pre-bathroom again. This is somehow becoming a thing. Glad I'm sticking and not gaining though.
4: 266.5 Pre-bathroom and I'm sick.
5: 267 Sick in bed now so I'm not surprised it's up.
6: No WI
7: No WI
8: 265

I'm still sick so I'm just dropping in. You're all doing so well!
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #36  

Newlyn: I'm so sorry to hear you are still sick. Are you feeling ANY better? If you are not at least on the mend by now, it might be time to consult with your doctor. I've only been sick for longer than a week a couple of times, and each time, I wish I'd gone to the doctor sooner than I did.

Follena: Way to go, you are already almost at your goal for the month, and we're only a week in. Might have to set a new, bonus goal, which is always a great feeling in my book.

Momtopands: You're already lost nearly half of what you gained, in just a week. That means you didn't really gain much of anything, maybe 5 pounds. By the end of the month, you'll be back on track. That's a win.

ophelia: It is so much easier to be critical of ourselves, and to praise others. But it is also important to recognize our own achievements and what we ourselves have accomplished. I try to remember that when I want to whine about the scale not moving. But then I stop and realize this is a long journey. What happens on the scale any given week or month is not as important as the trend. And setbacks are allowed, as long as the mindset and choices are good. Also, I know what you mean about curling up and napping. I think part of the reason my weight loss has slowed is that I'm having a lot of trouble getting my walks in. At one point, I was going twice a day. But with the super short days and the bitter cold (it is like 16 degrees F outside right now) plus the long shifts at work, I'm only getting a few walks a week in, all on my treadmill. I need to get back to at least one a day. But right now, all I want to do is sleep. I'm having trouble finding the energy.

Week Two
08: 211.0
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Two:

Today was the highest I've been for a while, but I had a massive sodium intake yesterday. I had a high sodium lunch followed by a high sodium dinner. Good on calories, just ALL the sodium. So I'm figuring this is probably just bloat. Long day ahead today at work, but I'm in the home stretch.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #37  

Lacerta: I'm taking your advice and setting a new goal. My heart broke a little when I read your post about having to work today and so much overtime. Makes me curious where you work but you don't have to share that if you don't want. I've noticed I'm starting to slow down. All I can do to complete my 5 days per week in the office.
Newlyn: congratulations on the new low!!
mom: there is nothing like a grocery run to help us succeed. No plan .. is a plan for failure. And groceries are the #1 planning tool we have. Hope you're enjoying your house full of delicious eats!

CW: 184.2
GW: 180
Old 12-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #38  

Follena: Don't feel too bad for me. I work really hard for about 10 days a month, but then take it pretty easy the rest of each month. I run my parents real estate, property management, new construction office. So the 1st to the 5th, we are collecting rents, and then the 6th to the 10th, we are paying bills and dispersing rents to owners of the property. So I'm busy for those 10 days and REALLY busy for the 7th to the 10th, but then from the 11th to the end of the month, it's much quieter. It's a predictable cycle that I just plan around. So I work 50+ hours the week of the 10th, but most of the rest of the month, I only work about 30 hours a week. So I don't have it that bad....I just like to whine a bit while I'm in the busy time. I've found that, since March, when I started this weight loss journey, I typically gain a pound or three the first 10 days of the month, both because of stress and because I don't have control of my schedule very much during that time, so I can't eat when and where I necessarily want to. But then I whoosh typically after the 10th.

It's pretty funny, because my weight loss chart looks like this:

\__
. . . \__
. . . . . . \__
. . . . . . . . . \__

Last edited by Lacerta; 12-08-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #39  

Week Two
08: 211.0
09: 210.2
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

So yesterday was likely just bloat, as I was back down again today. I'm actually feeling pretty good that I'm up less than a pound throughout my busy time. For me, that is an accomplishment. Now I have almost nothing to relose to start my losing time after tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #40  

Lacerta: thx for explaining your job cycle - I feel better for you now YAY for being up less than a pound during that nutty time.
Gah! I knew the landjaegar sausages I ate yesterday were going to get me. Weight went back up a bit but ...onwards and downwards this week.

CW: 185
GW: 180
Old 12-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #41  
Green Tomatoes

Great to see new folks and returning folks! Did I state your goal the way you want?

ange82much: maintain at 112
ehstrager:
flower1:
Follena: -5 lbs
Lacerta: -6 lbs
momtopands: -10 lbs
Newlyn: -6 lbs
opheliaphoenix: -8.2 lbs
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
Great to see new folks and returning folks! Did I state your goal the way you want?

ehstrager:
flower1:
Follena: -5 lbs
Hi Garden! Sorry my goal was confusing. Put me down for 10 pound goal please since the first 5 came off due to water weight. Thanks so much.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #43  

flower1: You haven't been around for a week or so. How is your back doing? I hope it isn't hurting too much. Come back and see us again.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #44  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

momtopands: Congrats on your losses!! Bloat or not, it's progress for us...lol.

Newlyn: I'm sorry you're still feeling sick! Hoping it passes for you soon.

Lacerta: That looks like a nice, consistent loss pattern to me...great work! You're so right about keeping the overall picture/trends in mind when checking our progress along the way.

---------------------------------------

Just a quick pop-in since I haven't posted in a couple days, but I haven't disappeared! It's been finals week, but I have everything squared away now with that so that is a relief...lol. However, I just found out that I got a job I applied for -- just retail, nothing exciting, but it was one of the only things available for a graveyard shift (10pm-7am) in our small town to fit into my schedule -- so, things aren't going to be slowing down much. It's going to be rough until our youngest starts school in August, because I will still have him during the day after I get off of work in the mornings, so I won't be able to sleep until our oldest gets home from school around 3:30pm. I've never worked overnights, so getting my schedule switched around should be interesting...wish me luck! Haha. Does anyone have any tips on adjusting to that shift other than using black-out curtains or a sleep mask? Luckily, the next semester doesn't start until Jan. 15th, so I'm hoping to get settled into all that before I have to start school again.

Week Two
08: 176.8
09: 175.4
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One: 176.6
Total Loss for Week Two:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #45  
Green Tomatoes

Fixed the goal for Follena -- thanks for helping me out!

ehstrager:
flower1:
Follena: -10 lbs
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote