Old 10-21-2017, 07:19 AM   #76  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Drum roll please!
Although I've only lost 5 Ounces this week, it takes me 0.01 of a point into "Overweight"!!! I'll take it! I started in Morbidly Obese.

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #77  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

That's wonderful Rosinante! I can't wait to be where you are at. You are an inspiration!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:21 AM   #78  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefrey View Post
That's wonderful Rosinante! I can't wait to be where you are at. You are an inspiration!
Aw, thank you!!
Old 10-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #79  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini6 View Post
Rosinante
Thank you!

Last edited by Rosinante; 10-23-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #80  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

Thank you for the birthday animation, Gemini6!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #81  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Rosinante, Congratulations on entering the overweight classification, what a wonderful feeling and place to have achieved.

I can't seem to focus on a good exercise routine or eating less. I am holding more or less just enough to be staying in my not overweight range, which is good with winter hibernation (and past Fall gains) in the air.

Congrats to all that have continued to loss weight!

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 10-23-2017 at 12:34 PM. Reason: edit
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

We are in the middle of an unusual heat wave, where I live. It's supposed to be over 100 degrees for the next 2 days. Last I checked, it's just a degree off from 100. No AC, only fans, so looks like my best option for exercise is to go to the gym.

I lost one pound this week. I seem to be on track for a 10-lb total loss for the challenge. I put my goal as 15 pounds, to see if I could push myself, but the 10-lb goal is the realistic one. My weighing method is different than most. I don't record ounces, and round my weight up. It seems to work best for me to feel like I own the lower weight.

Anyone dressing up for any Halloween events? The horseback riding center, where I volunteer is encouraging volunteers to wear costumes between Oct. 28 - Nov. 1. At first I thought I'd get a horse mask and go as a horse, but I discovered from reviews that the masks can be hard to see through. So, I decided to dress as one of the "My Little Pony" characters, Twilight Sparkle".

I got the character specific wig (with unicorn horns & ears) and a tail to match. From there, I'm going to add some colorful fake eye lashes (blue or rainbow), and either blue or purple lipstick. I bought some fuzzy/rainbow fake fur fabric at a yardage store and will make some leg warmers. I, also, bought a little device that makes 4 horse noises.

It's been awhile since I've dressed in a costume. I'm either going to have lots of fun, or feel very silly, LOL.

Naughty

Tefrey
Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner. Congrats on being close to your goal.

RIE
Hey Rie. Just want to check and see if I have a correct understanding on the final weigh-in? Week beginning 10-23-17 ends on 10-29-17. Then, am I correct in understanding that we do one last weigh-in two days later on Halloween?

Rosinante
Congrats for stepping into "overweight". Good job! I'm sure you will continue to secure this new label in the week ahead. (as you steer towards "normal"). I side with those who apply some flexibility to the weight charts. Everyone who weighs a certain weight doesn't necessarily have the same BMI and muscles.

Gemini6
I don't think that sugar-free candy would put a dent in a sugar craving for me, LOL. I know that it isn't realistic for me to never have any sugar treats, so I have to allow them ocasionally (and do my best to manage the situation). For the long-term, I have to accept that I'll slip occasionally. The key to success will likely be my ability to do a course correction after slips.

Workinglikeadog
Hang in there. I can identify with the Winter hibernation thing, so I know how hard it fan be. Maintaining can be a good accomplishment, especially at this time of year.

Last edited by munchey; 10-23-2017 at 07:29 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #83  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 7 Chart everyone!

munchey - Correct!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:38 AM   #84  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinglikeadog View Post
Rosinante, Congratulations on entering the overweight classification, what a wonderful feeling and place to have achieved.

I can't seem to focus on a good exercise routine or eating less. I am holding more or less just enough to be staying in my not overweight range, which is good with winter hibernation (and past Fall gains) in the air.

Congrats to all that have continued to loss weight!
Thank you, WLD. Hey, if you're continuing to maintain, you're doing great!
Old 10-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #85  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

Your costume sounds amazing, munchey!
Old 10-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #86  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Sorry for my silence during the challenge. As expected I had a hard time adjusting when I returned back from Japan. I always get thrown off whenever I take vacations! I'm slowly getting back into a normal routine, though I still have a way to go. Working from home continues to be a challenge.

Yesterday I entered a 5K race for December 16th. Just the push I needed to get out and exercise again! I updated my fitness ticker in my signature after counting up all the miles I'll be running over the next 8 weeks. Today I went on my first run since March 30th! I can't believe it's been that long since I got outside and ran. I did 1.5 miles in 19:20, which was a 12:54 min/mi. Considering I hadn't ran in 7 months, plus I had a dog with me who slowed me down occasionally for toilet breaks, I would say I'm pretty proud of my speed!

I've got another two 1.5 mile runs to do this week and I'm quite excited to see how I do. Fingers crossed this leads to some weight loss, but I'm trying to focus more on getting my fitness back than I am on weight loss. While I was in Japan I did a couple of hikes and I was astonished at how out of breath I felt. My legs got tired a lot easier, but the fact that my heart just couldn't keep up was quite scary for me.

Anyway, well done to everyone who has been keeping up with their plan and losing weight - incredible! Sorry again for my lack of presence, I hope that with the next challenge I'll be more active now that I'll be focusing on my health again with the 5K on the horizon .
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #87  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Thank you, WLD. Hey, if you're continuing to maintain, you're doing great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post
[color=#990099]
Workinglikeadog
Hang in there. I can identify with the Winter hibernation thing, so I know how hard it fan be. Maintaining can be a good accomplishment, especially at this time of year.
Thank YOU ladies for reminding me that maintaining is a great thing!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #88  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

Good luck on the 5K, Riestrella! I'm signed up for one in December but may end up walking it ... still too large to run well, but I'm working on it and this group is helping me a lot.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Rie, best of luck to you with your training! Great to see others using 5ks as motivation to move. I've signed up for our local Turkey Trot on November 18. I'm with you tefrey in that I will be doing a lot of walking mixed with a little running. On that note, I need to replace my shoes as my current ones have very little tread on them.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Everyone! Best wishes to everyone with their final weigh-in tomorrow. I think we all have something to celebrate. From maintenance, continued health and fitness efforts, as well as weight loss. I think we are all in it for the long run, and that means we want long-term/permanent results. It's not who gets there the fastest that wins, it's those who make changes that they can embrace and live with who win. Got to find your personal formula for health, fitness and a healthy weight for your.

I had a long reply drafted in a Notepad document, that I didn't title and save. Darn, got another Windows 10 "Blue Screen of Death" and my computer shut down again. I hate Windows 10 so much. Most updates come with problems and I'm constantly updating drivers and troubleshooting one problem after another. To make it worse, they sneak in the updates, when you aren't ready for them. Sorry, had to get this rant out and do some venting.

Okay, now I feel better and can get back to recreating my original reply, as best I can.

I had a couple of successes this week with controlled eating of Barbecued Popchips. I ate half of a 5 oz package on one day, and then the rest a couple of days later. Something spicy makes it easier for me to be mindful and savor the taste. I'm a work in progress. As long as I have more successes than failures, I'll get where I need to go. I keep reminding myself that it will never be easier than NOW to get the weight off.

Naughty

Rie
I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time. I know how hard it can be to interact during those times. I think most, if not all, of us can identify and empathsize.

It's good to hear from you and hear that you are focusing on fitness and health. I think that more often than not, when we focus more on overall fitness we can get better results and longer lasting results. Sometimes, focusing too much on the scale and weight loss can lead to burn out and back sliding.

The December 5K race sounds like a good incentive. Good job on your practice run (s). Dogs may slow us down, but I find that they can be a motivating factor in getting us out and moving. If any of your hikes in Japan were uphill or in altitude you weren't used to, that can really make you feel more out of shape than you are.

I hope things continue to get better for you. It can be difficult to get out of bed, with the shorter days. That has to be a challenge when working from home. Have you tried using one of the SAD lamps, during the Fall and Winter months?

Gemini6
"No makeup" = scary with me as well, LOL. I think that after a certain age, that selfies should be prohibited, unless you have had enough cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery to freeze things and prop them up, LOL.

It's been a long time since I've tried to wear false eye lashes. I need some practice.

Tefrey & Curvynotlumpy
Nothing wrong with walking a 5k. It's a lot kinder on the joints, no matter what you weight is, particularly if you have a genetic predisposition for arthritis.

Last edited by munchey; 10-30-2017 at 01:14 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote