Old 10-07-2017, 11:49 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and are gearing up for a good final weigh-in for the week! I don't expect any loss this week, as I let my cold turn me into a couch potato.

My exercise for today ended up being half of what I had planned. I was feeling better, and recovering from the cold, but things didn't quite go my way. I got in one session with side-walking at the therapeutic horseback riding center. Things didn't go so well with the 2nd session I started. I had to stop and have someone replace me. An extreme episode of vertigo set in. I got very dizzy, thought I was going to vomit and or pass out. It was a hot day, I didn't have lunch and I guess on this particular day I wasn't suited for the level of assistance that the student needed (severely handicapped). I was walking along side the horse, with one hand on a grab handle on a special waist belt, which the student was wearing. My other hand was holding her ankle. As I walked, I kept my eyes on the student, as she kept slumping. I think my head positioning had something to do with the episode. (not looking forward while walking, but looking sideways for too long a time).

How embarrassing. After someone replaced me. I made it over to Lean on the rail surrounding the corral. For a few minutes, I thought I was either going to vomit or pass out. Thankfully, I recovered to just plain dizzy and slightly nauseous, after sitting for awhile with a wet rag around my neck and drinking some cold water.

I had planned to attend a barbecue event at the horseback riding corral, but I didn't go. It was a perfect evening for the event. They planned on making a large bon fire, after eating and make S'mores.

I started to make a taco salad to bring to the event, and even started some of the fixings this morning. After I got home, from volunteering in the classes, I still felt a bit dizzy, after eating some chicken, so I didn't go to the barbecue. I rapidly lost my ambition to finish the salad, clean off and load up a lawn chair to take with me and drive back to the riding center.

If I just could have shown up, without a side dish and a chair, I might have pushed myself to just go. One way to look at is is I avoided the temptation of a lot of calories.

Guess it's just a regular Saturday evening.

curvynotlumpy
Congrats on losing a pound. Those surprise loses can be a mood elevator. I'm sorry about your cold. I hope you fully recover soon. Even minor colds can sap your energy.

Gemini6
Good job with staying with your calorie plan and resisting the bread, fries and onion rings. Yum, yum - the steak sound delicious. Now, I'm fairly certain that you won't start clucking like a chicken, lol.

munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #62  

Thoughts of chips were running through my head last night. At one point, I even tried to justify some chips with the thought that they might settle my stomach (from the day's situation with nausea and dizziness). Interesting how we can wrestle with thoughts to convince ourselves that it's okay to eat something, LOL

I had Popchips in the house and a bag of Doritos that I purchased for the taco salad I was going to bring to the barbecue. It was a near miss, but I stayed strong and had a couple of raw almonds and walnuts and a diet Dr Pepper, instead of chips. I was glad I stayed strong, when I faced the scale this morning and was down one pound. My activity level was really down this week because of a cold, so a loss was unexpected.

The loss might be because my food intake was mainly protein yesterday. I'll quit trying to rationalize how I lost a pound and just embrace it. Actually, it motivates me to work harder for a better week ahead. I'm definitely not going to face the scale for a few days - likely for a week. Weighing less tends to work best for me.

I hope everyone has a good final weigh-in for the week and a good week ahead of them.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:06 AM   #63  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! I'm back from Japan! Thank you so much to munchey for posting up charts and keeping morale high while I was away .

Here's week 5's chart!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #64  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

My trip to Japan was fantastic! I got to see so many great sights, see friends I haven't seen for 3 years and also ate sooo much incredible food. My feet and legs were screaming for mercy, however, I hadn't realized just how weak they had gotten from driving everywhere. I really miss walking everywhere!
It was the perfect amount of time to spend there and I'm glad to be back home. I'm still so incredibly jet lagged though, it's kicking my a$$! I gotta stay awake all day today since I've been succumbing to naps. Booo.

I managed to lose a little amount of weight in Japan, which is great! I think all the food I ate was burned with the amount of walking I did. I'm not sure if it'll keep off and I'm not sure if it's accurate, since I weighed in after I traveled, so we'll see.
Great work everyone!!
Old 10-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #65  

RIE:
It's so good to have you back. No one can replace you, but I was happy to help out while you were gone.

I'm glad your vacation was enjoyable. With losing a little weight, that's about as good as it gets. I hope your week goes well and that you continue to recover from your vacation and get acclimated.

HEY EVERYONE:
Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments this week!

LET'S GET MOVING:

Munchey

Old 10-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #66  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

I never seem to get my weights in on time to make the chart :-( maybe I'll try getting up early and see if I can get it in next week so it's more accurate. Thank so much for all you do!!!
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #67  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegreene View Post
I never seem to get my weights in on time to make the chart :-( maybe I'll try getting up early and see if I can get it in next week so it's more accurate. Thank so much for all you do!!!
Charts are usually made on a Monday morning EST, so get your weight in for the week by Sunday! You can weigh in any day of the week.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #68  

Just stopping by to say "Hi". How is everyone doing? Anyone have any rewards in mind, for when you reach certain goals?

Old 10-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #69  

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are having a good weekend and a good final weigh-in. My activity was down for most of the week, but I did manage to lose a pound this week. I forced myself to go to the gym on Friday (it can be a love/hate situation) and then I got in over 4 miles of walking while volunteering at the horseback riding center on Saturday.

My goal for this challenge was a bit of a stretch (15 lbs). I seem to be on track for a 10-lb loss, which was a realistic goal. I'll be happy with that and even happier for an additional pounds lost.

I've decided to give myself a little reward once I get to one-der-land. I have pierced ears, but I just evolved to not wearing earrings. I decided that I want to start wearing earrings again. I shop at Sam's Club and have a $100 rebate available, to apply to an upcoming purchase. I decided that I will apply the rebate to the purchase of earrings. I can't wear most costume jewelry in my ears, as they get swollen and sore. Thankfully, I'm not allergic to gold, LOL.

Gemini6:
Clothes sound like a good reward. Do you have an inspiration outfits, that you want to shrink into? Too bad we are close in weight, or I'd send you some lightly worn outfits that I shrink out of.

EVERYONE:
Stop by and comment on how things are going for you. How did your week go? Successes? Improvement opportunities?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #70  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Hmmm, no goal in mind right now, I won't reach onederland until closer to Christmas so I may ask for something special from Santa. Right now I just want to lose the weight that holds me back!

So this was an off week with less of a loss than I would like, but still on track to get below 210 by the end of the month.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #71  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Charts everyone!

Old 10-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #72  

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments this week!

Any of you have issues with Halloween candy? I can't believe that Halloween is so near. I find that if I don't have the candy around, I don't have the temptation. Where I've gotten into trouble in the past is by buying candy that I like (first mistake). The second mistake is starting to eat candy. If I hold firm and don't start, I can be successful in getting rid of it, without indulging.

Tefrey:
I'm glad you are on track to reach your goal. Wow - 13.9 lbs and 6.14% is fantastic! The rewards from being slimmer can stand alone as rewards.

Gemini6:
Congrats for reaching your goal! 11 pounds and 5.05% is great!. I'm betting that you will maintain it. I'm working on accepting that at certain points, my weight will go up and down a bit before I feel I own a certain weight.

My Sam's Club is just one mile from my house, so I tend to buy most of my food there. I have to say, my particular store has had some nice name brand casual clothes. I buy online from Macy's. One thing I like about Macy's is that you can place some clothes on a wish list, and then wait for an upcoming sale/clearance/discount coupons. It can be one way to have an inspiration, without spending money. Right now, I'm between an X-large and a large. Although there tends to be an average norm with those sizings, some brands tend to run either small or large.

Last edited by munchey; 10-17-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #73  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

We get so many trick or treaters, munchey! I try not to have candy around until the last minute but we need so much that I often end up having to run out and buy more on Halloween. And I try to buy candy I don't like ... only to eat it anyway. Thank goodness the local dentists will take the overstock and send it in a care package to the troops.

Thank you for doing the chart Riestrella! It's so nice to see everyone's progress. We are doing great!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #74  

Hey Everyone

Not the greatest start, with exercise this week, but I did force myself to go to the gym yesterday. I've had 2 days in a row with eating some Popchips, so got to break that tonight. I vow to NOT eat any Popchips today.

The selection of available fruit has been a bit off for the last two weeks. I was fortunate to find some various berries at Sam's Club a couple of days ago. I'm always excited, when I get a good batch, which happened this time. The blackberries and rasberries were especially good this time. I love to eat them with some low-calorie yogurt that matches the fruit and sometime I top it off with a little low-calorie Cool Whip. Yum, yum.

I bought some Gala apples a week or so ago, but they are a little mushy, so think I'll cook them up to make some applesauce. I bought some Honeycrisp apples a couple of days ago. They are more expensive, but worth it - nice and crisp.

Anyone have any favorite Fall/Winter fruits and favorite ways to prepare them as a tasty treat? Anyone have something to share? It can be helpful to share the "good, bad and ugly". Hopefully, silence is golden. Gosh, such a quiet group.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #75  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

I love fruit and especially berries but they get harder to find as the weather changes. Congrats on getting some nice ones Munchey!

Gemini6, I also have a tough time this time of year ... lots of birthdays here too. It started last weekend, luckily my niece asked for a strawberry cake which wasn't to my taste (pink, sweet and strong) so it was easy to get away with a small polite slice.

Going out to dinner tonight for my birthday so weighing in now. I've been hovering near my October goal for several days, but I may tick up tomorrow. Luckily the challenge isn't over yet!