Old 07-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #16  

Height: 5'0"

Lacerta – Thank you! I may have to wait till I have 20 posts (something like that) signature is not an option in the User CP.

Riestrella – I also eat a lot of grains. I’ve just started trying to have those grains be 100% whole grain (the kernel is still intact). That is supposed to reduce blood sugar spikes and reduce cravings. We shall see!

Chunkahlunkah – you posted some very good ideas, thank you!
Rainbow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Happy first day of July. I'm back from travel. Joe
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:58 AM   #18  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Welome back, Joe!

Lacerta - Congrats on the new decade!

Rainbow - I find it fun hearing about what works for others, so I'm happy if I was able to provide anything that could help, too. One thing I'd forgotten to mention that I was reminded of yesterday...That first time I was losing weight, I got in the habit of only eating half the portion I used to for high calorie foods or desserts. With the latter, I'd take half the size I normally would and pair it with a glass of milk. The protein would help me feel more full and the smaller size wouldn't give me such a destructive (for me) sugar hit. I don't eat dessert that often, but that strategy really helped me stick with a lower calorie level while still feeling full and not deprived. I'd actually forgotten about that bc I fell out of the habit of always doing that. Yesterday I had pizza though and ate only half a slice, and it reminded me of how half a portion is something that works for me. (It was only a snack, or else I would've eaten the whole slice! ) Switching to whole grains is a great choice, btw! For some people, it can make a big difference in satiety (I'm one), and you get more nutrients and almighty fiber. Oh yeah, that was another thing I did the other time. For a while, I went through a phase where I strived to hit a high fiber number each day. That helped me a lot. I find weight loss more interesting when I aim for high healthy figures (like fiber or vitamins or servings of healthy foods) than when I aim for being under a calorie level. Doing the former, for me, ends up producing the latter anyway, and does it in a way that keeps me engaged. What techniques work well for you?
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #19  
~Kim~

Start July 1, 2018 ~ 251
Goal for July ~ 241 (10lbs)
Current Weight ~ 250.8
Lbs to Go ~ 9.8

7/1 ~ 251
7/2 ~ 250.8
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #20  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Week One
01: 193
02: 194.6 Water weight from poor weekend choices.
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:

Last edited by boatingmommy; 07-03-2018 at 08:02 AM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Just time for a quick update today before going in to work.

CW: 240.0
July GW: 233.0
I'm sticking with 7 pounds this month, to stay on track for my end of year goal.
Alternate goal: Be able to fasten up my size 16 regular jeans. (Not even close right now)

Week One
01: 239.8
02: 240.2
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Was not at all surprised to see a bump up today. I'm 99% sure I'm retaining water. I did a big strength training circuit yesterday for the first time, and I'm pretty sure my arms are going to fall off and I can barely stand up. In other words, I'm a tad bit sore. I was just glad the scale bump wasn't worse. Really enjoyed how the circuit made me feel though, so I'm going to start doing it 3 times a week.

I did 3 sets of:
20 squats
10 pushups (incline pushups against the couch, from my knees, as that's all I'm good enough for yet to do 10 in a row)
20 walking lunges (10 each leg)
10 dumbbell rows on each arm with a 10 pound weight
30 second plank (also from my knees)
30 jumping jacks (I did the non-jumping variety, as I bounce and it hurts)

The first set was easy, 2nd I was starting to feel, by the 3rd, I didn't know if I could finish, but i did. I hurt in muscles I didn't know I had.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #22  

I'm going for 6 pounds this month - since I am still up 1.5 lbs from my low last month.

CW: 146.0
GW: 140.0

Week One
01: DNW
02: 146.0
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #23  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Checking in for day two!

Stepped on the scale this morning and I am 186.2 lbs which is a nice little 0.8 lb drop admittedly. I stayed relatively good yesterday with the exception of polishing off a quarter of a tub of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream after dinner. Oops. My period is approaching too so perhaps I'll see another drop next week if I can stay good?

I think a big change on my horizon is coming since I'm finally going to see a psychiatrist about the mental health problems I've suffered with throughout my life. I've never had the courage or the sense to go and seek treatment, but looking back on some of the darker times in my life I think it's been due to a case of poor mental health. I always feel an immense pressure in all aspects of my life - to work, to lose weight, to be a good friend, to be creative. I feel like the true version of myself is trapped behind a wall and if I could just figure out a way to break down that wall then everything would be ok. I'm in the process of making an appointment with my limited health insurance, but I'm optimistic about the results.

Spoiler
Week One
01: 187 lbs
02: 186.2 lbs
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One: 0.8 lbs

Week Two
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Chunkalunkah - Thank you for welcoming me back with such a nice message! You've basically explained the way I would like to lose weight: less grains, more protein, less sugar, only 1 splurge a week and be active. You're so right about sedentary and time being the biggest cause of weight gain - I definitely feel that way having a job where I'm not only working at a desk all day but also at home... so I don't even have to walk very far to get to my "office"! I really should start taking longer walks as part of my daily routine, instead of relying on 3 workouts a week to get my body active. I'm terrified of all the aches I feel in my knees when I'm just doing normal things like grocery shopping. Thanks for your input

Rainbow - I hope you see some results with switching to whole grains! I eat whole grain bread but I do also eat rice and pasta a lot too.

Lacerta - I'm positive your bump was due to exercise, if you keep on track you might not see a drop for a while, but soon you'll have a big whoosh for your efforts. Hang in there!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:29 PM   #24  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

SW: 140.8
CW: 140.0
GW: 138.3

If I had $100 for every time I've been exactly at 140.0, I'd be able to travel Europe for a month in comfort. Ahh, travel...
I expect a bump up tomorrow since I did a workout today that was heavy on weights. I'm a water retention champ.

NSV: One of my favorite pairs of workout shorts told me, "No more" today. They refused to stay up even when I rolled them over a few times. Goodbye U of Michigan shorts, you served me well. I will miss you but am also happy to see you slip away.

Riestrella - I'm so glad you'll be seeing a counselor! I'm a big believer in how helpful they can be. Being sedentary sure is the nemesis of weight management for many of us. I mean, I could eat below the TDEE my sedentary maintenance requires, but that's not the calorie level where I naturally fall, so it would feel like I'm constantly restricting. I don't like living like that, so it's better for me to at least maintain a modicum of activity so I can eat a couple hundred calories more. Like you, I unfortunately have not found 3 workouts a week--even intense ones--enough to get me back to my healthy weight. I really do much better when I'm "lightly" to "moderately" active every day, even if I never do intense workouts. I guess my metabolism really likes to drop down to nothing on days when I don't move. P.S. Are you looking for a psychiatrist who incorporates counseling? No need to answer here if that's prying but I know some (maybe most?) psychiatrists focus almost exclusively on medication, while psychologists are the ones adept at counseling. Counseling can really help with transcending painful thought patterns.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-02-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #25  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

[QUOTE=ange82much;5362938]

My Second Month of Maintenance
SW: 115.5
TW: <119

July 3: 117.5

Had a bit of an indulgent weekend. Nothing major - just a few too many calories each day for 3 days, and i'm up a couple of lb as a result. Time for a lower-cal couple of days Would like to try drop off a 1lb again before the next weekend.
Is this what maintenance-life's going to look like? Spend the week making up for the weekend? And the answer is......probably!

ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #26  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Rainbow123: Welcome!! Glad you were able to get the lack of a signature sorted out, and I'm sure you'll hit the post minimum in no time and will be able to add one soon.

Kim: I hope July will be a successful month for us all!!

Lacerta: Thank you...and, very nice workout!

boatingmommy: Welcome back!

Riestrella: Welcome back to you, as well...so glad to see you again!! I gained nearly 30 lbs back when I dropped off of 3FC for a few months last summer...it was rough on me mentally, but coming back here was the best thing for me, and I was able to work it back off and then some. I know you will, too. And, I hope that the appointment you'll be making will help you sort out some things, as well!

Chunkah: Thank you, I'm really looking forward to the trip! Not seeing any family other than my mom and her husband since 2012 is a LONG time to go without, so I am more than ready, lol. And, thank you for the kind words, as well. (P.S. Just saw the NSV with the shorts...congrats!)

Joe: Welcome back from your travels!

-----------------------------------------

Still on the yoyo...bumped up a little yesterday to 171, then back down a little to 170.8 today. I'm also still up from where I was over two weeks ago now, so I am impatiently waiting for a breakthrough any day now. I'm not eating above maintenance, and - even if I didn't move much at all, much less actually workout - my cals should still be in the range for weight loss, so I'm just calling this a true "the body is a mystery" plateau and will have to remain patient through it. TOM is supposed to start sometime in the next day or two, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is nice to me like it has been a few times in the past, but we will see...lol. Also, something I will have to watch myself on will be tomorrow...it's our youngest son's birthday (he will be 4!), so I know we will be having a little bit of cake and ice cream -- and will likely be having pizza for dinner as well, if I had to guess. I'm going to do my best to navigate all that and keep the celebration calories to a minimum...wish me luck!

Week One
01: 171.0
02: 170.8
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/160/105

I'm back on 3FC after a 4 year hiatus Thanks so much for this challenge! I really need the extra motivation to get moving.

CW: 148.0
July GW: 140.0

Week One
01: 148
02: 148
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:

Bonus days
29:
30:
31:
Total Loss for Bonus days:
Total loss for Entire Month:
Stefania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #28  

Hello all,

I’m going to try this challenge with you and see how I do. I just registered on 3FC and I hope participating here will inspire me to try harder to lose weight. I’ve got a couple of ongoing health issues related to my weight. I feel guilty because I brought this all on myself. I’m setting a goal of 9 lbs. It might be too much but I’m just starting to diet again. I’m in a bit of pain so I hope that will motivate me. 9 lbs would make a huge difference in how I feel. I’m looking forward to chatting with you all this month. Good luck!

CW: 187.2
GW: 179

Week 1:

7/1 187.6
7/2 187.2
Jeanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #29  
~Kim~

Start July 1, 2018 ~ 251
Goal for July ~ 241 (10lbs)
Current Weight ~ 250.2
Lbs to Go ~ 9.2

7/1 ~ 251
7/2 ~ 250.8
7/3 ~ 250.2

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 07-05-2018 at 08:56 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #30  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, everyone! I'll make our list later today or tomorrow.

July goal: -2.4 kgs (reach 97.9kgs)

1: 100.3
3: 100.25
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote